Fanclub The Sith Empire - Lords of the New Sith Order - Continuing to put the Laughter into Manslaughter!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth, Jun 8, 2016.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Nehru_Amidala Jedi Master

star 5
  2. PCCViking Force Ghost

star 9
  3. Halle Dray Jedi Master

star 4
    *blows a noisemaker* IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I'LL EAT CAKE IF I WANT TOOOO
  4. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 6
    It's Monday folks! Three Hs in the DC Metro area, I'm sure. The markets are currently up. It's a good day!

Happy birthday to you, @Halle Dray!
    Last edited by DarthIshyZ, Jun 19, 2017
    Halle Dray likes this.
  5. PCCViking Force Ghost

star 9
    Happy Birthday, @Halle Dray! We'll order a cake and make the Jedi pay for it. :)
    Valency Jane and Halle Dray like this.
  6. Halle Dray Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you!
    Irl I have to ice my own lol

@DarthIshyZ thanks!!
    PCCViking likes this.
  7. Nehru_Amidala Jedi Master

star 5
    Three H's? More like same old, same old. At least here in Arlington.
    DarthIshyZ likes this.
  8. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 6
    Yep! Three Hs. Hazy, Hot, & Humid.
  9. Nehru_Amidala Jedi Master

star 5
    That's June for ya. It's going to get worse when the Folklife Festival starts up.
  10. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    • How would you react if you found out Darth Vader was your father?

That would be pretty awesome and since he has the Force, then that means that I would have it too, which would be even more awesome.

• If he was your father, what would you get him for Father's Day?

A new meditation and healing chamber since he obviously needs it.

Happy belated birthday, @Sinrebirth !
    And happy belated birthday, @Darth_wanderguard !
    Last edited by RX_Sith, Jun 19, 2017
  11. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    First person to destroy the Sun wins a seat in the Triumvirate.

I'm melting.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 6
    * Retrieves the God-Emperor an air-conditioned shade *
    Wouldn't dare try to destroy the Sun as we would all freeze to death without it, but I'll gladly help out.
  13. PCCViking Force Ghost

star 9
    If only Kyp Durron hadn't sent the Sun Crusher into the Maw, or the Resistance hadn't destroyed Starkiller Base...
  14. dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    As do I

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  15. Mostlymad Jedi Knight

star 1
    @corinthia Master, may my answer to your latest task please you.

In my opinion a Sith Priest is first and foremost a disciple of the Dark Side of the Force. They are to listen to the chaotic call of the Dark Side, attempt to discern its will, and then act based upon their interpretation. Of all the classes the Priest is the most in tune with the Dark Side.

As stated previously a Priest exists to interpret the will of the Dark Side... but it is more than just listening and acting on it alone. Priests should be masters of projecting the siren call of the Dark Side. They enhance the temptation of those around them to travel the darker path. The pious should be able to tap into the base desires and emotions of others in order to strengthen their connection with the Dark Side. This is especially prevalent in battle. A priest should be on of the more tactical players on the field of battle. Able to coordinate a group’s efforts so that the many act as one, empowering others to perform fantastic feats beyond their normal capacity to do such.

This prowess in battle, to be able to coordinate the individual powers of the Sith of the New Sith Order, is the main reason I’d like to see the class grow and become more prevalent. For too long the coordination, unity, and teamwork of the Jedi have held up against the individual power of the Sith. I believe it is the Priest that will eventually turn the tide against our hated enemy by better organizing the powerful individuals of the NSO to better achieve the Order’s goals. In my vision the priests will be the glue that holds the other classes together in unity to conquer the goals set before them.

Finally, on Sorcerers, I must agree that at first glance our classes appear to be similar. But a Sorcerer focuses more on the mechanics of the Dark Side of the Force instead of its will. They very often tap into its power with awe inspiring devastation and their Dark Side offensive capabilities are second to none within the Sith. And it is there that we differ. A Priest focuses on the will of the Dark Side and attempts to strengthen another’s connection with it. A Sorcerer focus is generally on maximizing their own power with the Force. To put it simply, a Sorcerer is the generally the most technically informed on the Dark Side... from its history to its mechanics. They can describe it and use it better than most. However a Priest feels the Dark Side as it flows through them in a very intimate way. The pious know what the Dark Side wants and can guide others to accomplish its will.
    Last edited by Mostlymad, Jun 19, 2017
  16. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    Here's a question; what is our official position on superweapons.

I mean, the Starkiller Base fired once and was destroyed. The Death Star took two decades and fired three times. The Galaxy Gun did nearly break the spine of the New Republic, true, and then blew the heart out of the Empire. But most of them were clearly wasted.

17. Mostlymad Jedi Knight

star 1
    @Sinrebirth I believe if you build a super weapon you better be prepared to dedicate a lot of resources to defending it. Also don't design spaces for starfighters to fight/fly in.
  18. Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Master

star 4
    @Sinrebirth
    I would say a superweapon is a bigger risk than a benefit. It will inevitably devour a lot of resources to create it (time, finances, etc.) and unless you spend more mega-resources concealing it, it will inevitably become a target you will spend another ton of resources defending. Personally, I would sooner pour the time and effort into the ranks; make sure everyone is properly armed and trained and turn them loose like a swarm of locusts. Targeting is more precise that way if you wish to loot or take prisoners. Can't do that if you've blown up everything.
  19. dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just build a "suncrusher"

Trying to accurately remember, it has been decades since I read it.

From what I understand it was nearly indestructible, and the only reason Luke was able to stop it was they were able to appeal to Kyp Durron to stop his rampage.

It was small, that impervious, and could take out suns with its torpedoes. In fact it could fly into suns briefly.

Again foggy on details I read it when I was like 17...

20. Mostlymad Jedi Knight

star 1
    @Kaleesh-Cyborg @Sinrebirth
    I disagree my cyborg friend. There is great value in having possession of a super weapon as the enemy cannot consolidate their forces and entrench themselves if they fear that you have the ability to wipe out all of those forces in one go. And an entrenched enemy can easily whittle down a swarm of forces sent at them costing you more than it would to build, maintain, and defend a super weapon. Not to mention the fear, power, and intimidation such a weapon provides.
    Last edited by Mostlymad, Jun 19, 2017
    Kaleesh-Cyborg likes this.
  21. Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Master

star 4
    Point taken, @Mostlymad . I suppose I am more confrontational than I should be. Never been a fan of long-range combat, so my viewpoint is likely flawed by my own bias. I'm more of a "This...is...Spartaaaaaa!" fighter if it comes down to it. ;)
    Valency Jane and Mostlymad like this.
  22. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 6
    I actually agree with @Kaleesh-Cyborg. One "superweapon" creates a big target. Take that superweapon out and you've disabled the whole thing. Consider nuclear weapons. There's not just one nuke. There's hundreds. In hundreds of different places. That's a deterrence. Not one big target.
  23. Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Master

star 4
    Putting myself and my way of thinking on both sides of the field, if my enemy built a superweapon and I knew about it, my first reaction is gonna be "let's blow that crap up". I can honestly say I would not be too afraid to act. That's why I answered as I did. If everybody thinks like I do, that superweapon will come down one way or another and lives, resources, and ground will be lost in its wake, which is why I would rather "put boots on the ground" and I would want to occupy a pair of those boots.
    Valency Jane and Mostlymad like this.
  24. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 6
    A good example for that, too, is the book and movie Contact by Carl Sagan (^:)^) . They built the machine. The religious fanatics blew it up. Then the benefactor S R Hadden comes back with his classic line, "First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price?" There was a second machine. It wasn't blown to bits and was successful.

Just consider if one or two of the people on DS 2 were to be the same type of "religious fanatics" referred to in Contact. They blow that sucker up and the Emperor would have to visit the lite-brite ATM on his Vader's torso again.
  25. Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Master

star 4
    *glances around awkwardly* I think we killed the thread, Ishy.
    Sinrebirth likes this.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth