main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If you have good force users who turn bad, they aren't Sith as such.

Ventress was not a Sith, neither was Mara Jade.

[​IMG]
    Jerec was not a Sith

Neither were Desann or Tavion Axmis

[​IMG]

No reason why similar characters can't feature.
    Heck if we do get Katarn we might get one or more of these guys.

Sith Ghosts would be a bit far though, being possessed by Marka Ragnos or Exar Kun would not be particularly original.

[​IMG]

Greivous manages pretty well in ROTS & TCW as a saber-fighting non Force-user

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I do believe that the Sith will return. The Balance to the Force was a passing comment. When was that propecy made? A Year before TPM? TOR Era? The minute the rule of 2 was instituted. The old Jedi thought the Sith ceased to exist, they grew in size and grew lazy and they died for their beliefs. Luke does not know of any propecy. He will be vigilant of any dark Jedi or Sith. The SIth will return if for no other reason aside from $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. However I would like to see two new entries into the group... You have light and dark, yet both sides are the Jedi ORDER and the Sith ORDER, what if there is a group that simply uses the force to simply create chaos and anarchy? Plus you could throw in IKs as a variable to the rest

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The only reason Jerec wasn't a Sith was because of the prohibition on calling post-ROTJ Sith, Sith. He might as well have been, what with his galactic ambitions and actual ability.

Jedi Merkurian and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well who came up with the prophecy? Maybe Yoda just made it up to mess with the Jedi council?
    "Heh heh pull a prophecy out of my butt I will. Troll the Jedi council I must. An ***hole I am."

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Following the theory, no one has been of the Sith species since the Old Republic... No one has seen the Mando species since before that... Bane's order died with Palpatine and Vader. THe One Sith will rise.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  7. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I wished they would have mentioned where the propecy came from. Not to mention Balance does not mean Light Side Domination. Im not a mortis fan, however there is light dark and balance. To say Anakin brought balance to the force is to say he brought the galaxy to a place where light and dark were equal. If Luke is a Jedi, where is the darkness... There in lies the villian of EP 7

HankSolo likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "The prophecy doesn't require the end of darksiders" > "The prophecy doesn't require the end of the Sith".

Julius Vernon likes this.
  9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Sweet Salma Hayek, I’m tired of this conversation.

The minute somebody can explain –using the movies and ONLY the movies as reference- the difference between a Jedi who turns to the dark side and a Sith Lord is the minute someone can explain how there will be no Sith in the new movies.

Why do I phrase the question thusly?

Because Joe Average Star Wars Movie Fan cares exactly **** all about holocrons, The Prophecy™, or whatever George Lucas said in some interview with some old fart almost twenty years before the new movies are released. (Side rant: once upon a time, GL said that there would be twelve movies. Then he said nine movies. Fast forward half a dozen years, and he said there always only supposed to be six. In ESB, it was suggested that there could be any number of dark side Force users [“if he could be turned, he would be a powerful ally”]. Fourteen years later, there are always only two. And now we’re back to nine movies. So going by what George Lucas says tells us Jack **** about what will actually happen) All JASWMF cares about is seeing somebody with a red lightsaber tearing the *** outta somebody with a not-red lightsaber. That, and **** blowing up. In space.

The suits at Disney know this, and I’ll bet you four beeeeeellion dollars that they will cater to those guys instead of some folks whining on teh interwebz about a Heroic BSOD from ten years earlier than the ST, or a twenty year old interview. Why? Because the suits know that us nerds will **** and moan on the internets about whatever they put up on The Big Screen. Right after we pay up at the box office. Probably more than once.

*drops mic

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    And, we're done here.^ :)

11. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Completely agree, however I do believe to cater to us nerds, they will throw us our easter eggs from all over the galaxy

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't see how any of this precludes the possibility of not having Sith in the new movies.

13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    That is his point, all the money comes from not nerd, that money wants lightsabers, and are more familiar with SIth than with "Dark Jedi"

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure you misunderstood what I said.

You can have everything he said and still not have Sith and it's not even hard to imagine.

15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah she would make a good sith lord =P~

16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Did you see her in Savages, she was bad to the bone... I think that was her right?

17. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    His point is every argument made for not having sith doesn't matter one lick to 99% of the viewing audience of these films. In the end I don't even care a lick, just give me a good film with a solid villain. That can easily come from a sith without pooping on anything form the previous films. The only thing sith naysayers have to go off of is a weak prophecy that we don;t even know what it actually says, that has been pointed out to in every likelyhood be misunderstood and wrongly interpreted. In other words. Lucas was purposely vague because vagueness allows for more options. Sith or no sith. Both are entirely plausible, and both fully capable of bringing about a good film.

18. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I haven't seen it yet, but yeah that's her in it. Not a fan of Oliver Stone though I will see it soonish.

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Can we all agree a dark force user with a lightsaber will be the villain?

20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I doubt those "non-fans" have a fetish for the word "Sith". In fact, I'd bet you more of them could figure out what "Dark Jedi" means than know what "Sith" means.

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed- the word wasn't even used onscreen in the OT, only in the novels.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    This is true, you have given me something to ponder...

23. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Balance of the Force, not balance of the Force-users.

24. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He was fluent in the Sith Language. He just had a bit of knowhow

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True, but where does the dark side reside then when Luke is the only trained force user in the galaxy and is a Jedi?