main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Silk Panties Incident (aka Who wants to Laugh at Obi-Wan)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Daphne, May 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Daphne

Jedi_Daphne Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 30, 2000
    Sorry, but I am selfishly bumping my sotry up so that it can get transfered to the new system.

2. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    This is very funny! Also, don't some people understand the word humor?

3. jet-eye-master

jet-eye-master Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2000
    Oh too funny! Too funny for words!!!!

4. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    So Jedi_Daphne I take it you liked the Ewanjack song in my story on page 3. Hillarious story great details.

Mrs. R U Sidious

5. KKCDWheels@home.com

KKCDWheels@home.com Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2000
    I having trouble with coming up with an original Star Wars name for my fan film. If anyone could help me with names I would appreciate it greatly

6. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Best suggestion:

Do what we did with 2S. Simply think of either (a) the themes of your story when naming it, but not necessarily events, and (b) when you are naming characters, draw from bits and pieces of the names of friends who sort of resemble the characters, or other such parallel naming. For instance, two characters from 2S, Jaren Valkan and Kristara Eri'lur, were named by taking my name, the name of my "soulmate" or whatever, and the old SW RPG name that my best friend used to use. The parts just got rearranged and a couple of vowels tweaked for sound and POOF, a SW-sounding name.

I think it helps when you're writing to go for names that parallel real people, since if you put those names to characters they relate to, you end up with a bit more of a sense of who your characters are, even before you write much about them.

7. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Another way to do names is to get a name book or a dictionary, pick a word or a foreign name that describes the character, and rearrange the letters or respell it a bit to give it an alien feel. For example, in a short story I've written, there is a demon who puts God on trial. The demon's name is Ferial. Here's how I got it: feral = something that was once domestic but is now wild, like a feral cat. Add an "i" to it, and you also evoke phonetic images of fire or inferno. A perfect name for a creature who was once an angel and is now a demon.
    Anyway, that's how I do it.
    -Lokmer

8. NejaaHalcyon

NejaaHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2000
    i'd just take a word, (preferably a long one) rearrange it, and then call it that word and have "dispute" or "crisis" or somethin like that

9. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I think one force came down to names like our own:
    Craig-Crain
    Sam-Seth
    Phil-gage (uh...ok, skip that one)well...u get the idea
    *crawls into a corner*

10. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    ...if all else fails, just refer to yourself as 'The Jedi With No Name'