main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Sith Empire - Lords of the New Sith Order - Continuing to put the Laughter into Manslaughter!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Stott

Lord Stott Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 4, 2016
    I find Darth Nihilus to be an incredibly fascinating figure and definitely one of my favourite sith. Among his greatest strengths, I would include:
    1. Ambition: Nihilus was one of the original three Triumvirate, a path of which our Lords Insipid and Haretisch and and Lady Belligerant have so wisely and powerfully followed *bows* Of course you can’t get to a leadership position without having massive amounts of ambition, the drive to be at the top. This is a powerful strength.
    2. Knowledge of the Force: Obviously, Nihilus showed a vast array of powerful Force knowledge, including the ability to encase his spirit or Force presence inside a case of armour and mask and the ability to cut off fellow Triumvir Traya from the Force.
    3. Endurance: Such a persistant and powerful hunger such as Nihilus experienced would call for intense endurance to be able to function, survive and rise for such a great length of time and be able to defeat enemy after enemy.
    4. Foresight: Nihilus created a holocron with his simulated consciousness preserved inside, providing the possibility that his knowledge and ambitions may be passed on. This was also shown when he took his apprentice, Marr.

Among his greatest weaknesses, I would include:
    1. Indulgence: As great a drive as his hunger was, it was also a detriment. By allowing his hunger to grow and, indeed, using it to fuel his desires, he created a great weakness within himself.
    2. Inability or refusal to see other perspectives: The reason Nihilus joined with Sion to destroy Traya was because of differing opinions on how to take down the Jedi. If you refuse to listen and include aspects of other’s plans, you will never grow and expand your mental reaches. That is a large weakness indeed.
    3. Predictable: Nihilus wasn’t one to save secrets such as personality traits or ambitions. This predictible nature eventually led to his downfall, as Traya (or Kreia, as I believe her original name was) was able to guess exactly where he’d be and how to defeat him.
    4. Dependance: Perhaps Nihilus’ greatest weakness, his hunger was almost an addiction of sorts. He knew some of the greatest secrets in Sith lore, but these, and his unstoppable hunger, had to be satiated by Force energy, leading him to deplete reserves and stores of Force energy. He could not function without it.

WookieeRage

2. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    Lord Stott

You're late with this task, Venitum....Fortunately for you, it was well written and you made excellent points regarding a Great Sith from the past. I too share something with Nihilus... An insatiable Hunger... Also fortunate for you, I have already feasted today upon a lost traveler.[face_skull][face_skull]

Award yourself....*thinks momentarily* 3 points apprentice.

I will have another task for you posted within the next few hours.

3. Lord Stott

Oct 4, 2016
    My Master is most gracious indeed *bows deeply* My eternal thanks, Lord Ravenous. You have my promise that I will be much earlier with this task.

4. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    We will see...Now rise and claim your prestige.

5. Lord Stott

Oct 4, 2016
    Added to my signature, my Lord. I await your next task with great interest!

6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    *just got home, time to play ketchup and read everything! =P~

7. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    You've got red on you...

Also, Darth Osnil, I see a rule in the Multiverse RP that says no fourth wall breaking. What if I want to play as Deadpool?

8. Lord Stott

Oct 4, 2016
    Deadpool should be an automatic pass, come on Osnil!

Mikaboshi and WookieeRage like this.
  9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Darth_wanderguard

That floor plan/ map is pure RPG ambrosia. I would have likely died if you had scaled it!! ( relative distances in meters)

The Gravity Room!!![face_skull][face_devil]^:)^

SOLD!!!!

10. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    I was just joking, I'm already involved with too many RP's at the moment. lol Deadpool just came to mind when I read that.

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    You feel you're at your limit. But your hunger shall leave you joining more.

[face_devil]

12. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    knowing your limit, and knowing when to push them, is an important thing. also knowing when a game is going to be slow enough that you can join it anyway is always useful. the marvel game is one such, it feels like a small time commitment since it doesn't update that often.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  13. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Good idea.

There are still some modifications to be made to those maps - that's one I would like to do if it's feasible.

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    By the way, my family has a rule for Sundays. No electronics until 6PM unless it's raining or an emergency. You likely won't see me at all tomorrow.

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

Lord Stott and Darth_wanderguard like this.
  15. WookieeRage

Feb 3, 2016
    Awww Yisssss!.. I mean "I hope it rains.":rolleyes:
    :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  16. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    Sinrebirth

For this task I am actually going to use the same empire/kingdom. I immediately looked past anything to do with the Banite line, since that ends with Sidious and that's way too obvious, and the same with Krayt, because in many ways those are the only two that ever truly achieved the Sith goal of complete galactic dominance... and even they failed due to the unknown regions. I also am ignoring Lord Kaan's “empire” because it is by far the least Sithly of the group, having many Dark Lords as supposed equals. It just smacks of heresy, and is far too easy for disapproval. So, having technically already completed the task, I'm going to go into more detail about the one that I personally find the most interesting of the group: The Lost Tribe.

Part of why I find them to be so interesting is that they were completely cut off from the rest of the galaxy, were some of the bottom of the barrel, not of even enough value to have on a battlefield, and yet they still managed to conquer a kingdom of their own, then the whole planet, and then as soon as the chance presented itself began to have immediate impact on a galactic scale to the point of even taking control of the Galactic Alliance for a time. To me that is more impressive than the Empires that grew organically, or the Banite line's preparing for a millennium for the one Sith who could take over everything... and even that required the help of Plageius for Palpatine to truly succeed as we saw in the book Darth Plageius.

So, the things to be approved of from this group of Sith, to me, are the sheer stubbornness that they had. If you put a group of Jedi into this same situation and odds are they die out with the current generation, with the whole no reproduction/marrying thing going on, also with the rather disturbing tendency they have to accept their fates and the whole will of the Force malarkey. Not only did they manage to survive the wreck and a severe lack of resources when it comes to the planet they landed on, they managed to turn it into a situation where they took control of the continent they found themselves on. They also turned a fairly small group of people, only around two hundred if I'm remembering right, and make humans the dominant species on the continent, and then planet. That they were able to do so in such a technologically backwards planet is also extremely impressive. It was a struggle to even make it onto another continent for the longest time due to the lack of wood, but no only did they find a way, they managed to twist the beliefs from the other continent into them being the rulers without even a huge fight. From there on it was pretty much status quo, but they managed to maintain it without falling to some of the more destructive tendencies that the Sith tend to deal with. Instead they stayed strong, and then when Ship showed up and took Vestara to take a single ship, they parlayed that one acquisition into galactic power and being able to go after the same things that Luke was in the maw. They were at a sever disadvantage in not having had the same kinds of technology, or even really having some of the concepts that they needed to deal with on a galactic scale, and still it didn't stop them. Overall one of the most impressive, and rapid, rises in the history of the galaxy. They also managed to destroy Dreypa, which given his status and powers was not precisely a minor thing, even his followers couldn't manage it and instead trapped him inside a oubliette.

Now to the things to be disapproved of. Early on the backbiting did almost steal hope from them, and they were almost far too self destructive due to that. I think that was a bit of a problem from the Empire that they had previously been a part of before finding themselves on Kesh, but that it carried over even into a situation as life and death as that, where working together was an extreme necessity, does not speak well to some of the origins. Yaru Korsin was able to unite them beyond that ultimately, but that was something that could have resulted in all of their deaths instead of the rise that they ultimately achieved. Something else that was severely problematic was a time known as the Rot that was basically when they lost all hope of ever achieving anything, and the Sith were involved in constant infighting and careless and pointless killing of useful assets. Literally the only thing that saved them during that time was a historian by the name of Varner Hilts, who was looked down in the extreme by most people as well. He was able to unlock some of the secrets of the Omen (ship that they crash landed on Kesh with), and ultimately united the Sith on the continent. Notably it was also Hilts who was the one who conquered the other major continent on the planet Kesh, and it was also during his reign that they dealt with Dreypa. Hilts managed something fairly amazing in that he earned the trust of the other major leaders of his time to the point that they not only didn't try to replace him, but they didn't want to. One could argue that this was something of a weakness that the Lost Tribe had in that they weren't as ambitious (though there is the counter argument in what they achieved in the wider galaxy), but I think that's partially a result of simply the situation they were in. What real upwards mobility was there to be had on Kesh when one could rule lands and have a fairly decent life for oneself and one's offspring? Until Ship's arrival I'd argue not very much. Something that could also be considered a weakness/something to be disapproved of was their obsession with ascetics, and how that could negatively impact someone's life and career even if in their own right they were powerful and capable. That's a silly waste, Vestara herself almost being one such due to a small scar around her mouth. Overall, not a huge amount to really disapprove of, but those things that are there were significant and almost resulted either in their complete downfall or the waste of otherwise useful assets. There was one other thing that they did that bothered me pretty significantly, and that was underestimating Abeloth. Instead of using Luke and Ben to actually kill Abeloth before she could get off the planet, they stabbed Luke in the back prematurely and then thought they could control a being such as Abeloth. The height of arrogance, and ultimately something that cost them as a group in the extreme. Ultimately they couldn't recognize what was too much to try to bite off, and attempted to achieve what was ultimately completely unachievable.

Overall the story of The Lost Tribe is truly fascinating, and you have a bit of a microcosm of several different Sith ideologies playing out there, and it was interesting to see the evolutions that they went through from conquerors to hopeless back to conquerors to simply maintaining a very stable and powerful status quo, something that no other empire ever truly achieved outside of Vitiate's Empire.

Hopefully this is a satisfactory response to your task, Emperor Insipid.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    You pick your Sith regime very well, apprentice.

Indeed, in two years they seized control of the Alliance, even if only for a month. Their continuity of Order, even if you only take it from the Hilts Restoration and the ignore all lost by the Time of Rot, is three millennia of stability and growth. Seven thousand Sith converged on Coruscant and infiltrated all walks of life.

But of course it was all for naught as their infiltration of the Lecersen Conspiracy was infiltrated by Abeloth... And for a second time the Tribe collaborated with a monster who cared nothing for her, even allowing her to consume a High Lord.

Two prestige points.

And who wants to know the dichromatic armoured Sith who took over the Galactic Empire? Nobody guessed it thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    thank you master, i'm glad that you approve.

*bows*

the change has been noted in my signature already.

19. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *conducts his lightsaber kata in the stillness of the thread*

20. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    *raises hand*

I searched and searched, found squat. :confused:

21. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Yes, sir! I'd like to know as well.

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

22. Hershoon the Destroyer

Hershoon the Destroyer Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2016
    The name of Trayuſ thunderſ acroſſ the ſtarſ; creatureſ weep at betrayalſ unexpected; ſtrandſ of hiſtory dance in the flameſ of oblivion.
    The lack of mine preſence in thine trialſ ſhould by rightſ be a moſt diſconcerting factor.

23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Have we met before?

24. Hershoon the Destroyer

Hershoon the Destroyer Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2016
    Not ſo, little prince. You were not yet born when I waſ old.

Lord Stott and Darth Sophis like this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    In this guise, perhaps. Do you indeed purport to be 600 millennia old? The Infinite Sith crushed you during their ascendancy, of that I have no doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.