main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Simpsons trashing Star Wars- "Cosmic Wars"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theory55

Theory55 Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 3, 2004
    Um, the PT isn't as good. Acting, plotwise, characters, all better in the OT, not the PT. I'm not saying that the PT is horrible, it's just not as good as the originals.

That is an opinion. Don't present it as fact.

And the Simpsons have sucked since 99.

2. Theory55

Theory55 Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 3, 2004
    i just realized how stupidly ironic i was in that last post. *smacks self*

3. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    Afterall, Ep III isn't out yet and I wouldn't make such a judgement until a few years after the PT is closed.

Even though you just did. :p

4. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    <<<<<<<<<Saying the PT is not timeless shows how ignorant you are as you can't know.

Um, the PT isn't as good. Acting, plotwise, characters, all better in the OT, not the PT. I'm not saying that the PT is horrible, it's just not as good as the originals.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I dont buy any of that, for any numbre of obvious reasons such as the OT was made in a time when our biggest worry was the schjool bus. These days we have ritalin, mortgage, and car payment. WE ARE NOT THE SAME.
    If it comes down to this: Are we taking out our disillusioned adulthood on the prequels? Then the answer is certainly yes.

In 20 years these prequels will be indistinguishable from the OT.

5. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    ?

I just re-read all of my post (and some others) noticing that a. I sounded like someone without any sense of humor and b. people don't know what the term "opinion" means.

6. Embargo

Embargo Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2004
    Oh no!!!! Someone....somewhere does not have the same opinion as me.....WHAT WILL I DO???????

[face_plain]

7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I'm not buying the "disillusioned adulthood" thing one bit. Primarily because a tremendous segment of SW fans aren't even old enough to have seen the original releases in theaters.

Although I suppose children would feel disillusioned if they were experiencing adulthood while still in their teens. . .8-}

8. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Primarily because a tremendous segment of SW fans aren't even old enough to have seen the original releases in theaters.

Actually I think you'll find us older Star Wars fans outnumber the younger ones. We're the ones who kept it alive from 1983 through 1999.

9. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    Last night they showed the Simpsons where Homer goes into the video store and asks to rent "Chocolate Star Wars" and is told that such a movie doesn't exist. He insists that it does and tells the clerk that HE doesn't exist. :D

10. Nic-Kan2344

Nic-Kan2344 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2003
    DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY LAST NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(:(:(:(

11. Nostril_of_Palpatine

Nostril_of_Palpatine Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2004
    6) Overall bashing of the PT. Also, this is FOX?? Why does Fox bash one of their most successful movies?

The Simpsons is always poking fun at FOX. It's not necessarilly FOX's opinion. They just put up with it.

12. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    In the latest Simpsons Comic bart says 'I sense a disturbance in the force' and comic book guy imagines himself as Jabba the hutt.

13. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    The Cosmic Wars episode is on right now on Fox... [face_laugh]

14. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    That could have been funnier if all the slams werent so one dimensional. Looks like the writer of the ep jsut took a ten minute surf of the TPM basher forum, found the 5 dumbest posts, and cut and paste them. Who nominated these guys to tell the rest of us (the rest of us who more than likely know better) what Lucas's vision is?

Disappointing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.