main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Sith Empire - Lords of the New Sith Order - Continuing to put the Laughter into Manslaughter!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Togrutan_Sith

Togrutan_Sith Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 8, 2016
    I wish Dooku had a larger role in the entirety of star wars. cool character, but in the grand scheme of things, was insignificant

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  2. Darth Osnil

Darth Osnil Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 29, 2016
    He was a paste in character because idiots all over threw a fit about Jar-Jar Binks existing.

3. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    I thought it was too bad that his past wasn't better explained in the films.

4. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    that's the thing about movies, exposition is generally considered to be a bad thing and there really wasn't any other way to do it.

QueenSabe7 and Anakin.Skywalker like this.
  5. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I appreciated they expanded on Dooku's character in the Clone Wars. His vague back story was interesting. A former respected Jedi Master trained by Yoda who felt the Jedi were corrupt and had to deal with his apprentice dying do to the Jedi's unwillingness to act during a conflict. It is a disappointment that in the movies it seems he was just a "what are we going to do between Maul and Vader"? Character.

6. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    *yawns and finally crawls out of bed* Good morning, Sith.

7. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Greetings from the icy north.

8. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    Good morning, people :)

Halle Dray and A Blind Prophet like this.
  9. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm about to finish reading Black Fleet Crisis Part I: Before the Storm. Even though the Bastion Accords hadn't yet been signed yet in this point in Legends continuity, the Empire is basically done as a threat. Yet, the New Republic knows it still can throw a nasty right hook if necessary. And they still have to deal with the leftovers of the Empire's legacy, this time in the form of the Yevetha. It shows that not everyone who was oppressed by the Empire will willingly go along with each other.

Apart from Leia's heritage being revealed in Bloodline, we really haven't seen the New Republic having to deal with the leftovers of the Imperial legacy (pre-TFA, of course), once the Galactic Concordance is imposed.

10. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    PCCViking

Did you read Bloodline? Was it good?

11. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Yes, it's good. I've read all of the adult-oriented canon novels, plus Lost Stars. I haven't read Ahsoka yet.

12. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    Thank you. :)

13. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    I'm reading Bloodline, currently. I'm about a third of the way through. It's very good! Personally I'm really enjoying the abundance of female characters. Ahsoka is next on my reading list, and I'm thinking I'd like to pick up Lost Stars after my next paycheck.

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Female characters can be fun to read. Especially that one who's so into royalty. So catty! So devious!

15. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    *groans*!!!

Just took holidays pictures with my coworkers. And then one with my boss because we were the two that were dressed up the most (for the holidays)

I haven't photographed well since I hit puberty! *moans and groans* again.

Now they're gonna put that mess on facebook!!!! *groans and nearly dies*

QueenSabe7 likes this.
  16. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    there are worse things anakin. losing one's limbs and burning in lava comes to mind. >_>

17. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    Thanks, but that doesn't help. :) It is appreciated, though.

A Blind Prophet likes this.
  18. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    perhaps focusing on what you do have as opposed to the badness of being photographed might be in order? i mean, you have a job unlike more than a few people out there. you aren't begging on a street corner somewhere. lord knows i've seen more than a few people doing that.

at least for myself, i know that helps me to be more accepting of things i may not be thrilled about.

Dagobahsystem and DarthIshyZ like this.
  19. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    You're right. I shouldn't complain. Thank you. It could be much, much worse. :)

A Blind Prophet and DarthIshyZ like this.
  20. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Photographs steal your soul. They're evil.

21. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    happy to help anakin. sometimes it just takes a little perspective.

22. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    A Blind Prophet

I really, truly admire you. You are intelligent and you are able to maintain perspective in life. You are always so precise, and yet so kind if you correct someone. Such people are rare, and I really wish I were more like you. Unfortunately, sometimes I get a little too depressed or frustrated, and I forget to take a step back and search for the good parts.

Thank you

23. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    Anakin.Skywalker

i'm unsure what to say other than thank you. [face_blush] that's the nicest thing anyone's said about me in a very long time. i'm simply myself, earned through more than a few conquered trials in life.

for yourself, simply live each day and grow. lord knows i was nothing like i am now at your age. knowing who you want to be is always a good thing. just don't try to be anyone else, find the traits that you like in others, but never try to be them. they've walked their own road, lived through their own successes and tragedies, and been molded by them. the lucky ones find out the essence of who they are, and become fully themselves. others instead find themselves searching their whole lives, never really knowing who they are and attempting to find it in someone else.

hopefully that can help in some small way. :)

24. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    *stabs a slave and splashes blood around*

We can't get to serious! :p

Peons! Clean this mess up.

25. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    *smiles* obviously not.

on a different note, i've gotten myself into a mess in the dueling thread if anyone's interested.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.