main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Thriller The Sins of the Sons

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by DarkLordoftheFins, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Sumiko Nakamura
    Jabe Hospital, Tokyo

The nurse standing above her kept trying to reassure her, but Sumiko?s mind was whirling regardless. A chill ran through her body as took in a deep breath, exhaling slowly to try an calm herself down. The nurse encouraged her and slowly the sound of her heart rate monitor decreased to a steadier pace. Her eyes started adjusting more to the artificial light in the room, but they still stung. The man on the mobile phone had turned away from everybody, his words hard to make out. It Didn?t take long for him to finish his call, and then he turned, looking at the bed ridden girl in the face. Their eyes met for only a moment, but something about his gaze made her feel uneasy. He then turned on his heel as left the room, passing an elderly doctor as he entered.

?Hello Sumiko, I am Doctor Nakamura. You are save here. You are in the Jabe-hospital in Tokyo. You and some passengers from your flight have been ill, but now you are awake and that is a good sign. Tell me, do you experience any headache or dizziness??

Sumiko took a moment to take in the Doctors words, again the encounter with the dark haired boy surfaced in her mind. She remembered Andreas wide eyes, unblinking, unmoving. Reaching up to the breathing mask she gingerly pulled in down and off her face. She didn?t feel dizzy, and her headache had faded, but the unpleasant experience of switching time lines and realities weighed heavily on her mind. Not that she could tell the doctor about that without being referred to the psychiatric ward. She tried to push herself up to sitting but groaned as her aching body protested. She looked at the doctor, concern in her eyes and in her voice

?The others? Andrea-san? Sarah? Are they alright? What about Vincent-san? Please doctor, can I see them??

TAG: Fins

2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: In the interest of the game as a whole Fin decided to remove those players who haven´t responded for a longer period of time from the game and hereby he will do exactly that. So this is GM requested.

Karl Weber
    The House

Waking up in the dark, cold desert had changed. Another sign of his fall into humanity. Of his descend into the vulnerable human form.

"Sharon?" He sat up and looked around. They had shared their blankets, one for each of them. But all there was left was the empty, improvised sleeping arrangments. Next to sharon´s "bed" lay the gun he had givne her. she had owned two then. Maybe she had left that one next to her, before she fell asleep. And therefore it had stayed when she had vanished . . . returned.

He had to smile, but it was a bitter, hurtful smile. So much for best laid plans, right? What had happened? Had someone found the facility? Even if so, that shouldn´t have changed a thing. No, it´s probably me.

But why? There was no way to ever know.

He stood up slowly, shocked his bones were actually aching. He had never understood suicide, how people could shorten their already limited existence. But since he expeirenced the suffering a human body had to get through every day, he understood, why you needed purpose or this was simply not worth it. He picked up the gun and checked the magazine. What actually should he do with a gun? Kill someone?

So when Caleb came after him, he would be alone. If he died and he still thought it was most likely he did, so would the last chance to set things right.

We once were God, wasn´t it our place to protect humanity from this? Wasn´t it you, most powerful among us to make things right? To lead humanity around these icebergs, while it was swimming in the stream of evolution towards it´s ascension?

The voice of Tony had become an unusual often visitor, these days. Maybe a sign of a developing psyche, resembling that of a human? If so, he certainly was running out of time. He had seen too much to expect sanity to be an option.

"I gave them civilisation. My whole existence I dedicated to the single mission to lead them softly, but as fast as possible to higher understanding. To develop thier potential. I always, always thought I´d see the future. How could I guessthis? How could I avoid the collision, if I did not even knew here was an iceberg to begin with?" Of course this discussion was one-sided. The inner voice never had the politeness to answer.

Slowly, still cowering next to the empty imrpovised bed he turned. Someone was coming. Not all of his inhuman senses were gone. And he felt someone was coming.

Another new experience awaited him he had witnessed a million times, but never falt himself. Like nations, races, species and individuals had so often before, for Karl Weber a desperate struggle for survival had begun.

"Time to play that ace, is it?"

Tag: Fin

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Different than the rother game of this beauty, we don´t have Chapters here or defined Acts. But for those interested, I have those in my mind. I just decided not to use them as a sign of progression around here. But we have reached the End of ACT I and the Beginning of ACT 2 with these posts now.

On another word, I hereby have the sad duty to announce . . . I take over all characters not responding to tags for more than 14 days. You want your character back? PM me. But I don´t guarantee you get him back unharmed. ;)

Now on with the show . . .

[i]The House . . . [/i]

Someone was coming. Indeed.

The lights were blinding and seemed to hint at the coming doom as they announced the arrival of a car outside. And it was a cold night indeed.
    For a second he saw it before him, actually. The other Karl. Carl. Standing over a hospital bed in some underground facility and pushing the button. Sharon before him in a bed coming back to life with a deep, desperate breath and then collapsing. Why? He seemed to look at Karl and grin. Why? Because I found the answer, my old friend, because I found the answer. Wait. Wait. You will see.

Karl´s vision, real or not, broke apart as if the echo that had crossed the world and time itself was lost in the static of sounds the unfolding events produced.
    And people left the car outside.

[b]Tag: LordT
    [/b]

[i]
    The Road . . . [/i]

Silence. All that was between the three was silence, as they drove into the night. The car was fast, smelling brand new and feeling comfortable. After a quarter hour of driving in silence the young man who had taken the wheel suddenly snapped forward and with a frustrated his he activated the CD player.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FboDWxVuxc&feature=relmfu]
    The song that began playing seemed strangely out of place.
    [/link]

Then he kept on driving. Biting his lip. Becoming nervous, like a junkie missing the shot.
    Any attempt to talk he only killed with a ?shut up I am driving? until they finally arrived.
    He just suddenly turned the wheel left and hit the breaks, stopping right before the small European car that someone had parked at the side of the road. How he had spotted it in the almost perfect dark of this Nevada night was a mystery. But it was neither dust covered nor did it look very rusty. Not as new as the young man´s car. But certainly newer than anything else around here.
    ?There we are. Told you we´ll find ´em.? The young man grinned and he took something from the bag to his feet that looked like a very old antique gun

[image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4036/4448875697_6df6c712b7.jpg]

?Looks like everybody except you got a gun, hm? Want one, old man? Sorry, got no spare.? He asked the priest and then looked at Andy. ?Let´s go and look for Karl.?

[b]Tag: TSG, Spy[/b]

[i]The Ruins . . . [/i]

?Sarah? Is that you Sarah?"

Just as her back hit the wall, the voice from above was hear, almost apologizing.
    ?I thought it was . . . one of them. Sarah, I am sorry! I won´t harm you!?
    She heard something heavy dropped two stories above, as she reached the door. Inside it was barely a building anymore. More like a skeleton of crumbling walls, rusting steel and giant holes.

?It is me? Stuart? I got no weapon now!?

[b]Tag: Sirak[/b]

[hr]

[i]The Hospital . . . [/i]

The Doctor looked for a moment at her, obviously not understanding a word, then she got it and took the list on her clipboard. ?Sandra Brandt you mean? She is here. And Andy would be Andrea Baker? I am afraid I have no Vincent on the list, but maybe he is not in coma. We only have the four people who still are in coma here. Mr. Weber and Mrs. Brandt and Baker and you.? With a smile she looked up. ?But don´t worry, now that you are awake we have the hope the medics we gave you will work and the others will soon wake up, too."

The woman now pushed away the curtain covering the left door and in quarantine cells like hers were the bodies of Sarah an

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Sarah Brandt
    The Ruins

Sarah had hoped she would find him. Sarah had been afraid to find him.

The man of her dreams, in the truest sense of the word. The man she had dreamt about for yers now. And he seemed to be real.

"Yes it is me. Yes." She replied and the grip aro8und the gun became tighter.

"Come out!"

Who was he? Had she been here before? Why? How? where was here? Dreamlands? Was she in the dreamslands she had read about? Or had she woken up.

"If you are Stuart come out and tell me what your favourite flower is." She turned around the corner, gun first and waited for him to show himself at the stairs.

Sumiko. She just Sumiko wasn´t coming back yet. Or taken away by . . . dammit. So much things to do in such little time.

5. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Andrea "Andy" Rebecca Baker
    Roads, Desert

Andy climbed into the back seat, sitting alongside the Priest. Even though the man named John claimed the Priest was a serial killer - and for some odd reason, she believed it - she would rather sit with the serial killer Mr. Abec had wanted her to be with than this new madman. John sat down in the front seat and turned the car on. As the air began to blow, Andy was overpowered with that fresh new car smell. It had never been fresh to her, even as a child. Too strong, made her nauseated. Perhaps the man had planned this. He knew so much already. Uncomfortable for the first piece of the journey, Andy found it hard to absorb the silence. No one was speaking. She wanted to say things, to ask questions, but then again she was afraid of the answers.

Suddenly, the man jerked forward, and with a snap of his fingers on the dashboard, the radio came on. Music blasted from the speakers, except it was oddly comforting. Not good for the situation, as Andy wished to stay alert, but comforting. And she remembered the song. Watching John through the mirror, she noticed the way he bit his lip. Many of her high school friends had that same look on their face. Drug addiction was not a fun thing to be around. And she learned that the hard way.

?Do you know where we are going?? She blurted out, but only after finding the courage in herself to speak.

?shut up I am driving.?

Frowning, Andy just looked down to the gun in her lap. She could just pick up her gun, shoot both of them in the head, and then shoot herself. Be done with everything. She didn?t think she could continue on in this old world without the one man who had saved her life. The darkness on the desert was eerie. Pitch black. Almost soothing. Andy didn?t even realize she had fallen asleep until the car suddenly swerved. She yelped as she head slapped the windshield. Rubbing her sore head, she tried to see why they had stopped.

?There we are. Told you we´ll find ´em.?

Andy finally noticed the European car parked in front of them. She realized then that this was it. The final countdown. Butterflies fluttered around in her stomach as John discussed the absence of the Priest?s weapon. He then turned to look directly at her. She met his eyes, finding a strength in his than she couldn?t in herself.

?Let´s go and look for Karl.?

Andy nodded as she opened her car door and stepped out. Into the pitch black. Was she crazy? Could this all be a fevered dream? Andy didn?t think so. She didn?t think she was bright enough to concoct something so elaborate and complicated in her mind.

?I?m as ready as I?ll ever be.?

She called back to John. She didn?t know if he heard her. She didn?t even care, really. This man knew exactly where her mind was. She still harbored a hope that Vincent would be saved.

And she would be the one save him.

TAG: Fins, TSG

6. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Jabe Hospital, Tokyo

?Sandra Brandt you mean? She is here. And Andy would be Andrea Baker? I am afraid I have no Vincent on the list, but maybe he is not in coma. We only have the four people who still are in coma here. Mr. Weber and Mrs. Brandt and Baker and you.?

The doctor said as she studied the clipboard before her for a few moments, looking at teenager with a reassuring smile

?But don?t worry, now that you are awake we have the hope the medics we gave you will work and the others will soon wake up, too."

The nurse beside her then carefully started to remove the sensor pads and monitoring equipment from Sumiko?s body as the doctor spoke. Being helped up into a sitting position the nurse then proceeded to remove one of the I.V lines that had been inserted into the skin of her arm. Sumiko inhaled sharply as the nurse pulled the needle free, her brown eyes flashing as she watched as a trickle of blood escaped from the hole it had made, angry red against her skin. A memory of the feral dogs slammed into the forefront of her mind, she remembered the blood, the pain, the smell of the creatures, the noise of Sarah?s gun. Unconsciously her other hand went up to her neck and probed the vulnerable area as the nurse wiped away the blood and covered the small hole with sterile gauze.

The doctor then pulled a curtain away, revealing the rest of the sterile ward she was in. Her eyes fell on the bodies in the adjoining bays and a guilty feeling swept over her like a wave. Andrea looked pale as she lay unmoving, the medical equipment attached to her seemed to swamp the pretty Italian woman. She was still trapped there, trapped in that unforgiving future desert. Wasn?t she? What kind of hells was she going through? If she ever came out of this, would the other woman hate her for abandoning her? And Sarah, she was in a coma because of her, because she was told to help her save the world. Save the world, even now it sounded ridiculous. But Sarah had seemed so serious when she had told her. And now her only source of enlightenment was incapacitated. She was back at square one again, frustration welled up deep within her. Another unit was being guarded by tough looking men, and its occupant could only have been Weber.

Weber.

She hated Weber, but she also feared Weber. He was like Tony, there was no way he was an ordinary human. HE was the reason that all of this was happening. HE had deceived her and tried to kill her in the desert, his eyes manic, shivering in the sun. His words still rang clear in her ears as if he was sitting right beside her, taunting her

"Be thankful. I won?t take your sanity. Only your life."

Yes, he had tried to kill her, and at the time she did not know the reason why he wanted to eliminate her. Was she that much of a threat to him? Why was she a threat to him? Tony?s Task? Did he mean to stop him succeeding? She glimpsed a beautiful woman at his bedside, a relative or a friend maybe? She wasn?t certain. It was then that her attentions were pulled away to someone else in the bay. In between Andy and Sarah, lay a man. A man Sumiko had never seen before. He was of western origin, with mousey brown blonde hair. He too lay hooked up to medical equipment but he had not been on the plane as far as Sumiko was aware. She eyed him cautiously

What was he doing here?

Sumiko looked at the doctor once more, uncertain at first whether to enquire about him, but the words eventually came out

?Doctor, forgive me, but that man, how did he end up here?

7. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl Weber
    The House

His hands checked the gun. They still new howto do it. A knowledge his third self had only recently acquired. Seven shots, left. Seven. He wished Sharon was here. She would have killed half of them before they reached them. This Andy girl, Clay. John. So John was still here? The father dead, long life the son?

Karl breathed in and was surprised what kind of relief this breathing gave you, when you faced death. And death was what all three of them wanted to bring him. The girl was wearing a modern gun. John himself had the old revolver. Karl knew it all to well. the priest had no gun. Karl and sharon had not left him any. The priest was not to be killed with bullets anyway. John? The question was what he was now. He had not been meant to be here. Not meant to be around. But had he been here all along? Or had he arrived here recently?

The advantage of Karl was obvious and probably easy to predict. He was defending a house that gave him cover. they needed to get into unknown territory. Against three that wasn´t enough. His power? His ability to manipualte creation? Well, what was left of it? The rules of this time had changed and with the change of rules his understanding of them had ceased.

No, it looked hopeless in a way. Yet, it also made no sense to give up. No negotiations were possible, were they?

Except he really played his final joker. The ace.

He readied the gun and took a good position to defend.

Tag: Fin, spy, TSG

8. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Jackson Clay
    The House

He stepped out last. The eventless drive had made his body stiff. He stretcehd and allowed his eyes to wander through the desert. The night swallowed the details and painted everything in the same expressionless black. Something could hide out there. But in this empty world, the idea nothing was there to see qwas even more frightening.

John, he believed the young man called himself John, taunted him for not having a gun. Considering he also was the only person who wasn´t afraid to get shot . . . that seemed only fair. 2I don´t need one. I am not here for a German, as far as I know." He took out his knife and circled once around the car. In the back of the car there were boxes, he had seen before. Maybe a lot of useful things in them, but he did not look. Instead he sighed and leaned against the jeep.

Looking at John and seeing Andy go away in the background he had no intention to fight another man´s war. After all, God had send him for a specific task. And right now John was probably more an enemy than Mr. Weber. Was he? If John wanted to convince him otherwise, he wasn´t there yet. He wasn´t there, at all.

Tag: Fin, Spy

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007

The House

John smirked and nodded. "As you wish old man. You´re missing it, not me." And he turned to the trunk of the car and opened it. After a second he got a sawed-off shotgun out of it. Smiling at Jackson he passed him. "Could have been your, Grandpa."

[image=http://images.wikia.com/deadliestwarrior/images/9/92/%28Sawed_Off%29.jpg]

He quickly catched up with Andy and nodded to the entrance of the rotten house. "He might not be alone in there. Actually he certainly won´t. You take the front entrance and I use the backdoor. Maybe they are still sleeping. Don´t talk, don´t listen to him. Or he´ll turn you. Just shoot, when you see him, okay? Then go."

The cool was suddenly gone and "John" was as nervous as a man of his age should have been.

But before andy could get into the position she had . . . an audio hallucination. It had to be one. Or where the hell could a tune by John Henley suddenly come from?

Tag: Spy, TSG

Jabe hospital, Tokyo

The Doctor looked at the young man, then back to Sumiko. She seemed to think about it for a second, maybe considering the confidality of such info, but then sighed and nodded, as the last machine was unplugged from Sumiko. ?He was send from America. They found him in the Nevada desert? About two weeks ago. An American doctor realized it might be the same case as you and we transported him over, hoping his state-of-health would explain something to us. He seems to suffer from the same problem you did, actually. But he hasn´t show any sign of waking up lately.?

The Doctor sighed and then turned to Sumiko again. ?So, what can you tell me about how you got into that state? Did you have any sensory experience??

Tag: Leigh

Ruins, Las Vegas

?I don´t remember flowers.? The voice said and the man stepped out of his cover onto the stairs. Wearing a yellow hazmat suit, he was obviously unrecognizable. But something in the way he moved told Sarah it was him.

?Hey. It has been such a very long time, Sarah. I see you still know how to use it??

Nodding to the gun he seemed to smile through the mirrored helmet.

[image=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/241/6/2/contact___hazmat_by_shimmering_sword-d2xkgix.jpg]

Tag: Sirak

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Sarah Brandt
    The Ruins

"So you exist." She could not help but release a laughter in relief. "So you exist, after all!" And shaking her head she lowered the SMG and stepped to him.

"Why are you wearing this suit? Listen, I have a freind who needs help! Really help. She has some sort of important mission to do and I don´t know how or what to do. She is dead, but I think she won´t stay that way for long." What did Sarah do if she actually did? What if she actually did not wake up, when she had simply seen Sumiko die? Had she failed the test? Had she failed Tony?

"Is Tony here?" She finall asked the most important of all unasked questions between her and her oldest friend. The man she knew since she was a child. Because she had dreamt about him for so long. "Stuart? Is he here?"

11. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Desert

The unsettling darkness loomed ahead of Andy.

A house awaited her, and though she could just barely make it out, she could tell that it was like the town she had awoken to. A remnant of the amazingly beautiful world she had left behind. Seeing it with her own eyes, taking it all in, she felt a deep longing to be home. Back in the present. . .or the past.

She wanted to see children swimming. She wanted to watch elderly people sit in rocking chairs and reminisce.

She wanted to have just one more day where her biggest worry was whether she should buy the red dress or the blue one.

America. Italy. Earth. 2012. The words blinked in her mind. She could feel it in her soul. It was all or nothing. If she had any hopes of returning back to the present, or saving Vincent, she was forced to murder Karl Weber.

She heard only a hint of noise. She whirled around, and was faced with John, who held in his hands a shotgun. Heavy duty.

"He might not be alone in there. Actually he certainly won´t. You take the front entrance and I use the backdoor. Maybe they are still sleeping. Don´t talk, don´t listen to him. Or he´ll turn you. Just shoot, when you see him, okay? Then go."

She only had to nod. John?s face, changing from calm and cool to apprehensive and tense only confirmed her fears. Turning away from him, she wiped her sweaty palms on her overalls. She felt some nervous tears sprinkle her eyes.

Then. . .in the background. . .there was a noise. Something. . .strange. . .what was that. . .a song. . .John Henley. . .the man in the inn. . .Andy couldn?t process it. But it scared her. Mostly because the song fit it all. Now she truly believed she was crazy. Pieces of her past were making their way into her mind, and she was imagining old songs.

Shoving the music from her mind, she shook her head. As she came up to the front door, crouched down and her fingers tight on the gun, she realized that it would?ve been safer for her to have taken the backdoor. The front entrance entailed much more danger than at first she had thought. But there was no turning back now.

She waited outside the door, her heart pounding. She glanced behind her. The Priest was standing back and relaxing. Watching the show play out. She cursed his ease. Her life was on the line, and he was relaxing. No sympathy for anyone. He was serial killer, though, if that explained it.

Andy closed her eyes, bit her lip - Am I really about to do this? - and then let her hand rest on the doorknob.

She couldn?t do it.

She couldn?t do it.

She couldn?t do it.

?I love you.?

She swung open the door.

Ducking down on the ground outside the door, she slid out of the doorway. Hopefully she was in a position where he would be unable to shoot her.

She would only need to wait a few seconds before she entered.

Before she entered. . .

The belly of the beast.

TAG: LordT, Fins, TSG

12. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl Weber
    The House

The door burst open. Someone entered, the gun ready. Steps on the other side. John, probably. The Priest had not come along, it seemed. He would have been more . . . of an expert in this.

Realizing who the woman was Karl had to smile. Oh Caleb, oh Caleb, you really used my mistakes against me. Were we not so very different and weren´t you such a failure, I might have been proud of you. But you have become a force of what you yourself would consider . . . evil, have you? Blinded by morale ideas and manipulating others into acting on your behalf.

For the first time Karl considered that Milton might have been right. Maybe humanity really needed the puppet players. Even now they seemed to gather around them like sheeps. He left the shadow, the gun at his side not pointed at Andy.

"Guess you are looking for me?"

He allowed his body to relax, to expect the impact of the bullet, that would doom them both.

"Andy? I remember you. My son picked you to commit patricide?" He sighed. "What did he promise you, hm? What did John promise you?"

Would she shoot? It was not yet that easy he assumed. He was weak, almost human. But he still knew. Knew so much more than they could ever know.

John would be here any second now. But John could not do it, could he? There was too much of his father inside of him.

Tag: Spy, Fin, TSG

13. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Desert, House

Seconds ticked by slowly.

The moment Karl Weber came from the shadows he had been hidden from behind, Andy raised her weapon and held it there. She noticed his gun was at his side, and not pointed at her.

?Guess you are looking for me??

?Stay back. Stay away from me.? She shouted at him. She hated how her voice quivered.

"Andy? I remember you. My son picked you to commit patricide? What did he promise you, hm? What did John promise you??

She couldn?t think. Her mind begged her to shoot him. It was the most logical choice. He stood there, unprotected, just willing to be killed. But her heart, on the other hand, wanted to listen. There could still be others inside the home, waiting for her to stop and lower her weapon. So she kept it pointed.

?Vincent. H-He became a. . .a part of Caleb-or your son. If I kill you. . .I have him back.? She looked him right in the eyes. ?Where is Sumiko?? Her temper flared at the thought of the Japanese girl. ?What did you do to her??

TAG: LordT, Fin, TSG

14. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    ooc: Fin approved my use of John

Karl Weber
    The House

"A life for a life, hm? Sounds like a deal Milton would propose. Or Caleb. Guess my son spend too much time with his unkle." Unkle, Karl had to laugh.

John was at the backdoor and there was the sound of readying the gun he had with him. Something bigger than a pistol, Karl assumed. He did not dare tom come in. Had Daddy told him who Karl was? Yes, most likely. So the cool little bugger grew a bit nervous about the idea to face a virtual God? Good. A few more minutes for his weak human form to use his one true power. Knowledge.

"I am sorry I got you all into this. But I never intended you to do this. My brother have tainted my plan and brought all of you here." He turned to her and sighed. "It doesn´t matter now. Point is you are here and so is Vincent and if you shoot me, I promise you he will never ever retrun to you. Never." Karl slowly stepped towards her. "And you know that. You know that in a world where you are alone with God, he won´t reward you for a sin, right? Why would he? Why should he? And you don´t want to shoot me. You don´t know if I am the evil they told you and maybe I am not. Who ever is the devil? It is a human idea they force on those they fear." Karl slowly pushed his gun into his belt. "I don´t wanna kill you Andy. I am feed up with killing." Slowly stepping closer he spread his arms. "but if you believe Caleb and Milton all of them, go ahead. I am ready to die. I came to the future knowing there was no way back, not for me. So I will prefer you to any other executioner. But if you actually doubt your secret masters and their whispers, we should probably simply behave like civilized human beings and . . . talk. I think I can help you. I know Caleb. I created him."

He smiled, now so close to her the gun almost touched his chest. "You love him, do you? And Caleb took him from you. He was a brave man. I knew that instantly."

John still hadn´t taken his shot. He wanted Andy to do it. Coward. A coward like his father.

Tag: Spy, Fin, TSG

15. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    House - Desert

"A life for a life, hm? Sounds like a deal Milton would propose. Or Caleb. Guess my son spend too much time with his unkle."

As Karl laughed, Andy heard other noises. Outside, from the back. John?s face flashed in her mind as she could almost see him readying the gun. His words resurfaced in his mind. She was on a mission. No talking. He would convince her. But. . .yet again. . .she needed to hear everything he said. It might not save his life, but it would provide her with some insight.

"I am sorry I got you all into this. But I never intended you to do this. My brother have tainted my plan and brought all of you here. It doesn´t matter now. Point is you are here and so is Vincent and if you shoot me, I promise you he will never ever retrun to you. Never.?

The words that came from his mouth seemed slow at first. He acted as if there was some sort of hope that Vincent could be revived. That she might possibly be able to hold him in her arms, and tell him that she wouldn?t ever let him go.

?And you know that. You know that in a world where you are alone with God, he won´t reward you for a sin, right? Why would he? Why should he? And you don´t want to shoot me. You don´t know if I am the evil they told you and maybe I am not. Who ever is the devil? It is a human idea they force on those they fear.?

He looked into her wide, fearful eyes.

?I don´t wanna kill you Andy. I am feed up with killing.?

She stepped backwards as he approached her. Bumping against the wall, she looked back and forth. She didn?t like how this was turning out.

?but if you believe Caleb and Milton all of them, go ahead. I am ready to die. I came to the future knowing there was no way back, not for me. So I will prefer you to any other executioner. But if you actually doubt your secret masters and their whispers, we should probably simply behave like civilized human beings and . . . talk. I think I can help you. I know Caleb. I created him."

She felt something almost touch her gun. Almost. His chest was exactly in front of her. One flinch of her finger, and he would be dead. Never before had she controlled such power. It was. . .frightening.

"You love him, do you? And Caleb took him from you. He was a brave man. I knew that instantly."

Andy found herself in another place. She was drenched in blood. Vincent was over her, wrapping her wound. They laughed. He promised her coffee.

A single tear escaped her eye.

?He was. The bravest man I have ever known.? She didn?t budge though. ?How would you save him? Tell me now or I shoot you. And I am not kidding. I don?t doubt that by killing you I could ruin my own life, but unless you are able to convince me, I?ll have to.?

She wiped the tear away.

?What can you do to save him? And how? What the hell is going on, really??

TAG: LordT, Fins, TSG

16. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl Weber
    The Ruins of the House

"Do you think you would be alive, if I was afraid to die? I could have shot you when you kicked down the door." Karl said in a calm voice. He turned his head slightly and smiled at John not coming in. He wanted Andy to do it, did he? Why? He was a coward and maybe he truly thought he was boud by the rules, but not even giving it a shot? Not even be here and try?

Karl turned his head back to Andy. "And what I can do and cannot do is far beyond your ability to understand, you woman. But if you pull that trigger, you doom yourself and Vincent. Because if I die you two will be seperated forever. There will be no escape of this world. No return to your life as you had it once. But if you do give me that gun and allow me to show you the way back, you will find out Vincent has not been Caleb in the past where we come from and he still isn´t. I can´t promise you two time, because sooner or later this hee will happen and you might have figured out everybody is dead in this time and probably for a long time. But what time you would have left, would be entirely yours."

So many things she did not know, so many things he did not know anymore for certain. they were like children stumbling in the dark. Karl was a teenager now, they were kids. None of them had truly grown up. The darkness had not allowed them to.

"So shot me or give me that gun. But whatever it is, do so before John over there takes this decision from you."

Would John kill her once he was done? Certainly. And what would happen? If Karl was dead, what would actually happen if one of them died here? Were they lost without their anchor? Another question to which he did not know the answer.

Tag: Spy

[b]The Man who comes around[/b]
    [i]The Car near the house[/i]

"Jackson, we need to talk." The voice came from behind and seemingly from nowhere. Then from the dark a person appeared and sipped at a cup of coffee.

[image=http://planet-interview.de/fileadmin/Bilder/Galerie/Ulrich_Tukur_662_01.jpg]

He leaned next to jackson and handed him another one of those cups. The logo of corben´s Inn was on it.

"I thought you´d need one, too. Didn´t have one since . . . before that waitress shot you, right?"

And smiling up to the house and taking another sip he seemed to be very much at peace with himself. The man could have been on a dinner party or a bar in some holiday resort. He could have been anywhere, but an apocalyptic version of the future.

[b]Tag: TSG[/b]

17. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Andrea ?Andy? Rebecca Baker
    The House - Nevada

"Do you think you would be alive, if I was afraid to die? I could have shot you when you kicked down the door."

She watched him turn around. Every second John neglected to come in, the more doubt filled her mind. She had thought that this would be a mutual effort of taking down Karl. Looks like John had planned for to be the slaughtered lamb.

"And what I can do and cannot do is far beyond your ability to understand, you woman. But if you pull that trigger, you doom yourself and Vincent. Because if I die you two will be seperated forever. There will be no escape of this world. No return to your life as you had it once. But if you do give me that gun and allow me to show you the way back, you will find out Vincent has not been Caleb in the past where we come from and he still isn´t. I can´t promise you two time, because sooner or later this hee will happen and you might have figured out everybody is dead in this time and probably for a long time. But what time you would have left, would be entirely yours."

From what Andy could tell from Karl?s words, something promised that she would return to the present. . .or the past. Home. The prospect of facing her father wasn?t pleasing, to say the least. She had grown over this nightmarish experience, with that meaning she had grown to realize her father had neglected her because of his own sorrow. A human mistake, but it had hurt her in the long run. Facing him would be the downside, but possibly being reunited with Vincent. . .it made up for it.

"So shot me or give me that gun. But whatever it is, do so before John over there takes this decision from you."

Andy looked from his defiant, but determined eyes to her gun. Cold against her hand, it had grown to fit. After holding it for so long, she barely noticed it was there. She knew that, if she handed him this gun, he could turn it on her and shoot her square in the face. She?d be dead before she could blink. But. . .that might be better than living in this world.

?I?m sorry, Vincent,? She muttered under her breathe.

Her hand wavered for the fraction of a second. She looked from it to her Karl.

She let it drop from position.

Please, God, Please, if you are still here, protect me. I?m so scared. Protect Vincent.

Holding her hand out, she handed the gun to him.

?There. I trust you. What are we going to do about John and the Priest??

TAG: LordT

18. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Sumiko Nakamura
    Jabe hospital, Tokyo

Sumiko watched the doctor, a mix of curiosity and concern on her face. The doctor seemed to be conflicted for a moment. The doctor had no obligation to reveal anything, yet wasn?t she at least a little bit curious about the medical abnormality that was present in her ward? Sumiko was expecting her to cite patient confidentiality and not say anything, so she was surprised with what she said next.

?He was send from America. They found him in the Nevada desert? About two weeks ago. An American doctor realized it might be the same case as you and we transported him over, hoping his state-of-health would explain something to us. He seems to suffer from the same problem you did, actually. But he hasn?t show any sign of waking up lately.?

Sumiko?s eyes flitted back to the bedridden man. They found him in the Nevada desert? She had been in the Nevada desert, but in the future. He was found there in the present day. What did this mean? Her attention was pulled away when the doctor sighed and looked her in the face

?So, what can you tell me about how you got into that state? Did you have any sensory experience?

Sumiko blinked, uncertain of what to say. What could she say? Whatever she did say would probably make her come across as a raving lunatic. She took a moment to think, collect her thoughts, to find her words. Closing her eyes for a few seconds, she opened them again and sighed.

?It?it started on the flight. Flight 2440. Not long after takeoff, the plane hit turbulence, a dark cloud engulfed the plane. Strange things started to happen. ?One minute everything was fine, the next, the plane went down, crashing in a desert?I experienced things, felt things, like the heat on my skin, the pain of injuries. My senses picked up everything. In the desert, everything felt so real. It might sound crazy, but I was in that desert doctor, I don?t know how, or why, but I was there, we?? She gestured at the bedridden people about the ward ??we were all there!?

She paused for a moment to let the doctor contemplate her words. It was hard, trying to explain the unexplainable. An uncomfortable look crossed her face and her eyes fell down towards her lap, a haunted look

?Then I woke up, back on the plane. A doctor told me when the plane went through the cloud everyone passed out. I think he thought I was just dreaming. I think he mentioned something about the change?but I suddenly fell ill and things get a little fuzzy after that?I felt myself in the desert again, but something happened there..."

Dogs...Barking
    Blood! So much Blood!
    Screams...Her screams...
    Death...

"...and I woke up here?I?m sorry if this doesn?t make a lot of sense?

19. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl Weber
    House

He sighed. "If John would be sure he can kill me,I guess he would have tried by now. Would you, John?"

Karl smiled at her and took the gun.

"Don´t say I am not a man of my word." He sighed then again and brought the gun up. a single shot penetrated the forehead of Andy and peirced through her brain. The nerves stopped sending probably before any pain could register. Karl watched her collapse and hten turned to the backdoor.

"So? The best chance you had has already passed and here went your second best. Still wanna try and kill me, John? Still wanna try and accomplish what you father never could?" Karl pointed the gun at the wall near the door. He knew John had taken cover right behind it. "Guess if my power fails me, yours is long gone. Right? Smart to pick up those two. Fresh and unused. But one isn´t fighting and the other one is lost now. Tell me, has your entire existence been such a string of failures? As father as son, I guess."

Tag: Fin, TSG

20. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    ooc: Combined with Fin and LordT to catch up a bit. Fin, LordT gave me a go ahead for the first part, tell us if it not okay.

Jackson Clay
    In front of the house

Jackson looked at the man. He knew him and also it was surprise seeing him here and not up there in the house, there as no real surprsie. they played games, as the devils had always.

A shoot was heard. Jackson looked up and shuddered. "So I guess that isn´t you up there they are shotting at, right?"

"No. It isn´t. A part of me. But one long forgotten, I´d say. A meaningless remain of my former self."

Jackson nodded. Whatever that meant. His hand touched his knife once more.

"I see. So what is it you wnat from me now? A bargain, I guess? A pact?" Jackson looked to the house and sighed. He would not make pacts. No.

"I want you to go to Empire. That is where you´ll find what you have been looking for. That is from where John tries to keep you away." The man seemed not distressed by the noise of gunshots. He did not seem to care. He was here for Jackson. But Jackson did not answer.

Empire. He had never heard of that place. But the name seemed kind off fitting. A town? Maybe.

Tag: Myelf for part II, Fin

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    The House

The moment the hsot had left Andy´s head John kicked in the door after all, holding the shotgun at Karl.

"Don´t move!" He hissed and looked at Andy´s body. "You devil, what have you done! I needed her!"

Tag: LordT

[i]Jabe Hosptial[/i]

"Don´t worry, it is perfectly normal that memeory feels a bit fussy and considering your brain had only minimum activity it is not surprising yu feel like strange things have happened to you. Nobody can tell what a brain and memory goes through whehn it is in such a state. Please, Sumiko, stay calm now and have a glass of water. I shall get you someone to discuss the . . . " Her beeper went off and in the room next to them docotrs suddenly charged in. "What?" Dr. Nakamura was obviously confused. "Excuse me." She only replied and stormed out of the room.

Outside a man was looking at Sumiko and only when he realized she saw him, too, he turned and took out his phone.

[image=http://www.childfreechic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/Ken-Watanabe.jpg]

In the room next door the light blinded the eyes of Andy, as her aching body came alive once more. The first breath was like a sword rammed into her body. People talked in a language Andy did not recognize. Japanese, probably. And needles were dragged from her arm. It was cold. Bright. And somehow very, very real.

[b]Tag: Leigh, Spy[/b]

22. spycoder9

Jul 23, 2008
    Desert, Home

Andy relinquished all of the power that she had controlled. His hand closed around the gun, pulling it from her grasp. She looked into his eyes, trying to determine what his emotion was. His eyes though, had changed. Instead of that passionately warm, comforting tint they had to them, they had changed back. Back to the way they had been when the plane had crashed and he had rescued them from the rubble. It hit her in those final seconds. The look in his eyes.

"Don´t say I am not a man of my word."

She heard the brief outtake of breathe. He raised the gun. Time slowed as he aimed it directly at her forehead. She felt her eyes grow wider, and yet her limbs were stuck. She couldn?t run, couldn?t fight, couldn?t do anything. She was frozen in time. She stared from the muzzle of the gun to the eyes of its wielder.

So cold. . .so dark. . .

He fired the gun.

A pinch on her forehead.

A brief image of Vincent, sitting in his chair. Reading the newspaper, flirting with her. The flash of his teeth as he grinned.

Then everything went black.

Vincent. Vin-

[i]-cent.[/i]

Her eyes were assaulted by the lights. Of course, the first thought that hits every person who was just shot point blank in the head and then wakes up with bright lights is [i]Am I in Heaven?[/i] She breathed in once. She felt like she had she bucked by a bull and then trampled by a stampede of cattle. Her breathe rattled out of her mouth as the light slowly dimmed. Only enough for her to make out shadowy shapes.

Then next thing to hit her was the voices. She had no idea what they were saying, but she vaguely matched it with something she had heard years and years ago. [i]Kamikaze[/i], now she remembered. The first boy in her life. She recognized the language as Japanese, but that didn?t help her situation at all.

Long needles jabbed up and down her arms as they were jerked out. She shuddered, the cold oozing into her bones. Glancing back and forth, she tried to raise her arms.

?Wha-? She fell into a series of short coughs. She couldn?t really understand why, but her lungs were weak. How did I survive? Where am I?

?What. . .where. . .?

She found she couldn?t continue.

The immediate shock froze her solid.

[b]TAG: Fin, Leigh[/b]

23. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: Combined with Fin. I bugged him to do that, so don´t blame him I seem to play mostly through combines, please :p

Sarah Brandt
    Ruins of Vegas

She still knew how to . . . ?

"Yes. For me it was last week when you taught me." She lowered the automatic. She could not see him through the hazmat suit, but the voice was his. "How long has it been for you?" Time obviously meant little around here. And certainly there wasn´t any constant of time in this.

Stuart turned around and then back to her. "Two decades ago. At least. Maybe more. Hard to tell."

Sarah stepped to him and a smile formed on her lips. "I am sorry, but . . . you exist. I mean for real!" She had to laugh out. Stuart nodded. Then he laughed, too. "Not so sure, Sarah. I am not so sure about that. But I exist for as real as you do!"

Sarah embraced the cold rubber of the suit. "Good enough, I´d say." Then she looked around and saw a small sniper-station that he had build himself there. Some blankets, a pillow for the arms to rest and a sniper rifle that looked familiar. It also looked ancient now. she had been taught shooting with this rifle. She had thought she had dreamt and she had forgotten, but when she arrived here it had all come back. She had been taught and trained for this in her dreams. Since she was 12 years old, she had prepared and never even realized. "It´s the Dragunov, right?"

Stuart nodded. "We should get your friend, before he does." Stuart replied and nodded. Sarah turned. "He?"

Stuart took the rifle and turned to the stairs. "Caleb." That was all he replied and began to make his way down.

Sarah blinked and looked after him in confusion. Caleb? Who the hell was Caleb?

24. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Jabe Hosptial

"Don´t worry, it is perfectly normal that memory feels a bit fuzzy and considering your brain had only minimum activity it is not surprising you feel like strange things have happened to you. Nobody can tell what a brain and memory goes through when it is in such a state. Please, Sumiko, stay calm now and have a glass of water. I shall get you someone to discuss the . . . "

The doctor cut off abruptly when her pager went off, a sudden frenzy of activity erupted in the room next door, doctors and nurses running in. The doctor excused herself quickly and ran out to join them. They were in Andrea?s room, and a flash of worry lanced down Sumiko?s spine. What was going on? Was she alright? Her eyes followed the doctors retreating form, but they fell on a man outside, the man from before? He was looking straight at her. But almost as soon as their eyes met he turned away and looked like he had a cell phone in hand. Who was he? Something about him made her feel uncomfortable. The noises from next door brought her attention away from the man. She needed to see Andrea, she needed to make sure that she was alright. ?Andrea?? A nurse passed the door to her room and she called out to her, her voice wavering with worry. She felt tears pricking the corners of her eyes. Guilt welling up inside her.

?Nurse, please, the woman next door, can I see her? Please? I-I?m sorry, I just need to know she?s OK.

TAG: Fins, Spycoder

25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Karl/Carl Weber
    The Ruin

"Or what?" It was Karl´s simple approach. "You shoot me? Because you dragged that poor girl out here to do it for you and now you will leave me alive, just if I stand still?" Karl lay his head aside and spread his arms farther away. The gun was still in it and he slowly, very slowly opened it so the metal could drop onto the remains of the wooden floor. "You should have let me in if you wanted me to spare her, John. Especially if she was so important for your plans. Oh I would say you´ve grown so much, but actually you haven´t, have you? No a day. Not a single minute you have aged, have you?" Karl came slowly closer to the boy and lowered his arms. Enough of these games.

"You know who I am. You know what I am and what your father was and you know what that amkes you, probably. Right?" Carl sighed and looked around. Nobody was there ecept them. They were indeed alone. Vashti, Sharon, all seemed to be lost now. It was them alone.

"But Daddy is dead now, is he? Leaving you in this hell of an age alone. And probably forever."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.