main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Sister Gift [SSE present -- Merry Christmas, Astronut!]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Title: The Sister Gift
    Author: Idrelle_Miocovani
    Genre: drama (?), probably a tad bit AU
    Characters: Wedge, Luke, Syal
    Summary: Wedge first learns that his sister has been alive all these years, and later meets her.
    Notes: This was written for the Secret Santa Exchange. Merry Christmas, Astronut! I hope you enjoy! This was fun to write, and quite a bit of a challenge because I know absolutely nothing about Wedge and have never written him before! So, therefore a lot of this is probably a bit inaccurate, but, hey ? it?s the thought that counts. :p 8-} Sorry for it being so short. :p

Dear Santa,

For Christmas I'd really like a story about Wedge first finding out that his sister has been alive and procreating in the unknown regions for some time. I will leave out extra cookies if it includes Wedge getting mad at Luke for not telling him he ran into to Fel years ago.
    Thank you!

-Astronut

?What did you say??

Luke rolls his eyes and begins to repeat his earlier statement.

?She?s been??

?I heard what you said!? I shout, sharply cutting him off.

?Wedge ?? Luke begins again, trying to tell me something, but I?m not paying attention.

I?m in shock. That?s understandable, considering what Luke just told me. A strange feeling has overcome me ? a weird mix of shock and happiness.

My sister is alive. Luke has just told me (twice, because I wasn?t paying attention) the most wonderful but craziest news I have ever heard in my life. After years of not knowing whether Syal was alive or not, I finally have someone telling me that she?s alive.

And married ? as Luke is just telling me.

?What??

I seem to have trouble speaking right now. Most of my vocabulary has degenerated into ?what??s and ?huh??s. Shock seems to be affecting me ? quite badly.

I listen, almost in a trance, staring at the same patch of tiles on the floor as Luke continues to tell me about Syal. I can feel my fingernails digging into my skin because my hands are clenched so tight. A wave of happiness and excitement rushes over me as I learn more and more about the basics of her family. I am not at all surprised when I learn that she has kids. There?s always some crazy feeling of joy that comes over you when you find out you?re an uncle.

Or maybe that?s just an affect of finding a long-lost sister.

Or perhaps it?s both.

Suddenly, a name snaps me out of my stupor and I look up, realizing that I have been staring at the same patch of floor for the past five minutes.

?Did you say [i]Fel??[/i] I ask Luke.

He nods.

The happy feeling is quite suddenly sucked right out. I know Fel. I have met him before.

?Luke, did you know this [i]before[/i] now?? I say, trying to keep my emotions straight.

?Uh??

?Wait? just [i]wait,?[/i] I say, holding up my hands. ?You mean to say that my sister married Soontir Fel??

?Well? yeah.?

?And you didn?t tell me about this before now?!?

Things degenerate rapidly from here, turning very quickly into a yelling match.

---

[i]Later[/i]

---

She?s waiting for me, gazing out at the evening sky. When I enter the room, she turns around and her smile is exactly the same one I remember.

?Hi, Wedge,? is all she says.

There?s not much to say. We are more content just to be in each other?s presence than to discuss our current lives ? or the times before she ran away from home. It takes me a moment, but now I realize that I have been given a gift ? and this is not an ordinary gift.

Gifts can be wondrous things. They come in so many different shapes and forms ? from objects that we value to endearing thoughts and words. Over the years, I have received many gifts, but the one that Syal has given me right now ? the gift of having her back in my life after so many years spent apart is the best gift I have ever received.

[hr]

I hope everyone has a Very, Merry Christmas!

[face_hugs]

2. Astronut

Astronut Jedi Master star 1

Dec 12, 2005
    Aww! Thank you very much! The bit of AU-ness doesn't matter, that was very sweet!

You handle Wedge's shock well (I love that he can't get more than two words out and Luke has to repeat everything!)

She?s waiting for me, gazing out at the evening sky. When I enter the room, she turns around and her smile is exactly the same one I remember.

?Hi, Wedge,? is all she says.

There?s not much to say. We are more content just to be in each other?s presence than to discuss our current lives ? or the times before she ran away from home. It takes me a moment, but now I realize that I have been given a gift ? and this is not an ordinary gift.

Gifts can be wondrous things. They come in so many different shapes and forms ? from objects that we value to endearing thoughts and words. Over the years, I have received many gifts, but the one that Syal has given me right now ? the gift of having her back in my life after so many years spent apart is the best gift I have ever received.

That part made me feel all warm and fuzzy and very, very happy.

(Leaves out a few plates of binary brownies and cyber chocolate chip cookies)

Thank you very much Idrelle! Merry Christmas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.