main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Sith Empire - Lords of the New Sith Order - Continuing to put the Laughter into Manslaughter!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Hopefully this is good... :)

Being a Sith Priest to me means devoting oneself entirely to the worship study of the dark side. This includes the great power it provides through selfishness, anger, hatred and all other aspects. As an Inquisitor, being a Sith Priest also means doing whatever you can to keep the Sith Order pure of all ideals of the light side and the jedi. Jedi Philosophy as well as Light Side Spirituality are a plague upon the universe that must be cured or quarantined at all costs least they infect our fellow Sith, creating so-called 'light Sith' or even losing them to the jedi all together. There are also dangerous and foreign ideas that can spring up from our own within the dark side that could lead to abominations like the Brotherhood of Darkness and Krayt's Rule of One, both travesties in Sith History. Sith Purity and Dark Side Spirituality are both important aspects of Sith Priesthood and Inquisition for the good of both one's self and the survival of the Sith Order as well.

The spiritual aspect of the dark side is appealing to me because, I, Darth Cocytus, have great respect for the power of anger, hatred, passion and patience how they help break my chains of the limitations of what is deemed possible in the material world. To have one's mind and spirit transcend what ordinary folk call 'reality' to infinite possibilities is the ultimate goal of a priest and even though it's not my only goal, it is indeed one of my goals as well. Thus, being able to push my mind and spirit beyond how the world affects our perception of what is space, time, truth, and reality is what greatly appeals to me about spiritualness of the Dark Side.

For bonus points: Darth Bane could be considered priest-like despite being more of a warrior. He valued rigid Sith Purity, to the point of rightly destroying the filthy BoD and constantly searched out secrets of the dark side to build his RoT on. So I guess this makes him somewhat of a priest, right?

Tag: corinthia

2. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
  3. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Good morning, everyone. I just finished watching back-to-back Doctor Who episodes involving The Silence.

4. Darth Osnil

Darth Osnil Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 29, 2016
    I'm so sorry for you. *winces in memory of those episodes*

PCCViking and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

Are you saying that their powers should have been real and I should forget ever watching them? :D

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    Morning people!

7. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
  8. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Those were sad and wonderful Doctor Who episodes.

PCCViking likes this.
  10. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I prefer the Weeping Angels myself. I can't stop looking at them. :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  11. Darth Osnil

Sep 29, 2016
    Don't forget the one about the library that ate the flesh off of people almost instantaneously. I couldn't finish it. . .

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    That's true, and they are probably the only really frightening DW villains left.

Darth Osnil likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I didn't even watch the Christmas special. Which is sad but it's been dragged out a bit too much for me now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Osnil likes this.
  14. Darth Osnil

Sep 29, 2016
    Angels still haven't lost their spook though. They couldn't be any scarier if they were Gargoyles.

PCCViking likes this.
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, that would be an interesting twist. Do you think we'll get another Neil Gaiman written episode this season?

16. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014

That's because they're used so infrequently. One of the complaints about the Borg in Voyager is that they've basically been defanged since Voyager is able to continuously outwit them.

17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, that would be embarrassing.

18. Darth Osnil

Sep 29, 2016
    I have no idea. But what I think would be interesting is if the Gargoyles are another race of Angels at war with the Angels. And the Doctor has to determine which side to help, as both are committing atrocities.

19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah, that would be a good idea. Now, I have to leave for class.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  20. Darth Osnil

Sep 29, 2016
    Now that I have a bit of time, I am going to ponder which race to make my Trials Bounty Hunter. I'm planning to use lesser-known races, or uncommon ones for him/her (working on gender as well).
    My current species candidacy list:
    1. Quarren
    2.Karkarodon
    3. Amaran
    4. Besalisk
    5. Cathar
    6. Duros (I know this one's used a bit more frequently, but they're freaking awesome)
    7. Lasat???? (Don't know yet-it'd require a heck of a lot of explaining)
    8. Mon Calamari
    9. Togruta?

E. L.Knight and onqun like this.
  21. Anakin.Skywalker

Oct 11, 2016
    I am ashamed to say I had to look all of those up except the last two.

A lot of good choices, Darth Osnil

22. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    You mentioned a Mandalorian game, Darth_Elu, I inquired this to the Mand'alor, a few days ago, he said there will eventually be one.

Darth_Elu and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    thank you, for the life of me i couldn't figure out who the fourth one was.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. onqun

onqun Jedi Knight

Apr 7, 2016
    Chiss maybe?

25. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016

these are hardly lesser known races, or even really uncommon. all of them have been pretty significantly used in the old EU, or were parts of movies or games. any of the ones not listed her would work.

and the chiss are... probably overdone, considering that they live in the unknown regions and should be all but invisible to the greater galaxy.

my suggestion, talk to Mitth_Fisto. he has a habit of doing that kind of thing and could probably help you out more than anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.