main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Sith Hunters - 7/22/16 - September 15, 2016....

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Casper_Knightshade, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Nice design for TBH (once you get past the tripod jpg by right clicking)!

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    OPPS! :p

Sorrys. Since GeoCities went the way of the dinosaurs, I'm kinda stuck with Tripod. But I didn't think that would happen with images. At least it didn't upon the initial posting.

Sigh! I fiddle fart with it.

http://thegessasaga.tripod.com/the_black_heart/

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Let's try [image=http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs168.ash2/41519_100000579919906_7740_n.jpg]THIS

4. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    It's been awhile: in posting and in writing for me. I'm just very busy.

However, I would be amiss if I did not write about what had happened last night in watching 'The Clone Wars' show. Whether or not you are a fan or don't watch it, here is something to chew on. And those who have been with the Gessa Saga since the beginning will once again be in shock.

First, some history:

Back during the days of the ending 'The Dark Hope' and the soon-to-be-posted 'The Fading Light', one of the story points was that Juna Rapier, Queen Angelleia, was the youngest Queen ever elected to the Nubian Throne. Out of the unsuspecting blue, in 'Star Wars Episode Two: Attack of the Clones', Padme made a point that she was not "The youngest Queen ever elected". I joked that they had hacked my computer, or they had been secretly reading my posts.

(Note: this was before all the Wikis and major SW historical rewrites).

Now flash forward:

On last nights TCW, it was noted to Shak-Ti by the cloners that they had "very little of Jango left" in terms of DNA, thus why the clones being produced were going to be, over time, of much poorer quality. I haven't posted it yet, BUT this is a critical plot point in the next Gessa Saga story 'The Black Heart'.

(Prepares to unplug internet service...) You can't steal my ideas, George! :p

EDIT ONE: If you don't believe me, I understand: I haven't posted anything yet. Still.......

5. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Sooooooooooo, that would mean either:

a.) George is indeed hacking your computer and is stealing your ideas, making them his, and you should sue.

OR

b.) Admit it...you're George, aren't you?

6. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    [delete double post. Sorry!]

7. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Lol, Whiskey! What a thought (B)!

8. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    (mutters) I want the gray flannel, the gray.

(Looks) Oh, hi you two! Oh no, I'm not George.

(mutters) Note to self, sell California: tell no one!

(Looks back) I just like to think great minds think alike.

(mutters) They hate Jar Jar? Make Two MILLION figures, not a million!

;)

9. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  10. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN, my favorite holiday, wherever you are!

BOO!

11. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  12. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    The cake is a lie.....

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  14. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    [image=http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5839/maybe4.jpg]

[image=http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/442/maybe3y.jpg]

[image=http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6065/maybe2.jpg]

[image=http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7667/maybec.jpg]

15. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    With a powerful sigh, Naressa?s glowing eyes dulled, the dark room seemed much lighter, and there was no chill. ?As I all ready have said there is a chance that I may be wrong and the Vhinech deserve to live. I more than willing to give them a chance.? She looked at Mathaniel and said, ?You must change your people, Magus Mathaniel. Use me as the example of what not to be. Persuade them; use the power of your bully pulpit. You are responsible for them all ready; you must dedicate yourself totally to the cause now. It begins today; today you shall lead them and have them live by a proper example.?

?I am no politician,? said Mathaniel.

?With the most important people in history, most of them have lead without ever obtaining a seat of recognized power.? Naressa looked at Nowen. ?Old General Midas Keneaver knew that all too well. The people of Naboo had listened to him before they ever had listened to the Royal Court in his time.?

The mentioning of Keneaver made Nowen nod his head in agreement. It brought back everything he had told Nandia a few days ago. And then, he had to ask the question. ?You?heard my discussion with my wife.?

?Sorry,? was all Naressa would say. ?I couldn?t help to. Whenever anyone speaks of Keneaver it draws any Nubian?s attention. You were right to tell her of Keneaver: it shouldn?t matter what the others think of you both and the child you are going to have. You?re going to have the baby. End of story.?

Naressa turned back to Mathaniel and said, ?I hope for your sake you believed your life would be difficult. You would be a fool; it?s more difficult than you can possibly imagine, it always is.?

?I never had any pretenses,? he assured her. ?I knew it would be difficult, but to the degree of difficultly I will never expect.? Mathaniel sighed and said, ?You expect so much from my people. I dare say too much.?

?Then you have no faith in them to say such a thing,? said Naressa a bit tersely. ?I have seen the monuments, young man. There are none for the likes of Jurivicious Pern and Magus Prophet, but there are for people of unimaginable quality. For any Vhinech to recognize such in their own and in?.well, aliens? she inclined her head towards Nowen, indicating that she had seen Oggie?s grave ?then they have turned that corner the rest of us have hoped for them to. Do you not have faith in them, after what you have been shown??

In that view Mathaniel had grown silent. He thought on it and put space between the other two. Nowen could see Naressa?s bargain for what it was: in the end, it was a test. It was going to be the longest test the Vhinech had ever taken, and by and far the hardest. The signs were there for hope: a once shunned Wobble was regarded more than any of the genocidal fiends that had saved the race from extinction. The Vhinech had teamed up with the Guardians on numerous times, and just recently, to provide a common defense.

?I have to believe they will listen to me,? said Mathaniel finally, looking out the opening of the mountain, looking past the fog of day and ?seeing? the Gospels. ?I just?never thought I would lead them by lying.? He turned towards her. ?Lying about you as our worst enemy.?

Naressa only shrugged her shoulders and said, ?If a lie can save an entire civilization from oblivion, then it?s a lie worth telling. Those who will listen will listen to you. Those who won?t, you have my word, will not live long enough to blacken the coming dawn.?

There was a pause after that, letting Mathaniel consume the idea more. Naressa trained her attention to Nowen. ?As for the Guardians I am well aware of your problems as well. Some are not as committed to the mission as they had foolish first thought they were.?

?When Oggie died that really dampened the sails,? noted Nowen with a slight nod.

?They had lives,? she pointed out, ?before the Order of Guardians. The ones who have problems that is. The others, such as yourself, lost them before the mission, or found them again on the mission. You understand and appreciate the stakes of this commitment. You take your duty very seriously

16. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Always good to see Naressa in action!

17. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks, Delight. I pretty much wanted to remind the readers what the prologue here was about.

ANNOUNCEMENT: As I struggle to bring this massive story to life, I found my old notes and OOPS! if you're keeping score, this story, Volume Five, should have been called "The Gathering Darkness": an inverse to Volume Two, "The Fading Light".

EDIT AGAIN: It has been changed to "The Gathering Dark".

FORWARD!

18. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    FORWARD!

Like The Grand Library in Rapier Manor, only smaller. :eek:

http://www.nedhardy.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2011/october/awesome_collection/awesome_collection_9.jpg

EDIT: sorry, image doesn't want to show up.

19. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    The Bothan boy Grosse Pyiler?oya heard something he had not heard before: a noise that was alien to him yet familiar and all of it frightening. He was cautious, walking quietly from his room as his five-year-old legs would allow. He stopped walking down the hall that connected the bedrooms to the living room when his four-year-old sister Ileana emerged from her open door. Three-year-old Heavus was mouthing his right hand while hanging onto his sister?s hand with his left.

?What was that noise, it sounded terrible?? she whined, holding her raggedy doll with her free hand. Their younger brother began to whimper.

?I don?t know,? stressed Grosse. He was already scared, and his baby sister was not helping. ?Take Heavus, go to your room, lock the door, and hide.?

?Oh, what if?s a monster?? she whimpered.

Unfortunately, Grosse began to think that once Ileana said it. He was not a brave boy, but he had to see what was wrong. If he didn?t soon, he was going to end up joining Ileana under the bed. ?Just go, Ileana!? She went to say something; he was sure if he let her say it, he was going to run with his siblings. ?Go!?

Ileana and Heavus stumbled back into the little Bothan girl?s room. Grosse sighed and very carefully ? as much as a child could ? moved stealthy. With their mother gone away and their father in and out hard at work, Grosse was often placed in charge because their place was safe and secure. So secure was their home, he was told once, not even the revenue collectors knew where they were. He told himself he probably imagined the noise, but even he dismissed the notion: his siblings had heard it too. As oldest, it was his responsibility to investigate, whether he was scared or not.

The journey was innocent enough save for a repetitive opening-closing sound of a door unseen somewhere. Grosse navigated through the living quarters, moving through living room, kitchen, and sitting room. The sound grew louder when he entered his parent?s laboratory, yet still he could not see the source. Walking past the holographic models of DNA strands in various states of mutation, Grosse grew more nervous and nibbled on his bottom lip to prevent his need to cry out to his father. He entered the next room, a holding chamber, and then he reached the furthest extent he had ever reached in his young life time. The door was closed, but the door beyond that unseen was the source of the repetitive noise. The children were always told to never open this particular door; most times it was locked, but this time it was not. Grosse hesitated, but his fainting heart also told him to go astray.

Grosse opened the door and with a look he sucked in his breath. Down the long end of the corridor of metal was his father. Virmus Pyiler?oya was the cause of the noisy door; his unconscious, rotund body lay in the doorway, causing the closing door to reopen repeatedly.

Like any child his age, Grosse stood there for a long time unable to process what he saw. He moved forward eventually, bent down, and gave Virmus a shake with his hand to wake him up; he did this totally unaware at first that he was doing it. After each shake attempt, Grosse shook harder and began to break down. He was not sure if his father was alive or dead, but Virmus was not sleeping and Grosse sure was terrified.

Not even thinking about his parents? rules, Grosse stumbled through the blocked doorway. He was sure his parents had talked about?colleges? Apparently there were ?colleges? working alongside them in this facility. Out in the larger corridor he heard much louder sounds; muted like a child laughing under a few layers of blankets. Grosse turned to his right and hurried his steps. He couldn?t find his voice yet, but he kept thinking that at any moment his mother would appear. As the corridor slowly bent, he told himself that she would emerge around the bend very soon. On he walked, and it felt like forever, and yet his mother did not appear. He kept walking, and started crying.

Then it just happened; strange people were walking casually in the opposite direction. Grosse stop

20. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    A post!

Mad indeed. Though I can't help but feel that we have met Grosse elsewhere once upon a time? Are his siblings equally talented, I wonder? What an army thy would make.

And oh, of course....

---'--(@

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks, Delight. By the Force, are we still here? ;)

Having been so busy with DRL, I really haven't done much writing, which is one part of the problem. The other problem is getting 'The Gathering Dark' to a readable length per chapter. It's a very Dense, and I mean DENSE, story, and this is after I eliminated a good deal of characters and their share times. I only got around to Chapter 1 back in November. I am on Chapter 6 going into 7 now.

In between, I have been doing other projects too to get my head cleared up. The unpublished 'Hone' was one of them, 'The Original Six' was another.

This establishes further the Bothan-Naressa Rapier connection. Grosse was introduced in 'TSH'; the rest of the family returns in 'TGD'. They are Si'ing, and they all have the same particular set of skills....

It also explains the Bothan skeleton Casper comes across in the hidden recesses of the Dungeon Maze. As thorough as people may think they are when they were looking for Naressa years ago, they never truly made it to that part of the Dungeon Maze. [face_devil]

------'----@

22. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  23. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
  24. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    STILL ALIVE!