main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Sith Empire - Lords of the New Sith Order - Continuing to put the Laughter into Manslaughter!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    On Mustafar, Kenobi tells Anakin:

You WERE my brother! I loved you!

To which Anakin responds:

I HATE YOU!!!

Anakin bursts into flames and Kenobi grabs his lightsaber and leaves. Keep in mind, Anakin had just been trying to kill Kenobi, after having just force choked his own pregnant wife, murdering all the separatist leaders, and killing all the younglings in the Jedi temple.

Jedi scum or not, it seems reasonable that Kenobi would leave little Ani to roast away on an open fire after all of that. In fact, if you read Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, you will find there is much detail about Jedi having feelings and being allowed to be upset and to cry, even approved by Master Yoda.

Now a Sith, like Saadi, would have ended Anakin, as I assume Vexx would have done also. Or any of us. Not from a Jedi though.

One can't really fault Kenobi for his choice though considering his inner conflict and loyalties and the assumption of Anakins' immolation anyhow. His death was assured had Sidious not rescued him so quickly.

And lastly, to your first point, Kenobi did serve his Order and the Republic because he wanted to, not because he had to do. His complaining about flying and blasters are personality traits that were expanded on in the PT to give him more attitude and snark than in the OT.

2. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Is it really that easy to turn love off though? I mean, if he could shut it down that quickly, then he never really loved him as a brother to begin with. His profession therefore (past tense or otherwise), was a lie. How can you want someone to suffer like that after years of working together effectively? It just doesn't make sense to me and does not place Kenobi in any redeemable light. To want someone to suffer as gruesomely as Anakin did is just plain evil and sadistic. Sorry, I guess his actions in that scene just really conflict with my moral compass and I can't comprehend it. Case in point, he is and probably always will be the Star Wars character I dislike the most because of his actions on Mustafar.

3. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    IC: Darth Saadi
    Mustafar

Lurking in a universe.
    Observing, for the moment.

Kenobi: 'Don't try it'
    Anakin: 'I HATE You!'

Saadi slumps down to hide from the Jedi gaze, as the ashes continued to burn his reptomammal skin, the burning of reality matched by the burning of eventuality.

'Jedi gone, is he?'

Raising his crimson lightsaber and slashing in a vicious X- Wing pattern, Saadi sent the sad specimen to somewhere. Else. Death. Life? No.

Skywalkers' head!

Bring it to the Emperor!
    Kenobi laughed as he fled.

4. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm on Fate of the Jedi: Backlash and I like Cighal's quote about the Lost Tribe of the Sith: "They don't follow the Rule of Two. They apparently follow a Rule of However Many They Need." :p

5. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    ^ Nice quote. We Sith are quite a bunch, aren't we?

PCCViking likes this.
  6. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    He's not lazy. He's zen. You should try it.

7. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    He's not lazy. He's zen. You should try it.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  8. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Not to mention, Sir Alec Guiness was a RAF pilot during WWII.
    *salutes the RAF*

9. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    There was a quote in one of the Jedi Apprentice books where Qui-Gon told Obi-Wan never to neglect the pastries on a mission or something of the sort lol.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  10. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Force Ghost star 6

Jan 2, 2016
    I have a strong feeling the standalone Kenobi film will address the issue Kaleesh is having.

Extreme guilt over his actions on Mustafar that eventually develops into shock/surprise when he discovers Anakin is Darth Vader - the latter of which should probably be shown in the end of the first act, when I think about it.

Hire me, Disney.

11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    That's wishful thinking, Kronos.

12. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    Darth_wanderguard
    With all due respect, Night Herald, if Kenobi does it, I will not try it. He is not even on my list of role models. *bows respectfully*

May guilt and shame forever consume Kenobi like the hellish fires he left his "best friend" to die in, I say. His soul is more disfigured than Palpatine's face after the partially self-inflicted electrical frying.

13. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Done with Jury duty.... for today! We couldn't agree... Buuuuut I can argue with anyone about anything.

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You didn't just tell them that you're a fan of capital punishment for all crimes? :p

15. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    No, I would've been inevitably called in for another trial later this week. Trials are SOO in style around here. I may even get called in again when this one is over. I think the judge had the hots for me though cuz she looked directly at me when she said she would be making coffee cake for us. I prefer Vodka cake but I have to keep up an appearance for the community.

16. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    OHHH sick burn!

WookieeRage and Kaleesh-Cyborg like this.
  17. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    Oh, btw I wanted you to read this in a pompous, valley-girl voice. It really adds to the semi-edit version.

18. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Thank you, Lord Ravenous.

I now have 5 Wookiee points!
    [face_party]

19. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    I start laying out contracts at 8. So 1 Wookiee point will be awarded to all apprentices who quote this message and reply with something that entertains me... Or choose to ignore this and miss out on precious Wookiee points that are undefined.

20. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Chewie is practicing a piece by Francisco Tarrega!

21. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Jan 4, 2017
    *is still concerned that Wookiee points might be made out of poo*

DarthIshyZ and QueenSabe7 like this.
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I did not need to read that first thing this morning...

23. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Interesting that the KoD is more active than here. I'd almost go so far as to say it's taken over as the main Sith thread!

Sent using Tapatalk this was.

24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    NO, don't say that!

25. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    The idea is for them to be equally active as strong pillars of the Empire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.