Oceania The Simpsons movie. Trailer/Teaser finally released!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Well it looks like the trailer for the new Simpsons film has finally hit the internet.
    At first we all thought it was an April Fools joke (still not in the clear 100%) but it seams as though this may be the real deal. It has been aired on TV in America as well as being on the Quicktime site.
    Quicktime Link

I'm freakin pumped. Hopefully this means the end of the TV show so it can go out before it sinks any lower.
  2. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_ZEBITMoJuQ&search=simpsons%20trailer

here's a youtube link in case you're at work with no quicktime.

I'm guessing that the writers have been using all the good material for the moofie- hence the kinda sucky and contrived episodes lately
  3. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    It is real... it's attached to certain prints of Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. ;)
  4. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Wow I thought this thread would be bursting.
    I mean...SIMPSONS MOVIE!

We can only hope you're right John about the material. Let's hope there is a good reason for season 17 of Simpsons being CRAP!
  5. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course I'm right. Even if it's by accident. ;)
  6. casual-jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Homer Simpson is just tops.
    I wouldn't want him as a dad,
    but he's so funny, on many levels.
  7. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Having a Simpsons movie is like having an All You Can Eat resturant put in an extra buffet....
  8. casual-jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, but who better than Homer to handle the All You Can Eat thing?:D
  9. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    We all know I'm stupid and slow...but S_M, can you explain what you mean?
    I don't really follow. [face_blush]
  10. casual-jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Something about already having enough, maybe?
  11. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
  12. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm worried that this is going to be just a crappy cash-in that will be of just as poor quality as the recent TV episodes. That would seal the coffin on what was once the best TV show around.

However, if it is good, and I mean really good, then it would be the perfect high to finish the Simpson world on.
  13. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Not getting my hopes particularly high about this, but even if it's the quality of the new episodes it should be worth at least a few laughs.
  14. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I think that this has got more hype than any other film could possibly have going for it.
    Ofcourse this is strictly my opinion.
    I don't think they're gonna give us any old crap like they did for TV. I think this is going to be something special.
  15. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    Aint it cool have a Synopsis up. But its AICN, so take it with a grain of salt. They also list some celeb voice definetes, so if you wanan be major spoiler free or whatnot, proberly not advised to click this link
  16. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not impressed. If the last few seasons had been, well any good at all, I might be interested, but they haven't, and I am not. Thank god Futurama's coming back. The flogging of dead horses makes me sad.
  17. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I still hold high hopes.
    The last few years of Simpsons has been bollocks, I know...we all know.
    I still think they're going to make this film good...they have to. There's a lot of pressure on them.
    Besides, if it's crap at least it means the end of The Simpsons.
    [image=http://foxes.bluespot.org/images/homer.jpg]
    I'm sure gonna miss him though.
  18. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    The release date is Mid 2007 right? Therefore it is not the bookend to the Simpsons as they are going to season 19, which won't end by mid next year.

One of the biggest traps they could fall into is the end result essentially being an extended episode. Which I believe some people considered was the result of that Family Guy Stewie Griffin movie...

They are seriously going to have to come up with something 'outside the box' to not disappoint the large fanbase.
  19. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    God, the only thing that made the family guy movie NOT suck was the fact it wasn't censored.
    Even then...it was still like two episodes slapped together.
  20. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    In the dvd commentary- the Kamp Krusty episode was actually going to be the Simpson's movie.
  21. NeecH Force Ghost

star 4
    I think no matter what they do for the movie, it will always seem like a long episode, much like the X-Files movie.

I'll still see it though - premature death couldn't stop me from seeing this movie! :D
  22. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Exactly.
    I think this film will make an absolute fortune!
  23. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Agreed. I think it'd have to be absolutely, and I mean, absolutely brain-destroyingly bad to not make a fortune.
  24. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    ...but it would only be considered bad AFTER everybody has paid to see it :p
  25. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    True. And even then, I'm sure quite a few people would go to see it just to see the final death of the Simpsons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.