1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive The Sith Hunter Chronicles Part 1

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Lord_Raziel, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Zeno Tarsus
    The Guardian

Zeno couldn't sense it, but based on the others contracting a sudden case of either heebies or jeebies, he had to assume there was some kind of Force wackiness going on.
    Do we wish we knew what was going on?
    "And look like someone spit in my cereal all the time? No way."
    There is an awful lot of brow furrowing going on.
    "That means what you're thinking about is more important than what everyone else is thinking about."
    But we're all probably thinking about the same thing.
    "Exactly."

TAG: All aboard the ship
  2. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Gabriel, Serus, Kalos

Gabriel smiled softly at Khess, his eyes piercing deep within her being, seeing the conflict that seemed to be wrenching her apart. As he pondered he raised his eyes to take in the rest of the company. "We have just been visited by a Sith Lord, he is a powerful being who intends to lead us on some journey, I have felt this, even though it was directed at two of our company."

Master Gabriel motioned to the hooded boy and the girl beside him, his imposing figure made even more imposing by the relatively small space of the cabin. "Angelo and Khess, you will travel to Raxus Prime, do not be alarmed, I only skimmed what I needed from your thoughts. Zeno, you will also accompany them, this is most likely a trap but the Guardian and Serus and Kalos will be nearby."
    Gabriel moved forward towards the group, his presence was calming to say the least. "Do not fear, these are the games they play, we will be watching from close by, if anything should go wrong we will be there."

Gabriel had hunted Sith longer than most on board had been alive, he has fought them in the furthest reaches of the galaxy and yet he was still here, standing before another generation. "You are now exiles from the Jedi order in a sense, we are not like them, we will attune ourselves to the Dark Side, we will feel its pulse, its seductive draw. For it is how we will find them, find them and destroy them. This path is hard to follow, Angelo has already felt the madness that is the Dark Side, you must accept it. As a being of this galaxy we must accept all emotion, both logical and illogical, yet we must rule them, lest they rule us."
    Gabriel let his words wash over the Jedi, the force reverberating in every syllable. "This creature we now hunt, he has given himself over to emotion, he is a sickness upon this galaxy and must be put down. We will teach this universe the meaning of peace, peace through the mastery of both sides of the coin."

"This is the task I give to you now, you are my apprentices, and we are the hunters in the night. Where others fear to tread we feel at home, in the darkness we shine all the brighter. The Jedi would damn and condemn us, the Sith would seek to destroy or recruit us, yet we shall have neither."

The Hunter shifted slowly, letting his mask drop, the cockpit was suddenly flooded with what the Jedi would consider the Dark side. Gabriel's left eye changing rapidly from its piercing silver to lava red. "Do not be alarmed young hunters, this is the prize awaiting you, the knowledge of both sides and the power to wield them, I have fallen to the dark side before, but I have risen again, a master of my own soul."
    The room darkened as Gabriel drew upon the malice around him, slowly but surely the darkness subsided, his eyes returning to normal. His white aura pulsing in the small cockpit, "I am the light younglings, I am the future."

Tag all
  3. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Angelo

Going after a Sith, just the youngest members of this mismatched crew. It seemed rather dangerous. Even if the Masters were watching.

But Angelo didn't care. He had been tasked to hunt. So he would hunt. Angelo was now a hunter. A Sith hunter. A fledgling one at that, but a hunter none the less. He didn't exactly covet company, but it was probably for the best. He would surely be killed by himself. Especially on a world where there was so much garbage. Raxus Prime was a world that was pretty much the recycling bin of the galaxy. Any damaged part from anything in the universe probably found it's way to Raxus Prime at some point. Why a Sith would go there was beyond Angelo's comprehension. But that really didn't matter. If that was where he was going to be, then that was where they had to go. Master Gabriel was right. They had to destroy the Sith. While the Jedi were no saints themselves, at least they weren't inherently evil. The Sith wanted domination and slavery at best. Angelo would not stand for that. It wasn't right. But the Jedi would take a Sith prisoner.

Angelo had no intention of giving quarter if it came down to it.

His thoughts were interrupted as his senses peaked at Gabriel. The normal white that he normally saw once again swirled into a menacing crimson. The lights around Angelo's sight began to dim, being sucked into the aura gathering around Gabriels body.

Was this what awaited him?

He was right though. The darkside was madness. There was no other way of explaining it. A simple madness in the back of your mind. It slowly started to make sense when it took hold of you. It was a feeling of complete surrender. But Gabriel claimed to be a Master of it's temptations. Angelo needed to find out how to do that. He would be stronger if he could do that.

But would there be a cost? There normally was a cost for such things.

The darkness subsided and Angelo winced under his hood when the cockpit filled with the blinding light of Gabriel.

Angelo yearned for his lightsaber. While not extremely proficient with it, he felt safer with it. He was about to embark on a mission to kill a Sith of unknown strength and power, with two other young people.

And he had no offensive weapon besides Force Push.

His voice came slow and quiet as Master Gabriel finished speaking.

".... Pardon me Master.... I do not wish to question your judgement... but I do not believe I will be very useful against an enemy such as the one we will inevitably face... I have no weapons at my disposal. I know how to utilize Telekinisis, But I do not believe that that power alone will be able to aid this mission."

Tag all
  4. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Gabriel

".... Pardon me Master.... I do not wish to question your judgement... but I do not believe I will be very useful against an enemy such as the one we will inevitably face... I have no weapons at my disposal. I know how to utilize Telekinisis, But I do not believe that that power alone will be able to aid this mission."

Gabriel turned to the small boy, his face warm and welcoming. "Angelo...you are only as usual as you will yourself to be, remember that. As for the problem with your lightsaber, I feel I have just the thing."

The Master swept from the room, his long cloak trailing after him, he stopped in front of one of the cabins and motioned his hand. The door slid open silently, Gabriel stepped inside and began to pull a large case from underneath the sleeping unit. Carefully he placed the case onto the soft bed and opened it with a thought, hilts glinted expectantly under the artificial light. There were at least a dozen Lightsabers in the case, of varying sizes and shapes, Gabriel looked over them once carefully and plucked an ancient looking saber from the holding foam.
    "This is exactly what we need, this saber belonged to a long dead force user, a Miraluka...one of the last during the great wars. She along with the exile helped to defeat the dread Lord Nihilus...I believe it will serve you well."

Gabriel slowly handed Angelo the saber, it was dark in colour with many runic symbols from times gone by. As he grasped it Angelo would feel an instant connection to the weapon, his usual force sight would have become immediately sharper. This was a Miraluka weapon and as such was highly force sensitive and capable of producing pulses through the force like sonar. It would enhance the boy's abilities, enough so he could keep up at least until he knew how to bring the new weapon to bare.

"I know it is only a single saber and I saw you using something much different, but I know you can see me clearer now....think of it as a gift between master and student, may it serve you as well as the heroes of old."

By the time the two emerged again the others had already geared up, Kalos and Serus nodded to Gabriel as he moved into the cabin once more. Kalos moved close to his master and whispered into his ear, all the preparations had been made for a ship to take the three to Raxus Prime. It was time to part ways, Gabriel could feel Serus' anxiety, she was growing fond of her new student, as were all of the company present....this might be too dangerous for the boy....

But it was the will of the force.

tag all
  5. DarkSavior Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:Hu'Ral

As they were about to set a course for the Raxus prime system they would get a hologram that would appear infront of them. a white cloaked figure, it was the same man that they had seem before, his face was hidden..for obvious reasons. He said in basic "I wish to make a slight switch, you are to go to korriban system, though as I have said if they are followed then you will have two less apprentices. Don't think I won't know. I was able to get your frequency, I was a mere distraction for the real reason why I wanted them out there. I know that you don't believe me, but search your feelings see if it's true that I placed an explosive device on the ship, if you come within that system this ship will react to a chemical that is only found in that specific planet, you can stay out of the system or you can all die, either way it will work just fine for me. You must arrive there in 24 hours, or else I will manually dedonate the ship and you'll all be dead, it takes 32 hour to remove the bomb, that is with the most skilled of mechnical workers. so I figure 24 hours is being generous. Send only the boy and girl...or else you will regret it. "

The Holigram disappeared just about as quick as it came there and then they were left with the decision...was he telling the truth about the bomb that was on the ship, or was it a faint that was only there to goat them into staying away from this system, and why change the location so close to their time of departure. There was something fishy about this whole situation.

Tag:Ship
  6. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Zeno Tarsus
    The Guardian

"Huh." Zeno said, puzzling the situation over in his head. After a moment, he came to a conclusion. "If he doesn't want the rest of us to go along, I'd take it as a pretty good sign that we should. After all, if a few extra Jedi bother him so much, he probably doesn't have much in the way of protection."
    What about the bomb?
    "And as for the bomb? If it is real, we could just get a new ship. We'd have to do that anyway for Khess and Angelo, since apparently this one would blow as soon as it entered the system regardless of who was on it. That is, if we're not still going to Raxus Prime."

TAG: All on ship
  7. Aefernal_Fire Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC Khessel Zarran
    Aboard The Guardian

?I am the light younglings, I am the future." Everything had changed so quickly for Khess in just a matter of days.

Her brown eyes flecked with gold flickered in the light of hologram revealing the shape of the Sith Lord seeking them out, and baiting an inevitably deadly trap?but to what end?

Khessel tried to figure out in her mind what exactly this stranger was really seeking?and why?

What do you want with us? The brown-eyed girl watched as Angelo examined his new weapon with his hands, and wondered if that was a slight smile she saw beginning to curve at the edge of his lips.

Khess was fairly certain that whatever happened they were going to meet this Sith, even if it meant going alone on this path, while her new family hunted down another.

The dark-haired girl felt no fear for what was to come. She could hardly keep from smiling in anticipation as she listened to Zeno offer his input on their predicament. She'd leave the final decision to those with more experience.

This was going to be dangerous?and she had only 24 hours to prepare?

?Before we arrive on Korriban, master Gabriel,? Khess looked up at the Jedi Master with her eyebrows furrowed in thought, ?I was curious if you would guide me in some of my training?my former master was teaching me about the characteristics of light?and how it is really made up of small packets of matter called photons?is it possible to manipulate light as you would a lightsaber or any other object??

Tag: Master Gabriel, Any
  8. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: sorry for the post delay. RL has my be the horns right now. I will have a post up tomorrow evening. I promise!
  9. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

The Miralukan teen followed the Master Jedi to the small cabin. The room itself seemed simple enough to Angelo. Nothing spectacular stood out in the rooms features. Gabriel went rummaging around under the bed, only to produce an ordinary box.

One of the large advantages of Angelo's sight was that it allowed him to see past the physical plane of objects. Most doors became transparent to his sight if he concentrated enough. This being a time when he could not see the contents of the box, Angelo began to concentrate. His sightless eyes narrowed under his hood as he stared straight at the container that Gabriel was fumbling with. Angelo had almost wished he hadn't been curious about the box as soon as the lid was opened.

The lights exploded out like a flash bang grenade. The young Jedi physically recoiled at the light emerging from the box. Various blankets of blue's and reds and white's spewed out of the box and immediately filled the room. It was just like the time when Angelo had first saw Master Gabriel's quarters. The main difference this time was that the light was intermingling with other strands. Blue mixed with red and white. Just by looking at the colors, Angelo felt the history of the contents of that box. Many histories running parallel to each other in various ways. Many vague feelings rushed at him as the aura's began to creep onto his skin.

He tried to register Gabriel's voice through it all. As random images of long forgotten warriors flashed through his mind.

"This is exactly what we need, this saber belonged to a long dead force user, a Miraluka...one of the last during the great wars. She along with the exile helped to defeat the dread Lord Nihilus...I believe it will serve you well."

Angelo held out an unsteady hand towards the hilt. It glowed constantly with the deepest blue aura. The swirling aura entangled first his hand, then spiraled up his arm quickly. At once his vision increased noticeably. It was as if the weapon was designed to aide his powers. Images flashed through his brain once more. Only this time they were clearer than normal. They showed of a beautiful Miralukan woman looking upon a man in the Force. Images of an ancient starship that had been lost to the stars.

A destroyed world.

A battle with the woman's inner turmoil towards the man that was later known as the Exile.

A Sith Lord in a white bone like mask.

The final battle. The pain, the suffering, the gratitude, the happiness, the victory.

All of these things flashed through Angelo's mind at lightspeed. He could barely comprehend them. But it was as if the hilt he now held, wanted him to know the heritage. Through it all.... he heard the voice of the woman, constantly repeating the same lines..

....As I walk through the ashes of Katarr....

Katarr.... The Miralukan homeworld. The lifeless planet in the mid-rim.

Angelo fell to his knees, his eyes wide in shock as he struggled for breath. Never had he experienced such clarity and feeling from an aura. His sight had doubled in strength now without him even trying.

"I know it is only a single saber and I saw you using something much different, but I know you can see me clearer now....think of it as a gift between master and student, may it serve you as well as the heroes of old."

Angelo blinked away his surprise.

"....By the Force.... I saw... everything."

He slowly regained his feet and composed himself as best he could.

"Thank you Master.... I have a lot to live up to... I will do everything I can to make sure that this weapon is not dishonored by my hands...."

Angelo bowed his head deeply as he clipped the old hilt to his belt.

It wasn't a staff like he was used too. But the staff was more of a defensive weapon anyway. It wasn't all that practical for someone of Angelo's limitations. Defense he had. He would learn more in the way of the Force. But he also needed an attack strategy. That now began with his new lightsaber.

It's weight was comforting at his side. He yearned to see the blade, but sufficed to see it when it wa
  10. DarkSavior Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Hu'ral

He sat silently as his white cloak snapped in the wind. He was waiting at the entrance to one of the tombs. He was int he Vally of the dark lords. He was sitting there waiting for them to come, he knew that they would come, normally he would prepare, but the preperation had already been set in motion, he would wait here for the younglings to arrive.

His hands were folded as he moved to inhale sharply and walked away, h walked into the tomb and used the force to slowly push down the stone door, there was a sign on the outside, a holo candle was outside this tomb. He was not going in there without any sort of risks himself. He would wait for them, he would know exactly when they would enter the system. This was always his intention.

He was very silently as he sat on a bridge. He was inside the tomb of Ludo Kressh, the final resting place of the sith lord. He had come here and was speaking with the sith lords. He had a very strong connection with the force. His power was easy to sense, or perhaps he wanted it that way.

He was very silent as he sat at the bridge and focused his calm attitude towards the jedi, it wasn't a really easy task for him. He had been waiting for this moment for sometime now. He had been planning this for years. He would trap the jedi here.

This was something that he had played many nights in his head. He was very calm and this was going to be their final resting place. He laughed, chuckling to himself as he holds his hand over his mouth and his shoulders shrugging as he laughed. A devilish sort of laugh. He was so happy that he could hardly hold in his excitement. He was so happy to finally have this all going through. This looks really like it ws going to happen!. He laughed and chuckled.

Tag:no one, everyone.
  11. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Gabriel

The master turned to the young women, his eyes warm and welcoming. "To manipulate light young Jedi is no different then manipulating the force itself. Learn to master one and you master the other. You have much to learn on this journey, and I have much to teach."

The imposing Jedi Master moved away, he had troubling matters to meditate on. Serus and Kalos had gone in search of two new ships, they needed to enter the system at least partially undetected. Still...something nagged at his mind, something eating away at the corners, the Sith that was onboard.....Hylas.....

Gabriel came bursting into the main cabin, his lightsaber in hand, he sent the force rippling through the ship, searching for Hylas' presence. Nothing could be felt....Sith spit!
    The Jedi Master moved quickly, the force opening the gang ramp down into Coruscant once more. With lightning speed the Jedi raced down the crowded streets, people cursing as he flew passed, their goods scattering on the floor. He had one destination to go off, and he would make good of it.
    Within minutes he had reached the apartment block once more, he could feel the faint presence of the Sith, he had been here not long ago. Gabriel brought all of his powers to bare as he scanned the city for his presence, the pulses would have been, to a force user, almost painful. A slight ping went off in his mind and his eyes widened, the Sith was trying to escape not far from here.

Jedi Master Gabriel shot into the nearest street and quickly to Hylas' location, a small space pad for private use...what was he doing with a private pad....
    From high up Gabriel could see the ship preparing to leave, its sleek design and state of the art frame seemed to smell of betrayal. Something was wrong and Gabriel was going to find out.

From far below onlookers gasped as a small figure blasted from twenty stories up, his fall seeming to slow as he impacted the pad, rolling and coming up at a run. The shocked Sith turned to face his adversary, his lightsaber springing to life, it's red beam true to his nature and stature as a bringer of Chaos. Gabriel's blow slammed hard into his defences, the Sith sliding backwards a few feet before regaining his balance. The two stared each other down, Gabriel holding his hand and a half lightsaber loosely in one hand, Hylas was locked in a defensive position, unable to shake off the full effect of the blow. "Master Gabriel...what are you doing!"

"I am correcting a mistake....Sith."

The two blades spun and whirred through the air, the deep blue of Gabriel's long blade impacting with unbelievable force with every blow. With his reach Hylas was put on the back foot, unable to get in close to the Master, his weapon far shorter than his enemies. Time and time again Hylas tried to outmaneuver the older man, using speed and footwork to break through his defences, yet the Jedi kept up, not only that, bested him. For the first time in his life Hylas feared for his life, he was fighting a master of the Jedi Order and he was about to die....
    Gabriel spun and whirled in his favoured Juyo, and Makashi, he would be an unstoppable force and an unbreakable shield. Gabriel attacked faster and faster, their sabers clashing two or three times every few seconds. Eventually Gabriel tilted his blade, slicing the hilt of Hylas' saber in two, his blue blade held directly under the Siths chin. "You are outmatched Sith, and not only that, you now know the extent of my powers...you dared to betray me young Sith..I have seen your masters and their masters before them die, some by my very hand. What makes you so special....nothing."

The Dark Side rippled from Gabriel, his eyes blazing in the darkness...slowly he regained control, his Jedi discipline coming into play. "You will return with me to the ship, you are now under arrest, the temple will gladly see to your fate." As Gabriel reached for the Sith Hylas suddenly used a force push to knock Gabriel off the pad, the master calmly let himself fall to the ground, only slowing as he neared the street below, the force surrounding hi
  12. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Angelo felt the sudden change in the Force and looked up from his kneeling position. He had elected to meditate with his new weapon, to become closer to it, to learn about it and feel one with it. It was not his weapon after all. He did not create the blade in which he now held in both hands.

The surge in the Force had been Master Gabriel. It was after the surge of power that a nagging feeling began to tug at the back of Angelo's mind. He realized that he was wearing robes that Hylas had given him... but he had not seen Hylas in some time. The Miraluka turned his head slowly to the left, searching with the Force. He saw nothing but dull grays and golds from various surfaces in and out of the ships hull. Outside he saw the streets crowded with Coruscanti commoners. No sign of Hylas. So he turned his head over to the right. But again, he saw nothing. Master Serus and Kalos Va were nowhere to be seen either. The only one's that Angelo could see, were Khessel and Zeno. If he concentrated hard enough, he thought he could see Master Gabriel's aura as a speck in the distance. But he was not sure. He looked to his companions through the ship, they did not seem too alarmed. Should he go after Master Gabriel?

Was that his place? He had felt a surge in the Force after all, it seemed like a good idea to inform a Master....

He took up his comlink and dialed up his new Master again, his voice small and quiet.

".... excuse me Master... I just felt a surge in the Force, and I cannot see Master Gabriel anymore.... should I try and find him?"

tag serus
  13. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Serus Tallarn

The comm buzzed to life, the unconscious body of the spacer dropped to the floor. Kalos looked at his companion, her hand quickly went to her communicator, "Master Gabriel was probably the source of the pulse, locate Gabriel immediately and find out the next course of action, we have both ships ready to leave."

Serus deactivated the line and moved back towards the two ships, their crew either dead or incapacitated. There was something satisfying with ridding the world of criminals and murderers such as these. Kalos stalked among the corpses, his sabers loose by his side, his white face like a specter in the dim light.

Tag
  14. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Angelo nodded to himself as he heard his master's voice give him his instruction. He clipped his ancient lightsaber to his belt and stood from his kneeling position on the floor of the ship. Angelo made his way through the ship and finally to the exit ramp. Upon arrival, Angelo found that it was still open. Wherever Gabriel had gone, he had been in enough of a rush to not bother closing the door.

The Miralukan strode down the ramp and placed a palm on his new hilt. He narrowed his eyes, searching through hundreds of aura's in the area, looking for Gabriel's trace. Angelo couldn't see him. He must be very far away. It was amazing the space that the Master had covered in such a short time. But this fact didn't help Angelo at present. He needed to find the Master, not look all day.

His eyes narrowed as he stepped away from the ship and looked back at it. Everything had an aura. Aura's left a trace to his eyes. The whispy aura that he always saw on a lightsaber, was no different from one that surrounded a person. It was just as he thought. There was a mass of colors surrounding the ramp when he concentrated very hard. One of them was the white that he could associate with gabriel. It was streaking off in the way that they had come. Angelo immediately took off after it. He weaved through the crowded steets at a dead sprint, darting between the commoners, trying hard not to brush anyone.

He followed the trail in the direction that they had gone to meet Hylas. It was at this moment that Angelo realized he hadn't seen Hylas in a good while. The dark sider had effectively disappeared.

Angelo finally saw Master Gabriel's aura. He was many levels down from where Angelo was currently. The Miraluka looked around and decided that there wasn't any time to find a turbo lift down to that level.

Five seconds later, Angelo's body was propelled straight off the edge of the platform he had just been standing on. His body soared in freefall in the open air. The wind coming straight up at him from below. It blew his hood off as he fell.

The Padawan called upon the Force and surrounded himself to slow his body as best he could. He wasn't a master with the ability yet but he could slow himself enough not to get killed on this fall. He landed hard and tucked into a roll, coming to a stop in a kneel before gabriel.

"Are you alright Master....?"

tag Gabriel
  15. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC Gabriel

The boy rolled to a stop, almost slamming into the Jedi master, Gabriel calmly held out one hand and allowed to boy to roll into a kneeling position, bracing the boy so he did not topple from the impact shock.

"Are you alright Master....?"

Gabriel smiled briefly, bringing the boy to his feet, "Are YOU alright young man? Jumping from that high a building with as little training as you have could be dangerous. Promise me you will try not to be so rash in the future."
    Gabriel walked passed the boy, his head turning as he passed to give him a wink, Gabriel knew the boy was special. The two continued back to the ship, the grim reality set in, Hylas had planted the bomb as was working with this new Lord. No matter, they would both face judgment soon enough.
    Gabriel reached the ramp to discover his new apprentices waiting and prepared, good, now they could finally start.

Tag all
  16. DarkSavior Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: i'm here, just waiting for you to arrive on Korriban.
  17. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Gabriel, Serus, Kalos

The two ships exploded from Coruscants surface, the boy and the young Khess in the small freighter, the other ship a light cruiser was manned by Gabriel and the others. Gabriel commanded the smaller vessel to warp into the Korriban system, Gabriel would set his warp co-ordinates outside the sector, he did not want to attract any attention just yet.
    The plan was sound, the two Jedi would land on the planet and begin this game, the other ship would begin hailing its mayday signal and "crash land" on the planets surface far from any signs of settlement. The Sith Lord would hopefully leave the inhabitants to die a slow death in the deserts, however the ship contained two speeder bikes, or swoops as the gang land liked to call them. They would race towards the apprentices comm signals and hopefully engage the Sith.

Gabriel looked at the communications panel, this could be the last time he talked to the two, slowly he flicked the switch to begin transmitting. "My young apprentices...we are playing a deadly game, but no matter what I will be there, you will not be alone, I promise you."

The transmission ended, and Gabriel looked out of the view port, the small ship gating into warp space.

Tag all
  18. Aefernal_Fire Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC Khessel Zarran
    Aboard The Guardianen route to Korriban

The girl with hair the color of a dark, bitter cup of caf no longer wore the blaster rifle slung in her shoulder but now cradled it in her arms as the hyperdrive engine hummed to life and she watched the stars seem to stretch behind them in the viewport.

"My young apprentices...we are playing a deadly game, but no matter what I will be there, you will not be alone, I promise you."

?I?m going to meditate in the cargo hold?there?s something I have to teach myself in the short time we have?will you come with me?? Khess turned to Angelo, surprised at herself at how unsure she was becoming now without her new Master?s comforting presence.

Tag: Angelo, Any
  19. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Angelo had landed a bit harder than he would have liked, but he had only been concerned over arriving in time to help. To which he had obviously failed.

After promising not to try his little stunt until properly trained, Angelo pulled his hood back up and followed Gabriel back to the ship. Before long, events found themselves played out and the apprentice's were alone on a freighter, on their way to Korriban.

It seemed odd to Angelo that they were actually playing into the Sith's hands. When it came down to it, it seemed like an obvious trap. A Sith contacted them specifically, then informed them that only the weakest of the group go to a planet steeped in the Dark Side where the Sith would be strongest. It frustrated Angelo that it seemed so rudimentary, and in the same respect, here they were, doing exactly what was tasked to them.

It didn't make sense to the Miralukan boy. He was young, and hopefully naive of certain aspects of the situation. At least that was what he was leaning towards. There simply had to be more than what was being presented to them. Some hidden fact or meaning behind things. Something that he couldn't comprehend. Otherwise, he hoped that a Sith wouldn't be so obvious. The greatest enemy of the Jedi Order leading a simple trail with simple instructions for a simple end. All in all.... oddly enough Angelo found that strangely..

Disappointing.

One rarely yearned for their own death. To be put in a situation where they could not escape with their lives, or leave in an otherwise crippled condition. Pain was not something normal individuals sought. But to have had an expectation of an enemy only to be met with a simpleton was like watching a Sabacc match between a kowakian monkey lizard and a super computer with an advanced AI.

Angelo puzzled over this just as a voice broke into his thoughts.

?I?m going to meditate in the cargo hold?there?s something I have to teach myself in the short time we have?will you come with me??

Angelo looked up slowly. The aura rang true of the girl that had almost toppled him over in the shower. Needless to say.. she smelled much better now than their first meeting. Angelo was thankful for that, having no physical sight, his senses such as sound and smell were a bit heightened.

She needs to learn something on the way to Korriban? Interesting...

Angelo nodded at the older Jedi and stood, following her to the cargo hold. He offered no words, and kept his face shadowed under his black hood. Something was odd about this girl. If his ears served him correctly, he heard the metallic clanking of small parts of a blaster rifle on her person.

But why would a Jedi carry a rifle?

It didn't really matter in the long run. A warrior would conduct battle with a weapon that they were comfortable with. Angelo kept this thoughts to himself as he followed Khessel

tag Khess

20. Aefernal_Fire Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC Khessel Zarran
    Aboard The Guardian en route to Korriban

?Thanks, I figure we should try and at least spend some time together anyway on this crazy adventure, considering one of us might actually die or something,? Khess smiled as she moved to the stairwell, now holding the blaster rifle in her open hands like an offering to a temple deity.

Khess sat cross-legged carefully on the cold floor of the cargo hold, still holding the blaster rifle in outstretched hands before her. Ahead of her lay a clear view of the bulkhead at the end of the length of the cargo hold.

She studied the weapon in her hand intensely, slowly disassembling it within her mind trying to learn how it worked, digging through the faded emotional traces it held of owners and victims long gone.

It sang to her the song of deaths dealt and lives saved?

It was so beautiful.

This wasn?t going to be easy?

Khess closed her gold and brown eyes and took a deep breath, drawing on the Force, trying to sink within its depths... Her dark, almost black eyebrows furrowed deeply, and her eyes shut tighter. Khess struggled momentarily to shut out all the painful memories tugging mercilessly at her heartstrings and sanity.

For a moment she could hear the voice of her old master calling out her name as he had for the very first time. Khess felt him pet her hair kindly, and ask in his alien tongue if she knew if her mother was a kiffar. The girl wanted to scream out with the pain it gave her?But she had a new master now. One who truly knew the darkness for what it was.

Khessel Zarran willed herself to breathe and the doubt and pain vanished.

The close proximity of Angelo as she tried to meditate was almost painfully blinding.

Ironic. Khess mentally rolled her eyes at herself.

Instead of trying to struggle to see through and beyond the great strength of the Force he radiated?Khess decided instead to use it as a back drop, to block out the painful memories and everything else distracting in the loud, moving, and alive universe of swimming energy around her.

Everything went quiet.

Her surroundings seemed now an endless backdrop of white as she narrowed her focus? and became one with the blaster rifle in her hands. The girl took her hands down and away from the weapon and it continued to levitate in front of her as she rested the backs of her open hands on the tops of her thighs.

The blaster rifle disassembled itself into each part and component systematically before her, hovering above the cold floor of the hold. Khess took apart and put back together her new weapon again and again. An eternity seemed to pass until she truly began to understand how this alien tool worked.

This time when the rifle came together, it was aimed towards the bulkhead. Khess wasn?t teaching herself to aim, that part was easy?especially for one trained as a Jedi.

The blaster rifle fired and the brief flash of red light left only a black scorch mark as proof of its passing.

So fast? The push-button trigger sensor pressed down again of its own accord?red light screamed out and the scorch mark grew blacker. Still her reflexes weren?t fast enough. Again, and again Khess fired, lost in a slow rhythm, pausing only briefly before each blast. Her eyebrows were almost painfully narrow and beads of sweat formed on her dark caramel colored skin.

When the blaster pack went dry, Khess summoned another from the supply she had hidden among the provisions, reloaded, and continued firing. Never once straying from the single point she aimed at.

Suddenly, she a gasped aloud and froze. That last shot?the red laser had slowed mid flight. The change would have been completely imperceptible to a non-force user?but for the very first time, Khessel Zarran had manipulated light?and not just any light?blaster fire.

A whole new realm of possibility melted into existence as Khess felt herself break past the barriers of her mind and begin to free her true potential. The blaster rifle fired again, this time w
  21. Lord_Raziel Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Gabriel, Serus

The ships engines powered up, a slow whirring sound began to vibrate through the pirate vessel and into the bones of the passengers. Serus took a look over the controls for a moment, using the force to switch levers and press co-ordinates into the nav computer. Gabriel looked at the darkness beyond, his mind racing at the journey to come, he was getting old, nearing the middle of his life, this was but the beginning for those young ones. "Punch it."

The engine crescendoed its high pitched whine until the ship and its passengers blasted into hyperspace. The hyperdrive engine took over much to the relief of the main systems, slowly but surely calming down to a dull hum. The two Jedi sat staring into the myriad of light that was hyperspace, they would be there soon, but for now there was planning and preparation to be done.

Gabriel moved from his seat and into the main hold, it was spacious, as were many ships of this class. Without a word he summoned Zeno, he would train this one about the arts of Sith style combat with a lightsaber, one way or another he would learn.

Tag Zeno

Serus watched her master go, his thoughts clouded as they always were. Serus was highly skilled with the force but still her master was a mystery, calmly she looked back out into space, her mind searching for her student. Not only her student....there was another presence absent from her surroundings, her long time guardian and closest friend. He was safely concealed aboard the children's ship, his force shadow technique second to none at the temple. He did not exist in the force, or at all in the eyes of the universe, he had clouded everything about himself, to a force user, he wasn't even there. Hopefully he could end this conflict like he usually did, cold, efficient and most of all....quickly.

tag all
  22. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Angelo pulled his sleeves around his wrists defensively in the chilled cargo hold. It wasn't terribly cold in the room, only enough to make it uncomfortable for him.

But Angelo remained in the room. His presence had been requested and so here he was. He allowed Khessel to have a wide area to meditate in. Though he wasn't exactly sure why she wanted him here. True they were traveling together in a potentially dangerous and/or fatal circumstance, but what could Angelo do to help her?

He had questions for her but it was not the appropriate time. Meditation was difficult enough without having to multi task your own brain while attempting to calm it. His questions could wait though. It was a nice long ride to Korriban.

For now, Angelo knelt in a corner of the room, observing with his mind. He had still heard that metallic clanking of tiny parts when Khess had come to her resting position. Did she really have a blaster rifle? It seemed as though she was holding something but Angelo could not see what it was.

His question was answered shortly thereafter however. His mind gazed upon the older girl as her aura began to grow. She was calling upon the Force, using it's current to pull apart the object in front of her. As it turned out, Angelo was as physically blind as drunken gammorean who had decided to sell his eyes on the black market for more booze money. However, he could see the Force in it's entirety.

When Khessel surrounded the weapon before her, it lit up like a beacon to Angelo. This comforted the teenager because now he knew where the bothersome clicking had been coming from. It was rather maddening to know something was there but not know what it was. Only to be aware of it's existence. He watched quietly as the rifle disassembled in the Force. He could see every last little piece floating before her. And oddly enough, Angelo also felt Khessel using him in the Force. Using him as a baseline to steady herself. It seemed odd that someone that was obviously his senior would need to do that. Why would she need to do that?

Angelo's curiosity about the girl was piqued. But he still kept his thoughts and comments to himself. He continued to watch as the girl before him began firing shots into the bulkhead.

It seemed like an odd thing to do. But this was her meditation after all. Everyone had their own way. He saw the Force concentrate in certain areas of the weapon. Did Khessel know that she was focusing on certain parts? Or did she simply continue to gain more knowledge about the weapon by muscle memory?

Angelo tilted his head to the side a centimeter in wonderment.

The Force concentrated on the gas chamber of the blaster rifle. It seemed to disperse as the bolt was released. The next shot followed the bolt a short way up the barrel. Slowly but surely the Aura was getting stronger around the energy being released from the barrel.

Elation was almost tangible to his senses as Angelo saw the last bolt literally curve to Khessel's will.

Angelo smirked under his shadowed hood. She learned things quickly.

He felt that now was a good time to ask some of his questions.

"That is very impressive miss. But what do you hope to accomplish with such a technique? I do not understand the implication. And why use me as an anchor to do this? Could you not have done such a thing yourself? I mean no disrespect at all, I simply wish to understand.."

tag Khessel
  23. Aefernal_Fire Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC Khessel Zarran
    Aboard The Gaurdian en route to Korriban

"That is very impressive miss. But what do you hope to accomplish with such a technique? I do not understand the implication. And why use me as an anchor to do this? Could you not have done such a thing yourself? I mean no disrespect at all, I simply wish to understand.."

?Well, sometimes the key to winning, is just through being unexpected,? Khess called the weapon gently to her hands and leaned her tired but happy head against the warm metal, ?and I like this weapon. ?Neither Jedi nor Sith', and I think right now I?d like to take a break from both.?

?Its just another tool of survival or punishment.? Khess stroked a finger along the edge of the scored metal, she turned her pretty head and smiled over at Angelo, ?Are we there yet??

Tag Angelo
  24. Radiance Jedi Master

star 4

Angelo listened closely as his companion spoke. A part of what she said rang true inside of his own soul.

"Neither Jedi nor Sith. What a concept. I feel as though I must agree with you on this subject. When you accept certain things as reality, it is difficult to look back and see the one sided nature of perspective."

Angelo knelt down on the floor with his hands on his thighs, his head tilted down, masking his features.

"All of their lives, Jedi are taught the ways of the Force. But their way of the Force means that fear and anger are to be shunned, conquered completely. I do not think that such a thing is possible. And because of that fact, at least in my mind, it makes us all susceptible to falling prey to the dark side. But the Dark Side is still the Force isn't it? It is how we use the power that should determine who we are. Not the possibility of such things. Any Jedi could be as powerful as a Sith Lord in essence. The main difference is that they don't actively seek to conquer the galaxy for selfish reasons. Instead, when you study history closely.... the Jedi conquer the galaxy through promises and armed interventions. The same thing as the Sith, only executed in a manner which seems to lie to everyone except themselves."

Angelo shook his head slowly.

"In any event, I hope my thought process has not unsettled you. You reminded me of something I found earlier, when you spoke of unpredictable circumstances. I found some light cloth among the clothing on our former vessel. I believe them to be scarfs, though I am uncertain of it. They feel like a scarf should, though light and airy. If memory serves, Korriban is a very dry planet. I personally do not relish dry climate and sand all that much, I will be taking one of these scarfs to cover my face as much as possible. If you wish to do the same, I left the other one in the cockpit."

Angelo could feel the ship shudder as the autopilot exited from hyperspace. Immediately the hairs on the back of his neck stood up. His head turned ever so slightly towards their final destination. His vision was filled with a distant orb of crimson. It burned in his vision as if they were flying into a star of blood. The planet's aura sickened him but at the same time enticed a primal urge for power. His heightened senses may work against him this time, he would have to constantly monitor himself to make sure that he was still acting of his own accord. There was no question about it.

Korriban was evil.

A boon in the Force, yes. But it was very.... wrong.

?Are we there yet??

Angelo peered up slowly at Khessel from across the room. His penetrating deep blue eyes gazing in her direction from under his hood.

"Yes... we are..."

It is the way you use the power...... wasn't it?

Angelo stood and began making his physical and mental preparations for the conflict to come.

tag Khessel, (and any sith that might be currently dwelling on Korriban)
  25. DarkSavior Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Hu'Ral

His head jerked slightly to the left as he felt their presence as they exited the hyper space. He was sure that the blind one was with them. He could feel his presnce clearer than the others, that is why he insisted that he come along. He sat there silently for a moment and then stood up.

He had silently exhaled as his eyes opened suddenly, the dark yellow eyes looked at the door. He would wait for them, they know not the exact nature of what it is that they are coming into, it's not something that just anyone can block out, it takes a mind like Ral's. He was sure that they would fall suspetable to the trap that he had laid for them.

He stood there in the dark, until a moment later the torches on the wall began to light up, one after another, until all of them were lit all the way around the room. "come" is all he said as he looked towards them, he was sure that there would be a lot of resistance, but like many before them they would fall.

He felt that there was a softer presence, it was hard to tell who it was.

He would wait for the two young jedi to come to him, he would show them the true path of the force, why so many had turned their back on the Jedi, he knew that especially Khessel would understand when she seen the holocube that was left for her from her father, she was facing the exact evil that he was fighting to subdue, and at the sametime the very same people he had dispised.

He let his force power illuminate the room, it was so thick as he let it spew forth that the air in the grave could probably be cut with a knife.

Tag: All
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.