main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Sins of the Fathers

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lilith
    New Rose Hotel, Tokyo

Lilith sat, politely, and suddenly realised that the Rufus she knew might actually be opposed to the concept of Immortals on principle. That he might be difficult, if only because he was human, and she was not. It was an unsettling concept, in part because no Immortal had really had to deal with such a thing, and also because it meant Rufus could still surprise her...

... even if he did want her in ways he probably couldn't describe in pen without the paper catching fire out of shock.

So, she settled on smiling, herself, that wan smile that covered her face when she was being polite, and keeping her true feelings guarded. Sitting, as 'ordered', she allowed him his little moment. She ignored whatever expression crossed his face after Leonard was asked to sit, whether directed at her, him, Rudyard or God, and allowed him to continue.

"Cain did not cause the Change. That is what I know. Cain did not cause the Change. you know who else did not seem to have anything to do with the Change?"

So, it was going to be like that. A 'game'. While Ghost held the secret of all secrets, while Leonard and Rudyard awkwardly waited, while Cain was on his way, and while God-knows happened to millions.

Fair enough. Lilith didn't say anything. She'd decided to wait him out, and see if Ghost, Rudyard or Leonard lost their patience first.

TAG: Winged, Fin, LordT, Draco

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Jack Bassett
    The House

When Sanders just smiled and looked away, not budging a muscle, Jack felt his finger twitch. Jack didn?t appreciate someone who automatically assumed they were in power. Maybe Sanders was, but Jack could knock him down any second he wanted to.

He could just lift his gun, take aim, and. . .

Shuffling feet shook him from his imagination. Groups of men were coming from alleyways. Freaky stuff that really spooked Jack.

He was witnessing the collapse of Washington D.C. The greatest city in the United States, had he been the one to pick. At one point in time, he had a shot to actually get to live here. If he hadn?t been so damn stupid.

Would he ever get over that?

Probably not.

?Change of plans, let´s get inside.?

Jack turned and followed Sanders inside, looking once back over his shoulder at the groups of men before entering.

TAG: Fins, CPL

3. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    The New Rose Hotel, Tokyo

"You. Any of you. It wasn´t your doing." He turned to the others. "Let me introduce you to two immortal beings. How long have you been around? Since we invented fire? Even before? Yes, Rudyard, this is meant to be two of the original women on earth. And I am not surprised we humans turned out the way we did. That guy hunting us, that would be her son. Oh you and your games. Did you always play them?" He turned back to Lilith. "Did you play so much you missed the point in time when your game lost meaning?" He seriously felt remorse of doing it to her, but it was obvious to him now that he could no longer invest his trust in them. Rufus lit another cigarette, before he delivered the mental punch.

"You Immortals or whatever you call yourself had no hand in this Change. And you know what is the most shocking fact of them all? Despite your megalomania, besides your idea of self-importance . . . it was terribly obvious from the start." Rufus sighed. "You´ve been around for long, I get that. But did you ever change the world? Was it any of you inventing writing? Did you ever build Empires? Did you split atoms? You didn´t, did you? That is why you had to believe it was one of you, who did this. Because you could never do it. You are not meant to change the world. It was terrible obvious it is US humans who progress blindly and rapidly and probably fatally into any new direction offering itself to us. It is so obvious who had the ambition and stupidities to frak up the world as we can witness it being fraked up right now."

Rufus took another deep breath from his cigarette. Then he told her what he knew. His eyes wandering from Rudyard to Leonard, back to her he spoke on. It was a leap of faith he did here. But he needed her to understand . . . why he had to leave her. Why he could not stay, even though every inch of his body wanted him to.

"The Change was caused in late summer of 2011 in Ethopia. Whatever caused it had been in the works since 1987 by then and obviously had not worked out. The help of a brilliant German student seemed to change it, when he arrived in that project. Whatever it was they worked on Jacob Zinsky, the boy you made me search . . . he seemed to bring the breakthrough. Funny enough he was also the sole known survivor of the project and he was so scared he ran to Nepal to hide. I thought he was hiding from you, but now I believe he did not even know something like Caine or Lilith existed. He ran from the man who had brought him to Africa in the first place. A German Professor of linguistics called Sebastian Falk. Right now we assume he lead a project for the Church, which was funded by the Vatican through an organization called the Umbra Domini. If Falk is alive we do not know, but whatever he did, it arrived in early 2012 in our world and seems to work constantly to end it." Rufus sighed. "And I am gonna stop it, if it is possible at all. You see, it had nothing to do with you and your supernatural stuff. It was a human, a simple human with enough ambition to achieve whatever that he . . . without a doubt . . . did not see the consequences of his doing."

Rufus looked to Leonard and then pulled his cigarette so hard into the ash try that it died down.

"What you could really do to help us now is get us a flight. I guess with the state the world is in, airplanes won´t be flying regulary anymore?"

Tag: Sinre, Winged, LordT

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007

Chapter Five: Sinners

Hamburg, Thalia

And just as Markus held up the satellite phone he also saw it was gone. No more connections found. That was the simple comment of the display. What it really meant was the network system of satellites above was gone. Otherwise it would have said no more connections available or denied access or asked for a decryption code. Now it simply said there were no connections. As if they were in a room made of lead or something like that.

Without satellites and soon without electricity - Markus would know power plants did not work more than four, five hours without someone working in them - the internet, the communication and any contact to Weber´s people was gone. What happened to Markus daughter or to Carl´s orders . . . they would probably never know.

But for Carl this would harldy be a surprise. A creature like him could feel the rain of metal coming down on the planets atmosphere, as the communication of hte world burned to molted iron, as it was hurled into the atmosphere, unable to enter it.

Tag: Sirak, LordT, Mitth

[b][color=blue]Chapter Six: The Immortal Game[/color][/b]

[i]New Rose Hotel, Tokyo[/i]

Leonard did not speak, as he heard Rufus words. Silent and seemingly obidient he stood next to the door and waited. Listened. Only his eyes probably betrayed he had suspected that all along. The youngest yet surviving immortal . . . if you left out those children who had existed for less than a century . . . he had learned a long time ago humanity did not need them.

Looking at Lilith, he finally gave Rudyard a look and then he stared at the door of the bathroom, as if he could look right through the wood.

Then the silence was broken, as Rudyards phone rang in this most unappropriate moment. It was his contact from the MI-5 calling back. John had never been good at timing.

[b]Tag: Winged, Sinre, Draco, LordT[/b]

5. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003

Rudyard Vane-Tempest
    Hotel Room, Tokyo

Rudyard was drinking whisky while the others talked. He had accidentally developed a sort of private drinking game, where he took a sip every time something impossible was mentioned. He was already halfway through his second glass.

These...creatures...were something outside of his belief system, even for a religious man. Immortals could not exist, not so brazenly as this. And therefore he refused to believe that they did exist. Deep down, he suspected that this was another con, like so many that he had been part of, and that he was a pawn in some larger game. Lilith's beauty was a clue; beautiful women were always involved in traps like these. Her wink had little to no effect on him, in any case. His ex-wife had killed whatever urges he once had.

The mysterious man named Leonard was probably leading the operation, then. With the Russians, perhaps? Or the Chinese, they certainly had been advancing their agents within Japanese territory in recent days.

And Rufus would have to be involved, of course. He was probably CIA. Almost certainly knew something about events at the embassy that morning. This whole thing had been some form of setup. But to get what, to uncover what? Rudyard tutted. Here he was, getting drunk, when they were playing him to get it...

He pressed the glass against his head. He was getting a terrible migraine.

His phone rang.

"My word," he breathed, getting unsteadily to his feet. He still held his gun in one hand, and felt faintly ridiculous. There was no protocol for this sort of thing. "Do excuse me. Carry on."

He moved toward the bathroom, remembered that Ghost was still inside, and he stepped outside the room instead. On the other end of the phone was his contact, the counter-terrorism analyst. The man had had many fake names and roles over the course of his career- John the operational adviser, George the weapons engineer, William the surveillance officer. But Rudyard knew him for who he really was- Giles, his best man and his oldest friend.

"Giles, old chap," he said, relieved to be speaking to someone familiar. "Tell me you've got something for me on this 'Sadam' lead. I could really do with an edge right now."

Tag: Fins (Draco, Sinre, LordT)

6. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Chapter Six: The Immortal Game

London, The Circus calling Tokyo

Stuart . . . was he Stuart this week? Anyway, Stuart, actually Giles had enough at his hands already. The US seemed to tumble into a civil war, Germany was basically gone and France was invaded by . . . something. It was enough. It simply was enough. Then came the report in of the embassy in Tokyo being attacked. He send a file to maek these idiots down there look for Rudyard, but that would probably take days. The attackers had tried to blow it up like the US embassy to make it look like an accident. Silly move anyway. But it had not worked. So they had bodied to check, at least. A lot of bodies.

And then he learned Rudy was alive. And suddenly he wished he wasn´t. He simply wished that the message he just heard would not be true, but only a bad dream. SADAM had shown up again. Finally. And shortly before an ex-spook called in to check on the most secret operation of the UK before the Change . . . the embassy had been hit. It made so much sense. Only the US and the UK knew SADAM possibly even existed. Hit them and the world was blind.

?Rudy? Thank God you are alive.? His voice probably betrayed too much of his anxiety. He had always been the definition of cool, but three month of discussions if the world ended did that to you. The made you a damned wreck. He remembered how he had decided to quit once the Change was over. Once the crisis was resolved. And then one day he realized there would be no him once this was over. It would only be over when it was over for everybody. He had forgotten the chemical weapon plant in Iran, the uranium 67 stolen in the Ukraine and he had forgotten about SADAM. Fear of the change had made them drop their guard.

?Please, please Rudy tell me you are desperate for our attention. Because if SADAM is in Tokyo we are so . . . .screwed.? He leaned back in his office and closed his eyes. He did not pray or plead to any higher authority, but he was now ready to start trying.

Tag: Winged

Chapter One: An American Nightmare

Garage, D.C.

The man who looked ill coughed and then send a smile you could hardly call anything but charming. ?We appreciate your vigilance, Detective, but we are better in killing people than this.? He smiled and his eyes had something in them, showing he was probably serious. The elder bearded man turned his head and raised a brow. ?Speak for yourself.? He said and then turned around to the Detectives.

?I am Professor Moore, counselor of the President of the United States and interim Director of the Prometheus Initiative. You might have got the memo. The one handing us supreme authority over all forces of the United States? No worry, I won´t pull rank here. We are all that is left of Prometheus, after someone blew up Boston.? The man lowered his hands. Very slowly, looking to all four cops one after another. ?We have investigated the involvement of Carl Weber into the vanishing of certain special individuals and the connected nuclear strike on Boston, when we came across you. You are looking for a girl, were you? And as we can see, you seem to be good in your job. George and me are pretty sure Milton Prest ordered the murder of his boss yesterday evening. You figured it out almost as quick as we did. Considering my lack of personal, my need to have the world believe I am ashes for various reasons and my inability to contact the President I had hoped I could recruit you. Join forces. To safe the girl. And through that, Gentleman we could save this city. And probably even the whole world.? He coughed once and then looked to George and back to the policemen. ?I am afraid anything less dramatic would be nothing but a lie. And we all heard enough of those lately, I am certain.?

Tag: HS29

7. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Rudyard Vane-Tempest
    Hotel Room, Tokyo

The tone of his friend's voice cut through Rudyard like a blade through butter. His tiredness, his growing inebriation, his disbelief at current events- all these things seemed to melt away in the moment. The rest of this stuff was make-believe. But if Giles was worried, that was serious. That was real.

"Alright," he said, glancing back into the room to check that the others weren't listening, "you've got my full attention. But you'll have to be as brief as you can. I don't have an awful lot of time. Go ahead."

Tag: Fins (Draco, Sinre, LordT)

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    London, The Circus calling New Rose Hotel, Tokyo

"Okay, okay. It is way above your clearance, but who cares for the rules these days, right? A SADAM, well the term came from the Bush legislation. Listen in 1992 the US realized that a tactical weapon they had placed in Iraq had went missing, they were afraid Saddam had found them, that was what this worldplay was about. A SADAM, you get it? It never showed up in the invasion and we have ever since been looking for it on the black market. The second a is for ABSENT. The full term is Special Atomic Absent Demolition Munition. you know the device probably as a SADM. It is a warhead rebuild into a suitcase. Basically it is . . . " He stopped and leaned his head forward, closing his eyes. "It is basically a portable nuclear weapon. Also known as a suitcase-nuke."

It was out. Jerusalem had been attacked with a nuke in May. Then the powerplant in Peking had burned through. And the US had bombed one of their own cities with a nuke. How many nuclear strikes could humanity endure before all hell broke loose?

"Rudy, IS IT in TOKYO?"

Tag: Winged

9. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Rudyard Vane-Tempest
    Hotel Room, Tokyo

A maid trundled past with cleaning products on her trolley, and the smell of ammonia and bleach tickled Rudyard's nose. People still cleaned while the world crumbled. Cities burned and people died, but there were still surfaces that needed dusting, still beds that needed made, still toilets that needed scrubbing. Mindless, meaningless routines, bringing order back to a chaotic world. Just another way to pre-occupy yourself. As if by mopping your floors you could wash away all the blood that had been shed around you, at least for a few minutes...

"Rudy, IS IT in TOKYO?"

Rudyard snapped back to his phone call. When he spoke, he felt like the words were coming from very far away.

"I don't know," he said simply. "I'll call you back, Giles. Thank you."

He ended the call.

He stepped back inside the room, placing his hands upon his hips and surveying his companions. Whether they were double agents or con artists or genuine immortals, there was no point in keeping this from them. He had nothing to gain from doing so.

"That call was about the SADAM," he said, loudly enough for Ghost to hear from the bathroom. "Or rather, the SADM, as it is traditionally known. Special Atomic Demolition Munition. A portable nuclear weapon that can be carried by a single individual. So there you go- this chap Beckfris has bought himself a nuke in a suitcase."

He sat back down on the bed, and absent-mindedly wondered whether or not to call his sons. It was, all things considered, probably time to say goodbye.

Tag: Draco, Sinre, LordT

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The New Rose Hotel, Tokyo

Lilith closed her eyes. There was a connection between Cain and this, but she could not divine it. Leonard may have guessed that Cain was taking advantage before her, but there was, by and large, zero reason for Cain to join in. Her memories were clouded; was Cain not to walk the Earth forever as his punishment? She could not recall if it was one of her stories, or truth... he could simply want to die?

Rufus did not have an air of a lie about him. That unpleasant superiority, yes, but no word of a lie. She simply looked to Leonard, and nodded, as Rudyard headed off, indicating he should arrange the flight immediately. Falk was the new target, ostensibly, then. Vatican City, or to head to Ethiopia? Lilith nodded. "You have our assistance, and resources, Rufus. You have a better handle on what is happening, and it seems it has purely riled other Immortals. If they are seeking to take advantage, then you will need our assistance to survive their attacks."

And then Rudyard dropped his bomb, in the metaphysical and physical sense. Lilith scowled. "Beckfris? You've antagonized someone with a pocket nuke?" She glared at Rudyard. "And how do you come by this information? We do not have time to be caught up in the machinations of one of your accursed 'agencies'." By 'your' she was being colloquial - humanities infernal agencies.

Cain was one thing, but these Intelligence Agencies were a thing of old Lucifer, if he existed, in her opinion. At least Cain you could fight. Die, but die fighting...

In the face of a nuclear weapon, all you did was die.

TAG: Winged, Fin, Lord, Draco

11. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: Another victim of Fin´s PMs

Laura Blohm
    Thalia, Hamburg

They had some business with their mobile and Laura did not care. She turned and slowly walked outside to wait there for . . . whatever an Osprey was. something flying she hoped. Driving to italy would need an eternity.

Markus and his daughter. He had traded answers and her for Alicia. She knew that now. She knew a lot of things now she idd not wanted to know. Carl and Markus were more alike than they both thought. So sure they had it irght and the other had it wrong. Laura found cigarettes in hte pocket of her annorak and laughed out. How was that possible? It was brand new, taken from the shop . . . she looked at the Marlboro lights, half used up and imagined what story could have lead to htem being htere. Had this jacket belonged to someone else who had hung it there to trys a new when the Change hit? Had someone been hiding his cigarettes in it? Or was this some kind of amazing geruilla markenting event? She found a lighter put into the box, as Thomas always did it. She had always msoked with him and never without him really. Well, on parties, when she was drunk. Or after sex. Except it was sex with Robert. Robert hated smoking.

Markus and Carl. Men saving the world from other men like them. Righteous in their doing, because brilliant guys like them deserved to exist, right? She pulled the cigarette into her mouth and took a deep breath, as she held the light at it´s end. The fire ignited and the calming effect of nicotin rushed into her blood stream. "Lovely." she said to her self and slowly wandered to what she asusmed was the guys car. Carl and his nurturing of humanity, giving them speech and writing and God knew what else, because he was such a good Shepard. Strange he had not been chosen to guide humanity then, was it? Maybe humanity had really become the mirror of it´s secret shepards. If that was true, that told Laura a lot about Carl. She liked his answer about the devil. Because that was exactly what the devil would tell you, what even he would probably believe. There was no devil. the idea evil did not exist served nobody as well as the devil.

And Markus who decided when what was important for whom? A dictator, who believed to be a gentle mind. He decided Thomas died and Laura lived. Alicia was saved whenever he felt like it and if he didn´t . . . you could always come up with a justification. Laura hissed out. He reminded her of her own father. Were all bad fathers like thaT? Had Marie a weakness for bad fathers? After all she had slept with two men as far as Laura knew, and those two were now in there.

[image=http://theawesomer.com/photos/2010/12/121110_the_rite_t.jpg]

Laura stumbled back as the girl stood suddenly in front of her. The black eyes, so changed and yet so familiar . . . stared right through her. Oh what had she done to herself. "What do you want?" Laura asked and the grim face of her future self sstared at her in cold determination. Then her head slightly turned, just a bit, towards the Thalia. "Them?" Laura dared to look at the door for only half a second before turning back to the other self. She was gone.

Laura coughed out, as she forgot the mouth still inhaled smoke into the lungs. Then shaking her head she turned to the Thalia, where the two man still were. She wondered when and were? She understood why. That was out of question. some things could not be allowed to happen and if they did, they could not be allowedto have witnesses. As strange as this line of thoughts might have been only 24 hours away . . . had it truly been only 24 hours? Really? Laura?

Anyway, some things demanded blood. And if it was for Laura this world, this curel, burtal world . . . held nothing of worth anymore. It could burn. Burn.

She smiled as both men came out.

It was easier to be around them, now that she knew she would kill both of them.

Tag: LordT, Mitth, Fin

12. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Carl Weber
    Thalia, Hamburg

He took the phone from Markus hands and looked at the display, saying there was not network anymore.

"Looks like Sebastian does not want certainty to be part of your path. I expected him to come up with that idea earlier. World of communication, here you go." Smiling he gave the phone back to Markus. "he might not be able to take htem out all at once. Maybe you are more lucky, if you go southwards. Try. The security password giving you access to your daughter is Marie. Like her mother. Tell Sharon it is the password and she will let you talk to her." Carl sighed. Looking at Laura he closed his eyes. "I need you to focus on this now. Markus, I feel we are running out of time. And so is Alicia. Events speed up and a wave of change is coming. It is coming right after us and if we do not act soon there won´t be an earth to save."

He looked after Laura for a moment and turned to Markus. "And Laura might be an ally, that does not make her being on our side. Do not forget that. Whatever her father did to her . . . she is as much part of the Change as the Vanishing and your immortality. I expect all of these things will have to go away, if we wanna stop this. But while you may have to become mortal, I am afraid . . . her Change is a lot more profound." He wondered if Markus saw something in his face. Worry? A hunch he kept back for now?

"We meet at the Piazza Navona in two days at midnight. All you need on esrada is in that Laptop. Don´t miss the date, or we will probably never find each other again. When you got the place, I´ll have the weapon to make sure Sebastian stops this." Carl smiled. "And I´ll bring Alicia with me, if I can." Turning away he put the transmitter calling the Osprey on a desk nearby. "I begin to understand how torturing insecurity can be."

Tag: Miith, Sirak, Fin

13. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Markus J. F. Christianson
    Speicherstadt, Thalia

Laura left, as simple as that. It was a moment of simplicity as the phone stated the lack of a network. Such a simple pervasive thing, and in it?s ceasing to exist it was proof to Karl?s own words about it. The man shared the means and the doubt.

?Of all your gifts, perhaps this is why you failed. You lacked the fundamentals of humanity, it took a mysterious piece of black granite for you to aid our development. Without it we would not be here, but what if thousands of years ago instead of a few hundred? What would humanity be now? What would you be now?? Markus questions he left to hang on the other. It was a slightly crueler blow then he was used to giving but it was what he had. The past was written and no doubt would change it.

Taking the Ospray beacon he hefted it in his hand. ?She is different, different from before I took her to her father. I wonder, if like my daughter changed like me, she changed like her father?? Leaving that to hang in the air he started to move to the door to exit this place, and once and possibly for all time leave Germany behind him.

TAG: LordT, Sirak

14. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Carl Weber
    Thalia, Hamburg

The words about Laura did keep him thinking for a few seconds. But Laura could not travel time on her own, or she would have done already. No, not like her father. But she had changed. No doubt.

Carl could not help but smile. Then he put his hands into his pockets. He turned and smiled at Markus. Then he could not help to give him a genuine laughter. Did he really think . . .

"Markus. I have not failed at all. I am about to succeed and that is rare in this game." That was all he said. He did not tell him about that black piece of granite although that would have been a funny story or the many things about Alicia he knew and Markus not. He did not try to explain a thing about anything. Because that would probably make Markus dangerous to him. Sebastian had understood these things, had he? And he was dangerous, now.

He did not tell Markus anything anymore. They would have time for more truth in Afrika. Rome the Brit would only survive, if he did not know it all. Otherwise the man waiting there for him would shatter his sanity like a piece of thin glass. Rome. What a perfect trap. Carl had to take care of Tokyo, sure. But he did not avoid Rome for that reason. In that city was the last, the final obstacle he had to overcome. And Rome was his city. Tony lured him into the center of his power.

Umbra Domini.

What had Tony to do with it all? Why were his beloved Umbras invovled?

Questions. Carl really began to hate those.

Tag: Mitth, Sirak

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Markus J. F. Christianson
    Speicherstadt, Thalia

Creepy, yes that was best word he could give to the reaction Weber gave to his words. Laughter and smiles still seemed odd on the man-thing. He simply nodded at Weber?s words of victory and once more he pondered humanities place in Karl?s world view to fly without wings again.

?You?ll have to fill me in when the boards in better position.? Was all Markus could think to reply and with that he left. It was time to join Laura and see about this Ospray and Italian duplicity.

TAG: LordT, Sirak

16. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    Rufus Jameson
    The New Rose Hotel

He looked at Lilith and shook his head. Somehow this did not make a terrible lot of sense. A nuclear weapon?

"May I remind you who hired me and dragged me into this in the first place? the only reason beckfris and I are antagonists is, because you send me against his people." Folding his arms he tried to ignore the general tension and instead think clearly. "And he isn´t after us. He is after you." Yes, it was us and them by now. "Rudyard, Ghost and me? you do not need a nuclear weapon to kill any of us. A nuke you need to kill you guys, right? No cells, no regeneration, I assume?"

Beckfris was after them. Oh, that was such an obvious thing for him to do. Their meeting had been brief and little had been said that wasn´t deception and distraction, but this man was about ego and he bet that the ego of this guy idd not play well along others. Especially not if these other dwarved him into nothingness compared to them. Was this device here to kill Lilith? Or maybe Adam? Did Beckfris wished to get rid of his own ally? No, this was one shot, and Beckfris would probably try to take them all out at once.

"So where is it? I guess he positioned it somewhere, where he thought you would show up." Looking to Rudyard he sighed. "Can you get a manual how to disarm this thing from your pal? Dunno what everybody else feels about this, but I won´t run when half tokyo could be turned into ashes."

Tag: Winged, LordT, Sinre, Fin

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004

Lilith glowered at Rufus.

"I wouldn't want to hazard a guess. But we'll be staying until the nuclear weapon is found - but we'll only be staying in exchange for a copy of that laptop information." Lilith raised a finger, held it to Rufus' lips to silence him. "You can't expect us to fight for your people and for you not to trust us. I can play the negotiate-or-die scheme, too." She shrugged. "Take your time, actually speak to your fellows instead of telling them what the next step is. Not all of them may want to die because of this Beckfris fellow - because if he has brought a nuke here to kill Immortals, then clearly he thinks we can stop the Change. Which is enough a reason for you to respect us, if you cannot be bothered to like us."

She scowled, and turned away, to her Immortal, speaking sufficiently loud that the others could hear.

"Leonard, see if you can raise Carl, and see what God knows about this." It suited her to refer to Carl as God, with his technological and magical tricks. It was what he wanted, in her opinion. "You don't have to stay if you don't want to." She wanted Rufus' trust back, but they didn't need it to stop the Change. And so beneath her words she whispered a second sentence, directing the syllables into Leonard's ears.

"I'm not holding you here. Tokyo isn't important, but Rufus is being stubborn and will only end up taking the information with him at this rate so we need to play his game." Lilith paused. "If he doesn't play... I'll have Azrael take it." And there would go that trust... forever, she imagined.

TAG: Rufus, Winged, Lord, Fin

18. Sir_Draco

Aug 19, 2007
    ooc: GMing by PMing, this is our update from Fin, as the MOVE has given us the need to fast-forward a bit. Input by fin and LordT and my part approved by Fin.

GM suggestion: Soundtrack - The Immortal Game

Rufus Jameson
    New Rose Hotel

Where did you put a bomb if you wanted to kill three people? Where you knew these three people would be. radiation did probably not kill Lilith and Leonard and "Adam", but the blast . . . blown to pieces at a molecular level. Nothing survived that, probably. Had humanity found a way to kill those things after all and Beckfris was ready to do it.

"I wouldn't want to hazard a guess. But we'll be staying until the nuclear weapon is found - but we'll only be staying in exchange for a copy of that laptop information." Lilith raised a finger, held it to Rufus' lips to silence him. "You can't expect us to fight for your people and for you not to trust us. I can play the negotiate-or-die scheme, too." She shrugged. Rufus looked at her and then at Leonard. Where would you put the bomb, Rufus?

The dying part was what it was all about, was it? The negotiate-or-dying game demanded death sooner or later. What did Beckfris do? blow htem all up? The Immortals, the computer, Rufus, Rudyard, Ghost and a few million people? And then he watched the world end, having taken the final piece out of the game that could have done anything about it? Lilith voice cut through the noise of voices in his head.

"Take your time, actually speak to your fellows instead of telling them what the next step is. Not all of them may want to die because of this Beckfris fellow - because if he has brought a nuke here to kill Immortals, then clearly he thinks we can stop the Change. Which is enough a reason for you to respect us, if you cannot be bothered to like us." Rufus just kept on staring at her. She did not understand Beckfris. Maybe insanity became hard to understand after all those years. "He doesn´t care about the Change, I think. He just wants to win. Whatever that means in his head." His voice was almost a whisper, now.

If he did not like her? He actually loved her.

Rufus almost stumbled back, as Lilith addressed her brother in immortality. Leonard. Leonard. Something was there that Rufus did not see. Where would he bring the bomb? If he was Beckfris and he got that one shot to ascend you over all creatures of the earth by planting a bomb wiping out immortal life where? Where would he plant it?

Leonard nodded. He understood. Or he approved? Hard to say.

Here! I would bring it here and I would let Leonard know where he finds us and then Adam. Or Caine or whatever he was called. And then . . .
    No. No, that made no sense. How did Beckfris let Lilith know . . .

His line of thoughts was disturbed by Ghost bursting out of the toilet. "The package is delivered!" She yelled. Then she turned her computer. "The package. It is delivered! Beckfris just got an eMail that the bomb has been placed!" Now? Exactly now it had been placed here?

Rufus looked at Lilith and sighed. He saw her face and he knew she would take what she wanted. Leonard would help her. Leonard. Leonard.

"It is here." Rufus finally said not half as dramatic as you should announce the present of a nuclear weapon in the same buidling with you. "He does not know we know about it, so I guess they have positioned it somewhere central, where they can watch us come and leave, to make sure they don´t miss us leaving. Not the backdoor, the lobby. And as soon as Lilith son, the shapechanging monster turns up, they´ll blow us all up." He sighed. "Rudyard, take Ghost and try to get the bomb. Disarm it. You guys do that for breafeast, right? I´ve seen the movies." He smirked at Rudyard.

He.

He would allow Rudyard to leave. Self-preservation would make Lilith, Leonard and HIM allow them to leave. Someone had to disarm the bomb and rudyard and ghost were the best choice they had.

"You win, Lilit

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Chapter Five: Sinners

When Markus arrived outside the Osprey was already circling high above. A recon-run before they landed, clearly military procedure. It had no markings of any kind, but it looked new even from a distance. Laura stood next to the car Carl and Markus had arrived in and right in front of them the Kaiserplatz was the perfect landing ground in the crowded tightly build Speicherstadt. The engines of the machines roared from above, slowly becoming louder in the silence of the empty city.

[image=http://media.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/AIR_MV-22_Osprey_Tilting_Rotor_lg.jpg]

The aircraft was not the only arrival though. Carl was already greeted by a woman who had arrived in a small convoy of three SUVs. She looked relieved to see him, almost thankful. But she also had questions, her eyes told that. Before she could voice them Carl´s raised hand silenced them. She nodded and hugged him and whatever Carl said was lost in the thundering engines of the Osprey coming closer.

[image=http://www.serienjunkies.de/news/big/s/stars-serie-kristen-chenoweth-26107_big.jpg]

Carl turned a last time to Markus and Laura and nodded, then he turned to the cars and got inside. Before the doors of the cars shot, Markus could see how he was handed a new netbook, which he only put into the seat next to him.

They were ready for departure. Every one of them heading towards his own meeting with destiny. Laura and Markus had a minute left before they were picked up though and could talk, for the first time among humans . . . or what considered itself human now . . . as Carl and his people speeded away.

Tag: Mitth, Sirak, LordT

[color=blue][b]Chapter Six: The Immortal Game[/b][/color]

[i]Room[/i]

Leonard looked at the harddrive and nodded to Lilith. ?I´ll try to get Carl, but he has always been next to impossible to find, was he? And with the state the world is in now . . . ?

It was actually doubtful Europe and the US would still be reached by telecommunication. Britain and the East Coast, probably. If Leonard would be able to find him, he had to be very lucky. He took out his phone, but his eyes did not leave Rufus. It was the look of a man who did not believe Rufus was able to change anything. Cold eyes stared at the man who had shot him and a smile without any humor played around his lips, as he began typing a number into his phone and sighed.
    The Japanese and the British agent left the room to head to the lobby.

And all of them were completely aware the nuclear device probably don there could go of any second now.

[b]Tag: Draco, Sinrebirth, Winged, LordT[/b]

20. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Hamburg, Speicherstadt

She watched that strange vehicle hoover down. She certainly was no expert in military vessels, but she swore she had never seen anything like it. It looked expensive, sophisticated and highly effective, though. Just what she had expected from a vehicle like this.

"Do you trust him? Carl?" She asked Markus without looking at him or even Weber. "I mean when he got what he wants it´ll be too late to change your mind. You realize that, do you? There is nothing we could do against him. If his claims about his identity are true, he seriously is only limited by his knowledge. In htis case the location of my father, which we are about to reveal." Laura finally turned towards Markus. Her eyes still asked the question, as the Osprey or whatever they called it slowly hoovered in.

Tag: Mitth

21. Winged_Jedi

Feb 28, 2003

Rudyard Vane-Tempest
    Hotel, Tokyo

Rudyard was already on his way out of the room by the time Rufus had advised him to do so. He didn't need an invitation to get away from those supposed "immortals", whoever or whatever they were. They unnerved him.

He barely glanced over his shoulder to check that Ghost was following, and stormed toward the stairway. Where in the hell were they supposed to look first? They were looking for a suitcase in Tokyo. It was worse than trying to find a needle in a haystack, it was like trying to find a specific needle inside a collapsed needle factory while the skies rained needles above you.

"We are descending, Agent Vane-Tempest. This plane is going to crash, unless you think. Unless you use the training you've been given."

In the lobby, he had felt that he had missed something. And he had. Musicians, tourists, prostitutes. And there, sitting like mannequins among a crowd, a Japanese couple, with their bags.

The terrorists would be stationing their people somewhere nearby, somewhere where they could keep an eye on the comings and goings. Someone among those people was an agent of the enemy.

Rudyard raced down the steps toward the lobby, his hand inside his jacket and gripping his gun.

Tag: Fins, LordT

22. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Ghost
    New Rose Hotel

She felt silly. But thatwas probably a side effect of being frightened. She cursed herself for the day she decided she would play American gangster and buy a shotgun for personal protection. Now she ran around with a rifle of sorts and a bag full of laptops. She ran after a guy who had a gun and looked like James Bond and who was about to do something very James Bondish. Disarm a nuclear device. She felt silly. She was so totally the wrong person to do so. The world was falling apart and instead of watching it from a cold, detached screen, she was now in the midst of it.

Rufus had played it smart, allowing her to get out with both computers. But she was afraid she would never see the american again. After all he was left with two immortal monsters back there, was he? What were they emant to do without him?

Well, if that nuclear weapon went of, look into the light . . . because you saw it only once. "Go ahead, I´ll be with you."

She yelled at Rudyard and leaned against the wall catching breath. She really should have done any sport. At some point in her life, at least.

Tag: Winged, Fin, others

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Immortal Game

Lilith, for the first time in several centuries, felt, for the very first time. Not the sensation addiction she had craved ? the risks that she had taken to destroy men like Henry VIII, or the seduction and immolation of old Macbeth ? but actual complete feeling. There was no part of the spectrum that this absolute moment did not touch.

She felt her own heart flutter as Rufus cracked that crooked smile, as his eyes met hers. She felt sensation trickle through her veins, that electricity that connected the two of them.

She could feel the breeze of the room, arctic with fear, caress her bare throat.

She could feel her chest constrict, as Azrael squeezed upon it, tensing himself to strike.

She could feel her lips crack as she inhaled, drawing the moisture from them and making them dry.

She could feel the sensation of her olfactory senses being stirred by Rufus? sweat as she tasted the air

And she felt something in the depths of her soul, as Rufus held out the hard-drive. It was one of those moments where your world began and ended; where the truth could be expressed as a single universal understanding; where she could cut the air with a knife.

She could feel as if there were millions of breath?s being held at once. There may have been, for all she knew ? did people detect when they were about to die? Lilith had never experienced that sensation, being near death. It was something which fundamentally defined humanity and immortality ? the sensation of living.

Death defined the living... and if you could not die, you could not truly experience life.

Everything she had described above, in a mantra of description that she kept going, was nothing more than her attempt to synthesize feeling; to try and reconnect to the shadows of emotion she truly felt...

But that was not all she felt.

There was something nagging her mind... something inescapable, like the darkness attached to the soles of her feet; the darkness caused by light, a little thought, connected to her previous thought train... an echo of a thought.

It occurred to her that she may have been wrong, but not about Rufus.

Everything had connected too well. Finding Rufus, finding Carl; the complete and utter abandonment she had been subjected to at the hospital... The escalation of violence in the room, nearly pushed to tipping point, by a second arrival... that the nuclear weapon was lain as they arrived...

The knowledge that he could never, ever, hire someone who was untrustworthy. A private army forged over centuries, as loyal to him as if it was breathe...

Lilith?s hand shot out, and Azrael flinched. Her hand caught Leonard?s, mid-type. She caught Rufus? eye as she turned, to look into Leonards. ?I have the laptop, Leonard. Go send for it, don?t ring him...? Lilith stepped away from Leonard, towards the door, placing him between and Rufus. ?On second thought ? I?ll go get it, and you deal with the hard-drive.?

Her eye caught Rufus?: ?He?s all yours.?

She didn?t say which, and she certainly knew who she would be backing up.

And she knew that nobody was going to make a telephone call while she was here.

TAG: Draco, Fin

24. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC:Markus J. F. Christianson
    Hamburg, Speicherstadt

Looking up the Ospray he nodded in appreciation of the cutting edge craft that had a long and difficult development run to become a viable craft for just these situations. Verticle retrieval with plane speeds needed for travel over long distances in short time that helo's were unsuited.

What an odd question in a time like this, trust. It was odd in a way, after all he had mere moments of this present day ago aliterated to Karl as a possible demon. "As far as I can chuck him." he said with a simple nod. "Then again, who do either of us trust at a time like this? Your father is demented, only having power gives him any means to force what he wants. Although what does a helf baked scheme with a ton of power have against one planned for centuries with little power? Even the Yanks and other dissidents throughout history have proven that a sound plan beats brute force. My daughter is a childhood saint although possibly artificially, your a. . .demi-god, and I am a sainted 'witness' by your father to be a living tape recorder as he wipes everything else away. Who do we or should we trust?"

Tag: Sirak

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Laura Blohm
    Hamburg

She had to laugh, when he called her a Demigod. "Not yet. I am just a girl, Markus. A girl all of you do not allow to go and . . . a girl who will be something else. At Some point in the future one of you will . . . change me. If we don´t change that future." She thought about the other one for a second. Could it be she simply had gone insane? She remembered speaking to her psychiatrist about loosing memory and hallucinations. That was 15 yars ago. Maybe it had returned, maybe just worse. Maybe all she needed to heal this world was a pill?

"Although what does a helf baked scheme with a ton of power have against one planned for centuries with little power? Even the Yanks and other dissidents throughout history have proven that a sound plan beats brute force. My daughter is a childhood saint although possibly artificially, your a. . .demi-god, and I am a sainted 'witness' by your father to be a living tape recorder as he wipes everything else away. Who do we or should we trust?"

Markus had a point. Indeed a plan was something her father seemed not to have. Random, almost erratic were his actions. Or did they just look like it to the eyes of a mortal human being? Had her father . . . no he hadn´t. It had been the same possessive, agressive, cruel old man he had always been. But now with the power of a God? That seemed surreal. Even in this world. And yet it explained it all.

"Do not underestimate my father. He is cruel and dedicated, if he wants to. Not so different from him." She nodded towards Weber´s leaving escort. "A powerful mind, who has come to think of itself as superior to others. And maybe they both are. That makes them only . . . more dangerous, I think."

Did Weber had an old plan? An ancient machine set into motion by the recent happenings? Laura wondered if deep deep down he wasn´t as lost as all of them. Surprised and desperate about this new God and his remorseless ways.

"Maybe that is what it all comes down to, you know? Maybe creation isn´t big enough for both of them."

Tag: Mitth, Fin or Move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.