main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO The Sims! (all versions)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Jan 15, 2011.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Now that I've had a chance to play on the PC version some, I'm undecided as to which I prefer. Consoles have young animals (kittens and puppies) and pet taxis and stuff, but PC/Mac has the store and all the content from that as well having the continuous world with no loading between areas, also unicorns.

If you're going to get the PC version then get the Limited Edition with bonus content. You get a pet shop ready made, and you can also turn lots into 'pet shop' lots so you can build your own shops. All you need is the pet shop register. The premade one is pretty nifty, so I stuck with that.

If you're getting the console version then it's up to you if you want the Limited Edition or not. The extra breeds are nice and all but if you're not going to use them then there's not much point. Fans of Dead Space will love one of the Ishimura Bobtail which was inspired by Dead Space. I think it was worth getting, but others might not agree.

I am having a lot of fun with it, though I'm having to make my human Sims get jobs as they're all broke. [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I'll always prefer the PC version of any Sims game, but I don't own a computer that can play 3 so consoles will do. It's still a blast on the 360.

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I really like both versions, but I think I'd always go with the PC version too. Although, I must admit that the camera controls on the 360 are easier to use.

Anyways, I saw something that made me a little happy. I was playing the PC version and I had my cat Fishcake at the cat jungle, which is great fun. What made me happy was that there was a lesbian couple cuddling on a bench there. I was all like 'awww, yay!' and stuff. It made me happy because I've not seen same sex couples in Sims 3 before, other than in my own household.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    They're remarkably lifelike, sometimes...

5. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Upping this thread. :)

I'm really stoked for Sims 3 Seasons coming out! Finally! After taking awhile to get into Sims 3 (graphics were terrible on my laptop), I thought it was bare at first without Pets and Seasons so I'm glad it's all coming full circle.

So far, I have also been enjoying Generations a lot. I thought that toddlers, kids, and teens definitely needed to be expanded and now they feel more like full-fledged stages instead of just being stages you pass through.

6. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I wish they'd put the new expansion on Steam, already. Looking forward to the next sale.

7. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm assuming you're referring to Supernatural?

I'm on the fence if I want to get that one yet, tbh. I haven't even turned any of my current Sims into vampires.

8. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Well, I'm more interested in the new content than the features for that one (though I do like the look of the new life state panel).

9. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Huh. I guess I haven't looked into it as much as I'd thought. All I know is werewolves and fairies. What's the new life state panel?

10. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    You can make someone a Werewolf, Vampire, Fairy, Ghost (cause of death also adjustable), Witch, or Genie through Create-a-Sim itself now, and design them accordingly.

11. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Ahh, that's kind of cool.

Haha, remember the plant Sims?

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Making friends with ghosts is pretty awesome. I like that you can make vampires now instead of having to go out and meet one, which I couldn't do as I don't have Late Nights.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Anyone picked up University Life? I've not installed it yet but I'm looking forward to sending my Vampire to Uni! :cool:

14. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Did anyone of you play SimCity4? I played it a lot.
    I really liked it. At first, it was pretty hard, but when you got into it, it became more and more fun.
    A friend of mine built a city consisting of 2000000 inhabitants.
    The largest city I built only consisted of 500000 inhabitants. It was called 'New San Bert'. Actually, its name was a pun on the name of a friend of mine.
    At the end, my city could not grow since my map was not that big.
    I liked it how people from one city/town went to an adjacent town to work.

So, do you have nice memories of SimCity4?

15. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I'm still waiting on some of the earlier expansions to go on sale (for more, that is). I wish they'd merge a few, or have delayed the original to add more features. Each new pack being the price of a full game is slightly ridiculous, especially when you're looking at eleven of them.

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    General Immodet: wrong thread. :)

The Loyal Imperial: I guess they could have done, but the expansion packs are optional and add a huge amount of stuff with each one. I dread to think how much it'd cost if they'd added everything to the base game and how much space it'd take up. It does add up but at least there's a few months between each one to save up. Plus, if you don't want one you don't have to get it.

General Immodet likes this.
  17. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    That's the problem - I'm a completionist, so I can't stand playing without all of them. :p

18. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    I remmember playing the first Sims on PC, so much fun! Even better when i got the PS2 Sims games, playing with friends :D
    I recently got Sims 3, i like it. However there is some bad and good stuff about it.

I don't like how it seems that they have taken alot of stuff out of the game, only to sell it as DLC. Also i have a problem, where my game stutters. It happens if i start a new game, and some npc is stuck or something :(
    I love how many features there are though, and no loading screen in the town. Also like that you can design your own stuff, never tried it though :/

Atm, i live in a small house. Made myself ingame lol... Hes growing old though, so i made him bald :)
    I need to secure an heir for my house.. i mean Kingdom :D

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yeah, I don't have World Adventures and Late Night, but Late Night was only special because it had vampires and I can make vampires from the start with Supernaturals. My Sims do fine without holidays but the rest have been definite mast haves for me. My vampire Sim went to the summer fare. It was raining so she was fine but no one else went.

hunter77: you should try one of the Legacy challenges, there are lots on the official Sims 3 site. :)

20. hunter77

hunter77 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Thanks, i'll look into it :)

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    There's a Sims 3 sale on the Origin store at the moment. I thought I'd mention it as The Loyal Imperial was wanting the expansions to go on sale.

22. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Appreciated, though I prefer to use Steam for mine.

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    The Sims 4 has been announced with a release date of next year! There are still two more expansion packs coming for Sims 3 and they'll keep doing store items for it, so it'll keep going for a long time yet. There is a webpage to sign up for email news, which is here:

http://thesims.com/en_US/thesims4

I can't read Simlish so I don't know what it says, but I'll update as soon as I find a translation.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm really liking what they're doing with The Sims for Sims 4. Lots of new customisation options for Sims so every Sim can be unique. I'm not sure whether to get the Collector's Edition which will have a plumbob statue that changes colour to match the Sim's mood or just the Digital Deluxe Edition which has all the same content but no physical stuff. [face_thinking]

I have a Sims 3 question though. Sims 3 has been getting slower and slower on my computer and I don't know why. I thought it was the graphics card as I had a GeForce 9800 GT, but with my new GeForce GTX 650 with 2GB RAM it's still slow. I have a 3GHz Intel Core i5 and 8GB RAM. The Windows Experience Ratings are 7.4 and 7.3 for those, with 7.9 being the best possible score. I'm just at a loss.

25. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Could be a patch problem. Some of them have been known to cause more issues than they solve.