1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Thriller The Sins of the Fathers

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. spycoder9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Jack Bassett
    Milton's Suite

Jack watched Milton nod as he spoke. He found that out of everyone he had known in his entire life, he respected Milton Prest the most. Charming, successful, and not a whiff of something off in his past. He would?ve made the perfect politician. . .had the world allowed for it to happen.

Instead, the Change rumbled in. Targeting any and everyone.

"Yes, you could say it has to do with the riots. In a way. I need you to talk to someone. A Colonel with a problem with the recent hcain of authority. You know the President is not in the shape to talk, but he was clear that he needs certain things to be done and now I am a little desperate about the lack of cooperation the army gives me. But that Colonel? He might think otherwise. You know a friend from the CIA gave me those. Covered up and locked away. But I think those pictures could end the man´s career rather quickly."

He watched as Milton took an envelope out. Inside held some of the incriminating pictures, that Jack knew for sure.

A sneaky grin danced on his lips. Blackmail had always been something of a. . .hobby of Jack?s.

"I need to know if any of his men have found Object Alpha. That is all I need to know. If they have, call me immediately. Can you help me? Your natural authority might just be enough to give those pictures the right urgency and make things . . . run smoothly. My driver brings you the HQ of this Colonel, of course."

Jack reached over and picked up the envelope. He looked down it, turning it over in his hands. Then he looked up and met Milton?s eyes.

?Of course.? He allowed for that same grin to touch his lips again.

?Especially this. It sounds. . .fun.?

TAG: Fin
  2. Sir_Draco Force Ghost

star 4
    Rufus Jameson
    Motel

He could not help but laugh. Well, with James Bond at his side what could go wrong?

?Well, you look certainly more Brosnan than Connery.? Those were the only Bonds he knew, but it was certainly true. ?I had a near-death experience for breakfast, killed the love of my life for lunch and had a run through Tokyo to a run-down airport-motel for the afternoon. What does that make me? Probably a guy who needs a better job.?
    He raised his glass. ?To times unchanged.?

He had half of his glass down when the door knocked. The gun was too fast in his hand. It had become too much of a reflex.
    ?So, your beautiful girl or your computer expert. Or the next firefight, which would certainly make us more Bourne than Bond. Cover me, I have a look!?
    He turned and pressed the gun against the door where he expected the knocking person to be. He immediately lowered it. A young woman was outside and she looked very anxious. ?Guess that is the computer expert.? He nodded to Tempest and opened the door.

?Hey.? He smiled at her and stepped aside to give her a view of the British secret agent. Had they actually met? He did not know. But she had a gun under her coat, that much was obvious. So his stayed in his hand.

Tag: LordT, Winged, Fin

ooc: Asked by LordT to include the last bit about Ghost showing up.
  3. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    Chapter 1 ? An American Nightmare

IC: Joel David Shepherd
    The House, East End, DC
    Before she even looked at him he knew that she was missing her mouth, as if he knew what they were looking for all along. The girl without a mouth was a complete stranger to him, but yet he somehow knew who she was. He had seen her before, but he still could not place his finger on where.

?Dammit, what did they do to her! I?ll report we got her and she needs and ambulance.?

Jenkins had moved out of the room shrinking away from her the instant he saw her. But Joel did not. Instead he holstered his sidearm and moved closer. Her eyes pierced him right to his soul and they were pleading him for help. But how he was supposed to help her he did not know. He pulled his standard issued poncho from his butt pack and wrapped it around the young woman.

?Don?t worry miss, I?m here to protect you. What can I to help you??
    TAG: Fins
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    IC: Jonathan Garret
    The other house, Washington D.C., Evening

?You are cops, right? You work for the President!" she shouted accusingly, that old revolver still in her hand.

Jon couldn't help but smile and chuckle a bit at her comment. It sounded crazy to think that the President possessed that kind of power over the little men and yet, with the way things were spiraling out of control, it wasn't completely out of the question. Still, he decided to keep his tone lighthearted. "That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think...?"

"The soldiers took her. And the man in the suit who killed everybody! They worked for the President, too!?

The man in the suit? Was she talking about the lawyer? Now things were getting serious and the smile instantly washed away from Jon's face as he turned to face Malone. "Prest," he mouthed to his partner. They had the man under their sights all along and instead of going to him first, Jon had decided to go on this crazy raid. He couldn't help but think that this was somehow all his fault. This was now personal and he owed it to this woman to get the girl back.

Sighing in defeat, he placed his gun back within the holster on his belt. "Listen, I'm sorry about what happened here," he explained to the young woman, his voice gentle and calm. "But I don't work for the President...not directly. I'm going to try my best to get the girl back. You have my word."

It was a bold statement, but what was done was done. No turning back now.

He started to turn, but stopped and gestured to Malone. He spoke in whispers so that the young woman couldn't hear. "I think it's time we pay Prest a little visit..."

5. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4

Rudyard Vane-Tempest
    Private Room, New Rose Hotel, Tokyo

She was young. Younger than Rudyard had been expecting. Too young to be playing cyber-God.

He considered how strange the scene would look to her. Two men in a hotel room, smoking cigarettes and drinking whisky like old friends on a golf trip. It certainly didn't seem as if they were in any immediate danger.

And yet he suddenly felt horribly vulnerable. What was it they had said about that creature from the embassy? The thing had been a shapeshifter...

He gestured for the woman to come through the door.

"A ghost becomes flesh," he said. "Come inside. No sudden movements please."

Tag: Draco, LordT
  6. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    Ghost
    Motel, Tokyo

"If I was him you would be dead anyway. Seen him go through storms of bullets." Ghost went in and tried to avoid eye contact. People. People were not her strong point. "Hello you two." She just said and threw her shotgun on the bed. Then she took out the computer and opened it. "Need to update, had no data for 35 minutes." she said as if this was obvious. But she did not talk to them, she talked to herself. She needed to update and get data. She needed some sort of control.

Damned, you aren´t exactly a people person, right?

Tag: Winged, Draco

Adam/Cain
    Jabe-Hospital, Tokyo

For a moment he watched her sit there and cry. A long hunt had come to it´s end. Karl. Or Carl. Or whatever he choose to call himself today. German or American. Multinational. Scientist, CEO or father. Adam had crossed his path from time to time and always avoided his company. Today it would be them avoiding his, probably. The good sport was over, now the serious hunting would begin.

Grinning boradly to the nurse he nodded. And without actually listening to what she said he broke her neck and allowed her to collapse on the floor.

Slowly, with as little noise as possible he opened the door.

Carl sighed and leaned forward a last time. "I did not know how else to get into contact with him. Different from you he is impossible to track. Please forgive me. But I gave you a lot more time than anybody else. Maybe too much. At some point you had to repay me."

Then his look went up to the Japanese who had entered behind Lilith.

"What a nice little family reunion. Is it?" The man closed the door as from outside there were screams. He did not wantzed them to disturb him. They would soon enough.

[image=http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/6112/25673038_.jpg]

"Í actually did not remember what you looked like, mother. But you clearly wear this smell of deception all over you."

Tag: Sinre, Fin

for more on Carl see Fin´s update, Mitth!/>/>
  7. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter Five: Sinners

The Streets

(combined with LordT)

The voice was Carl´s. And it was calm and concentrated as always. Yet something was in it. A disturbing quality, that was hard to read over the phone from this hard to read man. If one wanted to call him man, after all.

"Actually not. But I am certain it isn´t the most comfortable experience. Yet, enlightening, is it? I think you are a lot better informed than you were beofre, are you? No need to thank me. I had my share of information from you two, too." Carl paused for a few seconds. "You are about 5 kilometers, that´s about 3.5 miles away from Tarpenbekstreet. From there Thomas got a call of a silent caller who he will without a doubt by now have figured out to be none other than Laura Blohm herself. He had to avoid the fins though, so I assume he too a detour over the market. Maybe the Eppendorfer park. He has a thirty minute headstart anyway, of course. Are you good at running, Markus? If so I suggest you run or Thomas will kill Laura Blohm and that would be unfortunate, would it? I have to make a call and hten I will join you three. Or who is alive of you by then. We two will see us anyway, later." The line was killed without Carl ever giving him a chance to talk. The network was down immediately again.

And far away Hamburg downtwon had obviously cuaght fire. Thick black smoke began to cover the sky. The river was between them, so for now they were save from it spreading.

Tag: Mitth

8. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    IC: Markus J. F. Christianson
    Hamburg, Streets

To say this was like being on the phone with a chatty Cathy was an understatement of idiom proportions. Which was sort of ironic, but the bottom line as it always comes down to was that he did not get the chance to get a word in edge-wise. He had several starts, but beyond a general sense of a consonant getting out he was cut off at the pass again until the network was dead.

He nearly threw the phone away, but stopped right before the pitch. Tucking it into a pocket he began to run, there was little to do but run at this moment. He wasn?t much of a runner, he had missed out too much on his own daughters childhood to have had to develop those particular parent abilities needed to keep up. The benefit was though he was able to treat this like a sprint, running full tilt. . .alright more like half tilt, without having to worry about getting winded and exhausted. Which was a point for him, unlike Thomas he would not get tired, need to slow down to catch his breath, and he wouldn?t even stop because of the chill of the air upon his exposed chest. Although incidentally he did seem to be bothered like a mental itch at the caked blood covering his body.

9. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    Thomas Schröder
    Tarpenbekstraße

Oh, he had made it. He had indeed made it. the fins were out there looking for any sign of life. But they would not find any. Maybe poor mad Markus. But that was it.

Thomas leaned against the wall next to the door. It was open. to be more precise, it was simply gone. smashed in by violent intruders Thomas had killed. It was when numbers began to become blurry. Had he killed them before Hoshi? Oh the little guy and his sword of wood. Really not that effective against a gun. Robert and his bleeding opening skin. He had actually done him a favour. And all their remains mixed together and had begun to rot, giving the whole building an unmistable smell. A graveyard. A place where death waited behind every door.

"I know you are in there." Thomas saidn sighed. "And I guess you did not know before you called me, did you? Foolish me. Really. I do not get the whole thing with that second you I killed. I don´t get any of it anymore. It is all so very confusing. But my desires give me clearity, you see Laura? They are all I have. Like yours where all you had, when the dreams returned. Of you and your father." He allowed it to sink in for a moment. slowly he took his gun out of his belt. Five or six shots and then two more in the backpack.

"Laura, I won´t do anything to you. I come in now." He slipped through the door and in the darkening flat he looked around for her. "Laura?"

Tag: Sirak
  10. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Laura Blohm
    Flat, Tarpenbekstraße

Her breathing became flat as she heard his voice. How? Had she not just . . .

Did it matter? Did any of this obey the laws of logic and physics anymore that were available to her? Not that she ever had a good grip on physics.

He hands touched down in the pool of blood, her body tensed. and silently, very silently she forced her body up. Looking around, she realized there were probably a lot of escape routes. And she had to escape. Thomas was dangeorus. Thomas had become a monster. She felt the need to avenge all she had loved to have revenge for them. But without a weapon, without a plan and without a firm grip on reality . . . had this other her even been there? Without any of those things every advantage was on Thomas side. He would kill her. He would do terrible things to her, she knew. She just knew.

The window in the kitchen was probably her best bet. She was only in the second floor and below them was the trash containers, so she could climb out or jump without getting hurt. It was just so far away. Three meters to the kitchen, another two to the window, open it up and jump. How far was thomas away? Two meters but divided by a wall. Four all in all. Her feet began to move, her breath was kept in her lungs, her body forced into slow motions.

Don´t answer or he will know where you are. Then there was movment and all she could do was leap into the kitchen. Steps. There were steps.

"Laura?"

He was so close now. Only one door between them. The window suddenly seemed unreachable far away. Then there is a click. What is it? A gun. She knew she could not outrun a gun. Laura had never had any experience with weapons, but her brain was racing through possibilities now and even her untrained eye understood there was no cover once she was out of that window. Nothing she could reach fast enough to save her life. No the window was no longer an option. doing nothing was no longer an option. They both knew the flat inside out. Listen. Listen.

The steps went to the left. Her room, obviously. Seconds. It gave her a few seconds.

Laura looked around in the old kitchen. Thomas and her had once phantasized about getting rid of all this stuff and get a new one. A nice, modern kitchen. But . . . the oven. first they wanted to get a new oven. One not based on gas, because Laura always feared . . .

Her hands touched all five levers in short succession and opened all five gas-vents. They locked in, as she violently pushed them into the locking mechanism. Ancient ovens. Gas. She looked up. Everything was covered in blood. But the Marloboro lights she had forgot in the morning were still there and in them . . . she grabbed them and ripped out the lighter.

"Hey there." Came from behind and she hruled around. Thomas looked bad. Pale and sweaty, but with a feverish look in his eyes. Laura forced herself to smile at him. Maybe win a few seconds, allow the gas to spread a bit more. Maybe he shot her and they exploded both. She hoped he would, as she doubted she had the strength to act quick enough to kill them both. Suicide. Not my first attempt.

True.

"Hey Thomas." That was all she answered. Only: Hey Thomas. And it began to smell. It began to make breathing hard. "Wanna have a cigarette?" She asked and took one from the box. It flipped into her mouth. the hand remained nearby and the light in it. her thumb lay down on the wheel that would turn the cinder-stone. A spark. It was probably all it needed. A spark.

Tag: LordT, Fin, Markus
  11. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    Thomas Schröder
    Flat, Tarpenbekstraße

"You won´t." Thomas smiled and then sighed, slowly lowering his gun. "You will shut down the gas now, before anything happens that is irreversible. You really don´t wanna risk messing up everything by killing me accidentially, do you?" Laying his head aside he smiled at her. "Good to see you, Laura. Good to see you wthout pointing a gun at me at least."

Down there were noises. People. He could easily guessed what kinda people.

"Really, Laura. If you want to have Alicia back, shut down the gas."

12. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Laura Blohm
    Kitchen, Tarp

"You killed them, Thomas. Nice try, but I know you killed them." Any second she had him talking, she also had gas fill the flat and her trap became less easy to escape. He lowered his gun, how funny. Obviously he couldn´t shoot anymore. The question was how did she get out? That little, tiny part of her plan had yet to be come up with. Dammit. She would survive, she realized. If everything Thomas said was true she would survive.

"Actually, haven´t you killed me, too? Didn´t you say so? Future-me, as I call her probably was your first, right? So what? If I am your appetizer, I guess I´ll gonna make it out of here alive, after all! Do I?" Laura laughed. "That is it, is it? You did not think this through. How do you wanna kill me? When you know you killed my future version, obviously I am alive! So why not push this lighter and see what happens?"

Tag: LordT
  13. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4

Markus arrived at the street and had to realize exhaustion was actually kicking in. His lungs still needed air and that meant he had to breath, which became more and more heavy, even though his muscles did not feel weak. So he arrived heavy breathing at the street and that could be a problem. Because no matter if thomas was here or not, someone had beaten him in this race.

Between houses, on the street, on roofs, were the silhouettes of soldiers. The same black overall soldiers that had already executed him once. So far they seemed not to have identified or located the number 55, where Laura was probably right now, maybe with Thomas. but they had come to the right district, maybe in pursuit of Thomas.

Chapter One: An American Nightmare

The House, East End, DC, Afternoon

The girl just stared back. Her eyes did show fear, but not a bit of trust. And obviosuly she did not talk. How could she? She simply stared at Shep and then at Jenkins as he returned. "Understood, Sir. We secure our position and wait for the pick-up." He ended his communication. Obviously he had gotten new orders. "They send someone from intelligence to do the pick up. She seems to be important." He only said and then smiled at her. "Well, at least she won´t bore us to death with her biography. I´ll go down and check the others. I think only us made it, but you never know, do you?"

Tag: CPL

The House on the other side of the street, evening

Malone nodded. And smirked at her comment. "Man, I have never been mistaken for a secret Service agent before. Ma´am, I do not work for the president. I am voting for the other guys, actually." He joked at her and then turned to Garret. "Oh yeah, I´d say we got a lead suspect. He might have killed Weber to get the girl from the start. The question is . . . how did he get his hands on soldiers? I mean, if we try to take out the US Army we probably need some reinforcments, you know?"

Prest was a lawyer. the army was protecting the Government right now and fighting a historic riot in downtown. how had those two things come together? For Malone the fastest way to connect two points had always been a line and there was no visible line between those two points. "Maybe we should at least ask Bright and Schuler for a little more company."

They did and the two friends agreed. when they told them what their little trip was all about they got nervous though. "I heard about Prest. Read about him in the Times." Bright said from the backseat with an uneasy face. Malone, driving, checked her in the read-view mirror. "What did they say?" Malone asked.

"He advises the President." Bright said and earned looks from Schzuler and Malone immediately. "You treat carefully aroudn him, Garret. He is a major player."

Tag: HS29 (you an eloborate on the scene or arrive at the fancy apparmtment building in which Penthouse Prest lives in)/>/>/>
  14. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    IC: Lilith
    Jabe-Hospital, Tokyo

Lilith stood, slowly, as the door opened behind her, as Carl enunciated, with sad tones, her fate. As Cain wandered in. She turned, looking at her son, as Carl, with terrible weight to his words, revealed that he had, for all intents and purposes, used her as bait.

As she turned, her world seemed to slow.

She felt the smoothness of her turn, the flow of air, blown in by a ventilator - stale oxygen, recycled so as to protect infections from spreading, utterly tasteless as she breathed it in yet incredibly used in the sensation it gave; The trickle of sweat down her brow, trailing a path down her long neck, onto the collar of her top, welling and then passing through to pass her breast and then puddle upon her familiar's hide; The flow of her hair, as it pasted itself to her body, the rivulets of sweat attaching what was once a throng of hair to her body, as trepidation gave way to fear; the turn of her stomach, as it alternated between the ice of certainty and the burning writhing wave of complete and utter paralysing nausea; the sway of the room as her heart-beat echoed in her head, to the point that its crescendo caused her eyes to flutter, and her blood to flow so quickly that it threatened to clot, locking down her throat and jaw as she ground her teeth together, holding her breath and causing her eyes to bug -

- Lilith took all of that into her, taking one long, eternal breath.

And smiled.

"Hello Cain. Or whatever you call yourself nowadays. I understand names are a fad that shall shortly cease to exist." Lilith's smile expanded. "And of course everything else." She side-stepped, away from the television, away from the form of Carl on the bed, towards the door, but only by an incredible stretch of the word 'towards', and gestured. "I believe that your father wanted to say something to you. It seems he has gone to some effort to reveal my presence to you." She indicated with her chin, keeping her arms clear of her body, keeping her body positioned to order her familiar to stay calm, to stay still, while using calming body language and a light tone. Her chin indicated the body on the hospital bed.

"I came to kill your father, actually. I understand that is going to be somewhat harder than I had envisaged."

Calm.

Smile.

Calm.

Smile.

Lilith swallowed, allowing her nervousness to seep into her face.

That wasn't the hard part of the facade.

Keeping the fear under any kind of control, in this slow, slow, terrible world, was.

TAG: Lord, Fin, Panic Attack Victims Everywhere
  15. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    Thomas Schröder
    Flat

"You are the one who did not think it through, my dear. But no offense, I had probably so much more time to think about it." thomas stepped one step closer. "Yes," He looked at the door down hte long corridor and then back at Laura. "Yes, I killed Ali. Oh man. I didn´t. I butchered her, you know? It isn´t as if I was in a hurry. I really . . . anyway. Don´t forget Hoshi. Poor Hoshi. He was so sweet when trying to be the hero. That spex journalist we two liked so much? Oh, she interviewed me, she slept with me and then she died painfully. Still my training stage, really. ESTI agents, here and there. Random people. Markus. A few times, actually. Long story. And I will kill you. But you can undo all this. If you think through this, you can heal me. You can revive all these people and eradicate all those terrible things. Isn´t it why you are here?

Thomas lowered his gun completely now. "Too make things right again for all of us?"

16. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    Hamburg, Streets

When he finally arrived he found the hidden lie in Karl?s words. No, the truth was his muscles were not weary, but the man had failed to include that he was still bound by some basic human needs. Such as the need for air, and apparently by his current deep breathing as he leaned against the side of a building, plenty of it.

The problem though came from something else, soldiers were everywhere, and these looked like those that had killed him before. Which was a problem. Or was it? Gulping one more desperate breath of air he decided on a course of action, step one he needed to get inside of one of these places. Step two, well he needed to clean up at least somewhat. Step three, walk outside and calmly down the street as if oblivious toward the correct building after the hurried and rushed motions of steps one and two. Maybe even utter ?Cheerio.? And wave if one of the soldiers took a none-bullet enabled interest in him.

Well that was the plan anyway. Break-in, make a mess in cleaning self rapidly, and then stroll to where you have to go with a quick step. Yup, he was so going to be dead. . .again. Hopefully their presence at least meant that Thomas hadn't been able to get into 55 yet either, one could merely hope.

17. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Laura Blohm
    Flat

"And you of all creatures on earth know the secret, hm? How to make things right again?" Could it be? she felt her blood run ut of her thumbs. It fell asleep, as the Germans said. The thousands needles that seemed to pinch into it served only as a second of distraction. "Because I know how to keep you from killing anymore people."

Think it through? Think it through?

The monster played games, did it?

18. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    Thomas Schröder
    Flat

"What? do you think I wanted to be like this? Or I killed all these people for fun? Laura, I tried to get to you, because you . . . can make it right again. I could kill anybody. It did not matter. Nothing I did ever did since I met that other version of you. Because we could void all this, don´t you see? We can save Alicia and Hoshi and all those ESTI agents." He put his gun away and allowed it to lie next to him on the sink. "Laura. You know me. But you did not know my heart. Not even I did. But do you think I would kill children, if I thought I´d have to live with it?"

Thomas shook his head. "We can make this right. I can make this right. But obviously it will have a price, right?"

Tag: SirakRomar
  19. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter One: An American Nightmare

Military Outpost 41

It was called an outpost, but it really was an improvised HQ for an ongoing operation in a war. A war against it´s own citizens, in which the US just had shot first. Boston had not gone away. The screens of dozens of communications officers showed spreading violence in D.C., Atlanta, Philadelphia, Chicago and Houston. More disturbing was, that there was seemingly no report of any kind about violence in Detroit. It seemed perfectly peaceful there, as satelite images implied.

Colonel Strandhurst waved around and yelled at his officers. "What do you mean, no contact? Get me that airport or I´ll make you drive there!" He turned and nodded to Basset. "Object Alpha? Come to my office." He sighed and nodded to two MPs to guard the door. His office, the former sport teachers office next to the training hall they now used as a command center, was small and badly lit. A desk had been forced in here and three laptops showed documents of various degrees of decoding. "So the staff sends you? The firm? NSA? FBI? Mr. Basset. Alpha is a bit above your paygrade and yes I am aware how high your paygrade is. It is top-secret. Top top secret. So I am sorry, but I think you will have to call Langley or wherever your Boss sits and . . . tell them to get there heads out of wherever the sun isn´t shining anymore. And tell them to leave the military business to the military.

Tag: Spy

The plan worked fine until he stepped out of that building. Three or four red points were wandering over his torso, as if waiting to penetrate it and the three soldiers they belongs to had waited right at the stairs. A young blonde woman, the only one not wearing for mask, looked at him. "Markus Christianson! We have orders to extract you!"

The precious, important seconds ticked away. But from behind he could see two soldiers now entered the 55 forcefully. If they began with the ground floor it was two to five minutes max until they reached Laura´s and Thomas appartment.

Tag: Mitth/>
  20. SirakRomar Force Ghost

star 4
    Laura Blohm
    Flat, Hamburg

"What the hell are you talking about? You´re telling me you can raise the dead? Good for you, because I think you´ll belong to those, soon.

Laura hissed and stepped back from him. "Stay where you are! Stay there!" Still holding her lighter and pointing it at Thomas to keep him at a distance, she stumbled back. The window. Could she jump through it like they did in movies? She doubted that worked in real life. She really doubted that.

"You are crazy Thomas. You are a murderer. A mass murderer. A serial killer!"

Her father suddenly seemed so far away. What did he matter. She had loved them all. Those had been her family. And Thomas? Maybe she had loved him most of them all. She had desired him. She wanted him. Her darkest, dirtiest secrets seemed so accepted with him. And now? Now she wanted him to be dead, to have never existed . . .

Then there was an idea. That was crazy, was it?

"Who did you murder first?" She almost did not dare to ask. Had it been her? Had it all been her all along? A nightmare of her own creation? A self-created hell?

21. LordTroepfchen Force Ghost

star 4
    Thomas Schröder
    Flat

"You." He said and closed his eyes. A sad smile appeared on his face. "I couldn´t do anything about it, you know? After you preferred Robert? I had those . . . fantasies. Of hurting you. Of doing all those incredible painful things to you. And then I realized, I would do it. If you did not keep away from me, I would. I began planning it. I began laying out the ideas in my head, like a puzzle. But I love you, Laura. I do." He did not come after her. Instead he picked up the gun again and checked it, making it ready and handing it over to her. He extended his arms, the gun ready for her to take.

"The day you came to kill me, that was the day when I decided to end it for good. To safe you. You were all gone for several hours, I had the pills, the razor blades. All was prepared and then YOU showed up and what defenses I had build died when you pointed that gun at me. I had to kill you. I had to."

He stepped back and coughed. The gas was bad by now. But Laura had stepped away and he gave the mechanism a short hit and the hissing sound died down. The room was still full of gas, he knew.

"They say you cannot take back what you did. But I can, Laura. We can. You and I we can save all those people from us. From me."

"If I kill you now, you cannot have visited me three days ago and I haven´t broken down and probably have died in that bathtub. And you are still alive and well. Sure, the Change will come, but I cannot do anything about that. Alicia will be alive. Hoshi." He smiled a sad smile. "If you die now, even you will be save. Killing you only means I have to die. Everything else will be . . . fine."

Adam/Caine & Carl Weber
    Jabe-hospital

Carl smiled and looked at the Creature with the young japanese face. He said nothing, just looked at him for a moment.

Adam looked back at the face in the computer and then at the coma patient. Finally he looked at Lilith.

"I have no need for names." He said and looked to the door. he stepped over and locked it, closing the curtains. "But that silly story you spread was indeed pathetic. I read it once. A long time ago." He added these last words and showed that grin again. Then he stepped closer to the screen. He and Carl stared at each other. Even the screen did not make it less of a strange moment, as these three creatures, 20.000 years after they had come into existence in one way or another, shared this hospital room for the first time. Shared any room for the first time.

"I know what you are after." Carl simply said and leaned back, moving away from the screen. The Son smiled and looked first to Lilith then back to the screen. "Of course you do. It is pretty obvious for one of us, is it? I am surprised she doesn´t know. And of course I know what you are after, Carl. Dad! But only one of us can have his way, right? That is why I am here." Carl nodded. Then he smiled and leaned forward. "I could give it to you, you know?" He said. The Son laughed. "If you could do it, you would have done it a long time ago. Neither me nor you nor her can undo your crime, father. Only God can do that. And he never did."

With a simple wave of his hand, that was nevertheless to fast to perceive it with human eyes he waved the laptop away and it shattered against the nearby wall.

"Fear." The Son was so suddenly in front of his mother, it was as if he had always been there. Gently pushing her against the wall like a lover would do he looked at her and took in her scent. "I smell, I sense your fear. Mother." He licked his lips with his tongue. The face vanished behind the dominant aura of a predator, hiding behind this human form. "To me you do not look that beautiful, you know? To me you look old, fragile, burned-out and afraid. You look like bait for a trap for me. An ineffective, desperate trap."

He leaned forward, so close his foul breath was warm on her neck. "Do you want to know a secret, Lilith?" His voice was whisper now. A cold and deadly whisper.

Tag: Sinre, Fin/>
  22. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    Hamburg, Streets

Stepping outside as if a normal day, well that fell apart faster then a hand basket in the center of Hamburg at the moment. Well, that is the nature of plans after all, man plans and God laughs as the saying went. Despite the red dots he smiled, at least no one seemed to be aiming at his head this time and they recognized him, must have been the watered towel scrub. Small blessings.

?Cheerio!? he said with a wave made mostly of wiggling his fingers at them. Death had lost it?s touch after Thomas, perhaps that was the blessing in meeting the man. ?I have a message for Karl Weber, and an appointment. First I would like to meet with Laura right over there.? He said whilst pointing to where the two men had forcibly entered the building. ?So if you could not shoot either of us for a few minutes. . .that would be smashingly descent of you.? Staying where he was for the moment he waited to see what the woman?s response would be since she was taking point.

23. DarkLordoftheFins Force Ghost

star 4
    ooc: Last update for today. It´s terrible late here.

Tarpenbekstraße

The young blonde woman blinked. Then she looked at her aprtners, who kept their eyes and gunsfixed on Markus.

"I have no orders regarding any Weber or Laura, Sir. My mission is to retrieve any surviving members of ESTI. We found Stürmer, dead. Which means you are top of our list, Sir." She explained and lowered her gun. The others did the same, but stayed prepared obviously.

Looking at the two members of the team who entered the house she nodded to their collegaues. "All other will be evacuated and quarantined, of course.So please follow us and you wil have a chance to talk to them at the base-camp." Of course they did not executre citizens. They officially never did. But these men who entered the house where Laura was, would probably do exactly the same to her they had done to the couple and old man who Markus had seen thrit minutes ago. The did a clean sweep on the few survivors of The Change in the city.

24. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    Hamburg, Streets

He fought the urge to rub his forehead as she spoke, well he lost that one at the blatant lies. Considering one of their teams had killed him. Time for a different approach, ?ESTI had apprehended Laura Blohm, daughter of Sebastian Falk, in connection to the Change. When the riots happened she. . .escaped from the police station. Feel free to kill Thomas with no delay, but she is. . .well she is critical not to harm with the intelligence she possess? makes her more valuable than me and your team put together.?

Okay, he had officially lied. Well, considering how many times he had died for his sins lately, what was one more on top of the pile. ?So, what will it be? This time, please be honest. I?m the guy that sits at a desk and makes sure satellites point the right direction and see what officially happened after.? Okay, he had done that before but it wasn?t the only thing he did. Was that a lie or a half truth? At this point, he was starting not to care so much.

25. spycoder9 Force Ghost

star 4
    Jack Bassett
    Washington D.C.

Jack looked out the tinted window as he pulled up. Nice, Honda Civic, tailored for his own tastes. In the end of the world, he didn?t feel the need to put back his money. He lived out of his car for the most part, with his trunk filled with many suitcases and such, but it was fine. All the traveling that came along with the job meant he didn?t need a house. He wouldn?t be able to enjoy it anyway. Working for Prest caused some problems. . .but the advantages were much, much better. Like revealing these scandalous photos to this man. He suspected a conflict. All military men were cold, heartless brutes who used their own physical might to do as they pleased. Jack had the ultimate power over this man, though. Reputation.

"What do you mean, no contact? Get me that airport or I´ll make you drive there!"

The gruff voice hit Jack the moment he stepped from his car. Glancing left and right, he caught sight of his target. Monitors broadcasting military efforts in other major American cities were everywhere. The stillness of Detroit was the eeriest of them all. He forced himself to face the man known as Colonel Strandhurst. His first thought, as the man turned to look at him, was how funny the name was.

"Object Alpha? Come to my office."

Jack followed him, noticing how this seemed nothing like a regular HQ. The desk was shoved right in, and laptops covered with strange symbols that were associated with decoding were all across it.

"So the staff sends you? The firm? NSA? FBI? Mr. Basset. Alpha is a bit above your paygrade and yes I am aware how high your paygrade is. It is top-secret. Top top secret. So I am sorry, but I think you will have to call Langley or wherever your Boss sits and . . . tell them to get there heads out of wherever the sun isn´t shining anymore. And tell them to leave the military business to the military.?

Jack leaned back as he weighed his words in his mind. This was the funniest, and most important part of the conversation.

?Ah, but Colonel, I?m afraid that isn?t everything. I work for Milton Prest. An. . .associate with the President. He doesn?t take no for answer.? Jack sighed and pulled out the envelope from his suit pocket. ?He told me I would need this.? Jack watched him as he laid it down and leaned back again.

?Now, shall we. . .talk??

Jack grinned.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.