Beyond The Sith Insurrection (Post-NJO: Skywalkers, Solos, Surprises) *UPDATED* 6/5 - Chapter 68

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Disclaimer: I own nothing! It?s all George Lucas' world; I?m just hanging out for a while. Sue me and get nothing; I?m in charity work aka nearly broke.

AUTHOR NOTE: OK, this just popped into my head and demanded to be written. Perfect timing what with DRL kicking my you know what of late, but what could I do? If anyone likes it, I'll do my best to update regularly. If nobody does...well, it was fun to write this much.

For the record, this is the most ambitious project I?ve ever undertaken. :eek: As to where exactly it?s going... your guess is nearly as good as mine at this point. Ideas, scenes, and dialogue I?ve got; everything else... A general sense of this universe, yes I?ve got that, too. Still a few things that need to be tweaked, but this damn bunny insisted on being let out of his cage, immediately. This stories ties directly to some of my other works, both completed and in progress, but we?ll get to that later. I would have liked to have kept this under wraps a bit longer, but it is one of those bunnies that just won?t let you alone. So to save my dwindling sanity, I?m posting its beginning, and saying a few silent prayers in the process. :p

Title: The Sith Insurrection
    Author: JD.
    Characters: The Skywalker/Solo clan, and a galaxy of others. I?ve listed some of the others below, but more will be added over time.
    Type: Novel-length AU
    Era: Post-NJO
    Genre: Drama/action/romance/political intrigue, and whatever else I decide to throw in.
    Summary: Will the return of a hero bring jubilation, or herald the end of postwar peace...and the Galactic Alliance?

Dramatis Personae: To be updated/edited as needed by yours truly. And I will be doing that quite a bit, at least early on. Don?t want to spoil the story by telling you everything up front, now do I.

Abin-Ral-Xufush; Leader of the Shadow Wing pirates (male Tiss'shar)
    Alema Rar; Jedi Master (female Twi'lek)
    Andi Tolen; Bounty hunter/captain of the Desert Rat (female human)
    Aran Cho; Imperial captain (male human)
    Basbakahn; Bodyguard (male Noghri)
    Beeda the Hutt; Crimelord (male Hutt)
    Beel Acton; Darkside adept (male human)
    Boba Fett; Leader of the Mandalorian Super commandoes (male human)
    Booster Terrik; Captain of the Errant Venture (Male Human)
    Cakhmain; Leia's bodyguard (male Noghri)
    Cal Omas; President of the Galactic Alliance (male human)
    Chaf?ras?tattillo (Frasta); Shadow Wing pirate captain (female Chiss)-OC
    Chalco; Employee of Horn Import/Export (male human)
    Cilghal; Jedi Master (Female Mon Calamari)
    Corran Horn; Jedi Knight (male human)
    C-3PO; Protocol Droid (male personality)
    C-3PX; Assassin droid (male personality)
    Daala; Imperial Admiral (female human)
    Danni Quee; Scientist (female Human)
    Darth Martel; Sith Lord (male human)
    Dash Rendar; Mercenary (male human)
    Doral Kordav; Bounty hunter (male human)-OC
    Droma; Leader of the Ryn Network (Male Ryn)
    Dustangle; Shadow Wing pirate (male Duros)-OC 
    Feeth; Shadow Wing pirate (female Cathar)-OC
    Fiver; Astromech droid (male personality)
    Garm Bel Iblis; General (Male Human)
    Gr'vesh; Shadow Wing pirate (male Defel)-OC
    Han Solo; Retired General and captain of the Millennium Falcon (male human)
    Hruck Rapuung; Shamed one (male Yuuzhan Vong)-OC
    Humjo Brana; Compulsive gambler/thief (male albino half-breed)-OC
    Iran Ryad; Countess/ace Tie fighter pilot (female human)
    Jacen Solo; Force user (male human)
    Jagged Fel; CEDF diplomat (male human)
    Jaina Solo; Lieutenant colonel and Jedi Knight (female human)
    Jorallen; Jedi Knight (male human)-From the unpublished Knightfall trilogy
    Judder Page; Leader of Page?s commandoes (male human)
    Ka?Pa; Hutt council member (male Hutt)
    Kely Teemish; Captain of the Empire?s Revenge (female human)
    Klin-Fa Gi; Jedi Master (female human)
    Kreig Carr; Shamed one (male Yuuzhan Vong)-OC
    Kren; Shadow Wing pirate (male Feeorin)-OC
    Kyp Durron; Jedi Master (male human)
    Lando Calrissian; Business
  2. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter 1
    The unwilling servant

Korriban was a hellish place even in the best of times, and these were not the best of times on the Sith homeworld. Lightening lit the night sky, and loud cracks of thunder shook the planet's surface. The nightmare creatures that called Korriban home scattered as the raging storm continued to intensify. The planet had no natives left for they had died out long ago, but there were people now present on the darkside shrouded world.

Deep within the bowels of the burial complex that had been erected to serve as the final resting place for Darth Vader, she sat quietly. The large stone chamber was illuminated entirely by old style torches, and it was sparsely furnished. Three long sets of stone steps lead to up to a single jewel encrusted throne; a throne that now held the last living vestige of the Sith.

Light from the torches danced off her shiny, metallic body. Her eyes were closed as she awaited the visitor she knew would soon be arriving. When at last she felt his presence appear before her, she opened her eyes slowly. Hidden behind her head-wrap, her mouth quirked into a cruel smile.

"Welcome home, My Master."

"This place is not and will never be home to me, Shira. I would expect you to understand that better than most," his ghostly form retorted.

"And you should know that name holds no meaning for me anymore," she replied harshly.

"It doesn't have to be this way, you know. You could throw off the shackles of the darkside and embrace the light; it would welcome you as it once did me. The lightside can be most forgiving if only you would allow it into your life."

She ignored his plea and began taunting him. "I should thank you for all that you have done for me, Master. Without your help I would never have gained such a powerful and worthy apprentice," she spoke in a casual voice.

"You must release him; he was never meant to serve the darkside. Free him now,...Lumiya, and you might yet be spared."

She snorted in disgust. "I have restored him to life, Master, as the Emperor once restored you. As you once restored me, if I recall correctly. If these circumstances pain you so, then you have only yourself to blame. It was you, Master, who taught me things forbidden to all but two. You who revealed secrets of the Sith that no mere disciple should have been permitted to learn. I am as I was trained to be, as you made me, Master."

"How have you done this, Lumiya? I did not teach you such things, and the Emperor surely did not."

"I have studied and learned much since your death, since the demise of your Sith order. There are ways that one who is no more can live again, can be as they once were, Master. He owes me his life, as you owed yours to your master."

"He will never be yours, Lumiya, he will never be a slave to the darkside." The blue specter's fists balled at his sides; his anger growing at her insinuations.

"Apprentice, come here. Now!" She waited as her young apprentice moved to stand beside her.

Anakin Skywalker's heart broke as he watched his grandson take his place beside the Dark Lady of the Sith, Lumiya. How could the Force have allowed something like this to happen? Hadn't his family suffered through enough; hadn't he paid for his crimes? And why Anakin? The boy was pure and good, not tainted as he had been. Had not the burden of redeeming his wretched name been enough? Anakin Skywalker could feel anger and hatred swelling within him, but, unlike before, he was able to push such feelings aside.

Tell me, Anakin, who is your master now?" Lumiya began again.

"You are, Lady Lumiya." Anakin Solo's voice was barely a whisper, and his ice blue eyes reflected the depth of pain in his soul.

"You see, Master. He belongs to me," she announced triumphantly.

"He is an unwilling servant," Anakin Skywalker remarked coolly.

"So he is," she conceded. "But, unwilling or not, he is mine. In time, he will grow to accept his destiny, his place at my side. Just as you once did with the Emperor, My Master."

"I appear befor
  3. DCWiz00 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yay! I got the first post!

Good start! :D

You have a HUGE cast list, which I'm hoping will mean a long story. :D

Can't wait for more.

By the way...nice icon ;)
  4. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Gah! Just when I thought I had one less story to follow!!!!! ;)

Cool - you have Vehn and Qorl and Lando and Tendra. :) I've become very fond of them. It's funny how writing characters can make you feel close to them. Of course I knew you'd have the Noghri. :)

Poor Anakin. He's almost like C3PO - born to suffer. Good intro to the story though. You've set it up well.

Anakin Skywalker could feel anger and hatred swelling within him, but, unlike before, he was able to push such feelings aside
    Damn - don't you just hate it when you give up the Dark Side and then suddenly you find you need it!.

Here's hoping that good will prevail. :)
  5. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm kind of glad you have been attacked by the plot bunnies. It means another good story to follow. :)
  6. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That was an awesome start!!!! I can't wait to see where this is going.

NYC
  7. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    DCWiz00: Yay! I got the first post!

Congrats, and welcome aboard. :)

Good start!

Thanks.

You have a HUGE cast list, which I'm hoping will mean a long story.

Yes, I'd say that's likely.

Can't wait for more.

Glad to hear it, and I hope you'll like it.

By the way...nice icon

Same to you. ;)

Tahi: Gah! Just when I thought I had one less story to follow!!!!!

LOL! Just when I thought I had one less story to write!!!! [face_laugh]

Cool - you have Vehn and Qorl and Lando and Tendra. I've become very fond of them. It's funny how writing characters can make you feel close to them. Of course I knew you'd have the Noghri.

I hope I can do the foursome justice. Are you suggesting I have a Noghri fetish? :confused: :p

Poor Anakin. He's almost like C3PO - born to suffer. Good intro to the story though. You've set it up well.

LOL that's true about poor Anakin. Thanks, the next post will get more complicated...

Anakin Skywalker could feel anger and hatred swelling within him, but, unlike before, he was able to push such feelings aside
    Damn - don't you just hate it when you give up the Dark Side and then suddenly you find you need it!.

Are you underestimating the Chosen One's powers? 8-}

Here's hoping that good will prevail.

I'll raise a glass to that.

RebelMom: I'm kind of glad you have been attacked by the plot bunnies. It means another good story to follow.

As usual, you flatter me. :D I hope it lives up to expectations...

NYCitygurl: That was an awesome start!!!! I can't wait to see where this is going.

Me either. :p Thanks for the kind words, and welcome aboard. :)
  8. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    JDH3: OK, this just popped into my head and demanded to be written.

You have that problem too, huh? [face_mischief] :D

Tahiri Veila; Jedi Knight (female human)

:eek: :confused: [face_laugh]

[big stupid grin]

Okay, I think like this 'fic already! :D :D

Remis Vehn; Freelance spacer (male human)
    Qorl; Partner of Remis Vehn (male human)

Yep. Definately liking this 'fic! :D :D

Lumiya; Dark Lady of the Sith (female human-cyborg)
    Vua'sa; Slayer (male Yuuzhan Vong)-OC
    Shrack; Bounty hunter (male Dug)-OC

[face_laugh]

Ooh yeah...! :D

Vaj Balbri; Darkside adept (male human)-OC
    Ru Baruba Kolzaar; Smuggler (male human)-OC

This list is long - but interesting...

Always wondered what happened to him... [face_mischief]

Waroo; Bodyguard (male Wookie)
    Lowbacca; Jedi Master (male Wookie)

Interesting... :D

Wrenga Jixton; Mercenary and former agent of Darth Vader (male human)

Oh yes... very interesting... :D [face_mischief]

And now, the 'fic itself...

Korriban was a hellish place even in the best of times, and these were not the best of times on the Sith homeworld.

Nope. Nice opening, though... :p

One question - are you prepared to go into any details about the mechanics of Vader's reappearing here...?

"I have restored him to life, Master, as the Emperor once restored you. As you once restored me, if I recall correctly. If these circumstances pain you so, then you have only yourself to blame. It was you, Master, who taught me things forbidden to all but two. You who revealed secrets of the Sith that no mere disciple should have been permitted to learn. I am as I was trained to be, as you made me, Master."

Hmm. Korriban. Dead people. Do I sense an unspoken allusion to the Vader/Maul duel here as well? [face_mischief]

Anakin Skywalker's heart broke as he watched his grandson take his place beside the Dark Lady of the Sith, Lumiya.

Hang on - I only saw one grandson of Vader's in the Dramatis Personae...

How could the Force have allowed something like this to happen? Hadn't his family suffered through enough; hadn't he paid for his crimes?

Doesn't that undercut what he's saying to Lumiya?

And why Anakin?

:eek:

[face_laugh]

:D

Hmm... :confused: [face_thinking]

Yeah. Somehow, I thought it would be him. Am I allowed to be suspicious here? Or is that just that Anakin smells slightly odd becasue of what's been done to him, like that Noghri in Reunion...

"He is an unwilling servant," Anakin Skywalker remarked coolly.

Yeah, well, so was his grandfather... :p

"So he is," she conceded. "But, unwilling or not, he is mine. In time, he will grow to accept his destiny, his place at my side. Just as you once did with the Emperor, My Master."

Nice!

The end of the post fairly crackles along like Force Lightning... poor Anakin...

Hmm... you raise some interesting (and disturbing) thoughts here about direct control of the Apprentice by the Master - reminds me just a little of The Last Command...

"Run! Damn you,? he snarled, ?I said run!"

Hmm... I don't think we've actually seen Jimmy Vader that angry before... but I like it! :cool:

Eagerly awaiting more 'fic!

- The Imperial Ewok
  9. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Well, I got to read this before everyone else [face_dancing] so you already know what I think of it :D

Jacen Solo; Force user (male human)

interesting [face_thinking]

Great dramatis.

Cool seeing Korriban in a fic :D You've got Anakin Solo alive, which is always a great way to start a fic in my opinion ;) and being trained to the dark side is an excellent twist. I also really like the use of old and forgotten characters like Daala. And of course, the Tahiri vision was cool :cool:

Great start, I look forward to more :) This has great potential.
  10. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thrawn McEwok: JDH3: OK, this just popped into my head and demanded to be written.

You have that problem too, huh?

All the time!

Tahiri Veila; Jedi Knight (female human)

[big stupid grin]

Okay, I think like this 'fic already!

Hooked you early, did I? lol!

Remis Vehn; Freelance spacer (male human)
    Qorl; Partner of Remis Vehn (male human)

Yep. Definately liking this 'fic!

Score one for me!

Lumiya; Dark Lady of the Sith (female human-cyborg)
    Vua'sa; Slayer (male Yuuzhan Vong)-OC
    Shrack; Bounty hunter (male Dug)-OC

Ooh yeah...!

Here?s to continued success...

Vaj Balbri; Darkside adept (male human)-OC
    Ru Baruba Kolzaar; Smuggler (male human)-OC

This list is long - but interesting...

Yes, and I think so, too. :p

Always wondered what happened to him...

*hands TMcE his card* JD: Finder of lost and discarded Star Wars characters. FYI: I specialize in those relegated to EU limbo.

Waroo; Bodyguard (male Wookie)
    Lowbacca; Jedi Master (male Wookie)

Interesting...

Still got you, I see.

Wrenga Jixton; Mercenary and former agent of Darth Vader (male human)

Oh yes... very interesting...

[face_dancing]

And now, the 'fic itself...

Korriban was a hellish place even in the best of times, and these were not the best of times on the Sith homeworld.

Nope. Nice opening, though...

Thanks. :)

One question - are you prepared to go into any details about the mechanics of Vader's reappearing here...?

Possibly to some degree. However, if I choose not to, you can blame the NJO. [face_devil] After all, wasn?t Obi-Wan suppose to be gone, and I don?t just mean his spectral form? And he pops up twice, or his voice does, in the NJO. And lets not forget the elder Anakin?s two appearances, even if they were only his voice.

"I have restored him to life, Master, as the Emperor once restored you. As you once restored me, if I recall correctly. If these circumstances pain you so, then you have only yourself to blame. It was you, Master, who taught me things forbidden to all but two. You who revealed secrets of the Sith that no mere disciple should have been permitted to learn. I am as I was trained to be, as you made me, Master."

Hmm. Korriban. Dead people. Do I sense an unspoken allusion to the Vader/Maul duel here as well?

Are you suggesting that Ressurection might be one of my favorite EU stories? That I might actually have downloaded a fan-made audio drama of the aforementioned story? :confused: ;) [face_laugh]

Anakin Skywalker's heart broke as he watched his grandson take his place beside the Dark Lady of the Sith, Lumiya.

Hang on - I only saw one grandson of Vader's in the Dramatis Personae...

*Pokes TMcE, and clears throat* ---> Dramatis Personae: To be updated/edited as needed by yours truly. And I will be doing that quite a bit, at least early on. Don?t want to spoil the story by telling you everything up front, now do I.

BTW: You should see all the things I haven't revealed yet! Some of them concerning characters who are in the dramatis... :eek:

How could the Force have allowed something like this to happen? Hadn't his family suffered through enough; hadn't he paid for his crimes?

Doesn't that undercut what he's saying to Lumiya?

Noticed that, did you. Just too bad that he didn?t...

And why Anakin?

Hmm...

Yeah. Somehow, I thought it would be him. Am I allowed to be suspicious
  11. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    JDH3: All the time!

:p

Hmm. So should I mention this, then? [face_mischief]

:p :cool: Yeah. Just seeing those two names at the top of the list... :D :D

*hands TMcE his card* JD: Finder of lost and discarded Star Wars characters. FYI: I specialize in those relegated to EU limbo.

Especially when they're Noghri? [face_mischief] :p

But... Jorallen?! :eek: [face_laugh]

Still got you, I see.

:p Yeah... :D

[face_dancing]

Thanks. :)

Would you be thanking me if I'd attempted an appalling A Tale of two Sithies pun...? :p

Possibly to some degree. However, if I choose not to, you can blame the NJO. [face_devil] After all, wasn?t Obi-Wan suppose to be gone, and I don?t just mean his spectral form? And he pops up twice, or his voice does, in the NJO. And lets not forget the elder Anakin?s two appearances, even if they were only his voice.

Huh? When was Obi-Wan's voice the first time? I remember the echo of his "she's leaving" from RP at the end of TUF, but when was the other time?

And considering the quite definate ambiguities surrounding the younger Anakin's voice, and then Hallucinakin, in Traitor, I'm not entirely sure that we weren't supposed to read something similar into all the "voices"... [face_plain]

But, yeah - good answer, I guess! I'm just nitpicking... :D

And maybe, knowing your 'fic, noticing the way you ducked the question... [face_mischief]

Are you suggesting that Ressurection might be one of my favorite EU stories? That I might actually have downloaded a fan-made audio drama of the aforementioned story? :confused: ;) [face_laugh]

Heh. Thought as much...

Got an URL for it?! :D

*Pokes TMcE, and clears throat* ---> Dramatis Personae: To be updated/edited as needed by yours truly. And I will be doing that quite a bit, at least early on. Don?t want to spoil the story by telling you everything up front, now do I.

True... though I will say, I like Anakin's absence in the Dramatis Personae, so I don't know you need to change that, really - there's a Jimmy-Vader-shaped hole implied by starting it the way you do...

BTW: You should see all the things I haven't revealed yet! Some of them concerning characters who are in the dramatis... :eek:

Yikes! I look forward to more being revealed! :D

Uh-oh! I have a real bad feeling about this! :eek: [face_laugh] :D

Hmm... :p [face_mischief] :D

Suspicious? You? Never lol! Can?t speak for his smell, but I?d say the rest makes sense. 8-}

Hmm - and you're the one who's so good at writing Noghri, too... :cool:

Fact! :p

Heh!

Aww shucks. [face_blush]

" [face_whistling]"

And, for that matter, Kae Kwaad and Shimrra... [face_mischief]

Yippie!! [face_dancing]

:p [face_snort]

Your wish is my command, M?Lord. 8-}

Well, get a move on, then! :p :D

- The Imperial Ewok
  12. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thrawn McEwok: JDH3: All the time!

Hmm. So should I mention this, then?

Hmm, gonna have to check that out. :D

Yeah. Just seeing those two names at the top of the list...

Anyone ever accuse you of being easy to please, TMcE? :p

Especially when they're Noghri?

You've been talking to Tahi, haven't you. [face_raised_eyebrow]

But... Jorallen?!

Didn't I mention underdeveloped? [face_innocent]

Still got you, I see.

Yeah...

Three cheers for me!

Thanks.

Would you be thanking me if I'd attempted an appalling A Tale of two Sithies pun...?

OK, that's just bad no matter how you slice it lol! How do I know? Simple; it's something I would say. 8-}

Possibly to some degree. However, if I choose not to, you can blame the NJO. After all, wasn?t Obi-Wan suppose to be gone, and I don?t just mean his spectral form? And he pops up twice, or his voice does, in the NJO. And lets not forget the elder Anakin?s two appearances, even if they were only his voice.

Huh? When was Obi-Wan's voice the first time? I remember the echo of his "she's leaving" from RP at the end of TUF, but when was the other time?

Rebirth page 273. We could debate about if it's really him, but that was the other time I mentioned.

And considering the quite definate ambiguities surrounding the younger Anakin's voice, and then Hallucinakin, in Traitor, I'm not entirely sure that we weren't supposed to read something similar into all the "voices"...

But, yeah - good answer, I guess! I'm just nitpicking...

Yes, you are. But, I'll let it slide, this time. [face_mischief]

And maybe, knowing your 'fic, noticing the way you ducked the question...

Ducked? Me? :p

Are you suggesting that Ressurection might be one of my favorite EU stories? That I might actually have downloaded a fan-made audio drama of the aforementioned story?

Heh. Thought as much...

Got an URL for it?!

Someone posted it in the lit forum; I'll go looking ASAP. [face_helpful]

True... though I will say, I like Anakin's absence in the Dramatis Personae, so I don't know you need to change that, really - there's a Jimmy-Vader-shaped hole implied by starting it the way you do...

True. I never said I would be changing that element, but others, maybe...

BTW: You should see all the things I haven't revealed yet! Some of them concerning characters who are in the dramatis...

Yikes! I look forward to more being revealed!

And well you should, if I do say so myself lol!

Uh-oh! I have a real bad feeling about this! ]face_grin]

Hmm... :p

That's an appropriate reaction. [face_devil]

Suspicious? You? Never lol! Can?t speak for his smell, but I?d say the rest makes sense.

Hmm - and you're the one who's so good at writing Noghri, too...

[face_indignant_snort] And I still am, Mister. LOL!

Fact!

Heh!

I never said that everything was complex. :p

And, for that matter, Kae Kwaad and Shimrra...

[face_whistling] <---notice pattern...

Your wish is my command, M?Lord.

Well, get a move on, then!

- The Imperial Ewok

New post very soon. ;) I'm trying to limit to once a week, so that I can stay at least a chapter ahead of you folks. :p However, if you can live until next week, I'll post the new chapter soon?
  13. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    AUTHOR NOTE: The next post should arrive either later today, or tonight. But until then, how about a little something to wet your appetite?

Teaser:...

Doral?s employer stroked his white beard thoughtfully, a ghost of a smile on his lips. ?If he should die, I will be most displeased. But as it stands now, yes, you?ve done well, Bounty Hunter.?

JD.
  14. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Cool teaser. Can't wait for the post!!

NYC
  15. LukesTheMan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't wait to see where you go with this, the teaser was killer! Look forward to more.
  16. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    JDH3: Hmm, gonna have to check that out. :D

[taps paw impatiently]

Anyone ever accuse you of being easy to please, TMcE? :p

Not really, nope...

You've been talking to Tahi, haven't you. [face_raised_eyebrow]

o_O :p

Well, yeah... but I'd kinda noticed when Kohvrekhar and Basbakhan cropped up in Illusions and The Old Ways... [face_mischief]

You've not enveigled Akh'lat in yet anywhere that I can see, though... ;)

Didn't I mention underdeveloped? [face_innocent]

Three cheers for me!

Hip... hip... hooray!
    Hip... hip... hooray!
    Hip... hip... hooray!

Happy now? :p [face_mischief]

OK, that's just bad no matter how you slice it lol! How do I know? Simple; it's something I would say. 8-}

Hmm. I'm not sure whether to be offended, flattered, or confused... :D

Rebirth page 273. We could debate about if it's really him, but that was the other time I mentioned.

Aye, I remember now. Not what Ben said, but I do remember his voice being there... hmm... I guess this is to do with how far Luke, Mara and the Skycrawler have fallen into the Force at this point, and compared with the echo in TUF as a result of Luke's increasingly bizarre and tricksy perceptions...

ALl of which can be nicely contrasted with Jacen's Neitzchean psychosis... :p

Yes, you are. But, I'll let it slide, this time. [face_mischief]

Hmm... I'll let you let it slide, unless we get a chorus-line of high-kicking Fuzzy Blue Jedi... [face_mischief]

Ducked? Me? :p

You do realise that there's a further opportunity for misdirection at times like this, I assume? [face_mischief]

Someone posted it in the lit forum; I'll go looking ASAP. [face_helpful]

And, of course, I forgot to download it to the computer with a decent sound card earlier today... :mad:

True. I never said I would be changing that element, but others, maybe...

Hmm... :D

So, does that include some character surnames? [face_mischief]

And well you should, if I do say so myself lol!

Egoist!

That's an appropriate reaction. [face_devil]

Uh-oh! :eek:

[face_indignant_snort] And I still am, Mister. LOL!

I never said you weren't! :eek:

I never said that everything was complex. :p

No - but why the Tenel Ka impersonation? :confused: [face_worried]

[face_whistling] <---notice pattern...

Yeah, I see it... [face_mischief]

New post very soon. ;) I'm trying to limit to once a week, so that I can stay at least a chapter ahead of you folks. :p However, if you can live until next week, I'll post the new chapter soon?

So, what's that supposed to mean? You'll post now, or next week?! :oops:

AUTHOR NOTE: The next post should arrive either later today, or tonight. But until then, how about a little something to wet your appetite?

Ah! :D:D!

Teaser:...

Doral?s employer stroked his white beard thoughtfully, a ghost of a smile on his lips. ?If he should die, I will be most displeased. But as it stands now, yes, you?ve done well, Bounty Hunter.?

:D [face_mischief] Hurry up!

- The Imperial Ewok
  17. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    NYCitygurl: Cool teaser. Can't wait for the post!!

Thanks, and it will be along shortly.

LukesTheMan: I can't wait to see where you go with this, the teaser was killer! Look forward to more.

Welcome aboard, and thanks! As I said above, more soon.

Thrawn McEwok: [taps paw impatiently]

Should I consider that a gentle nudge? :p

Not really, nope...

First time for everything, or so they say.

Well, yeah... but I'd kinda noticed when Kohvrekhar and Basbakhan cropped up in Illusions and The Old Ways...

True, and thanks for the free advertising. :)

You've not enveigled Akh'lat in yet anywhere that I can see, though...

Need I bring up the dramatis disclaimer, again?

Hip... hip... hooray!
    Hip... hip... hooray!
    Hip... hip... hooray!

Happy now?

Getting there lol!

Hmm. I'm not sure whether to be offended, flattered, or confused...

I'd say equal parts of all three, just to be safe... :p

Aye, I remember now. Not what Ben said, but I do remember his voice being there... hmm... I guess this is to do with how far Luke, Mara and the Skycrawler have fallen into the Force at this point, and compared with the echo in TUF as a result of Luke's increasingly bizarre and tricksy perceptions...

I'd agree have to agree with that, mostly...

ALl of which can be nicely contrasted with Jacen's Neitzchean psychosis...

I'll deal with him soon enough, and I think you'll find it...interesting...

BTW: I'm not talking about the next post, not exactly. [face_devil]

Hmm... I'll let you let it slide, unless we get a chorus-line of high-kicking Fuzzy Blue Jedi...

Hmm, makes me think back to my love of the X-Men. A line of teleporting fuzzy blue Nightcrawler Jedi...could be interesting lol!

You do realise that there's a further opportunity for misdirection at times like this, I assume?

Is there? [face_thinking] [face_devil]

And, of course, I forgot to download it to the computer with a decent sound card earlier today...

At least you know where to find it now. :D

Hmm...

So, does that include some character surnames?

With all do respect, my friend, you're thinking small. [face_mischief] Not saying you're wrong, but I've got bigger plans... [face_devil] A hint of one such plan can be found in chapter one. ;)

Egoist!

*Threepio voice* From time to time. [face_laugh]

Uh-oh!

That's an appropriate reaction. 8-}

I never said you weren't!

True enough.

No - but why the Tenel Ka impersonation?

Call it a vice, and perhaps a not so subtle hint...

Yeah, I see it...

Thought you might.

So, what's that supposed to mean? You'll post now, or next week?!

This week, but you'll have to wait till next for chapter 3.

Hurry up!

*old Obi-Wan voice* Patience!
  18. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter 2
    The plot thickens

?Are you sure this is the right way, Ru?? Jacen questioned, his tone a clear indication of his skepticism.

?You asked me that five minutes ago, Solo, and the answer is still yes,? Ru replied sharply.

?I know, I know, but this doesn?t feel like the right way.?

?I don?t care how it feels; I only care about following the directions that I know to be accurate. And if you don?t feel like following along, that?s your business,? Ru snapped.

?Ok, ok, I was just saying...?

?I know what you were saying, and because we?re friends I?ll let it slide, this time.?

Much to Jacen Solo?s shock, an hour later the pair arrived at their destination. Ru took great satisfaction in Jacen?s somewhat stunned expression. It wasn?t often that one proved a Jedi, much less one of Jacen?s caliber, wrong. It was a moment to be savored, and Ru did just that. Ru?s constant and not so subtle reminders of his friend?s doubts caused Jacen to eventually cover his ears in protest. In no time, the pair found themselves in an ornate waiting room of sorts just outside the palace throne room.

?Your Highness, this is a true honor. We are so pleased that you?ve decided to except our invitation to meet with the Viceroy.? A blond haired attendant greeted Jacen as she emerged from behind a set of huge double doors that separated the throne and waiting rooms.

Jacen bowed, much to the attendants shock, then cleared this throat to speak. ?You really don?t have to call me that, you know. I?m hardly royalty. I?m not even part of the Jedi order officially, anymore.?

?I see,? she said in a slightly annoyed tone. ?Well then, allow me to introduce myself. I am Melanah Drea, advisor to Viceroy Perth Atar of New Alderaan. And, just to be clear, you are the son of Princess Leia Organa Solo and as such a member of the royal family. But I?m sure you were already quite aware of that fact, were you not??

?Yes, my mother explained that to all of her children long ago. But there was never any mention let alone discussion of our family having any future role in New Alderaan?s government.?

?The galaxy was far too unsettled during the decades of your childhood for those of Alderaanian heritage to worry about such things as the royal line. And of course the Yuuzhan Vong invasion once more pushed the issue further into the realm of unimportance, but things have calmed now. It is time for all Alderaanians to examine their culture, and how we might revitalize our way of life.

?I can respect that, but...?

?Please, let us speak no more of these things, now. There will be plenty of time for such debates when you meet with the Viceroy. For now, might I suggest that I show you to your rooms? You gentlemen must be tired after such a long journey from the Unknown Regions, and then your trip through the city??

?I would actually...? Jacen began, but Ru cut him off.

?That sounds like a splendid idea if ever I?ve heard one,? the Corellian replied smoothly.

Turning to face Ru, Melanah nodded as she prepared to speak. ?I?m sorry, Sir, but I?m afraid I wasn?t given the name of the man who would be arriving with his royal highness.?

Both Ru and Melanah ignored Jacen?s muffled groan at the words ?his royal highness.? ?Ru Baruba Kolzaar at your service, M'Lady.? Ru folded one arm across his stomach and the other behind his back as he bowed dramatically.

Before she could stop herself, a little giggle escaped Melanah?s lips at the sight of Ru?s courtly antics. In response to his bow, she pulled her skirt up slightly and curtsied. ?A pleasure to meet you, Ru Baruba Kolzaar. I hope your stay here on New Alderaan will prove enjoyable.?

Ru grinned at her. ?With such a lovely hostess, how could it not??

She nodded politely, a small smile on her face. ?If you gentlemen will excuse me for a moment, I?ll announce your arrival to the Viceroy and then I can take you to your quarters??

?That will be fine, Miss Drea. Please, don?t rush on our account- we?re in no hurry,? Jacen said, drawing Melanah?s a
  19. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can see that this story is going to be quite involved. So many things happening. Keep up the good work.
  20. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    RebelMom: I can see that this story is going to be quite involved. So many things happening. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! Yes, I'd say that 'quite involved' sums the plot of this story up fairly well. ;)
  21. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Another good post, JDH3 :) Ru seems like quite the charmer :p

Are all these old Imperials under Lumiya's command? Definitely has a great OT feel to it :DGood to see Daala's name mentioned. I hated the way they ended things with her in POT.

I like seeing the bounty hunter from your other fic too ;) Working for Sal-Solo.... that should be interesting :D

but why Traest Kre'fey?! :eek: :_|

Can't wait for more, this certainly looks like the beginning of a great epic!
  22. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    JD: Should I consider that a gentle nudge? :p

[face_mischief]

First time for everything, or so they say.

:mad: [face_mischief]

True, and thanks for the free advertising. :)

Hey, they're good 'fics! :D

Ghhk!

[face_banging_head_off_desk]

Getting there lol!

I'd say equal parts of all three, just to be safe... :p

:eek: [face_blush] [face_worried]

I'd agree have to agree with that, mostly...

Oh? [face_mischief]

BTW: I'm not talking about the next post, not exactly. [face_devil]

Heh. Have to read that one carefully, then... [face_mischief]

Hmm, makes me think back to my love of the X-Men. A line of teleporting fuzzy blue Nightcrawler Jedi...could be interesting lol!

*bamf!*

Is there? [face_thinking] [face_devil]

Aye... [face_mischief]

At least you know where to find it now. :D

Aye - thanks! :D

With all do respect, my friend, you're thinking small. [face_mischief] Not saying you're wrong, but I've got bigger plans... [face_devil] A hint of one such plan can be found in chapter one. ;)

Huh?! Hmm - unless it's to do with the dangers to Jaina, Jag and Leia, I must have missed it... [face_plain]

*Threepio voice* From time to time. [face_laugh]

:cool:

That's an appropriate reaction. 8-}

Hurry up, dammit! :D

True enough.

Hmm? :confused: [face_worried]

Thought you might.

[face_whistling]

This week, but you'll have to wait till next for chapter 3.

Gah! :p

*old Obi-Wan voice* Patience!

Grr!

Well, it's here now, I see... :D

As to the post - I like it! :D

Well, Jacen's ego is being assailed from all sides... interesting OCs. Everyone has an agenda here, don't they? [face_mischief]

Captain Teemish? Hmm - guess I have to read Perilous Days now, too... [face_mischief]

Doral Kordav? :D I take it that this isn't the same continuity as Illusions - or is it?! :eek: :D

And you shot Traest?!

There are wheels within wheels here, I suspect... :D

- The Imperial Ewok
  23. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    YodaKenobi: Another good post, JDH3 Ru seems like quite the charmer

Thanks. [face_blush] Yes, Ru is a piece of work, but he's no Han...

Are all these old Imperials under Lumiya's command? Definitely has a great OT feel to it Good to see Daala's name mentioned. I hated the way they ended things with her in POT.

Yep, Lumiya is pulling ALL the strings. Wow, thanks for the 'OT feel' comment. :eek: As for Daala, I figured she'd have to come out of hyperspace, eventually!

I like seeing the bounty hunter from your other fic too Working for Sal-Solo.... that should be interesting

That will probably be the last time anyone is happy to see Doral do anything. ;) Ah yes, Thrackan...

but why Traest Kre'fey?!

You'll see. [face-devil]

Can't wait for more, this certainly looks like the beginning of a great epic!

Thanks, and here's hoping.

Thrawn McEwok: Hey, they're good 'fics!

Aww shucks. [face_blush]

Ghhk!

[face_banging_head_off_desk]

Careful, I like my readers conscious lol!

Oh?

BTW: I'm not talking about the next post, not exactly.

Heh. Have to read that one carefully, then...

I wouldn't worry, it's his next appearance that is more crucial.

*bamf!*

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

At least you know where to find it now.

Aye - thanks!

Don't mention it. :)

With all do respect, my friend, you're thinking small. Not saying you're wrong, but I've got bigger plans... A hint of one such plan can be found in chapter one.

Huh?! Hmm - unless it's to do with the dangers to Jaina, Jag and Leia, I must have missed it...

It's in there, and it's fairly subtle. It's one little question raised by one line of dialogue. Okay, that didn't make total sense, but it will...

Hmm?

Got you curious, I see.

As to the post - I like it!

Woohoo! Thanks. :)

Well, Jacen's ego is being assailed from all sides... interesting OCs. Everyone has an agenda here, don't they?

Good observation about Jacen's ego... Glad you like the OC, they'll be playing some very interesting roles. This is the most OCs heavy story I've ever done, so it will be interesting for me as well. An agenda? Yes, and some have more than one.

Captain Teemish? Hmm - guess I have to read Perilous Days now, too...

Feel free! And don't forget to tell me what you think, if you do. ;) But, in all seriouness, you don't have to read it to understand this. However, Perilious Days will come up again, a few times. As will events fro my clone wars fic, "What I Know". <--Too lazy to get the link at the moment; it's in my profile.

Doral Kordav? I take it that this isn't the same continuity as Illusions - or is it?!

You're right, this isn't the same continuity. Actually this has basically made that story an Infinities tale, in my continuity.

And you shot Traest?!

Doral made me do it, honest!

There are wheels within wheels here, I suspect...

In a word, yes!! I'm tempted to post chapter three soon, as that is where some things get fleshed out a bit more. There's a lot of set-up in the early going, but the next chapter does begin to move some things forward... [face_devil]
  24. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Wow, Thrackan's going to be in this. Great post!! Poor Kre'fey!

NyC
  25. JDH3 Jedi Master

star 4
    NYCitygurl: Wow, Thrackan's going to be in this. Great post!! Poor Kre'fey!

Thanks! Yep, Thrackan is along for the ride, too. If that's a good thing or not... I know, poor Kre'fey, but it had to be someone...
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.