main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Sith Hunters - 7/22/16 - September 15, 2016....

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Casper_Knightshade, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
  2. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    And now.....creep into the secrets....

----------------------------

Frowning at this, Sidious glared at Nefarious dangerously and demanded, ?What in the hell is the Original Six, and why should I care.?

?Because you are one of them,? said Nefarious plainly. Sidious frowned even more. ?A descendent of one of the six Sith of pure blood lines who had escaped the ravaging of Korriban by the Titan Eclispeshame that marked the end of the 22nd Sithian Civilization and the beginning of the 23rd Sithian Civilization.? Seeing that Sidious was tempering his surprise, he said, ?All that you know about the end of the Sith armies on Korriban is not true. What you know is what I and Darth Bane and the Great Mother had known about it, but alas were told of this. For what we thought true was not: Amu Caru and Darth Tudan did not destroy the world.?

Nefarious tucked his hands into his robe sleeves again and paced around an interested Sidious, and Sidious had to wonder what was about to be revealed. The Great Father said, ?Amongst us, as the Dark Jedi and the E?sithropian merged for the sake of alliance and the gain of power was the reason for it. For years too large in number to express, there was one who had spent that time trying to perfect the Sith society. He had come so close, so many times, only to watch it become weak, flawed, too warring, and any number of other reasons societies fall. After so many tries, he realized what the flaw was; it was that very thing that made the Sith who they were. It was in their E?oqerst; it was too perfect for madness and corruption. Because of it, he had surmised, too many Sith had gained nothing in the Dark Side, nothing in life, and so they would war out of jealousy, or to eliminate the threat of being ruled by those with power. These campaigns would be too successful. Progress would stall, slow, come to a stop. He would give up, and start the civilization again once he wiped it out. I speak of the founder of the E?oqerst religion. I speak of Xulm.?

The name of Xulm invoked those memories of Dantooine again in Sidious? mind, as well as some of the old Sithian folklore he had read so many times about him, a warrior like no other; the one who supposedly united the Sith ? pure blood and Dark Jedi alike ? under one banner. What was said, whether true or not, was that Xulm was very old and had many wives and many children, all who became the greatest warlords of the Sith in a span lasting 200,000 years, the known and recorded history of the Sith. Nefarious, however, was suggesting something more by mentioning the end of one civilization and the beginning of the other, as with this present being the 2nd Coruscantian Age, and at such a high number as well. In the galaxy lexicon in regards to civilizations, ages last 100,000 years. Nefarious was making it clear that the Sith measured their ages differently, and apparently greatly.

Nefarious said, ?When the Dark Knights of Cantaspher came to Korriban, Xulm saw an opportunity to perhaps lessen the Sith?s Nature a bit while gaining in power from a fresh infusion of both genetics and knowledge. You could say my idea about bringing forth the Dark Hope was born from that idea of ?breeding up?, but no living Sith, in this realm, knew of this.?

?In this realm?? questioned Sidious curiously.

?This is already very difficult to explain, so bare with me,? said Nefarious. He continued on, ?As the years passed, Xulm began to realize his folly. You must understand: in all of his long existence, Xulm had hoped to perfect society. You could say it was no different than what you are doing now, through schemes and plots. Unlike you, however, he had tried it all with different approaches, and his goal was not to rule in the classic sense of the word. However, his best results were also the most dire and convoluted: those of families; either it worked or wars broke out. He saw that perhaps his own passions had found their way into the blood of those Sith he had saved from previous destructions of civilizations; the aliens, who he found we coul

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Convoluted! Major cliff hanger there. It's good to see Nefarious once again.

Impious? :confused:

4. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Convoluted? LOL! [face_laugh]

Well, I had to have it where the story could end and could continue in the next volume at the same time. For once, and Nefarious is right, Sidious is FINALLY ahead. All that is missing is what the others may do. So one could imagine Sidious putting the kibosh on any threats to his supremacy because of what he knows now.

But I could still write it.... ;)

I say that because I'm heading back to school soon so I won't know when I will get back to writing. Keep the fingers cross and keep the faith.

FORWARD! Two chapters and a epilogue to go.

5. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    CHAPTER 79.0

It was rather abrupt for her to go so soon after learning what she had learned from her Gessa, but given Bespin?s relative closeness to Lone Star, and given the Wettlespear was her responsibility to get rid of, Juna saw no other choice but to go. It did not feel foolish and unwise to go alone, not when there was a weapon quite capable of killing everyone else she loved if they would have gone with her; she was not immune to the weapon either, but at the very least best her than the rest. There was just that much of a chance of another Wettlespear being built and working as there was none at all, but it was a risk she was not going to let the others she loved and cared for make. As a form of optimism during the long journey, Juna believed this decision was just, for she and her Gessa would have more time together in the future as rediscovered mother and daughter.

In the Flora Noir, from Bespin, Lone Star was a five day jump through hyperspace; from Coruscant it would have taken twice as long; smaller or older ships in the Republic Naval fleet would take four times as long. As much as the galaxy?s hyperdrive travel had been revolutionized over the past decade, and speeds and navigation technology had improved greatly, such innovation lagged badly behind the demand for it in the markets. The cheapest ships were not to cheap as inflationary elements had hogged interest rates and thus made borrowing a premium, affecting how ship materials were bought, let alone who bought the ships in the first place from the manufacturer. The mistakes of the Great Galactic Depression of over fifteen years ago, where no one beforehand questioned any loan to any entity, was no longer repeated; in return for fiscal stabilization, it made loans almost unattainable to those with average collateral. Needless to say, unless a ship was new or modified, which most of those modifications were highly illegal, there were very few ships in the Republic Navy and in the Jedi Order that could make the run as fast as the Flora Noir could. It was therefore a tactical advantage, if Juna somehow failed, that the second fastest ship in the galaxy ? the Millennium Falcon ? remained behind and in reserve.

Early on in the journey Juna made arrangements to maintain contact with the Republic by calling up the Genii she had used to rescue the hostages on Breslin and programmed it to set-base coordinates to act as a hyperspace relay. It took the Genii just about her entire trip to Lone Star to reach the position she desired, and immediately she began broadcasting back on all of her personal channels of communication one she got the signal lock.

Muriel voice responded to Juna?s hails. ?Greetings from Naboo!?

?Well, your response foretells that the meeting with Queen Amidala has gone well,? said Juna. As she spoke, she was eyeing her now ruined fedarok cloak again, holding her sigh. It had protected her Gessa well, but the damn thing could not be replaced, and undoubtedly it could not be repaired properly. She really liked the leather cloak.

?She was like everyone else, except she was happy I was alive,? joked Muriel. ?First thing was my post-mortal pardon from Alderaan and Naboo are still good. I?m a free woman, my record wiped clean.?

?Excellent,? said Juna happily. ?Where do you go on from this??

?I?m thinking of staying right here on Naboo, and you can consider my ass retired!? As Muriel said that, Juna pictured her and chuckled. ?No more adventures: I got a Son in puberty you know??

?Right, I know. I can?t impede on your time together any longer. I owe you.?

?I?ll send you a tab, since I have no cushy Rapier Tech job to go back to.?

Juna shook her head as if looking at her and said, ?No?.I really owe you, Muriel. You and Diggory both, so whatever it is consider it done.?

There was some quiet, almost making Juna think the transmission was lost. Muriel said, ?I?ll keep that in a pocket somewhere.?

Sighing away the feeling that favor maybe sooner than Muriel thought, Juna said, ?Now that we got our family issues out of the

6. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Hmm. Hope they find good correlations. And @};-'s conversations too.

[OT - Happy December! Where did the year go?]

7. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    [image=http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/8/24/633551625409678911-backuppiecewheneveryoneelseisplayingwiththeirwanditstimetopullouttherealartillery.jpg]

Original posted here

You know, D, when you mentioned the year, it made me go to the first post in this thread. I'm stuck still in that idea that this story began on December 15th, like the three previous stories, but it got started on October 31st of last year. I laugh now because, hey look, I got this long epic done in little over a year: it can be done! [face_laugh]

But you're right: where the smeck did 2009 go? What the hell? :p

Well, it's a given the next story won't begin on this coming December 15th, or the Prologues begin next September 15. But who knows: stranger things have happened. ;)

FORWARD!

-------------------------

EDIT ONE: Well, if you wondered how tall Angelleia will be in a few years Gessa Saga Time, well wonder no more....

[image=http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/worlds-tallest-model-41.jpg]

[image=http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/worlds-tallest-model-01.jpg]

8. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Well, by way of comparison, it could be argued that the shorter people in the photos are significantly shorter than the population norm... Like Ewok tiny... :)

still, Angelleia is going to be a tough swordfighter to beat. Looking forward to reading about her doing just that.

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    If anything a good frame of reference. It just gives folks a good idea sense of what to expect.

---------------------------

CHAPTER 79.1

By the time she was inside ten minutes away from Lone Star, Juna received a hail through her dedicated broadcast channel. She was now capable of holographic transmission, and the stream indicated she was receiving a transmission from the Katlas Rise. Indications were the ship Queen Amidala had given to Casper was on the move as well, making the transmission a bit tricky. The use of public relays would have helped, but the transmission would not be encrypted. Eventually, a chest-up view of Casper appeared before Juna; he received a similar image of Juna as well as they kept a constant vigil on their piloting.

?There you are,? said Juna with a smile. ?You shaved your beard.?

?Ah, you noticed,? said Casper with a smile. After the marshmallow incident in Yoda?s headquarters, he had enough with beards. His long, scraggily hair was pulled back in a tail that disappeared behind his skull. ?Your hair is still lopsided.?

Juna smirked, realizing she had not corrected the terrible job Coy Madex did in cutting her hair. She felt the really short, uneven left side of her hairdo and felt like some uncomfortable teen in school. ?I?ve been too busy to worry about my appearance. Where is Angelleia??

?Meditating,? said Casper. ?We are on our way to our exclusive sight to begin her retraining.?

As much as Juna wanted to say retraining was unnecessary when it came to someone like Angelleia, she stopped herself; what was being done was rather unprecedented, for no Jedi really gets another chance at training. Casper knew what was best for Angelleia, and that meant that, properly, starting from scratch was both prudent and wise. She said, ?That?s good. Any place I might know??

?Destination Five,? said Casper with a mischievous grin, referring to Dagobah by Juna?s designation. He said, ?Not what you would call a great place to train a Padawan with the dark side there, but didn?t I turn out alright??

?It?s perfect,? said Juna with a nod. ?The Dark Side is in a controlled, experimental state there. And it?s so off the beaten path no one is going to interrupt you.? She slowly flashed her inherited smirk. ?Except maybe those who know about it, that is.?

Casper read her face and said, ?About that.? He gave a look over his shoulder, and Juna realized something was going to be discussed between the two of them. Something in Juna?s heart began to worry. He said, ?The Jedi Council feels that my request to train Angelleia is allowable, but in return they want you to stop hunting the Sith. They bade me to ask you of this favor.?

Juna sat back in her seat and just clamped her mouth shut for a few seconds. ?And if I say no? Or if I don?t say anything at all??

?Angelleia will still be trained by me, and when? and Casper was not wrong in saying ?when? ?she completes her training she will be considered a Jedi Knight. Whatever you do will not have an affect on Angelleia?s status in the Order. However, as it pertains to you, the Council will tell Chancellor Palpatine everything they know about Rapier Technologies? relationship with the Wettlespear if you do not cease your efforts.?

Sighing, Juna closed her eyes and just smiled at herself. How could she pretend to not have seen that coming? Shaking her head, eyes still closed, she remarked, ?I see, through blackmail I volunteer to end my personal war against the Sith, and by not compiling they finish what Madex had started: real convenient for them.?

?You?re upset,? said Casper.

?You always have a way with stating the obvious, Knightshade.?

Casper sighed visibly this time and said, ?The way they explained it to me still makes me unhappy, but for once Juna I can see some logic to it.? He shifted in his seat before going on. ?The Council said the task of Sith Hunting will fall upon Angelleia and I?s shoulders once her training is complete. They also said that two creatures such as yourself? and here he just threw her a look of exasperation; the Council co

10. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimmilated.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Was that the work of a prototype?

Nice mirror there - Juna is forced to retire just as Naressa is forced to retire out of love and the desire not to interfere with the development of the future.

The irony of having Angelleia hunt Sith is not lost, methinks. Ouch.

Good stuff!

11. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    What happened on Lone Star is just a part of the snowstorm that is in my mind on what's to come. It's also a homage of sorts, harking back to 'The Dark Hope' when Evramora was destroyed in a similar fashion.

Something is happening, and even the Sith do not know half the extent of the problem. :eek:

But that is another story. ;)

In the mean time: don't you ever get that feeling that you are doing, or you can do, a great job and someone says 'great, now stop'. In short that is what is partially happening here between Juna and the Jedi Order. It could be taken for an insult actually in so many ways. It could be viewed as a means of controlling the only Sith they can prove exists, knowing full well that Juna would never stay away from Angelleia completely, at least not now: that way they can eye the universe and not worry that Juna's behind something suspicious. It's a delicate game they are playing, knowing who and want Juna is and what it means to the galaxy's destiny. We know eventually the Jedi lose, but what about the others?

As for retirement.....LOL, do heroes really retire?

-------------------------------------------

Last Chapter

------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 80.0

A month later the sound of engines had gained Casper?s attention. The approach of the ship was missed because of the blinding affects of the dark side that engulfed the planet Dagobah. He had no fear who it was for only a handful of individuals knew where he and Angelleia were. Landed, Millennium Falcon?s ramp had extended by the time he reached the ship a few hundred meters away and Juna was descending the ramp shortly after. Both looked differently to one another, particularly Juna who was sporting safari coveralls instead of black clothing for a change.

?Wow, I didn?t think this was possible,? remarked Casper first thing, accepting her offered greeting hug. She pulled away and gave him a small frown. ?The Falcon. Even I know Muriel wouldn?t part with it so easy.?

?It wasn?t that difficult,? said Juna. She gave the old ship a look as well. ?She insisted I have her. That way there?s no chance of her ever leaving Naboo to go on some blasted crusade. Muriel?s words, not mine.? She put her hands in her back pockets. ?But its Diggory?s once he grows up. It?s only proper; the ship?s his as it was his father?s.? She then laminated, ?He?s going to have to grow into it.?

?His mother thinks the ship would be a distraction?? Casper elaborated further, remembering his brief time with Diggory while last on Dagobah. Apparently Juna had sensed Diggory?s dismay as well. ?I had a feeling he was having trouble figuring life out.?

?At the funniest time of his childhood death came and ruined everything. From that moment on he?s been chased by it.? Juna grimaced. ?I pushed them off of Naboo before either of them had a breath of grief. Diggy?s smart, but still?.? She sighed in quiet distress. ?I take the blame for whatever goes wrong there. I should have never pushed them.?

?It?s hard to say how any child responds to growing up,? offered Casper. ?Death is a part of life after all.?

She said, ?It?s debatable that I handled what I went through as a child. But if I had done so well, it does not mean others can too.?

There was a thoughtful pause. Juna then said, ?Thank goodness the Falcon?s the second fastest ship in the galaxy or I would still be out there counting rocks. Juna crossed her arms over her ample chest and strolled by him. Casper walked beside her with hands clutched behind his back. ?Has anything I sent to the Order done any good??

?I wished it had,? he said, knowing full well that inevitable subject was going to come up quickly. ?I?ve been over that data you sent to me, and so has the Jedi Council. Nothing has bore fruit.?

Juna cocked an eyebrow. ?Was I mentioned in there somewhere? You know, like a thoughtful thank you for almost getting myself killed in obtaining this information.?

Casper mused, ?I said your name repeatedly, praising you. Plo said your name a few times. The rest?.I think they?re still trying t

12. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Love the name of the new company! Babes! (Having Rose run it on Coruscant, huh? ....)

Great reunion between family and friends, and a nice wrap-up to TSH. I'm also beginning to car-crash-dread the 'No, I am your father' moment... when it eventually gets written.

Good stuff!

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Boy that was quick! :eek:

But I won't post the epilogue. Nope, not today. [face_devil]

There's definitely going to be some sort of wreck, but I can't tell anyone what it is yet, or even when it is. But there is a precursor here that the secret can't remain that way much longer. It will come, but as Juna pointed out its going to require her to dwell very deep in her own Darkness, like all Sith Maidens had done before her.

FORWARD! More tomorrow, and not necessarily the epilogue you have been looking for.... :eek:

BTW - I do my best to avoid these conventions, but what else can fan fic writers do? I think I have done a good job.

14. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Now, the first Epilogue draft to this story was far longer and based on a past event, but I tossed it because it was too revealing towards the next story. I would like to keep some semblance of mystery and surprise.

However, there had to be a link of some form that links everything together. So.....brace yourself......

------------------------------------------------

EPILOGUE ?At Least One Promise Kept

Coronet Plaza was perhaps the quietest part of Coronet and for good reason: it housed the jail facilities there oversaw by CorSec. At this late hour, the loiters, pickpockets, gamblers, and other scoundrel were operating at their peek, keeping the garrison on its toes; especially inside, when the holding cells contained that night?s ?catches?; they ranged in species and various forms of criminal offenses. Only the very special got their own holding cells, safe from any molestation from the others, or to be safe from themselves.

Hidu Bog had such a cell here, located in heavily fortified section of the garrison, where he awaited for his first official hearing on his Corellian charges. Here, he did not feel like a very important person in his private cell. It was all too lonely for him, all made even more terrible by the fact that all his attempts to access his assets were for naught. None of his lawyers on retainer were receiving his calls. His accounts were frozen stiffer than a male member in a cryogenic chamber. Nute Gunray had him perfectly disavowed; over a hundred years of existence vanishing like some neat magic trick displayed before Jedi children. All he had was his humility; his Corellian court-appointed lawyer said it could get him at the very least thirty-years.

As for the garrison, all was what it was: guards patrolling every corridor, eyes and sensors affixed on every prisoner at almost every second of the passing time. As with any jail, the main desk was in a lobby, which housed a simple night desk and a guard that checked people and officers in and out; the first and last line that kept prisoners in. The Corellian officer eyed his chromo, made a face, and wished his takeout would show up already.

Outside the partition field that was energized with five painful and lethal layers of protection, a Bothan sporting a container of takeout stood outside waiting for someone to notice him. The male impatiently just rocked back and forth on his heels, totally not seeing the summoning bell. The officer at the desk would have missed him if he had not looked up while rubbing his nose. He made some adjustments to the controls to the field, and waved for the Bothan delivery man to enter.

The Bothan was apprehensive at first, not understanding that the fields were now safe to cross. He then stepped through one field, and then the other, and finally walked normally. He reached the desk and remarked, ?Jolly Holly Pholly?s, here?s your food, cha!?

?About time,? said the officer, standing up and preparing his credit chit for a payment transfer as the delivery man set the container down and get his receiver out to receive the transfer. ?You new or something??

?Nah, bro, I?ve been at this for four years: college you know,? said the Bothan. ?Just Pelee couldn?t work his route, yo.?

Hearing the name of the regular delivery man of the district just passed through the officer?s head as if it was nothing. ?So, what, you guys are like five blocks away.?

The Bothan said wisely, ?Well, I could jaywalk, so I can get arrested, and that way next time the order will get here two full minutes sooner.? The officer just shook his head and made the transfer. ?Yo, what?s up with the shields man, I never knew they could look like that.?

?Phase harmonics, college boy,? said the officer. ?Prisoners can?t tell when the field is lethal or not if they manage to get this far in their escape.?

?Oh!? The Bothan checked the payout and frowned. ?Seriously, that?s your tip??

?I?m sorry, college boy, my mistake. I?ll give you a better tip.? The officer leaned over the desk and said, ?Try walking faster next time.?

The Bothan ju

15. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    what about that hmm.... :eek: :) :) Nice tie to the end of TSM. Well done indeed!

Bravo!

16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Once again, and always again, thanks Delight and anyone else that happens to be lurking in the shadows of the Dark Side. ;)

If there are any questions that need to be asked, ask away anyone, but understand that you may not like the answers, or even no answers, I give you.

But in case you are wondering........

1.) From Prologues to Epilogue, The Sith Hunters weighs in at 15.5 MB. The Dark Hope is 3.27 MB; The Fading Light 12.2 MB; The Sith Maiden 13.2 MB. Both TFL and TSM had way more chapters, but TSH has a much higher pages per chapter average, around 15 pages per chapter.

2.) The fight at the end could have been broken down into at least three more chapters, but because of so many characters interacting it would get convoluted since it's all happening at one spot.

3.) With that said, if I had done this like I did in the previous chapters The Sith Hunters could have went on for another forty chapters. :eek: However, I wanted a more focused fic, and honestly I was pushing my luck here with the lack of action, which by the way was intentional. Also I wanted to maintain a certain level of surprise. And, I can say with further honesty, if I did it, I would have less to write in the next fic which, as it is unfolding right now in the my brain, if I commit to it, it will BE HUGE! Think of it like this: a trilogy within a trilogy. :eek: In size relation think TFL-size for Act One, TSM-size for Act Two, and TSH-size for Act Three. :eek: [face_blush] It's that massive because there is so much that MUST be covered for every little bit of what is told is connected to the main driving point of the story.

4.) TSH main story time frame is the exact time frame setting for the unpublished 'Daughters of the Dark Side'. Coy Madex was also borrowed from 'Daughters', but in that story he was not a Jedi.

5.) It took more time to write the Prologues than it did the main story for TSH.

6.) To those who don't know: while I was writing this I wrote that 'damn SW sailing' fic. I wanted to do something else, but it also gave the next story more focus.

7.) The story titles of the Gessa Saga have gone through a few revisions; the first three volumes were pretty set in stone, and the last story, 'The Chosen One'. The fifth volume is now, once and for all, 'The Black Heart'. HOWEVER, I almost renamed it after naming volume five TBH 'The Original Six'. But sanity rained supreme.

8.) For those who don't know, the term 'Original Six' is from the National Hockey League, when in the early days there were only 6 professional teams: Detroit Red Wings, Toronto Maple Leafs, Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens, Boston Bruins, and New York Rangers. It is a bit of a misnomer since other clubs had existed before their time, but these six clubs have outlasted all clubs since and made up the modern core of the NHL.

9.) Why the Flora Noir is faster than the Millenium Falcon? Because like Han Solo, I say so. :p

Someone like Juna loves the Falcon but can't have her, so she has her own built. One assumes money will make a better, stronger, faster version of it.

10.) Look, here's the real issue: it's not about a person with real money spending real time building a really fast, state-of-the-art craft compared to the now 30-plus odd old YT-1300 here. It's all about navigation -- that's right, navigation. To be more specific navigation based on a the unspecified principals of SW hyperspace travel.

THE critical points of the time be it in Star Wars or Star Trek has always been that 'what is faster, who goes farther' issue that was somewhat resolved in Star Trek when real scientists began to place real limits on a theoretical form of travel in fiction. In fact money was spent to figure this crap out. It made some fans in ST happy until they discovered that real life speed limits ramped up the tension during dramatic times, but it made their galaxy too big to explore. SW-Thrawn trilogy creator Timothy Zahn gambled on creating time to get somewher

17. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Interesting! Zahn was who got me hooked on the EU in the beginning. His later two parter is interesting (if encumbered with all the other 'stuff' that the cannonical-EU added to the storyline), though I have to admit that his original three parter still has a special 'first mover' advantage in this fan-person's mind.

One of these days I'll do a run though from TDH to TSH in anticipation of TBH!

Once again, thanks for sharing this monster of a story with the world, Casper! You have your readers' gratitude!

18. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Thank you again, Delight.

FORWARD! Just give this a bit of a bump for a little while.

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I came, I saw, and I missed about everything. :p

Congrats on finishing this one, Casper. =D=

I'm putting this story on my list for holiday reading.

20. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Hiya, Sara! :D

Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for putting this on your holiday reading list. Remember: the Gessa Saga makes a great gift! [face_laugh]

FORWARD!

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Bumpity-bump-bump, bumpity-bump-bump! :D

22. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Going to weekly BUMPS now, but I just may add an appendix section to this story like I did at the end of TSM. It isn't Easter, but Easter Egg reveals may pop up as well.

FORWARD!

23. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Appendices - Groan over Marko

This details a little at the before mentioned scientists Marko. Be prepared to groan (remember, no character is good or perfect in fiction, and they shouldn't be):

-- The mad scientist Marko, mentioned in the middle of the The Sith Hunters when Casper Knightshade is being chased by Beja Tu Ramore and Coy Madex in the Garden of Mazes, is truly a mad scientist because although brilliant he was crazier than a rabid raccoon on crack. Marko had a tendency of making his theories reflect metaphors of his own consciousness; too much of himself was reflected in the theories and the equations that back them. Too was the fact that only Marko could by and large make his theories work, which alienated his peers until by some mere chance they or someone else entirely finally decode what Marko was talking about.

Other than the Marko Inversion Stupidity Theorem, for which he won one of his three Galacticus Awards for, and the difficulty rating named after him, he also did (apologies to the easily offended):

- The Overindulgence of the Crying Fat Lady (The Lesser Energy to Mass Theory in Quantum Anticipation): Marko?s first theory, written as a paper while in college, to demonstrate as the name implies why no one cares about those who are emotionally hurt due to their obesity as compared to a crying infant. Marko postulated that such big people have an expectation, an acceptance, of having feelings hurt, and thus the energy needed to produce such an affect is in reserve, but even then such energy is not expelled at a constant level; meanwhile a crying baby has no expectation of hurt feelings, thus when the baby cries the energy expenditure is constant, stable, and is greater in energy compared to someone much bigger, much older, and has experienced more disappointment in life. At the quantum level there was a series of anticipated events already determined by a prior movement of quarks: this, as Marko postulated, was Quantum Anticipation: at the quantum level, matter and energy already know how it is going to be used by the two examples, thus matter/energy decides if it actually going to perform brilliantly.

As absurd as this notation is it would be years later when starship designers realized that ship design based around the ship?s power priorities was in error. Much early starship design was predicated on protecting the ship by having ninety percent of its design built around the particle shields that protected ships from interstellar debris during sublight and hyperspace travel. The designers took this theory and shrunk the particle shield emitters down to 75 percent of the hull and kept the energy expenditure the same and had an immediate improvement in operational life time and protection; the ratio of particles not deflected by the emitters hitting the hull improved exponentially. This allowed the emitters to get smaller and the power usage by ships to be less, or moved to other areas of the vessel, like boosting the firepower of weapons. Thus, in better terms, in order to have a more consistent particle shield system, the particle system design had to become much, much smaller to improve importance and second-by-second consistent efficiency. Marko would win the galaxy?s highest award for this posthumously.

- The Mass Indifference of the Closet Space a Female Takes in a Bachelor?s Apartment (Mass Indifference Theory): A theory Marko developed after his famous theorem with robotics, developed as a means to explain what happens to atoms in compound change in a state of heavy gravitational influences. Once again as he colorfully and offensively described his point, a woman of any atoms will have a greater influence on a male of any atoms regardless of the weights and influences of each in physics. In this case the ?woman? will have a greater energy than the ?man?, and over any period of time she will take up all the ?closet space? of the compound because her ?things? are many, will take up space, and she will have the energy to do so; as the ?man? will most often do ?he? will give in.

Marko w

24. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Erm.... right. :rolleyes:

At least he did the galaxy some good with his engineering. :)

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    LOL! :p

Sometimes we get carried away with creating THE character; that classic example of what a perfect Human being should be like. Or we create the 'likable bad guy'. There are other examples, and they are at times too easy to create: especially those characters were not going to waste more than one chapter on. That's the gift/curse of literature: that ability to create a something just to get the story moving and not worry about the consequences later. For writing economics sake, you save your best stuff and narratives and other things for your lead characters and events by cutting the costs in the area of the 'briefly mentioned afterthought'.

All thanks to source books, D and D play guides, and other medias we get a deeper glimpse at those 'afterthoughts'. Because, darn it all, everyone wants to know about this information. Also the all-too-curious wonder if such an approach has any bearing of the writer's thought process, or in short is this what the writer believes. It's too easy nowadays to say a writer's nuts because they wrote about this or that: that because creativity can only work if that person has somehow lived it, not imagined it. Of course this case of point of ponder extends from everyone that thinks this believing guys like the late Hunter S. Thompson actually did everything he wrote about. Believe that people hope that Thompson did not do about ninety percent of the things Thompson wrote about.

Also believe that there are fans of his that hoped he did it all. ;)

In real life we have eccentrics like Marko, who we wouldn't tolerate as a person, wouldn't want to know as a person, but cannot deny their genius. Of course one must wonder why such a brain would ever dare try to, literally, take a simple tape measure, go to a black hole cluster, and physically try to measure it. There's eccentric, and then there is mynock's poodoo insane. [face_whistling]