main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Sins of the Fathers

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson & Ghost
    New Rose Hotel, Tokyo

Rufus smoked silently after that, allowing the Japanese "Ghost" to do her haunting of the internet. Closing his eyes he did remember Lilith and all her looks and her smell. He did not allow himself to be distracted and turned his mind to Tallahassee. Oh yes, that worked. He began to smoke faster, but Tallahssee always owrked to focus him on things.

"Father Mengo Haile Maciste. Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church. Any bells ringing?" Ghost asked him and rufus eyes snapped open. "Not a single one." He admitted and looked at her computer. Ghost turned the computer and only a lot of Japanese lines appeared there. Obviously he was inside the Toshiba network, but could not deceiver a word. "What is it? My Japanese is a bit rusty, these days, I admit." Ghost looked at the screen then shook her head, as if she was angry at herself for not realizing that. "That little red computer cost 2.5 million US Dollars. It was paid by the Ethiopian Church and the man ordering it was Mengo Maciste. He had it send to Freidrichshain, Berlin. To be handed to Jacob Zinsky personally on the 23rd of March 2011." Rufus came closer to the screen.

"Can you check Maciste in other databases?" Rufus asked.

"what did you think about?" Ghost already was getting up her software.

"Berlin Tempelhof the airport is called, I believe? check any tickets Maciste bought in 2011. And 1986." Rufus was on fire now, watching Ghost.

"No records on 1986, but he had four flights in 2011 booked. Two for himself, 15th and 17th of May. One for J.Zinsky. One way. Addis Abadda, all of them." Ghost turned her head to Rufus. "He went to Afrika! To Ethiopia!" Rufus nodded. "to a region in Ethiopia the natives call The Heartland. We got that far. But where and for what purpose? Can you cross check the bank account that paid for all of this and see where it came from and what esle got paid with it?"

Ghost looked at the computer, then she nodded. "I cannot do that so fast, but I am logged into the CIA computer and they can. Risky, but I think their cyber crime division is not their priority right now, right?" Rufus looked at her and nodded again. "Let´s hope so." He leaned forward and waited for the results. Ghost typed and called open several pages, then she pressed enter and the bank account appeared on screen, as if it was her own.

Only outgoing money was registered in 2011. Sums between 1000 and 5000 Dollars. Food, cars, flights. "How much is on that account?" Rufus asked and hwen the number came up he almost didn´t believe it. "One billion?" He looked at Ghost and laughed out. "And they haven´t even spend a considerable ammount of that. Somneone wanted to make sure these guys really have unlimited funding, right?"

Ghost leaned back and thought for a second. "No archieve of 1986 here either." She sighed.

Rufus shook his head. "Don´t worry, I know what it would tell us anyway. Tickets bought for Sebastian Falk. One way. And he never returned to Germany." Rufus looked at the photos a last time. "Zinsky visited Falk in Ethiopia and there they started the change, funded by the Ethiopian Church through a man called Maciste! Check him out, please. Anything you can find on him. Hard to believe the whole thing. Guess we need to have to follow the money trail. We need to get to Ethiopia." Rufus laughed out. "Why not, one more continent won´t kill me, right?"

Tag: LordT, myself for Part II

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Hamburg

"So you know." She did not reply anymore. She had not enough info herself to ask witty questions. Yet, she wondered how he had figured out. Supernatural means? Or the clothes? the footage? There had to be footage. "I don´t recall being there, but yes. I guess that is true. And it was him, probably. When a silver necklace doesn´t work, why not try a little time-travelling to get Daddy´s little girl right back where she belongs, hm? But how is it even possible to gain such power? I mean is there some sort of magic amulet and when you put it on your God? Are we trying to rip it of his neck or what?" She stepped closer to Carl now. "Listen, I never believed in the Bible being a `good book´or anything. If you tell me God is completely different from what Christians thought, hey man, I am say that is about the only way I can find him to be believable in the first place. But how does on transfer power? I mean I cannot transfer my power to distinguish fifty different cells on sight to Markus over there, right? I guess not even you can bestow power on me, can you? So how? How did all of this happen?"

She looked to Markus and back to Carl. The man had yet to show a reaction to Carl doubting all he believed in. Yet, Laura would be no help there. As an atheist you did not mess with two religious guys like them. What she wanted to know was . . . was there any escape? Any way out of this? Any way at all?

Tag: LordT, Mitth

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Markus J. F. Christianson
    Speicherstadt, Thalia

The term stiff-upper-lip played out quiet nicely he had to admit. It wasn?t something he hadn?t heard fifty times before. What it all boiled down to was faith, faith in something that there was no tangible proof to see. Like believing that if you went up far enough there would be no air left, having never done it one cannot know for certain. It was like believing that at the deepest point of the oceans, water began to behave like glass based off of wavy pictures by a drone. No human had physically seen it, and possibly it all could be faulty equipment or another fake scientific find like a long string of evolutionary links that had been disproven over the years as get rich and famous quick schemes.

He believed what he believed, and he was comforted by what he believed. Not for any scrap of worldly possessions it had given him, or money that he had given because of it, but because he believed the unbelievable, hoped the seemingly impossible, and dared to dream that the maker of this universe actually gave a care about the creations he had placed on a speck in the universe. So it did help him to be a better human being he believed, even if he no longer bore that title, and he would continue to do so.

So as Laura cross examined Weber he knew now was not the time nor the place for such discussions of belief. Now was merely the times for truth, something he looked skeptically for Weber to provide after those scathing remarks.

TAG: Fin, LordT, Sirak

4. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Carl Weber
    Thalia, Hamburg

I wish I could tell you how much appreciated your reliablity is, Markus.

Carl closed his eyes as Laura stepped closer and turned half away from her. She was hard to read. Markus he had gotten used to. His stream of thoughts had taken the bait, obviously and was fighting against the truth Carl had just handed him. Metaphors about deep sea and the atmosphere showed up and then the reassurance of faith. Carl retreated from the man´s mind and opened his eyes to Laura. Markus he could control. Laura. She was a wilder set of ideas. She was dangerous. Because she was a lot more intellectual. She had spotted the fundamental weakness of faith long before they met here. It wasn´t her faith. It was something handed to her in a lunch box. You could salt and pepper it and then you believed what you were told to. Knowing that she was two steps closer to the truth than any human he had recently met.

The important piece he had left out, of course. He had been wise to do so. Religion and the human idea of God had not come out of nowhere.

It had been his brother who had invented that system. Therefore it would be his brother who saw it fail now. Antony, stupid Antony. How could you place so much trust in them and then lie to each and every one of them?

Laura was already beginning to ask the right questions. Carl knew Markus would not be able to and that made him a perfect ally. But Laura? He needed her and yet one wrong word and she would pick up the trial right into the heart of his intentions. he had to prepare to end her too, when it became necessary. Too much was at stake to show mercy to her. After a break longer than anybody could be comfortable with he finally answered.

"That´s the question I ask myself. How did he become God? I don´t know the answer. All I know is . . . it might be possible to become God. If so, I hope for him the process can be reversed. If not only his death can save us all." Carl stepped back and looked up. "So do you know where he is?"

Tag: Sirak, Mitth

5. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Chapter 1 ? An American Nightmare
    ?Und wenn die Welt voll Teufel wär und wollt uns gar verschlingen, so fürchten wir uns nicht so sehr, es soll uns doch gelingen.? (Though devils all the world should fill, All eager to devour us. We tremble not, we fear no ill, They shall not overpower us.)? Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott (A Mighty Fortress is Our God) by Martin Luther
    IC: Joel David Shepherd
    The House, East End, DC
    Joel noticed that Lola kept emphasizing the name MOORE and made a mental note. Right now his focus was on getting the two of them out of the house without being shot. As Jenkins turned to leave the room, Joel knew that they would have a little bit of lead time while he, unintentionally, distracted the pick-up crew. Shep drew his pistol once more from it holster and thought about offering it to Lola, but then thought it would not be best to do that at this moment.

He re-holstered the weapon, ensuring it already had a round chambered, and brought his rifle back around to his front. He slapped his helmet back on and moved to the doorway. The second floor seemed clear, so he turned back to face Lola. ?Listen, I?m going to go down the stairs first to make sure the coast is clear,? he started to explain, ?I want you to be right on my butt the whole way down. When I tell you to go I want you to go right out the back door and I will follow close behind. Once we are out there we need to find somewhere to lay low until night fall. Then we will be heading out town. Do you understand me??

Joel knew that by doing this he was violating a direct order, committing a mutinous act, and deserting. All of these acts were punishable by death under the Uniform Code of Military Justice at a time of war. He had been struggling internally with his feelings towards the government since the event in Boston that took his wife and children from him. Something inside him told him that helping Lola was the right thing to do, the moral thing to do.

Once she indicated she was ready, he took a deep breath and blew it out quickly, ?Alright. Let?s do this.? With that, he brought his weapon up to his shoulder and started down the stairs.
    TAG: Fins

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Hamburg, Hamburg, my city

"And how? How do you wanna kill a God?" The elephant in the room the Americans called that, right? "Wie willst du den herrn über Leben und tod töten, Carl?"

Her skipping into German was a reflex. But she looked at Markus and realized the answer counted now, not the question. A bullet would not work. She had probably tried that already? So what? Was Carl so powerful? because something in his voice seemed to indicate rather strongly he was a bit afraid, at least respectful for her Father.

This was a game of tell and don´t tell. She was aware of that. And so far her advantage was the tiny bit of information she held back. That tiny bit that actually roared inside that cage like a beast. How had this folk sanger said? the beast in me is held by fragile bars?

she wondered if Carl had such a beast. Markus certainly had one. She had seen it. But Carl? It was probably more frightening to assume he had none. Just a calculating ancient mind, that seemed to put all the pieces into place.

"Because I don´t know where my father is, bvut I know who can tell us. And if I go down that route with you, I need to know he´ll pay for what he did to me. You understand? Maybe you´re above revenge. But I am not. If we cannot kill him, I´´ll run from him. I´ll hide from him. Because that is the only way I can have my revenge against him, now. That he has become a monster so much greater than a man."

7. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Carl Weber
    Thalia, Hamburg

"Trust is something that both sides need to earn, Laura. I will hold on to that secret a little longer. How to kill your father." He folded his arms. "So where can we find that person who knows where he is?" She would have to tell. It was her only way out. Carl turned to Markus. Trust had indeed become an issue here. When things got dirty would Markus side with her? Probably. Probably.

Unnerving it was . . . not knowing. Sebastian had already clouded the once so clear and bright future for him. But he did not own the presence, not yet. Not yet.

Tag: Mitth, Sirak

8. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Speicherstadt, Thalia

Well, Mary Poppins in a wind storm, this was turning into a one track fielding of design and debate. Three deaths marked him, and now the death of someone that stumbled onto a hanging-on of Power was being marked for death. Perhaps the blood was no longer red? Green would be a nice alternative, it would be very Vulcan for a logical mind gone insane, but at the same time add variety to his stainings.

Leaning back against a rack decided to join the basic larceny and grab a jacket. Being immortal was one thing, but there was still propriety to think about. A nice tan jacket caught his eye, officially for a woman but the cut was neutral enough he figured he could get away with it. ?Well now that everyone has agreed not to speak of the scorch mark in the corner, shall we be off??

TAG: LordT, Sirak

9. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Hamburg

"Where to?" Her answer snapped out of her, like a Cobra coming for it´s prey. "I mean do you have any place that makes more sense than this one?" She smiled. Mobility was probably not enough to dodge a God, was it? Ally was certainly brought out of reach of Markus. It was clear what Weber was doing there. She finally turned her head back to the only non-human in this debate. At least in her book. "The person or organisation or thing you need to find is the UMBRA DOMINI. They finance my Father. I remember he is somewhere in africa, but where? Only these guys can tell. I wouldn´t be surprised if you tell me you already know them, right?"

She looked at Carl at that one. "Because the whole secrecy around this thing, not even telling me anything about it . . . I´d bet it were people like you they tried to keep out."

Laura knew she would follow them, try to kill her father. And yet she also knew . . . it was all a lie.

10. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Chapter 6: The Immortal Game

The Hotel Room, Tokyo

He knew she was nearby even before the knock hammered against his door. Lilith. Her presence radiated into the dusty, bitter air of the motel. And then it knocked. Right before Ghost had cracked the code it knocked. The countdown seemed to freeze, the air seemed to be sucked out of the room and all sound with it. Only the unnerving ticking of a door could be heard, as the knock was repeated.

Rufus had shot her only a few hours ago, Carl had lured her into a trap and now her Son would be after her. Leonard had ordered the guards to shield the Motel and they had come through the kitchen, as a suspicious Brit guarded the lobby. But finally Lilith stood before the door behind which Rufus Jameson tried to decipher the world´s greatest enigma.

Death was in the air. Maybe they all felt it and realized in the same second: It wouldn´t be long now. Somehow they could all feel it. In this shady little place something terrible was about to happen. Something that would change the nature of this eternal game they played.

Tag: Draco, Sinrebirth

11. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: Alright, I'm back in business. And just in time, too...

Rudyard Vane-Tempest
    Hotel Lobby, Tokyo

"I'm led to understand that this is your first flight, Mr Vane-Tempest. It's one of our own private carriers, equipped with the latest in aviation technology. This gauge measures air resistance, this one is for the fuel tanks. This signals altitude- we're currently flying at thirty thousand feet. It must seem quite the array of wizardry for one so young. Don't allow yourself to be seduced. You must never neglect those resources you carry with you at all times- your senses."

"First, sight."

Rudyard's gaze rarely lingered on one surface for too long. His namesake, Rudyard Kipling, had once described a training game for young spies which involved the participant staring at tray of assorted objects for a short period of time, and committing the sight to memory. The routine was called "Kim's Game" after the novel's eponymous hero, and Rudyard was a master. With a single sweep of the lobby he had taken in most of the pertinent details. The receptionist on the phone, fiddling with her bracelet and longing to be elsewhere. The suited man just beyond the smoked glass doors, perhaps waiting for a taxi. The roughly folded newspapers on the coffee table beside the chairs, suggesting a recent visitor.

"Useful observations. But the eyes tell lies. What do you hear?"

Muffled, distant conversation. The artificial drone from the other end of the receptionist's telephone. The sound of waiters clearing up in the dining room. The traffic outside.

"Sight and sound are your primary receptors on a conscious level. What you smell, taste and touch, however..."

Muted notes of air freshener lavender and cleaning spray bleach. A mild, slightly sour taste in the air. Sweat on the brow. Humidity. A churning, a chopping, deep in the pit of the stomach.

"...the evidence of your senses coalesces beneath your awareness, and triggers reactions that you might attribute to 'instinct' or 'intuition'- or even to a 'sixth sense'. But why on earth would you need a sixth? Trust in the five you have. They have already provided you with all the warning you require, and the mind is marvelously competent at parsing the data. You have your answer. You just aren't conscious of it yet."

Rudyard turned, and began pacing back toward the lifts. Within a few steps, he was running.

"I told you not to trust the equipment. See? No change. But you can feel it, can't you? That's the cabin pressure, dropping."

The moment he pressed the lift button he spun on his heels, and dashed toward the stairwell instead. Something was wrong. He had missed something.

"We are descending, Mr Vane-Tempest. Consider this your first field exam."

Up the steps, vaulting the railing. Too busy thinking about himself, too busy worrying about how he got into this mess.

"I do hope you packed a parachute."

He checked his gun as he raced through the corridors, and prayed that whatever was hunting them, it hadn't yet reached the hotel room.

Tag: none, yet

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lilith
    Limousine of Leonard, Airport, Door

Lilith looked in silent disquiet at the news reports, at the revelations, at the terrors, at the horrors.

Carl did not respond to his webcam any longer; she did not know if he was still alive, hoping he would recover from his own strength.

Leonard was nearing hysteria; she did not know how best to calm him, hoping he would recover from his own strength.

Her Familiar, Azarel, had begun to nibble at its own tail, in fear, determined to take its own life rather than die at the hand of a calamity; she did not stop him, hoping he would recover from his own strength.

Because that was all any of them had, on the edge of the End.

Themselves, and their own strength.

This was what the apocalypse was, to her. Not the mundane temptation and wrongdoing that Humanity and Immortals could inflict upon each other and resist, but the ability to stand in the face of an all but divine event and stay true to yourself, to what was right and just and fair.

Lilith was not a sentimental woman, but she realised, now, that was what she had found in Rufus. A man who was just as true to morality, as her, and had swaddled it in just as much lies and inner deceit than she. Lilith was not surprised that it had came down to what this one stubborn man had recovered, because that was the stuff of heroes.

There, she said it.

Heroes.

And villains.

The madman with his plot to destroy the world; her son.

The man who held the key to stop him; her... what? Lover? Kindred spirit? Soul mate?

And then she realised what she saw in the others. In Carl, his inability to be omniscient but attempt to do so by way of body-hopping, by technological foibles, in order to become God, and stop the darkness. In Leonard, him psyching up, preparing for the all out total war that he had been born and bred for. In Azrael, an effort to inure himself to horrifying pain, by inflicting it to himself.

In herself, an acceptance of her role as a wayward daughter of the creature who she had named God who, when the time mattered, would find herself - the real reason why God had let her go. The reason why he had sent the others after her? To test them, not her.

And so, it had been relatively easy to track down Rufus, and to come to this door. She had asked Leonard to stay back for a spell. Her attire; did it really matter? Something sleek, and vogue, but nothing which would impede her movement.

She tasted Death in the air, and knew the Son was on the way; despite their efforts to screen their movements; despite their efforts to secure this Motel with a small army; despite her revelations. There was nothing left, apart from the Secret, and then... the Battle.

And then she calmly, softly, knocked.

TAG: Draco, Winged, Lord

13. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: sorry couldn´t post earlier, I know we´re kinda in a hurry.

Rufus Jameson
    New Rose Motel, Tokyo

He suddenly felt that trembling of unexplained anxiety and his mind left the computer, Africa and all it´s secrets and returned fully to the present. The NYPD called it bullcrap-senses. When you feel somethings wrong. His hand reached for his gun and then he realized who this had to be.

She is here!

"Ghost, listen and listen closely. Take the red one, go to the bathroom, take this, point it to the computer and if I say it, shoot it! You got me? Go now! Now questions!" He ripped the gun from his holster and realized he had never reloaded the clip. Ghost still had two or three rounds though. Pushing her to the bathroom, he added a simple: "And lock it!" Before he was leaping to his backpack to get the other two guns out of it. Automatics, both 16 shots. 32 in total. One to the belt and one stayed in his hand. He breathed through and closed his eyes just the moment the knocking came. He had to smirk. Somehow he had always imagined him to drink himself to death in a cheap motel. If he died today, he had at least been right about the cheap motel thing.

Rufus stood up and lighted a cigarette. In case he got his head ripped of the second he opened that door, he really wanted to die with nicotine in his lungs. Then he took the doorknob and opened it.

Lilith was as beautiful as ever, but his view on her had changed. The world had changed. Lilith was probably the same, her context had been shifting.

Heavy hearted he sighed again, allowing the smoke to leave his mouth. "Hey Lilly."

He gave her his most charming smile. "Knew you did not take split ups well."

A joke. Dying with a cigarette in his lungs, a joke on his lips and an automatic in his hand . . . that wasn´t bad.

Tag: Sinrebirth, Winged, LordT, Fin

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Reunion

Lilith raised her hands, surrender-style, and smiled softly, softly softly, at Rufus.

She placed her hands on her head, and projected calm in every pore of her body. It was surprising how much you could forgive someone despite them having shot you in the head when the fate of the world was at stake... Lilith had rid herself of self-analysis. It was time to act. And she chose to move on.

The smell of Rufus' cigarette wafted over the room, but she could smell more; sweat, a ruckus, other people, the steady burn of a humming laptop...

... "I'm not here to hurt you. Quite the opposite, as a matter of fact..."

She called out. "The rest of you can come out, if you like, I'm an Immortal, yes, but not interested in dying in the Change any more than you are." Am Immortal. What a refreshing thing to say aloud.

Lilith twisted her lips, pursing them, in thought. "Rufus, I'll do whatever you want me to do, right here, right now." A little sexual humour couldn't hurt the situation, but it might loosen him up. "I'll even tell you who is behind the Change, if that'll help. If the world ends... we all die, Immortal or otherwise."

TAG: Draco, Winged, Lord, Fin

15. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Ghost
    New Rose Hotel

She was pointing the gun at the door of the small stinking bathroom. The red laptop was on top of her own and a familiar BILMM told her it was actually done with the second harddrive. The secret of secrets was decrypted. And she had no time to look at it, but could only point the gun at this wooden door.

A female voice told her to come out. Something about Immortals. But Rufus said nothing and she did not trust the female. The love affair of Rufus? Maybe. It did not matter, keeping her breath she finally exhaled and her hand holding the heavy pistol became a little more steady.

Tag: NRH crew

16. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    Hotel

Rufus had to smirk. ghost was enough of a professional not to come out. "Actually if we were eager to survive, I am sure we all owuld have picked another line of work, Lilly. She got the computer and she will stay in there until I tell her otherwise, you know?" He killed off his cigarette and looked at her. She was beautiful. #

"Rufus, I'll do whatever you want me to do, right here, right now." He gave her a smile. "If that´s the case, I would prefer to stay in there anyway." Rufus nodded. Laughing, while your heart breaks. Flirting with a gun in your hand. He had shot the woman he loved and now she assured him she was there to help him. This world had gopne crazy.

"I'll even tell you who is behind the Change, if that'll help. If the world ends... we all die, Immortal or otherwise."

And now Rufus gave her an even broader smile. "I think I can make quite a guess about that one myself. And even better, we now know where it happened. Zinsky was there, in Afrika obviously. He did not know it, he obviously actually witnessed it. Maybe he even helped with the creation of the change. We´ll know more once the decyption is done. Which should be any minute now." He sighed. "Sorry I had to shoot you. And Leonard. Hope his ego did not suffer too much?"

Tag: Sinrebirth

17. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

Rudyard Vane-Tempest
    Hotel Room, Tokyo

Rudyard reached the doorway and automatically aimed his gun at the newcomer's back. She was talking with Rufus. They seemed at ease with each other, despite the fact that the American still had his weapon in hand. Was this the woman he had been talking about earlier? The one he had shot?

"Sorry to interrupt," said Rudyard. "I take it this your dearly beloved, Mr Jamieson? I missed her downstairs. She must have come in through the back."

She was quite something to look at. Gunfights, whisky, tech experts and now a beautiful woman. Looked like the Bond film was complete after all.

Tag: Draco, Sinre, LordT

18. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    New Rose Hotel

"Bullets won´t help Temp. You can lower the gun." Rufus said and raised his hand to calm his partner. "Rudyard, Lilith. The bible Lilith according to her. Lilith, James Bond." He winked and pulled his own gun into his holster now. Still awaiting her answer, he realized they were all in the same place. What a perfect moment for an ambush, was it? He wondered if Ghost had ever found out where Beckfris was. "Ghost, stay in there!" He yelled at her and tried to keep his calm.

Tag: Winged, Fin, LordT, Sinre

19. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Chapter Six: The Immortal Game

New Rose Hotel, Tokyo

Right after Rudyard a third man entered the room. His gun in his left hand and a look in his face, as if the situation did not scare him, there was something angrier, more anxious about Leonard than the first time they met. He did not speak, but only leaned against the door and looked at Rudyard. Then at his gun and then back at Rudyard. Raising a brow he seemed to confirm Rufus line of thought. Finally he turned to Lilith.

"I can set you out in any hotel and you begin drawing in men like a light the moths, do you? This one is new? Expandable, I guess." He sighed.

Inside the toilet Ghost made a bleeping sound. Or to be more precise it had been her laptop. Slowly the programs all reported success. This one was the Virus on the sweds computer. He had send an eMail, but without turning the gun away from the locked and closed door, she would not be able to open it.

Tag: Winged, Sinre, Draco, LordT

[color=crimson][b] Chapter One: An American Nightmare [/b][/color]

Sanders smirked as the politician got uneasy and wanted to "do it". If they ran into a house where walls could stop pistol bullets, but not the assault rifles, they were two against two with an disadvantage. They would wait, he decided and just as he did that, his eye picked something up. A group of men, then another appeared. They came from alleys nearby and neighboring houses. In small subgroups of four to five people they began to enter the street, quickly filling it.
    ?Change of plans, let´s get inside.? Sanders hissed and began to move, if Basset followed him or not.

The same moment inside Shep had found the pathway to the backdoor to be clear. Jenkins steps could be heard nearby, but nowhere in the line of sight. Lola moved quickly, with an almost creepy dexterity. She opened the door and Shepard was right behind her, when she suddenly freezed.

Outside at the backdoor was a small army of tattoed men. It was as if they had appeared from nowhere. When they had checked the window not one of them had been there, now at least three dozens took cover behind cars, streets or simply stood there. Shotguns, assault rifles and on the ceiling nearby they even had a sniper, aiming right at Lola. And right in the middle a petite dark skinned woman stood and smiled satisfied with what she had done.

[image=http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00029/thandie-newton_29521t.jpg] [b]Lydia[/b]

?My name is Lydia. And I strongly prefer prisoners, but in the end of the day, I really take what I can get, as long as it is a result. So will you drop your gun, soldier?? She yelled and from behind Shepard already heard the stomping sound of Jenkins coming after him.

?Where ya goin??? He asked, obviously unaware they had been surrounded.

[b]Tag: Spy, CPL[/b]

[i]Milton Prest´s Apartment Complex[/i]

?Certainly. Get on the way, by the time you get there, there will be clearance arranged.? Milton smiled at them. ?Anything I can do to help the police in these troubled times.? He smiled even broader and not too sublte two security guards had appeared virtually from nowhere and positioned themselves next to the door. ?Time to go, Garret.? Malone grunted and slowly walked towards the elevator.

The underground parking lot was as good as empty. Which made the two men so very hard to miss, as they stood next to their car. Schuler and Bright immediately swarmed out in case of a shooting, Malone had his hand on his .357, falling back.

[image=http://www.tribute.ca/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/WB-Unit-153-295x300.jpg] [b]Professor Moore[/b] [image=http://images.wikia.com/gameofthrones/images/e/ef/CosterWaldauGameofThrones.jpg] [b]The coughing Man[/b]

The elder man looked stressed and anxious. But the good looking younger man was obviously ill. His skin was pale, his eyes had a feverish glow and he coughed when they came near him. Yet it was him stepped forward, clearly protecting the elder man. ?Detectives? My name is George and I have been following your ste

20. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Carl Weber
    Thalia, Hamburg

"The Umbra Domini?" That was something rare. He showed surprise and it was genuine surprise. "What do you know! They took their lies and made them true, somehow." Carl was almost ready to shake his head in disbelief, but then decided he needed to think this through. Thoughts raced through his mind.

Computers were actually slow compared to him when it came to calculating things, but then again computers were impartial. He had a hard time to be that with this case.

"Esrada. You two need to go to Roma and find Cardinal Enrique Fabrizio Esrada. He is a member of the Umbra Domini. Probably still their leader. If anybody know, it is him." Carl turned to Markus and then to Laura. "I have to make preparations and we´ll meet when I pick you up. You two can do that for our cause?"

Tag: Mitth, Sirak

Ghost

Toilet, NRH

"Okay!" She yelled back as Rufus ordered her to stay in there. They were talking out there now. Ghost wondered if she could risk . . . at least the mail . . . slowly she stood up and lay down the two computers on the edge of the bath. There was no water in it, so they were save. Her index finger hit the space bar and the mail programm popped up. Beckfris was active. Very active. Her virus had intercepted five mails and send them forward to her . . .

Tag: Others

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Reunion

Lilith flashed a smile at Rudyard, turning carefully to avoid smacking him in the face with her elbows as she dropped her arms, slowly as ever. "A pleasure, I assure you." She oozed amusement. It felt like some kind of epic from the Bible, or the Torah, or the Koran - a band of believers, sinners and wannabe-gods, all on a quest. It could be mistaken for fantasy, or truth. But it was where she belonged.

With an inclination of her head allowed her to study Rudyard, and his piece. "Or perhaps the pleasure is mine?" Her head inclined a tad further, around him. "No harm done, Leonard. I do believe Rufus wants to apologise." Her smile was so broad, and she turned back, it was almost as if it would cut her teeth. "Let's lower our weapons, nice and calmly, and resolve this little charade once and for all."

"Rufus, what I know is that a madman named Cain. and apparently sometimes Adam, is looking to destroy reality. What I also know is that he's my son." She shrugged. "But I don't know about the man you have threatening laptops, or this delightful fellow." She winked at Rudyard. Flirting never hurt anyone. "So, give me the whole picture..."

She caught Leonard's eye, saw the concern within.

Lilith pursed her lips, tightly. "Because there is no way Cain won't be on his way here."

TAG: Draco, Winged, Fin, Lord

22. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    New Rose Hotel, Tokyo

Rufus smiled. Well, if Cain . . . he still had a problem getting into this whole bible obsession . . . was on his way here he was, because he had followed Lilith here. So far they had been safe. But there was no reason in argueing. These guys were like the rich, spoiled kids he had worked for osmetimes back in NYC. They had power, knowledge and therefore were powerless and blind. He recognized the wink and felt a little wave of jealousy. Which was why he decided not to make this one easy for poor old Lilly.

"Sit down. Go ahead." He turned around and took his former glass, pouring it half full of Whisky and then set it down on the table near hte seat Lilith had been "ordered" by hhim to sit down. "I mean it, you don´t wanna fade into a guys arms like a Diva, do you? Sit down and I´ll tell you who did not cause the Change." He smiled at her and took another cigarette out of his pocket. He wanted to draw her near and kiss her, he wanted to send everybody out and waste the little time left for both of them with her. But he did not. He would not.

"And yeah, Leo. Sorry." He smiled to him. Looking at Rudyard he gave him a short '"be watchful" look before turning to Lilith.

His head lay aside. "Cain did not cause the Change. That is what I know. Cain did not cause the Change. you know who else did not seem to have anything to do with the Change?"

It was a cruel game, ubt he somehow enjoyed it. Slowly he had begun to realize how all of them were just playthings to these people. To these creatures. And he enjoyed it to play with them now. It was human. he had always been very human. He certainly was a man with needs. With great needs, actually.

Tag: Sinrebith, Winged, LordT

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: Combined with LordT for minor input.

Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Hamburg

"Rome?" It bursted out of her. The italian capital? She had been there. Robert had invited her there to relax a bit after her exams last year. A very romantic city, much more so than Paris, which had never earned but simply claimed to be the city of lovers. Rome with it´s tiny alleys and winding roads and ancient monuments . . . and the Vatican. Obviously, if the Umbra Domini was part of the Chruch there had to be someone inside the Vatican knowing about it. Well, Laura had zero idea about catholic politics, but the name Esrada certainly rang no bell. But if he knew where her father was and Carl needed to know so he could kill him . . . Laura could have screamed so confusing this all was.

If nothing else it would keep them all busy long enough . . .

"Sure, I can go to Rome. I assume you two will provide transport or do we actually plan on driving?"

Carl smirked ubt somehow it looked like he only faked the human reaction.

"An Osprey V7 is above us as we speak. My escape vessel, so to say. You can have it. It will have to use up ever drop of gasoline it has to reach Rome, but it might just make it." Carl took something out of his pocket and pressed the button.

Laura watched him, before turning to Markus again. "I assume like all ESTI agents you know how to get infos out of this man, right?"

Tag: Mitth, LordT

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Jonathan Garret
    Parking Garage, Washington, D.C.

The two men came out of the shadows of the parking garage and instantly got Garret's adrenaline pumping. He never hesitated as he took up a defensive position behind a parked car and revealed his gun, the barrel unwavering as he pointed it in the direction of the two strangers.

"Stay where you are!" he shouted with his outstretched arms resting on the hood of the car for support. He had been in situations like this several times in the past, but never had he felt so unsure of himself. He blamed that uneasiness on Prest and the information he had revealed at the meeting.

?Detectives?" the younger and more sickly of the two men called out in a fairly calm voice. "My name is George and I have been following your steps all day. Can me and Professor Moore have a minute to discuss matters of national security with you?"

Garret turned to exchange a glance with Malone. Following them all day? He frowned. He didn't like the sound of that at all, especially when he got to the part about national security...

?Wherever Mr. Prest send you, you find anything but a bullet waiting for you, believe me." he added with a weak smile.

Keeping the gun pointed at the two men, Garret slowly began to rise as he came out from behind the cover of the car. He suspected all along that Prest would probably try to do away with them for simply showing up to ask questions. Somehow, he still knew that the man was responsible...it fit in with his character. But now, he had other problems. Were these men telling the truth or were they simply hired lackeys working under Prest himself to throw them off? Time would tell...

"Alright, nice and slow," he replied evenly, inching cautiously towards the two men. "Tell me what you know. And let me say this now - one wrong move and I won't hesitate to pull this trigger. It's not like God is watching out for us any longer to condemn us for our sins..."

TAG: Fin

25. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Speicherstadt, Thalia

The two of them talked rather rapidly now. It was a transfer of knowledge without confidence of regulated proportions. All very boring. He could have been drinking tea back before his mother died the way these two went back and forth. Of course the image of bickering parents leaving him to his own thoughts was a bit shattered if he added the fact that one was an admitted betazoid.

Italia, Rome, and a faction of the old church that most believed to have ceased to exist. What a lovely existence being undeed seemed to bring. He was getting to travel the world, meet and kill new and exciting people all while trying to save the world. How very James Bond.

Of course the revelation that Karl had an Ospray waiting barely registered. The fact that the man had saved the fastest and best for his own getaway was not a surprise in the least. Laura question though, that was a surprise. So much so he could withhold the guffaw that escaped his lips at it. ?My dear, I?m not that kind of agent.? He responded with a chuckle. ?I?m the guy that hacks a computer brought back to safety in a lab, or fixes software and hardware.?

Shaking his head he looked back at Karl, ?Weber?? raising his hand in the sign for a phone he simply asked as he shook his hand by his ear with concentrated thought. He focused on the mere thoughts that he needed clearance, to talk with the ship and his daughter, and he figured clearance for the Osprey above.

TAG: LordT, Sirak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.