main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Signifigance of the Cartoon...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by ScottAlmighty, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottAlmighty

ScottAlmighty Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    In recent years, it has been no secret that many people you would assume would be fans of the new Star Wars films are actually NOT at all, opting instead to go with Lord of the Rings, or Matrix, or what have you. It is also a kown fact that most people who are into the fantasy/sci-fi realm are also into the serious animation world, as well...

As soon as I saw the confirmation for this series on the main page, my first thought was "they're going to hook those kids in." The whole thing is actually brilliant. Follow me:

Most kids today who aren't in to Star Wars, but are into the Star Wars genre watch Cartoon Network on a regular basis. The demographic for Samauri Jack and the demographic for the Matrix are about 80% one in the same..see what I'm saying. If, in the listings for cartoon network, it said "Star Wars: CLone Wars" alot of that audience might change the channel, thinking, "Star Wars sucks," because it is anime-sci-fi subculture trendy nowadays to think that way. However, if they side the Star Wars thing in between say, Samari Jack and, I don't know, Cowboy Bebop, those kids are going to be more likely to sit through it, because, (as it is also widely known) those guys are lazy...not cracking...I'm lazy too. Anyway, then, when they see this Star Wars saga unfold in front of them, and it is done very cool like and everything, they will say "hmm..this clone wars stuff is pretty cool" and then they will be interested, and consequently, give Star Wars back some of it's credibility...all while increasing toy and ticket sales for EP3...

This is really smart...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.