main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Sins of the Saints

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Episode One, Chapter Two
    In Character ? Dr. Camden Fossett
    Boston Medical Center, Boston

"Fine. Actually I feel surprisingly fine. I have still a little headache, but my heart feels fine again. Has anything come up? In the tests I mean?" Mr. Weber asked him, and Camden felt a sickening feeling in his stomach as he wondered what was happening. He looked down at the results and then looked back up at Mr. Weber.

?That is good to hear, about the heart and everything. The test results showed...absolutely nothing. No signs of sickness, nothing. These tests can be wrong, but usually have accurate results. I am here to discuss anything else you have noticed, have had over the past few days. Anything other than the heart pains and headache?? Camden asked him, and then looked down at his watch. He had missed lunch, and breakfast had been fast, a piece of toast and some lipstick left on his lips from a good-bye kiss from his wife.

TAG: LordT

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Sharon Cosner
    Corben´s Inn, Nevada, USA

Sharon smoothed down the fabric of her uniform and suppressed a sigh. It was too hot.

'Too hot' was a common epithet out here in the middle of the Nevada desert, but today was especially so. Ten customers were packed into the little diner and the ageing air conditioner wasn't quite coping with the strain of cooling so many bodies on top of the heat.

Vashti shot Sharon a smile as she walked by, and Sharon smiled back. She knew from long experience that it was sometimes difficult to be accepted in these small-town family establishments - indeed, it had been a stroke of luck to get a job at Corben's Inn at all, considering - and it was encouraging to find herself accepted by the others on staff here. She was even wearing a uniform that Martha Corben had unearthed from their storeroom and generously loaned her. It was a little loose, having been made for someone a little shorter and a good deal broader than Sharon - but that suited her fine, especially in this weather.

Especially as ten customers - and more to come, undoubtedly, as people driving through discovered they couldn't gas up here - meant that she and Vashti were going to spend a lot of time on their feet.

An older man - about fifty, if Sharon didn't miss her guess - waved her over. "Ma'am -"

"I'll be with you in just a second," she assured him as she passed.

She continued on to the man at the far booth, who had waved her over first. He was an oddly familiar man, come to think of it, although she couldn't quite place the face... regardless, Sharon smiled politely and pulled out her order pad. "What can I get you, sir?"

TAG: TheGoodImperial, others in diner

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    "John Morris"
    Wenceslas Square, Prague

Kleym was either extremely brave or extremely foolish. Morris settled on a third option - ignorant.

Maybe he'd heard the stories about the man known as John Morris and had assumed they were just that, terrifying war stories. Some people went the extra mile and believed them, or at least the intent behind them; the propagation of fear, psyops to weaken enemy resolve, to break morale. John Morris was something of an urban legend amongst professional soldiers, although international legend was far more apt.

Morris was convinced Kleym was ignorant of the truth or the reality of events surrounding his existence as myth. And with that ignorance came fear, fear of - what else? - the unknown.

Years of experience made the subtleties of true invisibility second nature to Morris. Moving at a steady pace when needed, faster sometimes, slower others, matching rhythms in the environment. Invisibility was simply the ability to go completely unnoticed in the open, and he was a master at it. The way Kleym's shoulders fell with each exhale - Morris guessed the rhythm of the heart, moved in time as Kleym's pulse rang in his own ears. Fear was useful, especially the effects of it.

And then-

"Herr Kleym. Quite the view."

He ignored the man's reaction.

"I believe we have business to attend to. Do we not?"

Tag: Fins

4. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    John Henley
    Corben´s Inn

It was still the old worn out roadside diner he remembered. Even fifty years later it hadn´t fallen apart or changed into a beauty queen. Obviously interior had been exchanged. But that was obviously a decade ago or something. They had by now adopted to the natural aura of aging that this café was radiating. And that was something comfortable. You did not find lots of these things, in these modern times. McDonald´s and Starbucks ruled the world. And John Henley found it increasingly hard to exist in it.

Lonely old fool. Are you now going to write a song about how things were better once?

The waitress had something rough about her. But not the kind off rough that was fitting for a place like this. John wondered what her story was. Obviously she reminded him of his wife. As did her younger counterpart or the elder woman in the kitchen. they all did. It was the place. In this place every woman had something of his dead wife in her. Something that was bound to this very wooden floor and hot air. Here he had met her. and one smile, one smile had made him fall for her.

He was ripped from his thoughts by the question what could be done for him.

"Oh, coffee, please. Lots of it. And anything that´s especially good? I wasn´t here in a long time, but I remember ole´ Mrs. Corben made a spectacular omelet, back then. There is not by accident a Corben still working here, making those, is there?" He asked and smiled at the woman. His head turned as a young man outside hammered his car-door into the lock. But he had seen more angry young men than him and he returned his gaze to the handsome waitress.

It was incredibly hot. almost as hot as on the day he met his Sue. "You are John Henley," she had greeted him. In her yellow dress and with her perfect blue eyes. "And you´re beautiful." He had replied. What a stupid thing to say to a lady. But back then it was so right. So true. And she believed him. She told him, he would still be John henley, when she was old. and he told her she would still be beautiful. His words were true. Not matter how old her skin became, or how thin the cancer made her . . . all her life she was beautiful. With these powerful blue eyes.

The Change. What change? Nothing would change? The world would probably burn, but she would still be dead. So what could truly change anymore? No, he would visit her, as soon as the gas returned here. And he would sit by her grave and sing a few songs to her. the ones she liked. Her song. Then he would lay down his guitar next to her grave and would never again sing a single tune. He swore. It was his final show. And it was only for her.

And only now he realized the tune playing. And smiled to himself. He did not listen a lot to his own stuff, but he especially liked that song. Because he had composed it when he had been happy. And with his wife. But only a second he was distracted, before his gaze returned to the waitress. Sharon. As her label told him.

Tag: DarthXan, DarkLordoftheFins

5. Mecatolrex

Mecatolrex Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2009
    IC: Alex Rouse
    Corben's Inn, Nevada

As he stood at one end of the counter waiting for the waitress to pass by him again, Alex was caught off-guard when she turned up right in front of him.

"Hi." she said calmly and politely, obviously busy but still stopping to cater to everyone in the establishment. Alex smiled back at her, studying her eyes and her face, her hair, a flaw, or in his case, a trademark of being an artist, he couldn't help but simply stare at her. He took a deep breath, still just smiling at her before his own voice in his head interrupted him. "Um, words? Try using words romeo..."

Before he could get anything out she spoke softly again; "Can I get you anything?"
    Finally, any longer and he might have been skipped over due to a lack of common courtesy to reply when spoken to. His previous idea to just ask for water was still his plan of approach.

"Right, hello, ah could I just ge-"
    She placed a glass in front of him and filled it with water before grabbing a menu and placing it before him. "Have you seen a menu?"

Alex smiled and thanked her. "Well there goes plan A." he thought. "If you don't mind I'll just look over the menu and hopefully have made a decision once you get back to me, you all seem to be quite busy at the moment."

TAG:SWBeauty,Fin, Anyone at Corben's

6. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    IC: Vashti Schick
    Corben's Inn

"If you don't mind I'll just look over the menu and hopefully have made a decision once you get back to me, you all seem to be quite busy at the moment."

"Of course. I'll be back in just a few minutes."

Vashti's fingers tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear before she nodded and left the boy to look over the menu. "I wonder if that was as awkward for him as it was for me. I didn't even give him my name."

Mentally berating herself, she moved on to the older man reading his bible, sneaking a glance at the passage he was reading.

"Mark 13. Unless the Lord had shortened those days, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect, whom He chose, He shortened the days."

Vashti refilled his cup of water as she nervously bit on her bottom lip.

"My father, Adam Schick has been speaking often on the end of the age. That was a verse I came across and remembered because I wonder what it would be like to see shorter days and who will get to see them. I mean, Joshua saw the sun stand still but who has seen the days grown shorter? Who are the elect and how will they know they are the chosen?"

It was such a morbid topic and probably not the best conversation starter. Her free hand floated above the counter to shake one of his.

"Vashti Schick, daughter of Adam Schick and Corben's Inn waitress."

A small giggle escaped her lips. She found it amusing that she could be more comfortable discussing scripture and the end of the world with an older stranger then discussing the menu with a boy her age. She knew she could blame it all on her upbringing.

Tag: TheSithGirly, Mecatolrex, Fin, others at Corben's Inn

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    OOC: A bit late, but luckily not too late! :D

Name: Maja Caspari (Alias: Jill Antomi, Michaela C.)

Nationality: Nepal/German

Faith: Knows how faith works in Nepal and in Germany. Can't decide to believe or not to believe. Sometimes she does.

Appearance: Normal good looking woman, middle blond hair, maybe with a glance of weakness in comparison to sportive men who loves weapons.

Special Skills/Areas of Expertise: Journalismus, Medicine/Research, English, German and a bit Napali (see bio for details)

Equipment: Her pen, her writing pad, her voice recorder and similar stuff that she needs for her work.

Bio: She was born in Nepal as a child of a German mother and an English father who works as a diplomat. She lived 12 years in Nepal. Then her mother decided that she wanted to go back to Germany and took her daughter with her.

Maja went to school in Hamburg and got her 'Abitur'. Although she was and still is highly interested in medicine and researches she went to university to study Journalism. Her basic job is one at a normal newspaper, but because of her interests she got the chance to write an article for the medicine/research part of that newspaper but under the name Jill Antomi. This is where her journalistic career started. Her articles are well researched and because of her high interest those articles are high quality. Nowadays she has a good reputation in certain circles - circles where people are really interested in research and don't just want to know what the yellow press says (called Express or Bild in Germany). Jill Antomi is known, but it's more the name than the person and she isn't as known as Angelina Jolie for example. To get there in the journalism business it will be a long long way, but maybe one day... who knows?

She lives alone in an average flat, although she could get a "better one", she loves the area where she lives and so she's happy. Only that she doesn't has a boyfriend at the moment makes her sad from time to time, but then she can go to one of her few friends. Speaking of friends, through her job she learned that not every person who's nice to someone is a nice person. So she knows that she has 'friends' and friends. And out of those real friends there are only two she would really trust. But at least she learned how to handle those 'friends' and so got a few more contacts and get to know rumors easily.

(GM approved)

8. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Father Joseph McEneny

...like gods...

The words fluttered across Father McEneny's mind as he peeked out through the screen separating his half of the confessional from the other, the memory of the dream that had shaken him to consciousness. The world was so much darkness these days. Like gods. In Christ's day, people were angered that He pardoned people for their sins; only God could do that. That particular argument had been leveled at many a priest, even Father McEneny. Of course, the priest only acted in persona Christi and wasn't actually responsible for absolving, but the point still nagged.

St. Thomas' Church. Named for the saint that doubted.

Not many people even came to confession, these days - more often than not the only people Joseph saw on any given day of the week were people that worked in the Church. Twice a week the basement filled with veterans, not all necessarily Catholic, but all in need of help and guidance. Father McEneny had served as a chaplain for a time, had never seen action, but he knew the plight of these men and sought to help where he could, particularly given how many men he saw returning home from the Middle East, maimed in body and soul. Today was one of those days, and the Father's drifting mind traveled to the rectory, where he could change out of his vestments and adopt the less imposing civilian clothes.

But then a man entered the confessional. In theory, this was all perfectly anonymous but in practice the Father knew very well that it was Roland Bloom, a man who attended the meetings and regularly attended confession beforehand. He spoke. "Bless me Father, for I have sinned. It has been 9 days since my last confession." He hesitated, building gravity. The man seemed agitated, but said rather matter-of-factly. "I have done something terrible."

Father McEneny shifted in his seat, and cleared his throat. He glanced sidelong through the screen, and saw Roland staring straight ahead of himself, glassy-eyes. "Tell me your sins."

TAG: GM

9. Ben_Stormrider

Ben_Stormrider Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2006
    OOC: Sith, I'm late.

Name: Hikaru Hoshi (in west writing style)
    Nationality: Japanese
    Faith: Japanese are Shinto, which is a shamanic religion, believing that there are uncountable gods in all creatures and things. For that, it wasn't any proble to adapt several buddhistic elements as well as to pray to gods of any other religion.
    Appearance: short, thin Japanese, Glasses
    Special Skills/Areas of Expertise: studies science of religion in hamburg, speeks german, english and of course japanese, tries to learn latin, was teached in Ken-Jutsu as a kid.
    Equipment: A small-as-possible netbook to be online around the clock.

Bio: Hikaru's father is priest of a shinto-shrine. From his birth on, it was Hikaru's destiny to be his father's successor one day. But the child wasn't eager enough to learn in traditional ways. Tea-ceremony was too boring, theater was a mere game for the boy and his wrting-skills were way too bad for caligraphie. The only way to put im on focus, was to train him in swordplay, so ken-jutsu was his daily prayer.

One day, 10 year old Hikaru came from school and was excited. He told his parents some things about europe and antique gods on a giant mountain, and drew pictures of white temples. Finally recocnizing a thing the boy had interest for, his father bought him some books with storys of greek gods and talked about theim with his son to teach him religion. It turned out reading storys from europe religions and legends would be the boys dearest thing to do.
    His wanderlust grew every day since.
    His faourite books are Homer's Ilias and Odyssee, the Nibelungen and Dan Brown's Robert Langdon trilogy.

When he was 15, he got his first Notebook for birthday, meant to support his religious studies per internet. But instead of learning, the Hikaru discovered the world of comics and animes in secret.
    When he was about to finish school, his father decided that his knowledge was not enough to be a priest yet. Hikaru was told to choose a location for study religions, and he chose to finally make his dream come true and visit Europe. His parents permitted him to, but his father expected him to work hard and return one day with new knowledge to reveal new religious elements to adapt in the local shinto, to make the shrine more popular.

He is now studying science of religion in Hamburg, living together with other students. Because he have been on a boys-only-school, his feelings getting quite weird when he's near to the girl. He chose to think about that fact. But strange events in his homeland and Kiel are distracting him. He's sure some gods have gone real mad about humans...

(GM approaved)

10. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I´d say we made a good start. I am looking forward so much to see this game unfold.

Chapter I: It´s all about the Benjamin´s . . . will be updated tomorrow. CS are incoming there and some replies still missing.

[color=crimson]
    [u][b]Chapter IV: An American Nightmare[/b][/u][/color]

[i]
    Corben´s Inn, Nevada, USA[/i]

Inside the people were still meeting, talking, eating, drinking in the afternoon heat of the remorseless desert. While outside [b]Gordon Russ[/b] jumped onto the back of his Pick-Up and began searching his cargo. He found what he was looking for in a long black bag hidden under several boxes with tools. He opened it and withdrew the black shaft of the rifle of his father. A pumpgun, made of darkened steel and glasfiber. A beautiful weapon for those who loved the feel of owning such a tool.

[image=http://www.hyattgunstore.com/images/P/main-759.jpg]

A look to the diner and he was sure, he was out of sight. They couldn´t see him.
    ?You think I would not get it? Fool my dad, but don´t you dare to FREAK with ME! Sick bastard! Bloody, sick bastard! Dammit, Corben. You played the wrong guys, you bastard. You freked with the freking WRONG GUY! You think you can make us look like fools? You think so?? He grabbed something from the bag and looked at it. A grin appeared on his face, as he saw the orange 12 gauge shell. ?You´ll see who the freking fool is. You´ll see you lousy bastard.? Gordon hissed and began searching for more of them. When he had found four, he began pulling them into the rifle one by one. ?When I am gone, I got the gas for my dad and all you will have is a hole in your had!? He barked out and pulled the pumping mechanism towards himself. A first shell entered the chamber as he slipped it back and Gordon looked up. The people in there could not yet see the gun. Probably his face, grinning like a parody of the young man they knew. ?Frekin´ hole in the head!? He repeated, only now realizing that some fluid had left his mouth and was tripping from it. He wiped it away and prepared to leap down from the truck.

Inside an old Lady, sitting near [b]John Henley[/b] sighed, as she saw out of the window. She could not see what the man was doing there in the backpart of his Pick-Up. But she actually did not look at him, but instead she looked into the desert. And nipped at her coffee. [b]Mara Morgan[/b] was a well known woman inside the town of Ely. A true believer. But she was also a woman who was . . . unusual. ?So sorry boy. You do not deserve that. Not now that you met a nice girl.?

[b]
    Tag: All. Or none, yet.[/b] Enjoy your posts with each other a little longer . . .

[hr]
    [color=red]
    [u][b]
    Chapter III: Safe From Harm[/b][/u][/color]

[i]
    Miracle of Science Bar&Grill, Boston, USA[/i]

[b]George[/b] laughed a little about [b]Riya McKenzie[/b]´s suggestion, that he was stalking her and leaned back. Somehow he managed to sound amused, without sounding hostile. ?I do stalking for a living, dear, so I prefer more direct approaches in private.? A boyish smile played around his lips but never surfaced. But his had turned to Moore who took over the talking. He had not answered her question how he knew. And he obviously did not intend to.
    [b]Prof. Moore[/b] pushed his glasses back to his nose with his index-finger and smirked about that comment. But he seemed not amused, but rather tense.
    ?Mr. Mosley works for the government, Miss McKenzie. It is part of his job to . . . observe. And analyse what he sees. My apologies on his behalf if he made you feel uneasy.? Moore nodded and send forced a smile on his face. One could see the pressure he was under. The burden he had to carry.
    ?My name is Professor Thomas Moore and this is my team of analysts. We have some especially difficult questions to answer and we wondered if a professionals opinion would not probably give us some insight. Would you mind join us for a coffee, Miss?? He asked in perfect eloquent politeness. The man to Riya´s left made her room, by standing up.
    ?If nothing else, you might learn how to spot a veteran, in a café in Bo

11. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Sharon Cosner
    Corben´s Inn, Nevada, USA

Sharon arched an eyebrow. An old-time regular, was he? That still didn't explain why he looked so damn familiar - she certainly hadn't been here all that long. Perhaps he had been a performer or public speaker of some sort - that face and smile was that of a man at ease in front of a crowd, and you didn't see many of those around.

"The Corbens do indeed still work here, and Mrs Corben still makes a fantastic omelette," she said, smiling back. She scribbled it down on her notepad and tucked it back in her pocket. "And I will be right back with your coffee."

Back behind the counter, Sharon tore off the notepad page and slid it through the kitchen window to Martha. "One omelette, house special," she called briskly. Not pausing to see if Martha got the order - she always did - Sharon took a coffee cup, saucer and teaspoon from the rack, slid the coffee pot out from under the machine, and made her way back to the man.

"Here you go," she said, setting the cup down in front of him and pouring out coffee. "Enjoy. Your omelette will be just a minute." She flashed him another smile and turned way.

Then she made her way back to the one who had tried to flag her down before, another middle-aged man - he had been sitting with a young man Sharon assumed was his son, but a glance told her the young man was now at the counter talking to Vashti. Sharon suppressed a smile and paused by his table. "Can I get you anything?"

Sharon was, of course, still entirely unaware as to the goings-on outside the diner. She had glanced out the window out of habit as she walked to and fro, but the view of back of the pickup truck - and the kid rummaging through it - was blocked by the truck itself. Out of sight, out of mind.

TAG: TheGoodImperial, Fins, others at the diner

12. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Jackson Clay
    Corben´s Inn, Nevada

"Vashti Schick, daughter of Adam Schick and Corben's Inn waitress." The young girl giggled and offered her hand.
    "Maybe we will see these days. If the wise men are right, this is the end of time. Although I am always suspicious of those to wise." He could not help himself, but smile at her. One could probably see, he did not do that a lot. Smile. "Who would have thought that behind that beautful face of yours, a true believer is hidng. Good girl, what a relief to meet you." He nodded and closed his book, reciting the next verses from his head. He knew every word, anyway. He read just for the experience to turn through his beloved pages.

"At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect?if that were possible. So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time."

With the last words he pointed at her and then his hand took her offer. He finally reached out for her hand and shook it. His fingers were used to hard work. One could easy see it had worked a lot in it´s lifetime.
    "Jackson Clay, dunno who my father was, but the Lord is my guide and I serve only him." He said with absolute seriousness. His gaze went to the boy at the counter. The one so obviously interested in her. Then his gaze returned to Vashti.

"What happened to your father, girl?" Jackson mustered her and gave the young man outside a short glance.

Tag: swbeauty, Fin, others

[b]Angela Janssen[/b]
    [i]Boston Medical Center, Trauma Ward[/i]

She hurried after [i]Dr. Anderson [/i] and pushed herself between the woman and the elevator.

"Why do you want me to stay away from the patient? Hm? First this thing last week and now this? he is my patient and he is serisouly ill. He can´t feel his legs and he might suffer from a failure of his nervous system or a trauma to his neck. Anyway, I have to check him up, or he might never walk again and what do you do? You tell an absurd tale about Ebola? No bleeding diathesis, no abdominal pain and not even fever! So how do you come to the conclusion he is infected?" Angela was angry now. Obviously things went wrong here and something very strange and very wrong was happening. She had always known Anderson was a pain, but this was bordering a crime. "Tell me what is going on here!" She demanded. And as she looked over to the aids of Anderson, she wondered why she had never seen these guys.

[b]Tag: LordT[/b]

13. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    GM-Update

Carl Weber
    Boston Medical Center

Weber turned his head and observed the young Doctor. As if he saw something there, that escaped the eye, if you glanced only quickly at the person. Then he smiled.
    "Actually i might be to healthy. Might be nothing and I am only to used to a good health!" He smiled. "You should not keep yourself busy with me. If the results are fine and your wife is surely waiting somewhere, just tell your superiors I was very satisfied with your services and send my best regards." He said and walked over to his jacket that hung at the wall. "A healer, isn´t it strange to be a healer in these times, Dr. Fossett?" He asked, as if talking about the weather and turned to the younger man again.

Tag: Spycoder

Dr. Jillian Anderson
    Boston Medical Center

"You, Mrs. Janssen, demand nothing of me. Who do you think you are? You will fix the patients you get, cut open and out whatever we tell you too and get a fantastic pay. But management, research, ethics, morality and integrity you please leave to us real doctors. And your Ego is best left to your therapist. You got one, right? If not, I´ll give you a few good addresses." With that Dr. Anderson shoved Janssen aside. Wondering if she would become a problem and if it was already to late to get rid of it, before it became a serious concern she pulled the key into the console and turned it. The elevator began descending immediately. And not towards the quarantine station.

Tag: TheSithGirly

14. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    Corben's Inn

"Jackson Clay, dunno who my father was, but the Lord is my guide and I serve only him."

"What happened to your father, girl?"

This was such a strange encounter. Vashti couldn't decide if the man was unfriendly or if he was just very serious. First he smiles as if he was happy to meet her and now, she wondered if he was upset. Dropping his hand, she tried to find the right words to answer his question. She had assumed he was here because of her father, but that was wrong. Her eyes followed his to the boy next to them before returning back to the man across from her and their conversation.

"Well Mr. Clay, my father is Adam Schick, the minister." Her eyebrows raised, trying to see if he recognized the name. "He is the minister of the Truth congregation in Ely. Everyone from here knows him. I have a business card." Reaching into her pocket she pulled out a small card with her fathers picture on it. "Do you want one? We would love to have you visit. Father would love to talk to a man as well versed in his bible as you are."

Vashti realized she had been rambling. "I'm sorry. I went on a little tangent there." Her eyes rolled at him showing she was annoyed with herself.

"Anyway, to answer your question, my father is alive and well. I serve the Lord, don't get me wrong, but I also serve my father and our congregation as well as the customers here." A smile spread on her lips at her little joke.

15. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Episode One, Chapter Two
    In Character: Dr. Camden Fossett
    Boston Hospital, Boston

After hearing Carl, he stood, surprised at how fast this conversation had went. And then he wondered what Carl meant. ?I guess, Mr. Weber. Are you sure you don't need help?? then answering his own question, he made his way to the clerk's desk, dropping his jotted notebook on the counter. ? It's been a ruff day, Gina,? Camden told the secretary, and then made his way on toward the elevator. As he arrived at the steps of the hospital, he admired where he worked. Everyday around here got stranger and stranger, but today had been the worst, with Mr. Weber.

As Camden opened his door to his Mercury Mariner he had owned for years now, he slipped inside, driving along the road. As he arrived home, he admired his house, walking slowly and surely. He admired the manacured lawn, and the wonderful artwork of the house. As he stepped opened the door, his wife wrapped her arms around him. ?I heard you pull up!? she said, kissing him on the cheek. Pulling back, she looked into his eyes.

?What is troubling you honey??
    she asked, and then kissed him again. ?Mr. Weber just left. There seems to be nothing more about him. But I feel a strange vibe,? Camden laid his briefcase down, slipping his back coat off. As he walked on towards the kitchen, he grabbed his regular cup of coffee. ?I treasure these moments, honey,? she told him, and patted his back as she grabbed her a cup. He noticed she was in her robe, and kissed her again.

?About the child thing, honey, I have been thinking about it and if God believes we need a child, then we will have one,? Camden said, and then Carly reached up and kissed him fully on the lips. ?OH thank you Camden! We are going to have a child!? she cried, and then started to laugh. Sitting down, Camden looked toward her again, and then looked toward the bedroom. Giving a sly grin, she dropped her coffee mug on the floor, spilling it. Camden sat his down more calmly, and ran into the bedroom, Carly following.

Several minutes later, the mailman arrived, knocking. ?Mr. Fossett, I forgot to drop off your mail!? he shouted, and Camden came out of the bedroom, his wife's robe rapped around him. As he accepted the paper, his wife came out. ?That was AMAZING!? she shouted out loud, and Camden laughed. Laying down on the couch, they cuddled, turning the TV on. Camden was at peace, Mr. Weber gone from his mind.

TAG: Anyone

16. Republic_Anvil

Republic_Anvil Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2009
    Chapter II
    My Name is Caleb

[b]Crime Scene - Chinatown, Boston
    June 6th, 2012
    02:30 [/b]

[i]?Do we know who she is yet??[/i]

Smith looked up from the laptops he was working at.

?Working on that now sir. I have her fingerprints running through AFIS (Automatic Fingerprint Identification System), and her photos are running through the Facial Recognition Systems. As soon as I know, you?ll know boss.?

Smith went back to the laptops, as a portly man in a white coat walked up to Vince.

?Evening Inspector.? Ryan Ward, assistant Medical Examiner for the Boston area, greeted Vince with his usual charm and a perpetual smile that nobody can remember ever being off his face.

Ward handed Vince a clip board.

?My initial findings suggest she died from strangulation, though an autopsy is needed to confirm. Her liver temperature suggests she has been dead for approximately four hours. Also the?? he fumbled for the right way to say it ?..words were carved into her head postmortem.?

?Boss!? Smith was beckoning to Vince from his laptops. ?I?ve got an ID on our dead girl.? On the laptop was a file.

[blockquote][i]
    [hl=black][color=white]Vancurren, Lidyah Ann[/color]__________[color=white]DLN/86558745888[/color]__________________[color=white]EXP:08-2014[/color]
    [color=white]14058 West 8th Street[/color]_______________________[color=white]BOSTON[/color]_________________[color=white]MA 02101
    RENEWED/05-2012[/color]
    [color=white]DOB/05-17-1980[/color]_______[color=white]GENDER/F[/color]_____[color=white]RAC/W[/color]_____[color=white]HGT/511[/color]_____[color=white]WGT/140[/color]_____[color=white]EYE/BLU

STATUS:[/color]_____[color=white]****FLAGGED****[/color]______________________________[color=white]TRAFFIC RECORD=YES[/color]
    [color=white]CLASS:[/color]__________[color=white]D[/color]_______________________[color=white]ENDORSEMENTS: NONE[/color]

[color=white]FLAGGED= FAILURE TO APPEAR[/color]
    _____________[color=white]WARRANT ISSUED[/color]
    [color=white]----------------[/color]
    [color=white]CASE: CM-55874
    DATE FILED: 05-16-2012
    PARTY(S) INVOLVED: LIDYAH VANCURREN
    OFFENSES: PROSTITUTION
    CONNECTION TO CASE: SUSPECT
    CASE ENTRIES: SUSPECT JAILED, SUSPECT RELEASED ON BAIL.

CASE: CF-08854
    DATE FILED: 05-18-2012
    PARTY(S) INVOLVED: LIDYAH VANCURREN, SAMUEL CHASE
    OFFENSES: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
    CONNECTION TO CASE: VICTIM[/color]
    [color=white]----------------[/color][/i][/hl][/blockquote]

[B]TAG: ThreadofFate[/b]
    [hr]
    [b] Boston Family Pharmacy ? North of Chinatown, Boston
    June 6th, 2012

[i] ?Hello. This is Detective Rosheen Sharma, requesting a bus at?what the name of this store?isokay?requesting a bus at Boston Family Pharmacy. I have an officer down. We need a bus, immediately. Thank you.?[/i]

?Detective Sharma, we copy your request. Back up is en route ETA ten minutes.?

?

He was beside where the window was shot out, but not in clear sight of the shooter. He drew in a breath. [i]?Hi, this is Detective Sharma, I?m going to need you to lower your weapon and come out.?[/i]

There was no answer.

He recalled what he heard over the radio.[i] ?I heard you saying not me?Is there someone else in there with you??[/i]

This time he received an answer. A single gunshot, and what sounded like a body hitting the floor.

?NOT ME!? The unseen man laughed in the darkness. It wasn?t a laugh of enjoyment but one of frustration.

Adam780, who had retrieved his shotgun, waved to get Sharma?s attention. He held up two fingers and then clicked his thumb. It was SWATs signal to go to the tactical channel on the radio.

[Adam780][i] "I think he just wasted a hostage, sir." [/i]

[b]Tag: Blubeast1237[/b]
    [hr]
    [B]Boston Commons ? Central Commons
    June 6th, 2012

The bum had stopped walking. He stood there in the middle of the path mumbling to himself.

?Must find him. Must find me??

He was interrupted by movement to his right. Out of the bushes another homeless man emerged.

?John, man I haven?t seen you in days. I was worried something might have happened to you? John? John are you alright? J

17. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Jackson Clay
    Corben´s Inn

He watched the card, while she talked about serving her church, father and diner and Jackson realized he gave her another smile. two in a day was pretty good for him. His gaze on the card softened and he did not longer watch it, as if he might catch a deadly disease by looking at it. Instead he took it and nodded, grateful.
    "Tangent? How could one servant of god be tangent when inviting another one to her community. That is very generous of you. I´ll make sure to come by and meet your father and congratulate to his daughter." He said, sounding like a priest suddenly. Jackson had not wished for these many faces. Live had given them to him. The lord must have wished it so.

Something inside of him stirred. The old instinct. Looking at the girls face, he damned himself. Some things did not change. Some demons haunted you as long as you existed. Awaiting your death to drag you to hell, no matter what you did about it.

"So, I see Ely has a strong shield of faith in these dark times. That is a comforting news." He smiled and nodded. Folding his hands over the unopened menu. "Tell me, is there anything you can recommend? I missed the southern food on my travels. I really did."

Tag: Swbeauty, Fin

[b]
    Angela Janssen[/b]
    [i]Boston Medical Center[/i]

"Yeah and my patients are best left to you, Dr. Anderson. not with me, you bi . . ." She hammered into the elevator door, as she cursed out. Dr. Anderson heard none of it, obviously. She was already gone. Frustrated and embarrassed be her loss of control she massaged her hand, as she turned around and looked up at the display. She wanted to know to which level Anderson brought her. Because the key suggested, not everybody was allowed to go there. In her mind she skipped through the people who knew their way around in here and who might have had a rush on her or probably owed her.

Dr. Anderson had not only taken away patients, she had also made her feel stupid. And last thing was harder to swallow for her than anything. But especially something was wrong with this aggressive way of taking her patients from her. And Angela would find out. She had just decided she would find it out and if it was not legal, make sure Dr. Anderson and her fake Ebola-Virus would get what she deserved.

Calling the Dean was to early. But calling some friends to see if they knew anything about new Ebola from Angola in the middle of Boston, did not hurt . . .

Things like that made their way around, in the community.
    [b]
    Tag: Anvil[/b]

18. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: I feel like experimenting with the IC, these days . . . so Thomas will be from the 1st Person Perspective, too. I´ll also try something more minimalistic with him . . . not for lazyness, but for effect . . .

Thomas Schröder
    Reeperbahn, Somewhere in the Night

"Laura?" I hear myself ask that question, feel my feet carry me towards he. and only as I near her, I know who she is. "Laura." I say again and smile. And laugh. And she says something, but that doesn´t matter.

It is alright.

I smile and it is alright.

I wonder if I took a pill, that night. But I think I am only high on love.

[i]Krieger.[/i] I am sitting in the kitchen. It must be terrible early in the morming and I have no idea how I got here. But three empty cans of Red Bull suggest, it was not sleepwalking. And my head begins to nod to the beat, as I stand up a little to energetic . . . [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEn1YqfADuw][i]Der Krieger erwacht, er wurde über Nacht zum Krieger gemacht, macht sich bereit, hat sich gedacht, wir ham' die längste Zeit, Zeit mit Warten verbracht, Zeit mit Worten verbracht[/i][/link] I sing along an drum the text on the kitchen table, as I get an old bread and some Nutella from the cupboard. [i]es uns bequem gemacht, doch jetzt macht sich Zeitlosigkeit breit[/i]

[i]Zeitlosigkeit.[/i] Yes, exactly what I embrace in that moment. Closing my eyes, my Ipod still in my ears and my body spasming in the rythm of the bass of the song.

The word vanishes. Change? there is no change. Only me and Laura and the Fanta 4. I feel great. I feel amazing. Heard, drugs do that to you . . .

[i]Ein Gefühl wie ein Schild. [/i]

[b]Tag: Fin[/b]

19. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Father Josephy McEneny

?I . . .? the man paused. ?I . . . I cut her open, Father.? He sobbed. ?I cut her open.?

It took a moment for this to fully register with the Priest. He wasn't sure what he'd heard, or why what he'd heard was strange. It was a statement that was so bizarre it didn't even enter fully into his consciousness before a few moments had passed. It played again and again in his brain until finally the priest shuddered. But the man went on.

?I cut her open, Father. I did it. Blood! So much blood, Father. So much . . .!? Who was he talking about? He had a wife. Roland was married. No. No no no. ?Can the Lord forgive me? Father, can he ever forgive me? Oh my god, what have I done!? He was shouting.

"Quiet, Roland!" the Priest hissed. "What do you mean you cut her open? You cut who open? The Lord's love is perfect and He may be angry, but He will be merciful."

TAG: GM

20. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Chapter One: It´s all about the Benjamins . . .

Tarpenbekstrasse 55, Eppendorf, Hamburg

Hikaru Hoshi was an early bird. Religion, discipline, years of training. But since he had come to Hamburg, he had realized there was one species on the world that was even harder than any monk, when it came to being up in the morning. Excessive urban males. Like Tom Schröder who seemed to sleep only every few days and then most of the time in the afternoon, so he did not miss the parties. So Thomas was in the kitchen, dancing, listening to the Ipod in his ears, eyes closed, when the Japanese exchange student came there. He probably did not realize there was anybody else.

And from the third of four rooms an aggressive sound came, waking up Laura Blohm, who had cried herself into the sleep. Strange dreams had continued, but it was better now, that the son had come up and the world was . . . well . . . grey and rainy as usually in Hamburg. She was already late for her appointment with Prof. Christianson-Finke, her friend and mentor. And she could not get there late. Or she would kill her.

Tag: SirakRomar, BenStormrider, LordTroepfchen

Airport Hotel - Now ESTI Command, Bremen

Jonas nodded. "Nuked. Unknown nuclear warhead of unknown origins. Right now we all just pray our experts are wrong and we see a plant has gone up, but these days? No damned way." He clapped his shoulder. "I guess you will be more interested in the small screens, they show the footage of our probes that have entered Kiel. And we got reports from some strange behavior of people in two villages in France as well as a town in Italy, where something described as a "giant black lizard" was seen. So, we will be busy, it sounds." He smirked. "Even without China beginning World War Three." He sighed. "We got your working place over there." He pointed to the corner of the room. "But if you want an advice from a man who´s been in here for a week or two . . . clean up your life first, then go to work. Once you´re in, there is no out. The Change never sleeps, never waits, never stops to surprise you." He nodded, clapped his shoulder again and turned to several analysts.

They discussed if a human shadow was seen on the picture of a house wall in Kiel. On the first look Christianson would have said, yes. And it was the shadow of someone screaming in pain . . .

Or imagination was playing with him.

Tag: Mitth-Fisto

Caspari´s Flat, Geschwister-Schollstr., Eppendorf Hamburg

Maja Caspari woke up as her mobile rang. The business one, she used under one of her pseudos. It rang and rang and once it ended, it began anew. Until she took it. The voice on the other side was so calm, it bordered insanity. "The answer is here in Hamburg. You want to know what happened in Kiel? Why don´t you ask DJ Dexter?" The voice said and then there was only a sound, as the line was disconnected. A man, probably young. And made very sure she understood every word.

That was not that unusual. Crazies having "The Story" were pretty normal in her biz. What was more frightening was her Laptop was now active and a my Space profile was visible there. DJ Dexter was looking at her in all his glory.

[image=http://www.danielbruhl.com/grafika/nowinki/welcome.jpg]

She had probably left her Laptop on, over night. That happened. But DJs were not really her field of interests. Whoever did this, made hell of an effort to give her a push into the right direction . . .

Tag: Skiara

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Lilith
    Palace, Nepal

Lilith dwelt upon reality, upon past, present, future. Today, she was Lilith, herself, after a fashion. To be so many things, otherwise... it was refreshing to be herself as everything ended. Well, that is what it felt like was coming. The King was but a pawn in someone elses' game, she supposed. They were all pawns, in the mind of someone who would classify powerful tyrants, sprawling governments and ancients as 'pawns', she also supposed. Lilith had her legs crossed, left over right, eyes not open, but also not closed, as she meditated. It wasn't really meditating, in the traditional sense. Just... considering. Lilith was not all fire and passion, not after all her years. In fact, she would consider her time with Henry to be the turning point in such fire; he'd nearly got her head, bless him. Picking more quiet men from then on had been her way... well, maybe not with Benito, but what can you do - a girl needs some fun once every century...

Lilith turned her mind to Rufus, beautiful Mr Jameson. The beauty being how simple he all was... which was wonderful, in a situation like the King had woven... a blind fool. As Lilith watched him, she noticed she had an itch. Ah well, she thought. It was getting close to morning anyway. She unfolded and refolded her legs, making a very slight noise. Rufus snapped his hand out, and drew his gun. Lilith didn't even twitch.

"Sorry, jetlag always makes me a little . . . tense." Lilith paid the man no heed, at least in his physical level of danger. A mere bullet wouldn't kill her. Though it would hurt ridiculously.

"No, I apologise for disturbing you. I woke you, anyway."

"You got fire? I mean some that actually can light a cigarette?" The zippo sparked, once, twice, thrice, and Lilith's eyes moved from Rufus's eyes to the little contraption. Her eyebrows raised, a little. She stood, slowly, pushing down the ruffles of her dress - not quite fast enough, but enough - and turned to the balcony again. She didn't say anything, because she sensed the man would probably make another comment quick enough...

Or I´ll have to burn the palace to get this cigarette on!"

There we were. Lilith looked back at Rufus. "You assume I have space for a lighter on this ensemble?" She canted her head, a perceptive expression that was manufactured. "Having trouble settling in, Mr. Jameson?" She leaned forward on the chair and patted his thigh, his leg slightly askew from beneath the covers due to his quick rise, allowing their skin to meet before she stood, smoothing her dress back down, unconscious gestures that accentuated his vision of her.

"Care to dress? We'll need to move, soon."

TAG: Sir_Draco

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Godot
    Boston Commons ? Central Commons
    June 6th, 2012
    02:30

Godot came to a stop as he saw a second man approach his only lead. The man - Dave - apparently was an acquaintance of Godot's lead- John. From the sound of it, though, John was not right. It was about this time that John lunged forward and bit Dave.

Godot sighed. John was not Caleb, nor did Godot sense Caleb in him. But there was still the possibility that he knew where Caleb was. Dave's safety, on the other hand, did not concern Godot.

With characteristic subtlety, Godot drew his twin handguns, blacker than even the gloves he wore.

He trained both guns on John. "What do you know of Godot?" he asked, his voice as calm as ever.

TAG: Anvil

23. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Talbot Kincade
    Apartment 3F ? Chinatown
    June 6th, 2012
    02:30

Talbot watched silently as the door opened just a crack and a pair of dark eyes peered out into the hallway. He probably should have expected a shut in, some paranoid freak who was worried about the government watching him through the infrared receiver on his television set. The kind that would place aluminum foil on his head so as to block out the aliens. What made Kincade chuckle inside was the thought that this was his government contact. So either the man was paranoid for other reasons or he had no idea just how much his paranoia was founded in fact.

?Who are you and what the F?. Kincade??

The man's realization as to who he was, and the fact that he didn't even allow Kincade the moment to tip his hat and introduce himself was puzzling. He knew the man would have knowledge of his impending arrival, but the way the sight of Kincade had sparked moments of memories in the man's eyes implied that this person knew Talbot on some level. Yet Talbot, who prided himself on remembering faces, had no idea as to this man's identity though he assumed it was the Garrett Salon he'd been sent to contact.

The man shut the door, and removed the chain. He threw the door wide. ?Kincade! How the hell are ya??

What stood before Talbot was a skinny, frail, man who looked like he'd belong in a trailer park but not in the Chinatown district of a city like Boston. Talbot was certain that he'd never seen this man before, but if the man wanted to act like friends, well...Talbot could go along with that. "I'm doing just fine considering the circumstance." He greeted, following the man's lead inside the door. The man seemed to nervously ignore the pleasantries as he looked down the hall again before closing the door and resetting the chain. It was then that Kincade followed the chain to a claymore mounted inside the doorframe. Clever, I'll have to use that.

?Man I have heard a lot about you Kincade. I can?t believe I am finally getting to work for ya.? The man finally realized he had forgotten to introduce himself. ?Sorry, I?m Garrett. Anything you need you just let me know.?

Removing his white fedora, and placing it atop what would have to pass for a coat hanger in this room, Talbot nodded. "Pleasure to meet you, Garrett. You already know who I am, so why don't we continue with what needs to be done?"

Garrett smiled like a fox in a chicken coop. ?Let me show you around.? He flipped on the lights. ? over here is your work bench, I stocked it for ya but if its missing anything let me know, over here is the couch, which has a comfy pull out in it. The kitchen is over there, sorry its empty I don?t shop at grocery stores anymore?? Garrett pulls a small cell phone from his pocket. ?If you need me you can call me on this. I?m in the speed dial.?

Talbot took the cell phone and placed it inside his pocket, watching as the nervous man decided this was enough for one day and left through the fire escape. Talbot was about to ask him a question, but he was already half way down the fire escape. Well, I'll just find it myself, then.

And so Talbot began searching the apartment for the list of names he was supposed to kill. The people whom he would need to get to know a little better, get their routines down, maybe even befriend one or two, and then the chaos could begin. Sweet, sweet, chaos.

TAG: Republic_Anvil

24. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Episode One, Chapter Two
    In Character: Dr. Camden Fossett
    (NPC's: Carly Fossett, Gina)

Boston Medical Center, Boston

Camden awoke as the phone rang, a loud noise that shattered all peace around him. His pet dog Sniffles was barking, and Carly was moving beside him. Camden sat up, throwing his legs over the side of the bed. Pulling his glasses from the bedside, he rubbed his eyes, looking at his sleepy self in the mirror. His hair was a mess, a wild monster mess. He bent down and picked up the phone, which happened to be on the floor with piles of clothes and assorted other items. After he pressed the SEND button, he answered with a sleepy 'Hello'.

?Camden. We are FLOODED with patients. I know you are supposed to come in right now, but the hospital could use your help,? Gina, the receptionist and one of Camden's friends said. Camden sighed, looking down at his beautiful wife curled up into the covers, her face content. He could never let anything happen to her, could never let her get hurt. He then turned his eyes towards the phone, which was silent.

?Gina, how many exact patients do we have?? he asked, and was shocked at the answer. The hospital had never been flooded this bad, and Camden almost doubled over at the number. She also mentioned that some doctors were off on vacations, or currently out of commission. Camden agreed to come in, making his way towards the shower as he shut the phone off with a slight ping. As he stepped quietly towards the shower, he stepped on a squeaky toy from the dog. His wife groaned and then sat up stretching her arms. As she looked toward him, she sighed at how he had the phone. She had seen him like this so many times, going into work and leaving her all alone. She stood up, stepping slowly.

?Camden, where are you going?? she asked, and he took her in his arms, hugging her tightly. She just walked on, ignoring more conversation, as memories of the prior night flooded her mind. While she had enjoyed it, she had watched Camden wither in his sleep, cries and screams of help as he sweated. She had cried for him to wake up until she fell asleep, and now he seemed so relaxed, she wondered what had went on in his big head of his.

Camden turned his shower on and then the nightmare came in his mind again, the dream of the woman with no mouth, the strange voice, and also his wife reaching for him. He remembered reaching for her, but every time he let go. Camden stepped into his shower, letting the water relax his tensed shoulders. For now he was at peace.

Arrival at hospital

Camden walked in, speaking with Gina and heading toward the ER. As he walked in, action was all around him. He wasn't used to all this noise, people running around everywhere. He stepped forward, only for a stretcher to go flying past him, an old woman screaming as she yanked on her covers. He almost cried at her efforts for him to put her out of her misery.

Walking on further, he looked around, and then waited for assistance.

TAG: TheSithGirly, Republic_Anvil

25. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    Corben's Inn

Watching his face, Vashti realized that the man, Mr. Clay, wasn't mean at all but troubled by something. He seemed as if the world was going to end and he knew it but couldn't stop it. What was bothering him so much? He smiled at her but his smiles lasted for only a few seconds before they were gone, making one wonder if it really had been there.

"So, I see Ely has a strong shield of faith in these dark times. That is a comforting news." "Tell me, is there anything you can recommend? I missed the southern food on my travels. I really did."

She had been staring at him and hoped he hadn't noticed.

"Um...", she started, trying to regain her composure. "Yes, Ely is a faithful town for the most part. It is wonderful being surrounded by believers at almost all times."

Was he a priest? She could see him being a priest. Or maybe he was just a man with a deep faith who enjoyed his studying.

"Well, we have quite the selection around here. Mrs. Corben is a wonderful cook. The omelets are great or there are the burgers. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the choices but I would recommend the bacon burger with a little extra ketchup and mayo."

Leaning on the counter space between the man and the boy she'd talked to earlier, she watched him again.

"So Mr. Clay, what will it be for you today?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.