main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Sith Empire - Lords of the New Sith Order - Continuing to put the Laughter into Manslaughter!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Excellent! Remember to curtsy to Empress Fel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snokers and Lady Belligerent like this.
  2. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    @Sinrebirth

Whew. I now have temporary access to a computer, and intend to make the most of it. Below follows my most recent mini-assignment. Expect the original one on Soa to be rather close on its heels, stalking through the undergrowth, preparing to pounce, brandishing... ah, where was I? Right, the analysis.

Ah, yes; the wonderful world of Kalsunor. Wind whistles through the desolate ruins of a civilisation long gone, picking up dust in an insipid display not to be seen by any sentient eyes. An ominous, irregular drumbeat can be heard some distance away, akin to both the thunder of a powerful storm and an incessant artillery cannonade. But no storm clouds are apparent, and there is no one on the planet to use artillery... What is heard, day in and day out, is the endless clattering and snapping of gigantic mandibles, wielded by hordes of silooth - titanic beetles of war, once used by the ancient Sith to overrun the world, now its sole masters. The Sith had deposited these warbeasts on Kalsunor as a last-ditch effort to conquer its stubborn defenders, only to find that they could not control the beasts once their enemies had been destroyed, and were forced to abandon the world to the sands of time. But when did this event occur?

There is too little evidence to pinpoint a concrete date, yet some measurements can indeed be made. To begin with, it is known that it occured before the arrival of the Twelve on Korriban, in 6900 BBY. Then, the conflict saw the first deployment of the silooth in war, and the timeframes for the two are thus inextricably linked. It is also known that the information on it was gleaned by Sorzus Syn from the Nakgru Holocron, which details the time of King Adas and the wars that occured under him and his successors. The text on the silooth is arguably within the context of that narrative, which may put the Kalsunor conflict around Adas' time, but it is not stated for certain. "Long ago" is what we get from Syn's entry on silooths. The terentatek is described as "more recent" than beasts such as the silooth, and there was a preserved body of one in the Sanctum of Sakkra-Kla, sealed more than 10,000 years before the Heresiarchs' arrival. So, we have pushed back the date to 16,900 BBY and backwards as the latest point of silooths' creation, given the terentatek's being a more recent one. We also know that the same war that spawned the silooth also introduced the warbird and the war behemoth, but no leads seem to exist as to the time of their creation, to my knowledge.

With the time of King Adas and his successors, circa 28,000 BBY and onward as the most concrete earliest time, and 16,900 BBY as the absolute latest, considering the terentatek was already interred in the Sanctum by then, and one may place the time of Kalsunor's desolation during Adas' conquests of ca 28,000 to 27,000 BBY, or the conflicts that followed his death, with some millennia to spare. The defenders of the world are not specified, and could have been a native species or a rival Sith faction.

I had used the Book of Sith, Dark Side Sourcebook's silooth entry, the Sith War Behemoth Creature Feature on the archived Wizards.com, and Wookieepedia artcles Kalsunor, Silooth, Kissai, Battle of Kalsunor, Unidentified Sith Empire conflict. If you have more interesting sources on this, I'd be delighted to know!

Something else I've discovered is the existence of an Imperial Grand Admiral named Peccati Syn, who renamed his flagship the Silooth, and was born on Taris. Could he be a descendant of some relative of Sorzus Syn's, perchance, considering that some Heresiarchs who returned to the Republic seem to have visited Taris in some way during the war, with Muur's talisman being lost there? [face_thinking]

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Two points; one for the answer and one for the Syn aside that I did not know simply because I keep assuming Syn's flagship is called Fi and forget it was renamed by the latest batch of Legends.

Well done, my apprentice.

Darth Sophis likes this.
  4. Darth Sophis

Apr 5, 2016
    Thank you, my Master. I myself had not thought of the conflict much, and the task gave me the perfect lead to pursue the information. If I could, I would award points to you, as well! :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    *smiles*

I accept the gesture regardless.

As to that connection you supplied, I shall bequeath a titbit you may not know as a reward; researching Kostanza Dooku will reveal unto you a whole wave of knowledge you may never have encountered.

Snokers, do you intend to continue through the new canon novels? If not, I would bequeath something that you may find of interest, as well. If so, then I shall await you meeting that knowledge.

Your next task is tied to your meeting with the Empress.

6. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Sinrebirth

I do intend to continue through the new canon but I'm too intrigued to resist. Do tell!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Palpatine was digging with something on Jakku connected with the dark side. There was a secret research station that Gallius Rax, a twelve year old boy from Jakku, was tasked with protecting while the droids dug on his behalf. I recall Jakku rather heavily featured in your narrative... And whatever it was buried there - it was important a thousand years ago and will be important again... And the dig was started by an Imperial Advisor who is a dark side cultist without the Force... Pushing for the Empire to hunt for the source of the dark side

8. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    That is... tantalizing story potential.

Need to think on this! :cool:

What was the task you had in mind regarding the meeting with the Empress?

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well trying not to die was the largest task But High Lord Manticore may have some choice words for someone running. greyjedi125?

With Hespar above, maybe the Empress will flee the way you came in? Or maybe she will flee through the Senate, corinthia?

10. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    The scene is a bit nuanced with some deservedly rich potential, all tied to each and every player ( or it could be my overactive imagination ). Manticore does have choice words, but they are best delivered in person, as intended. That being said, he's taking somewhat of a 'scenic' route more or less on his way to the 'Empress', since there's a sub-plot ( minefield ) I'm trying not to have explode in his face. The Emperor/Sinre is very tricksy....If you have not noticed. :p

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Also;

Darth Rozic

I see you've annotated PP to your signature. Please add another point for accomplishing that.

How are you progressing with the EDITED skill points for your CS?

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if Jakku is where the "extinction" of the Sith occured 1000 years before the movies.

13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

The Jakku Justification instead of the Ruusan Reformation? :cool:

Darth Sophis and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    "Take 'em to church!"
    - Tony Stark

15. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    SateleNovelist11, I see that and I think "I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies..."

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

I do not think the ribbons have me in bonds, dear sister. I'm free.

17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I like ribbons, and lace.....sometimes a bit of leather. [face_mischief]

E. L.Knight likes this.
  18. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

I thought this was a prerequisite for joining the Sith Empire? No? [face_whistling]

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
  20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    When Sidious declared, "Henceforth you shall be know as Darth... Vader," might he have been consulting with the spirits of past Sith Lords to decide on a Darth name for Anakin?

DarthIshyZ and Darth Sophis like this.
  21. Darth Sophis

Apr 5, 2016
    That could be a possibility, in my view. Sithisis showed us he could do so, and it is written that he queried the dark side as to the name. Unless one considers it a thinking entity, the logical explanation may well be that Force-dwelling dark side beings answered him. Nice thinking!

I've been wondering about something similar lately, too. When Sidious kills Plagueis and experiences the rush of power standing at the window, he feels something "shading his sense of triumph", perceiving a "power greater than himself". He theorises it may be Plagueis surviving in some way - interesting if Snoke ends up being him, if one takes the One Canon approach. Or could it have been aforementioned Sith spirits? Immortal Gods of the Sith? Abeloth? We saw that heightened states of awareness/power can let one glimpse her in the force. But I don't recall encountering any official clarification on this passage..

Sent from 7000 BBY.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Has anyone seen or heard from WookieeRage recently?

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Save for his occasional like of things...?

24. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Perhaps my apprentice has abandoned the darkside?

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    A soul like that will never escape our grasp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.