1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive The Sith Hunter Chronicles Part 1

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Lord_Raziel, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

Jedi Temple, Galactic City, Coruscant

Hylas was taken quite aback by the almost cavalier attitude this Jedi of unknown rank displayed. He was frustrated even.

There's not a whole lot I can do for you personally, so what's going to happen is I'm going to take you upstairs to our comm center and you can explain exactly what's going on to someone who might be able to help you out.

Right now everything seemed so mundane - he was being taken to a comm center like a lost child. The man began to move, presumably toward the comm center, and motioned Hylas to follow. Still frustrated at the comment about not coming in the dark, Hylas made an attempt to iterate his point more clearly, to make the Jedi realize the direness of his plight.

I don't think you understand, sir. Someone is coming after me... I've spent so many years seeking the Jedi, but never quite got here, and it seems that as fate has it, I've found my way here at exactly the right time.

Again with the blatant lie; a lie that was actually the clear truth. This Jedi did not understand. Someone would be coming in succession of Hylas, and indeed he had sought out the Jedi for most of his life, never making his way to the Temple until this very night. Life is filled with nothing but symbols - you choose them and appropriate reactions... His Master had often told him this. Ingrained into him from a young age was that nothing is as it seems - and everything Hylas had seen only reinforced this...the dichotomy was stark.

They had only been walking a moment, at a much slower pace than the one with which this Jedi had approached him, when Hylas again felt a presence in the Force, this time more than one; this time there was concern. Again, he mustered much restraint, forcing himself to not look back at whomever they were that approached...though suddenly something changed. They were no longer being approached; they were being followed. The presence was almost familiar, and Hylas made sure to stay keen and aware; he couldn't let himself slip up - the consequences would be too great.

TAG Lord_Raziel; Radiance; darth_Boba
  2. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

IC Angelo

Angelo hurried after the group of Jedi he had just met. Being 15 and not fully developed yet, he almost had to jog in order to keep up with the powerful stride of Master Gabriel and his cohorts. His mind was passive now. More a curious nature than a knowledge seeking one. He had enough to mull over in his thoughts for the time being.

Oddly enough, Master Gabriel did not dismiss him. It seemed almost as if the Jedi Master wanted him to follow. Though his stride was long and he would know that Angelo was struggling to keep up, he didn?t make a move to simply get away from Angelo, nor did he tell him to go to sleep, even with the late hour. Angelo observed carefully, his mind taking in everything about the three Jedi walking before him.

They seemed to be their own unit. Other Jedi moved out of their direct path when the group approached. Whether out of respect or a weary nature of understanding, Angelo couldn?t tell. Confidence pulsed through Master Gabriel and his companions. Of the two Knights, Angelo was watching Serus Tallarn more. Something in her seemed to harmonize with his own body. Perhaps a shared experience, or similar event in their respective histories. Angelo couldn?t help but feel kindred to her in some way. She carried a heavy weight on her shoulders.

His sleeves were flapping around him as he fought himself to stay in a brisk walk, trying to keep up. The Force warned him an instant before the group ahead of him stopped. He planted his next step firmly into the floor so that he wouldn?t go barreling into the back of Kalos Va.

Angelo looked around quickly. Judging by the activity and overall architecture of the walls, Angelo came to the conclusion that they were in the entrance hall of the Temple. He heard Master Gabriel speaking of outsiders in the Temple. Angelo craned his neck, trying to see who the Master was talking about.

Ice hit his stomach and the hair on his neck stood up as the Force took hold of him. His face turned from one of polite curiosity to full on danger mode. His deep blue eyes narrowed dangerously and his hand fell slowly to the hilt of his lightsaber in extreme caution, though he did not draw. The being before him had a strange aura. An outsider in the Temple was odd enough. Judging from the dark hue of the Aura, Angelo gauged that the outsider was older than he was, more experienced.

The tint of an individuals aura gave Angelo a vague impression of their age, or at least their season in the ways of the Force. Masters were a deep, clear color, while Padawan?s and Apprentices were commonly a faint blue or a pale gray as they learned. But this outsider?.

His aura was flickering. As if he had stuck his hand too close to an energy coupling. It was rapidly fluctuating between gray and pale blue. Angelo had seen such a sight only once before in his lifetime. It had been the very moment before his former Master had been struck down. He hadn?t known what the flickering meant at the time, and had been too late to react to it as his Master was murdered. At first Angelo had thought the flickering meant someone who was untrained to harness the Force. But it was closer to assume that the flickering aura meant that someone was either lying or not telling the whole truth. The Dark Side was a difficult thing to detect when it wasn?t blatant. But whether or not Angelo was certain in the outsiders intentions or not. He would never again see that flicker and not drop into a state of high alert.

The persons back was turned to their group at the moment and Angelo didn?t plan on letting the opportunity to pass easily. He gave a gentle Force tug on the hem of Kalos Va?s sleeve. When he was sure he had the Knight?s attention he spoke in almost an inaudible whisper.

??.Master?..?

Angelo tilted his head in a very low, very discreet nod towards the outsider. The Miraluka had a white knuckled grip on the top of his lightsaber hilt. His sight rapidly searching the vast entrance hall. His mind began to race with possibilities.

Okay? no places for ambush. Imp
  3. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Gabriel

Angelo seemed to depart the group at a jog, he knew the boy could sense the auras of anyone in their lives, it was the trade off they made for real sight. He could feel the tension in the air, through the force and among the group.

As the boy moved away quickly Gabriel looked to his two companions, Serus and Kalos, with a quick nod the three began to run after him. Their sabers springing to their hands as they moved, their eyes completely focused. Gabriel could feel someone ahead was bringing the force to bare, he quickly did the same and with superhuman speed the three caught Angelo in their sights.

Gabriel closed the distance in a matter of seconds clasping an iron grip on the boy's shoulder, the two instantly came to a stop, Angelo's legs almost running away from his body. Suddenly the boy was surrounded by veteran knights of the order, their gazes piercing through the young Miraluka. Gabriel crouched down a little to come face to face with Angelo, "What do you hope to achieve if this intruder is what you suspect.....he would crush you and anyone who came across him.....if we are to arrest this man then we shall do it properly with the right precautions."

Gabriel let his gaze rest upon the boy, his words scathing and frustrated, he was not used to working alongside youngsters who ran blazing into situations they knew little about. Gabriel patted the boy softly on the shoulder and looked to his knights, the four of them moved quickly and quietly to the doors of the Comm room, they would intercept the Jedi and his charge before they reached the doors. Answers would be given....or taken...

Tag all
  4. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Angelo

An iron grip slammed into Angelo's shoulder pinning him down completely and stopping him dead in his tracks. Angelo spun and realized that he was face to face with Master Gabriel.

Had the trio really crossed that distance so quickly? Their power was becoming more and more obvious.

"What do you hope to achieve if this intruder is what you suspect.....he would crush you and anyone who came across him.....if we are to arrest this man then we shall do it properly with the right precautions."

Angelo frowned to himself.

"Master... I've seen that type of aura before... it surrounded the man that murdered my former Master. If the outsider here in the Temple is anything close to the one that killed my Master.... then he needs to be destroyed, not arrested. I may not have the strength to do such a feat by myself... but I may be able to slow him down if an engagement does come to pass and he tries to slip away... I don't wish to waste my life needlessly or fruitlessly, but the Dark Side must be taken out wherever we find it. Otherwise, our brethren will fall."

Angelo spoke with conviction in his voice now. Completely aware that he was talking to someone who had probably killed more Dark Jedi than most of the Masters in the Order. He was explaining something that the man already knew. It may seem as if it were idle talk of a young person but Angelo felt his words and meant them to the very core. He didn't want any other apprentice's losing their Masters to an Agent of evil, as he had. He would die willingly to make sure that that never happened.

"I am not even sure that this person is evil... I just recognize the trend in Aura pattern. It may be nothing. But it may be a Sith, right here in our Temple. I know I am only 15, but if I can stop even a false tradgedy from happening then it is my duty as a Jedi and a man to do so..."

Tag Raziel
  5. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ic: Gabriel

The master listened to the boys words, they rang true, but of course Gabriel knew the risks involved and what they were all doing to prevent their rise to power. Gabriel was stunned however by Angelo's conviction to their destruction, this was a path that could easily lead a Jedi down the path to the dark side.

Gabriel felt the ripples coming from the two knights next to him, over the years he had become attuned to their presence and felt their respect for the boy growing. Even the usually cold Kalos Va had released his firm grip on his defences for a moment, there was something different about this boy, something Gabriel would not be able to pass up lightly.

"Well, I can see there will be no stopping you, so let us arrest this intruder together, Kalos, Serus....we have work to do."

Tag rockdragon, darth_boba, Radiance
  6. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

Temple Corridor, Galactic City, Coruscant

It wasn't thirty seconds after making another attempt with this blue Jedi that Hylas realized, for the moment, their stalkers had ceased. Immediately his instincts begged him to panic, but he remained calm. The comm center could not be much further away, and speculation is worthless. He would deal with the situation when it presented itself. For a moment though, Hylas thought about what he was doing. He didn't hate the Jedi per se... Firmly disagreeing with much of their core thought, yes, but he had hardly encountered enough Jedi to form any real hatred. It was perhaps that he saw them as a contradiction. This big, safe fortress that was encompassed by one of the safest planets in the Galaxy - housing these self-titled guardians, yet he had seen so many people in despair, seen so many enslaved and impoverished; where were the Jedi for all of those? It was where he didn't see the Jedi that fueled a hatred in him - not that he was overcome with sympathy for those undetermined, weak people that were taken advantage of throughout the Galaxy - it was that these hero's, these guardians were too pitiful, too weak themselves to stand up for what they believed in everywhere; their inability to take control and mandate the peace they so badly wanted. It was the fact that their teachings, their self-imposed limitations set them up to fail.

Hylas had always been one to run thoughts through his mind at hyperspeed, and now was no exception. He could feel anticipation thick in the air and he knew he would need to be quick witted - he cleared his mind and prepared for whatever awaited him at the comm center.

7. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Zeno Tarsus
    Jedi Temple

"If you're being hunted," Zeno said, "I think you should be okay; people are the most dangerous game."
    You're thinking of the hounds of Zaroff.
    "Same thing."
    As they reached the entrance to the comm center, Zeno turned to the kid.
    "That," he said. "And there's a lot of Jedi here. Triple digits, easy."
    The door opened with a hiss, revealing not only the on hand security staff, but a group of Jedi well.
    "See?" He said reassuringly. "We're all over the place. You're totally surrounded."

Tag: All
  8. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2

The four Jedi wheeled round the corner to see the stranger and the other Jedi open the door to the comm room and step forward, Gabriel burst forward with Kalos and Serus. "Halt! Jedi detain that man immediately, you will report to me immediately how a member of the public has gotten this far into the temple."

Gabriel's eyes were piercing, flanked by the imposing presence of the two Knights. Gabriel waited for the shocked comm room to come to their senses, not often did a master get involved with the day to day security of the temple.

Tag Darth_Boba, Radiance, rockdragon
  9. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

Jedi Temple Comm Center, Galactic City, Coruscant

After what seemed like miles of trekking through Temple corridors, Hylas and the blue Jedi finally reached the comm center. The Jedi cleared the door to open and they entered. Hylas was still unsure of what was happening or what he would do, and then something hit him so strongly in the Force. His reaction may have appeared to be prompted by the hollering Jedi as he entered the comm center - but it was not. He noticed a young Miraluka with the older Jedi, and something about the kid sent Hylas's mind spinning.

....immediately how a member of the public has gotten this far into the Temple

As he had been overcome with focusing on the young boy, Hylas had only registered the very last of what the Jedi shouted. Hylas was exceedingly competent in the Force, and believed fully that what the Jedi considered the "Dark Side" was potentially much more powerful than the practices they limited themselves to, however, he was not a fool - even with his blade, he would be committing suicide by igniting a battle within the Temple. He would allow himself to be detained, and give no signs of defiance. He dropped to his knees, projecting as much fear as he could muster.

Jedi! Please don't harm me!

He shouted as he warily placed his hands above his head.

I'm unarmed... I need assistance, I mean you no harm...

Even as he was putting on this display, Hylas was entranced with the young Miraluka. Hylas had himself encountered only one of these creatures his entire life - it was a Miraluka Jedi, Jerec, who had propositioned his family to take Hylas to train at the Temple. After the murder of his father, Hylas had irrationally blamed that man for his death, and allowed his thirst for revenge to fuel his training.

Hylas no longer blamed him for his father's death - he had come to realize that his father gave up his life so that Hylas would be propelled into a life of respect and recognition. His father was a hero for not turning him over to this caste of servants. Even still though, the young Jedi struck Hylas deeply, and had this man, presumably a Master, not been present - Hylas would have explored this sensation with the Force...

10. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

The Apprentice followed Master Gabriel and his two Knights into the Comm center, hand still white knuckled on the top of his lightsaber hilt.

The outsider gave up immediately. His aura was flickering less now, but Angelo was still weary of the person. He felt the attention of the person shift to him for a brief instant and that alone made the hair on the back of his neck stand up again.

He had to mentally restrain himself from drawing his lightsaber as nothing more than a security blanket of sorts. Angelo felt put off simply by being in the same room. Until he knew what this person was about, he would hold him at arms length. Angelo did not like what he did not understand.

He waited in the back, staring down the outsider and dissecting him in the Force. He wanted to understand if he was right about the individual or not. It would not do to have a Jedi running around ready to draw on anyone that managed to walk into the Temple.

For now, Angelo waited quietly. A look of concentration plastered on his face, his piercing gaze never leaving the individual for an instant. He would let Master Gabriel make his move. The person gave up easily enough. But he was probably not stupid either. Even a Sith who infiltrated the Temple successfully would be committing suicide to start a fight. It could be a trick somehow. But Angelo was not yet gifted with Foresight. He would spend a good portion of his time in the moments to come, mulling over what could be, and the possibilities that lay there.

Tag all
  11. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2

The intruder threw himself upon the ground, pleading to the Jedi around him to spare his life. Gabriel was not swayed for a moment and gestured for the Jedi in the comm room to detain the prisoner immediately. With a slight nod the man was brought to his feet so he could look directly into the eyes of the Weapons Master.

"I do not know what you are doing here, I do not know how you got passed our guardians. But I can assure you...I will find out..."

Gabriel turned to the Jedi around the hallways, the commotion bringing more than enough attention. "Take this man to the detainment cells, I will inform the council of this intrusion, I will ask for their council on the matter, they will surely come up with a reasonable course of action."

Gabriel's imposing form turned to the young Angelo, "Angelo, stay with Serus and Kalos, you there." The master pointed towards the blue Jedi who had origionally found him, "You are in charge of this man, Jedi Knight Serus and Kalos along with their apprentice Angelo will accompany you to the cells until I have returned from the council."

Tag all
  12. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

Jedi Temple Comm Center, Galactic City, Coruscant

Hylas knelt, hands above head, waiting for some response. The Jedi he'd assumed to be of Master status signaled two Jedi of presumably lesser rank to "apprehend" him. Hylas obliged his aggressors, and they brought him to his feet. The lead Jedi stepped toward Hylas, locking eyes,

I do not know what you are doing here, I do not know how you got passed our guardians. But I can assure you... I will find out...

Having moved from the shadows, Hylas immediately recognized the zealous man; he was the infamous "Sith Hunter", Gabriel. Hylas could see the storm in the man's eyes; part of him was almost grateful. Of all the Jedi that he could possibly make immediate contact with, this was surely happenstance. Gabriel was possibly one of the most revered Jedi in Hylas' eyes, if any Jedi could at all be revered by him; mostly because it was clear that Gabriel saw the limitations of his own order. For him, surely, it must be a source of both strength and weakness.

Almost as quickly as this had all started, it came to an end. Gabriel turned around and addressed the young Miraluka, whose name was revealed to be Angelo, and then departed. Hylas cooperatively started down the hallway with the three Jedi and the young trainee, Angelo. He assumed they were headed, as instructed, to some sort of detainment area. Hylas kept careful watch of everything as they moved through the halls. He contemplated escape, it was likely he could even pull it off, but that would risk an almost undeniable revelation of who, or at least, maybe more importantly, what he is. Instead he just continued walking with the Jedi in uncomfortable silence.

You are less welcoming than I had come to expect, Jedi

Hylas stated allowed, addressing none of his captors in particular, but interested to receive a response.

TAG Radiance; darth_Boba

13. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi Temple

"Oh, it's just past everyone's bedtime," Zeno said. "Growing bodies need a lot of sleep, you know. Vegetables are essential too."
    Guiding the group into one of the turbolifts, he was suddenly struck by a thought.
    And what if you're a cannibal?
    The answer was obvious.
    "Become a doctor," he said.
    The turbolift brought them to the base of the Tower of First Knowledge, and after a short walk they came to where the visitor would be detained.
    "We don't usually have prisoners, but when we do, we put them in what the signs tell us are called Sith containment cells. The metal they're made of is too hardcore to be affected by the Force, so whoever's after you isn't going to be able to get to you unless he also gets arrested and we make you guys share a cell."
    Zeno thought for a moment, puzzling out the solution to that particular problem.
    "And I guess if that happens, show him your sweet prison tats."

Tag: RockDragon, Radiance
  14. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

Jedi Temple (en route to Detention Bloc), Galactic City, Coruscant

Hylas listened to the curious, joking response from the blue Jedi, but didn't respond, as the man continued conversing with himself. The other two Jedi were silent, as was Angelo, though he was still touching at his lightsaber, still very clearly unsure. With as much cooperation as he had shown in the preceding moments, Hylas entered the cell without hesitation, without a fight.

Whoever is after me is a Sith, Jedi, and it would be quite a shame if a Sith managed to infiltrate the Academy just to come after me, wouldn't it? I trust that I'll be safe in here.

Hylas looked again at Angelo and was reminded of himself in years passed.

Don't worry friend

He directed at the Miraluka boy;

I have no intent to harm you.

TAG Radiance; darth_Boba
  15. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

"Don't worry friend, I have no intent to harm you"

Angelo stared at the person before him. The aura remained constant.

"To be completely candid, I really could not care less of what you do or do not intend to do with me personally. I see you as others cannot. And for that reason I will not trust you. My job is to make sure you don't hurt anyone else. Whether or not your intent was to harm me is irrelevant.... and I am not your friend..."

Angelo stood stone cold next to the Knights in which he was commanded to stay with. His body rather rigid, stock straight and hand still on his lightsaber hilt. Ready to spring at a moments notice. He began to pull the Force into himself, as a comforting aura to ease his stiff muscles.

He wasn't very adept at it at this point but was good enough to maintain himself.

His icey blue eyes continued to stay trained on the detainee.

tag all in the room
  16. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

Jedi Temple (Detention Bloc), Galactic City, Coruscant

The other Jedi in the room stayed silent, stoic - like the statues guarding the Valley of the Jedi. Despite the situation, Hylas was still reasonably comfortable - the Jedi didn't scare him, and he wasn't at all afraid of death. He listened as the Miraluka boy spoke..

To be completely candid, I really could not care less of what you do or do not intend to do with me personally. I see you as others cannot. And for that reason I will not trust you. My job is to make sure you don't hurt anyone else. Whether or not your intent was to harm me is irrelevant.... and I am not your friend...

Hylas looked intently at the boy, momentarily gazing upon the other Jedi as well.

I'm honestly shocked by the behavior at this institution. I came seeking help, you all have treated me as a prisoner. You Jedi seem to fear me...yet... You do not know me...

He return his gaze to Angelo, allowing a smile to cut across his grim face.

Fear, Angelo, is the path to the Dark Side. You should be wary of your emotions... But don't listen to me, don't blame yourself... Your mentor's should be more mindful of their instruction.

Hylas sighed. He felt some pang of unknown emotion emit from the boy. Again he was brought back to his life-long internal battle. Hylas had an almost compassionate nature at times - caring even, but so many things inside of him filled him with anger, with a lust for power, for revenge. As much as he did not always agree with his own Master, he agreed with the Jedi even less.

I commend you, though, for being mindful of your comrades. However, you know nothing of me, don't be so quick to judge.

TAG Radiance; darth_Boba
  17. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Though he didn't want to be interested in what the man had to say, it was quiet in the room otherwise. He wanted to be away from the room. He wanted to be away from this troublesome situation. But his duty was clear. His wants and irritations were pressed firmly into the back of his mind. Instantly all but forgotten.

"Fear, Angelo, is the path to the Dark Side. You should be wary of your emotions... But don't listen to me, don't blame yourself... Your mentor's should be more mindful of their instruction. I commend you, though, for being mindful of your comrades. However, you know nothing of me, don't be so quick to judge."

The Miralukan let out a short snort. He was no fool. He was learning much more about this man than the prisoner thought.

Angelo's voice came quiet and even.

"For someone who claims to be looking to us for help and shelter... you certainly are quick to judge yourself. What you have experienced thus far would be standard procedure for anyone who has simply waltzed into the Temple. You are being shown the same treatment that anyone would, and to that end, it makes me wonder if you know anything about Jedi in the first place. You come here, obviously in touch with the Force in some way or form, when it is common knowledge on a galactic scale that Jedi do not accept candidates for training over a certain age, which is to say young. So you aren't here for training.

Furthermore, I can deduct from the way your aura pulsates, that you are hiding something. Because I have seen it before. Big or small in importance or relativity, I cannot say. But to seek aide from the Jedi when you have something to hide is never a good idea. But I digress. Judging from what you just told me, you are familiar with the ways of the Force, enough to know what the Dark Side is and what may lead down a destructive path. And perhaps were it not for the hint of smugness that I saw puff off of your face just now, I may even be inclined and so daring as to imply that you know exactly what would lead to the Dark Side, having embraced it yourself first hand."

Angelo took a slow breath and released his hold on his hilt, stuffing both hands into opposing sleeves as the Force began to flow more freely through his body, it helped his mind carry momentum in his one sided deductions.

"Also... it isn't fear that drives me. Maybe that is what you call it. But if you are as adept in the Force as I can see you are... you would know that while fear may be present, it is the grim determination and will of my convictions that has me standing before you. I implore you. Keep speaking. It will make reading you easier than discovering an Elder Wookie amongst a crowd of Ewok's. If you would like, I could fetch a spade for you, to dig your hole literally as you are doing so in the sense of implication."

Angelo stopped talking, though his confidence in what he suspected was beginning to gain speed. He had deliberately taken his hand off of his hilt, leaving it open to a Force Pull. He was baiting the man before him to make a move and end what Angelo thought to be a charade. The instant the Force was brought to bear on Angelo, the man before him would be cut down by everyone else in the room.

The 15 year old boy simply hoped that he would be so fortunate.

Tag, all in room
  18. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

For someone who claims to be looking to us for help and shelter... you certainly are quick to judge yourself. What you have experienced thus far would be standard procedure for anyone who has simply waltzed into the Temple. You are being shown the same treatment that anyone would, and to that end, it makes me wonder if you know anything about Jedi in the first place. You come here, obviously in touch with the Force in some way or form, when it is common knowledge on a galactic scale that Jedi do not accept candidates for training over a certain age, which is to say young. So you aren't here for training.

Furthermore, I can deduct from the way your aura pulsates, that you are hiding something. Because I have seen it before. Big or small in importance or relativity, I cannot say. But to seek aide from the Jedi when you have something to hide is never a good idea. But I digress. Judging from what you just told me, you are familiar with the ways of the Force, enough to know what the Dark Side is and what may lead down a destructive path. And perhaps were it not for the hint of smugness that I saw puff off of your face just now, I may even be inclined and so daring as to imply that you know exactly what would lead to the Dark Side, having embraced it yourself first hand.

Also... it isn't fear that drives me. Maybe that is what you call it. But if you are as adept in the Force as I can see you are... you would know that while fear may be present, it is the grim determination and will of my convictions that has me standing before you. I implore you. Keep speaking. It will make reading you easier than discovering an Elder Wookie amongst a crowd of Ewok's. If you would like, I could fetch a spade for you, to dig your hole literally as you are doing so in the sense of implication

Hylas listened, and paid much attention to each word the boy spoke. He was even impressed.

I didn't enter this Temple, friend. Your blue cohort behind you felt it appropriate to approach me and bring me to the comm center. I simply knew that this Temple would be a safe haven. I was searching for assistance; not for shelter, and certainly not for the training that you so alluded

Hylas squared his presence in the Force with the Miraluka's.

Furthermore...

He started, playfully imitating Angelo,

I'm hiding lots of things, Angelo. I'm sure every person in this Temple, ever person in the GALAXY has some dirty secret they've stowed away - that doesn't make me a criminal...

The silence of the Valley of the Jedi soldiers was becoming a nuisance, especially as Hylas recently noticed the boy finally released his death-grip on his saber, just before he had moved into his more interesting rhetoric.

Also...

Hylas started, again, playfully imitating the Miraluka,

Implication is nothing, Angelo. You may wish to imply I am some agent of the Dark Side, you may wish to imply that I have some ill-will toward your fellow comrade's, however, there is nothing to substantiate those claims. Even if I were to imply those things myself, those implications would be meaningless without action, if I do nothing to prove them. Before you disagree - think about how often a Jedi is tempted by the Dark Side... how many times they have compulsions to use the Force in anger - that means nothing if they do not act on the temptation, do not act on the compulsion. I am here because of something entirely more intimidating than myself, and without me, your Order would be ignorant to a threat - and finally, you can't tempt me with your lightsaber either, I've never been able to use them exceptionally well.

Once again Hylas allowed a genuine smile to cross his face. It was true, he never was outstanding with a blade, but he was very well attuned to the Force itself; he was very skilled at drawing on and utiliz
  19. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi Temple

"Oh knock it off," Zeno said. "Both of you."
    The back and forth, passive-aggressive taunting was getting a little much for Zeno.
    "Gold guy? You're a prisoner right now; deal with it. If you're a Sith, fine. I don't really care; it's not even illegal. What is illegal is trespassing. You were inside the building when I found you, so you're staying here tonight. That's it."
    Zeno turned to Angelo.
    "And you? You should know better. Even I could feel that you wanted him to make a move so you'd have an excuse to kill him. Jedi don't do that. When we kill people, we're upfront and honest about it. And we're not supposed to enjoy it."

Tag: Rockdragon, Radiance
  20. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

Hylas had been very interested in what the Miraluka has spoke, though slightly frustrated.

Oh knock it off, both of you.

The blue Jedi interjected at random.

Gold guy? You're a prisoner right now; deal with it. If you're a Sith, fine. I don't really care; it's not even illegal. What is illegal is trespassing. You were inside the building when I found you, so you're staying here tonight. That's it.

The blue Jedi then turned to scold Angelo, but with the secondary intrusion of the blue Jedi, Hylas' patience had worn even further. He could feel the heat of frustration and anger begin to fill him, and he could vaguely see his skin beginning to turn.

It is obvious, blue guy, you people have imprisoned me, but I won't nuance about legality with you. Clearly, which comes as no surprise to me, the Jedi have once again mistaken their role. You are not the police, you are not the military - you are a group, that to varying degrees of zealous fervor, adheres to an outdated code that you feel gives you some sort of immunity to the law of the Republic, and fortunately for your Order; time and time again you get away with it.

Again, Hylas abstained from any sort of physical retaliation. He thought about the relief he would feel from allowing Force lightning to course from his hands and into one of these so-called Knights, but still, he resisted.

But go my friend - be on your way, it is clear that our conversation is through...

Hylas gave in. He used the Force to set a frigid, sudden chill upon the room as he made himself some sort of comfortable in his cell.

TAG Radiance; darth_Boba
  21. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4
    "Oh knock it off, Both of you.Gold guy? You're a prisoner right now; deal with it. If you're a Sith, fine. I don't really care; it's not even illegal. What is illegal is trespassing. You were inside the building when I found you, so you're staying here tonight. That's it."

Angelo finally broke his gaze from the interloper, moving it in irritation to his Jedi comrade.

"And you? You should know better. Even I could feel that you wanted him to make a move so you'd have an excuse to kill him. Jedi don't do that. When we kill people, we're upfront and honest about it. And we're not supposed to enjoy it."

Angelo let his passive eyes fall expressionlessly on Zeno. His face revealing no more about what was in his mind than if someone were to stare at a duracrete wall. His voice coming maddeningly even and calm.

"Dear me. Here I was simply having a battle of wits with someone on semantics and the order of things, not a threat uttered or implied. Simply two people going back and forth on perspectives. A conversation in which I do believe you were blissfully excluded from. Want him to make a move? My dear friend, I am not quite as transparent as you give me credit for. If your speech is any inclination as to your prowess with the Force then I daresay you should speak to one of the Masters to find out if your medichlorian count may have been a ruse of some sort, perhaps a mistake. Because I no more wanted him to "Make a move" than I want to supposedly kill the man. Point in fact is that you cannot see what I do. Your sight is deluded with what your eyes tell your brain. If you saw what I saw then you would not give a nonchalant wave of your hand and pass this man off as not being dangerous. As for being a Sith..."

Angelo's voice grew very cold though his facial features remained placid and calm. His age may have been low chronologically. But what Zeno failed to realize would normally be as blatant to a youngling as a sweet on their plate.

"...You are correct. Being a Sith is not illegal. However as Jedi, it is our duty to destroy... the Sith. If one just happened to walk into our home, I should hope very dearly that someone with your experience and... season.... would want to do all they could to make sure that everyone here was safe. And yes... in fact.... care. But if you feel that this may be simply out of your scope of perception than I invite you to go about your duties.... I will stay here with people who care about letting a dangerous individual into the place where our younglings lay their heads at night."

Angelo returned his attention to the intruder.

But go my friend - be on your way, it is clear that our conversation is through...

"I am not going anywhere. Master Gabriel told me to stay here and so here is where I will stay. Our conversation is not over yet..."

Angelo shivered as he saw the room turn a misty gray. Steam puffed from his mouth momentarily at the drop in temperature. He sat down immediately and crossed his legs, bringing his own Force power to bear. His former Master had once touched on a lesson about a Force Power called Tapas.

Angelo had never used Tapas and at the time had never given it much thought about practicality. But he recalled the lesson now. He wished that he remembered the way to use the power however. The Force swirled around him tightly as he tried various things to warm his body. At last his core temperature began to rise, if only a little. It was far from mastery and left him light years from being comfortable, but it was enough to sustain him long enough to sit there for a while. His eyes cracked open again and he addressed the prisoner as his hands slid into their opposite sleeves again.

"....Obviously you've heard my name in passing, but have not yet stated your own.. it is rather impolite to speak to people without addressing the formalities of proper conversation..."

Angelo tried to keep his teeth from chattering as he sat waiting for an answer, completely ignoring Zeno for the time being.

Tag all in room
  22. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

Hylas watched intently as Angelo so clearly rebuked and verbally corrected the blue Jedi, the Miraluka then returned his attention to Hylas.

I am not going anywhere. Master Gabriel told me to stay here and so here is where I will stay. Our conversation is not over yet...

Again, Hylas allowed himself to smile.

That wasn't directed at you, Angelo, I just did not have anything further to say to your familiar; you however are of an intriguing sort...

Hylas watched the boy shiver, well aware that the cold he influenced was quite uncomfortable. He watched him attempt to warm himself, likely with the Force. After a moment the boy seemed to reach a level that was at the least bearable, before once again returning his attention.

Obviously you've heard my name in passing, but have not yet stated your own.. it is rather impolite to speak to people without addressing the formalities of proper conversation...

Hylas inadvertently, but probably for the better, ignored the question for the moment being, which gave him a window of time in which to contemplate to what degree he would reveal himself to the boy.

Clearly you are well adept, my friend. And clearly you have at least an inkling regarding my own secrets...at least one of them. Think of each piece of matter as almost sentient. Communicate the need to create heat, friction on a microscopic level to the matter in which you are surrounded - the Force is a great tool, but clarity, communication, and most importantly, understanding, are all very key...

Hylas almost surprised himself with his impromptu lesson. Despite the fact that his grasp of the Force had always been very beyond his years, and that he was naturally inclined to instruction, to teaching, it was apparent that was not his intended mission here. It was something about this boy, however, that struck him; something he couldn't place a finger on, but something he knew would compel him.

As for the formalities of proper conversation, I'd assumed with the ungracious treatment I've been shown here, that formalities were well out the window, so to speak...

Again he allowed a sarcastic, but genuine smile to cross his face, his skin again faded to it's normal golden hue.

Though, despite your initial crass attitude toward me, you've at least been more palatable than the rest of your cohorts, and certainly the most interesting, the most indulgent - my name is Hylas, and you've made it more than clear that the pleasure is all mine.

He thought for a moment, if there would be any ramification for sharing his name, but decided there would not. Most of the Jedi believed the Sith to be near-mythical, a thing of the past - and though there were some who obviously did not, Hylas was not well known, not by a long shot. His Master was obscure enough in his own right, and Hylas, along with two other apprentices, had been kept under tight wraps for most of their lives.

Hylas looked again at the young boy on the ground before him, now hardly fighting a shiver at all - he focused energy to heat only the boy, and wondered what caused the unprecedented compassion in him. Perhaps it was the unforeseen longing for his familiars... Whatever the reason though, Hylas felt a bitter twinge of shame, knowing that his Master would be severely disappointed... Thankfully he was not present, and for once Hylas had no wrath to fear.

TAG Radiance
  23. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Clearly you are well adept, my friend. And clearly you have at least an inkling regarding my own secrets...at least one of them. Think of each piece of matter as almost sentient. Communicate the need to create heat, friction on a microscopic level to the matter in which you are surrounded - the Force is a great tool, but clarity, communication, and most importantly, understanding, are all very key...As for the formalities of proper conversation, I'd assumed with the ungracious treatment I've been shown here, that formalities were well out the window, so to speak...Though, despite your initial crass attitude toward me, you've at least been more palatable than the rest of your cohorts, and certainly the most interesting, the most indulgent - my name is Hylas, and you've made it more than clear that the pleasure is all mine.

Angelo stared through his half lidded sightless eyes. His mind pulling in all of the information that was being given to him, and instantaneously attempting to decipher any hidden meanings within it. Though as of yet he hadn't found any. Angelo was appreciative of knowledge in the Force, such things fascinated him, though between lightsaber practice and getting his own deficiencies, Angelo didn't have a lot of time to practice Force Powers and their applications. Now was not the time to think of such things however, this was not his teacher before him. It was an unknown man who could be very dangerous. And had even gone so far as to demonstrate his flexibility within the Force itself in a room of Jedi.

Angelo knew that there were other Traditions out in the galaxy that practiced use of the Force, such as the Baran Do Sages, the Fallanasi, the Jensauri, the Witches of Dathomir, the list went on and on with different cults within the Force. Any one of them could hold the membership of the man named Hylas. The question was.. which one.

"I do appologize for my disposition. I am not of the trusting sort with new individuals. Especially those surrounded in an aura such as yours. You simply caught me at a bad point in time. Had I met you last year I would have held you in my sight with bland curiosity... But, such as it is, this is the time in which we find ourselves. I will attempt to be more polite myself. Though I do have questions. Let us put aside for a moment that you may or not be a Sith. If not one of them... where do you come from? What planet do you hail from, how did you get here, and where did you learn to use the Force to such a degree?"

Angelo was forced to blink his useless eyes as they began to get cold.

Tag RockDragon
  24. RockDragon Jedi Master

star 4
    IC Hylas Errias

Hylas shifted in his position, mostly for comfort reasons. He felt the boy entertain the words he'd spoke to him, but also felt the distrust.

I do apologize for my disposition. I am not of the trusting sort with new individuals. Especially those surrounded in an aura such as yours. You simply caught me at a bad point in time. Had I met you last year I would have held you in my sight with bland curiosity... But, such as it is, this is the time in which we find ourselves. I will attempt to be more polite myself. Though I do have questions. Let us put aside for a moment that you may or not be a Sith. If not one of them... where do you come from? What planet do you hail from, how did you get here, and where did you learn to use the Force to such a degree?

Hylas was intrigued by the intensity and passion the Miraluka boy clearly possessed. He wondered for a moment, what it was like to be sightless...

Anyone could be Sith. I am not, nor have I ever been a Jedi, and seemingly that is where the vast majority of Sith come from, so it's curious that you are so prompted to think that.

Hylas sighed aloud, the reality of the situation was setting in and it was tedious.

As to where I come from...my race should be clear, which explains my origin, however - to be honest - I don't know where I grew up exactly, my home is the Force, the Galaxy. And regarding the Force, I've always been keen to utilizing it, since before I could speak and walk appropriately. I've been raised and trained with similar children and my abilities have been allowed to flourish - much like what happens at this Temple, without the antiquated limitations of your Code.

Though it may have seemed harsh, Hylas harbored no real bitterness toward the Jedi, mostly he was disgusted by what he saw as a lack of understanding, and maybe even an "unholy" grab for power by the Council. He looked again at Angelo, making his presence clear for the boy through the Force...

Hylas was well aware at this point that his story and his intention would be even more questionable - why would he come looking to an Order that he did not fully trust. In the moment though, he hardly cared - he felt something in the Force that troubled him, that made his loyalty wane and become unclear... He had no interest in the ways of the Jedi, but for the first time in years, he questioned the Sith too.

TAG Radiance
  25. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Kalos Va and Serus Tallarn

The two Sith Hunters stood against the far wall, their interest in the casual banter going back and forward minimal. After a time the detainee had retired to his holding cell as well as the young Angelo. Serus began to step forward as the door slid shut but a gentle grip stopped her, casually she turned, the face of the young Nagai stone cold as usual. Serus smiled slightly, she knew Kalos well, his eyes gave it all away.

As Serus returned to his side Kalos addressed the knight that had entered conversation with the two, "What is your name and rank? I am surprised you allowed yourself to be pulled into the slight confrontation before, we are Jedi, that man was a prisoner, no words need to have been spoken."

Kalos did not wait for the answer, he just lean't against the wall, his two sabers casually resting by his side. The two were indeed an interesting pair, dressed in their unusual black robes, a complete opposite of the master who had abruptly left. They seemed to share a bond however, it was strange, two knights as close as they were. They had fought many battles together, Serrus was Gabriel's shield and Kalos his sword, between the three they had conquered fear, doubt and terror, against overwhelming odds they had come out victorious.
    Serus seemed uneasy even still, her mind focused on the room infront of her, she could feel the force pulsing within it, the sense of anger...confusion and compassion drenching the area. Serus was unusually attuned to the force, her powers outstripping most Jedi of her rank. Some masters had even been bested by her raw connection to the force.

Time passed slowly, the hours seemed to drag. Zeno looked anxious, he was obviously not suited to guard duty, but then again none of the Jedi present cared for that sort of task. After a time footsteps could be heard, a flash of white robes in the distance, the towering form of Master Gabriel approached the three Jedi. Without a word Kalos and Serus moved to attention, their eyes sharp and their bodies ready for anything, Gabriel nodded to them both and stopped when he reached the blue Jedi Zeno, "Be ready for anything young Jedi..."

The door to the detainment cell opened, the cold air began to flood out, with a wave of his hand the room warmed, the cold dissipating before him. His eyes pierced the dim room, the form of Angelo and the intruder sitting close by. "Angelo....outside now.." His voice was firm, not commanding but with every bit of strength behind it.

Gabriel waited for the boy to leave, his gaze now resting on the man before him.

Tag all
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.