main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Signatopia (The Magna, Rotherham 27th - 28th August 2005)

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Bellow is a copy of TheDarthVader's thread from the main FFUK forum. One or two Welsh posters has expresed an interest in attending this event and I feel it could be a good opportunity for us to travel together, save some money and have a Welsh fanforce gathering. If anyone is interested in attending as part of Wales-FFUK, then leave a message and we'll try and sort something out. It promises to be an amazing show and as you can see from TheDarthVader's post, he has arranged some good money savings, plus its at a time when all exams will be finished and summer hols are in full swing. So, lets see if we can all get something together.

Website for the event www.signatopia.co.uk

I have been requested to organise the Star Wars costume event by Steve Langfield (the Director of Signatopia).
    This will be a great opportunity for theforce.net members to meet up, and arrange a costume event at a convention.
    As I have been placed in control (in essence this will be a FFUK controlled event, we will work with the Signatopia Admin), we can work together and create some really good shows/games for the convention attendees.

I have also obtained a good deal for the costumers, outlined below .
    This is a great opportunity costumers will receive:
    -A weekend Gold Ticket for only £25 (£55 normally)
    -T.B.C. A SW gift (Yet to be decided, But it will be good)
    -refreshments and discount coupons
    -and much more......

The Signatopia (The Magna, Rotherham 27th - 28th August 2005) will be a spectacular event and this is your chance to be part of what will one day become the UK celebration and an annual event.

Costumers are required for this event. The costumes must be of high quality and from the Star Wars galaxy:

Costumes Required:
    Darth Vader

Storm Troopers

Jedi

Sith Lords

Dark Jedi

Boba Fett

Ladies from the AOTC club scene

And any other Costumes from the Star Wars Galaxy.

The Costumers will be required to work with the Signatopia team for a few events on the signatopia weekend:

The Opening Ceremony

Role Playing / attendee interaction games throughout the event

The Club Night, There will be a Night Club set up like the one from AOTC.

This will be a truely spectacular event, with many surprises such as Han in Carbonite, Jabba the Hutt, Games, presentations
    Star Wars celebrities and much, much more. This is surely a great opportunity to immerse your self in the Star Wars Universe and feel part of the Saga.

If you would be interested please PM me and email me at darthvader@hotmail.co.uk

2. TheDarthVader

TheDarthVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    At last we will have peace between the London Chapter and the Welsh Chapter, Welshguy and TheDarthVader will rule this galaxy :p.

3. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Im one of those interested!!! as you know Welshguy!!

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    TheDarthVader: Together we can ovethrow the evil Jairen and the CR's will take control of the FFUK! It is our destiny.

Sakara: I didn't want to speak for you as it were, but I do appreciate you posting here so other posters can get a feel that there will be (hopefully) quite a few of us going. You seem to be very active on the convention scene by the way, how many have you been to?

5. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Ive been going to proper conventions and fandom events since 1997. Been involved in the convention scene quite a bit , having stewarded, been commitee assistant and guest liasoned a few times.

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I've never been to one before and to be honest I have no idea what to expect??? I guess that there will be booths selling stuff and guests signing pics, but I'm just wondering what the atmosphere is like in these kind of places? I've been to the Autosport show a couple of times, which I guess is the closest thing to this, and that was pretty interesting and had lots to do, so I guess this event will be pretty much the same.

I hope they can get Titan involed in this as that would really put the icing on the cake. But even without them, it still looks pretty sweet.

7. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    *stands in thread, tapping foot at the formenting rebellion*

Your RSA will discover the conspirators before his new battle station is fully operational. He will then crush the rebellion with one swift stroke.

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry dude, but as the boss you gotta expect the odd conspiracy plot to overthrow you, cut up your body, weigh down the limbs and dump them at the bottom of a lake......

Opps, I've said to much!

9. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    "I've never been to one before and to be honest I have no idea what to expect??? I guess that there will be booths selling stuff and guests signing pics, but I'm just wondering what the atmosphere is like in these kind of places? I've been to the Autosport show a couple of times, which I guess is the closest thing to this, and that was pretty interesting and had lots to do, so I guess this event will be pretty much the same."

Well it depends on the type of events. Shows that are held in big conference halls are very different to the conventions held in hotels.the latter seem to be more intimate and specific to genre. the conference hall events are usually more open and bigger but sometimes have less atmosphere and more commercial.
    But either way at this kind of event, you'll have dealers tables, talks by guests, autograph signing, maybe photo sessions, parties, usually a costume comp and possiblt a display of memorailia or at least thats what id expect.

"I hope they can get Titan involed in this as that would really put the icing on the cake. But even without them, it still looks pretty sweet."

if we could get them to realise that the UK could host a Celebration type event that would rock. Show them that Uk SW fans are out there too!

10. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    I agree with all of your post Sakara. I really hope that we see a larger future for fandom in the UK :D

Oh, and watch out for more news on the boards about FF-UKs involvement in Signatopia ;)

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ohhh! That sounds like a tasty bit of gosip Jairen. Any hints ;)

The guy running the Signotopia event seems like one of us, a real fan who wants to put on the best show he can. Not some corporate schill out to make a few quick quid from Star Wars fans.

Makes a big difference imoh.

Sakara: Sounds very interesting, it would seem that hotel ones would be the most fun to attend as a group event. But even though Signotopia is being held in what you might consider a large arena type hall, it has the feeling of a more intimate and fan focused event. I hope that whatever Jairen has planned for increased involvement of the FFUK, it will mean more goodies such as closer contact with the event, etc.

12. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Indeed this seems like the right mix between the two types..big arena but intimate atmosphere..and real fans running it.
    Ill keep an eye out for info regarding FFUK involvment..sounds fascinating!!

13. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    On a side note to this, something that really worked well at C3 was all the FF fans having badges with their board and real names on.

Here is an example, it was a double-sided laminated badge on a lanyard.

[image=http://copperraven.com/images/ffuklight.jpg]

[image=http://copperraven.com/images/ffukdark.jpg]

Obviously these are setup for my name, but they could be adjusted. I have the original photoshop files for them around still.

Of course, a tweak to include the FF-UK Wales name would be easy :D

14. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    thats a really good idea jairen..gives others chance to know the members of the boards!!

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I've been thinking about these name badges also. I figured someone would have something up their tunics. Those badges look really cool Jairen.

I really like them. Wish I had one just to walk around every day with to be honest.

Anyone seen Stuey recently? I'd like to know if he's interested?

16. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    i would love to go but becasue of events (i.e losing job i have no money plus i dont have a costume

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm sure that you don't have to have a costume to go. But if you got no money, then thats a real problem. However there are some major savings to be had, thanks to the involvement of the FFUK, so it might not be as expensive as you think.

18. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    i would come if i could afordit i just have to hope it is not to much

19. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    To be honest, even with all the savings, your still looking at at least £200 for the train, hotel, tickets, etc.

But its not for another 2 months, so who knows. Maybe something bigger and better than McDonalds will come up and that kind of money will be nothing!

So do you have anything lined up job wise?

20. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    i dont have any jobs lined up at momnet but i have sign on the dole will i look for a job

21. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Sith master i know the feeling...im signing on myself at the moment after losing a work contract....thats why Ebay is my friend at the moment, more for selling stuff to save money for things like Signatopia!

22. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    i know what u meen only problimes is my mum still wants rent even thougth i dont have a job any more >.<

23. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Ouch....i'll have to remember to hug my dad.

24. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    i rember a time when i did not have to pay rent why cant i go back to that i have no idea how much she wants thought i hope not to much

25. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    fingers crossed for you there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.