main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Sith Empire - Lords of the New Sith Order - Continuing to put the Laughter into Manslaughter!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Yes! I love using them to shade and highlight the folds in cloth. It's absolute magic!
    Proportions and human anatomy are still somewhat of a stumbling block for me, mostly with the limbs. That is fairly easy though when I put it up against challenging myself to draw my own character. I was originally going to post my own drawing of Grievance, but it was absolutely horrific (to me anyway), which is why I finally gave up and used a really cool drawing of Grievous that someone else had the time and patience and skill to draw. I'm still trying though. He's got some cool markings on him that are worth showing off.

*googles this Cintiq device...starts to slobber*
    That would make a fine addition to my collection...
    *glances at price...eyes start watering; glances in mirror*
    Oh ye of little money...

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Kaleesh-Cyborg

I'm not afraid to admit that I use reference for anatomy purposes and making sure all of the proportions are correct. I know some people frown upon that, but really, it's only a tool in the overall process. If you could see some of the photos I have taken of myself in odd positions to get hand positioning or to see a certain way a piece of fabric falls along a contour, etc. My family and friends have become unwitting victims as well. [face_devil] So, I guess my point is to not be afraid to use the tools available to you. If you need to pose someone in order to get the proper angle for that foreshortened arm, go for it!

Oh, and is that your drawing in your avatar? :D

And yes the Cintiq is very expensive, but I figure I can put it down as a tax write-off! :p

3. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    HanSolo29
    Oh, I agree. Using references plays a huge role in things I've learned to draw. I can't understand people frowning upon it either. Even animators sit in front of mirrors and make weird faces so they can properly depict an expression or the movement of the mouth while saying certain words. References are an excellent tool. It is currently my only hope for properly drawing cyborgs. XD

*cringe* Yes. It's the best sketch I have done of Grievance so far. If I ever get room to set up my laptop and Wacom again, I might actually color that one.

I really like the idea of a digital painting tool that's portable. That is awesome and once I find a house and close on it, I'm going to start shopping around for one. I actually got a good deal when I bought my Wacom and I never once regretted it. :D

4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    QueenSabe7 and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  5. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Thanks, Dags. :)

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  6. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Dagobahsystem and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I agree, very nicely done, Kaleesh-Cyborg! It looks great!

I hope everything works out and you get around to coloring it – I think it would really make it pop! :D

8. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Thank you, your majesty. *bows respectfully*

Thanks HanSolo . I do appreciate the feedback very much. Lets me know I don't have to retire my mechanical pencils just yet. :D

9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Am I missing something? I don't see anything here. I looked at the art forum and didn't see anything.

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  10. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
  11. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Ahh! No wonder! I couldn't see it because I was on Tapatalk. :)

Very nice, sir!

12. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
  13. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    very nice drawing Kaleesh-Cyborg my friend, Might start posting some of my SW drawings...

14. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Updated my sig. Like? No like? Musings? [face_thinking]

15. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
  16. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    DarthIshyZ Lady Belligerent Master Vo'Un'Var Isley_27
    My thanks to all of you. I may get the guts to actually post my stuff sometime this weekend and I am very much open to critiquing and suggestions. Thanks again to all of you for the encouraging feedback. It really means a lot. :)

17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Nicely done Kaleesh-Cyborg! A much better artist than I.

And hey, you got kudos from HanSolo29. That should tell you you're on the right track. ;) :p

18. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    *Saadi imitates Chirrut Imwe's voice*

I see the dark side. I feel it inside me.
    The Force envelopes me.

No kudos bestowed upon my race. Nor my murdered parents either. All due to Jedi duplicity and hypocrisy.

I live in darkness. Sense the urge to kill.

The dark side of the Force is strong with me, I am one with the dark side. The dark side of the Force is strong with me, I am one with the dark side.

*meditates*

19. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Yesterday I performed the play the Mystery of Edwin Droid and it did not go as planned. I played the two main character, our vase prop broke, I couldn't see when getting changed and one of our rookie actors accidentally revealed the murderer in the second scene. But at least I got to wear a cool trench coat :p

And I've been trying to get my friends to play Dungeons & Dragons but no one knows the basic rules, which sucks because I'm a pretty good DM :)

But at least it's the weekend so I can catch up on my RPs

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  20. Isley_27

Dec 22, 2016
    Woke up this morning and the realization fully hit me..I'm going to be a married man in less than a month. Any of the married Sith out there have any last minute advice. I love my fiancé very much and want our marriage to last, even though her attachment to light side is strong :p.

21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    You're always wrong. Always.
    [​IMG]

22. Isley_27

Dec 22, 2016
    This is the greatest thing I've ever seen. I'll remember that!

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    One of my female coworkers put it well. "You're Mr. Right. She's Mrs. Always Right."

Seriously, though, I asked my father in law that same question and he simply said, "You don't have to win every argument." Now that is good advice.

24. Darth Osnil

Darth Osnil Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 29, 2016
    So I noticed on the news that the guy dragged off the airline was "belligerent." Did it have something to do with the Triumvante? Is this one of Lady Belligerent 's plots? Should I be worried? Should I sacrifice my dog to @Sinerebirth ? Should I execute my plans to betray Anakin.Skywalker early? Or should I pretend this never happened?

25. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Isley_27 Communication still remains, and always will, the #1 factor. Just keep those lines of communication open no matter the situation. ;)

And oh yeah. You're always wrong. According to the question posed about the forest and a man from DarthIshyZ, we already got an answer in the Blue Moon Cantina a while back from some women JCers. Answer was an expected 'yes.' So that should tell ya something. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.