main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Sith Insurrection (Post-NJO: Skywalkers, Solos, Surprises) *UPDATED* 6/5 - Chapter 68

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was a wonderful post! I loved the Leia/Han/Jaina conversation, especally the Jaina/Jag part [face_love] The thing with the Moff is kinda creepy . . . and could start a war.

NYC

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Thrawn McEwok: Your insight serves you well..

Thank you, my Master. :p

{What about Thykarann?}

Consider it one of the few things from the GFFA that won't be appearing in this fic. *shakes head* I do believe you need to get out more, Thrawn. :p [face_laugh]

Great to see the Solo family back to 'normal' after the war! Then again, do I detect some difficult undercurrents?

Your insight serves you well... Just wait till you see Luke again...

Glad you liked Tenel Ka's... dare I call it an appearance? :confused: 8-}

The Balbri scene is brilliant - all the little clues that on first reading seem to make him just a cliche'd Imperial, that turn round to be nudges that he's Vaj.

[face_blush] Well, I did say that I live for misdirection... In light of the revelation concerning his duel roles, can you find the hint of what's to come from the first chapter? [face_devil]

BTW: Actually it's pretty well stated, and not a true hint... at least not anymore.

Is that still Fyor, or someone new?

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he from Commenor?

I like the way that the Alliance Senate is so emphatically just the same old Senate...

Sadly, some institutions never really change. The senate's rules, procedures, and members may change, but it's still the same basic bureaucracy.

Another great scene - why have we never seen a Dark Jedi Moff before!

Thanks! And I couldn't guess. :confused: Although, I wouldn't label Vaj as a Dark Jedi. He's purely an adept, nothing more. His abilities are more in line with Onimi, or at least my take on him. He uses the Force to push his will onto others, but he's no warrior. He has enough knowledge not to be shocked by Anakin Skywalker's spirit showing up, but his talents are fairly crude. However, that doesn't mean he's totally harmless in combat.

This is what TPM should have been like, my friend!

That's quite the compliment, and I thank you for it. [face_blush] :)

We're waiting...?

Really eagerly anticipating this!

Gotta finish this, and then I'm off to complete the update. :D I'd expect it late tonight or tommorow.

NYCitygurl: That was a wonderful post! I loved the Leia/Han/Jaina conversation, especally the Jaina/Jag part The thing with the Moff is kinda creepy . . . and could start a war.

Glad you liked the Solo's conversation, and good old J/J- poor Jag, though. He wasn't there to defend himself lol!

Creepy is a good word for Vaj! Yes, the threat of war is not a good thing, but there are worse things, at least in this fic...

3. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    There will be more to come... I've got species I'm looking forward to using, but not professions or names for them all yet. :p It's always the blasted details lol! Anyhow, not all those below are OCs, not that it matters. Enjoy! :D

Dramatis Personae Update:
    Tesar Sebatyne; Jedi Master (male Barabel)
    Maath Goran; Imperial General (male human)-OC
    Beeda the Hutt; Crimelord (male Hutt)
    Ral Komad; Tracker (male Sakiyan)-OC
    Shorbecca; Alliance General (male Wookie)-OC
    Maal Lah; Surpreme Commander (male Yuuzhan Vong)

JD.

4. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Nice addtions :) Tesar is great, and it will be interesting to see how a Yuuzhan Vong fits it.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    there are worse things, at least in this fic...

The evil sith lady and galactic peril aren't enough? Oy vey.

But hey, Hutts are always interesting ;)

NYC

6. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    YodaKenobi: Nice addtions Tesar is great, and it will be interesting to see how a Yuuzhan Vong fits it.

Thanks. Yes, I really like Tesar, too. I always thought that he and Anakin had the beginnings of a strong friendship in SBS.

Ah, I was wondering when someone was going to take note of all the Yuuzhan Vong in the DP.

NYCitygurl: The evil sith lady and galactic peril aren't enough? Oy vey.

Nope, not enough for me. [face_devil]

But hey, Hutts are always interesting

True enough, and I believe thus one will continue that trend.

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Teaser for Chapter Four:

The Yuuzhan Vong could also hear the approach of the other Jedi, and it annoyed him. ?Vua'sa,? he growled in barely passable basic. He then swiped his amphistaff at Uldir?s head, forcing him to dive out of the way. Without another word, the warrior darted into the shadows. The sound of Vua'sa escaping through one of the room?s larger windows was barely audible over the upset voices of the arriving Jedi.

JD.

8. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: My OC Sorga the Hutt has been replaced in the dramatis personae by Beeda the Hutt. For the record, Beeda is not an OC. A very minor change, but I figured I'd point it out for those of you who have already seen the update.

JD.

9. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    JD: Thank you, my Master. :p

[nods in quiet approval]

Consider it one of the few things from the GFFA that won't be appearing in this fic. *shakes head* I do believe you need to get out more, Thrawn. :p [face_laugh]

Hey! I resemble that remark! :eek: :mad: [face_laugh]

FYI, my first thought on reading your comments was "technical discussion of Wookie dialects? Wouldn't that be better in the one written with squiggly brackets? What's it called again?" - and it took me mere moments to find it using CUSWE...

Just an omnivorous reader with a mind for trivia, that's all.... [face_blush] [face_mischief]

Your insight serves you well...

Touché!

Just wait till you see Luke again...

:eek: [face_laugh] I have a real bad feeling about this! :D [face_laugh] [face_dancing]

Glad you liked Tenel Ka's... dare I call it an appearance? :confused: 8-}

Well, you didn't describe her physically... should we read something into that? [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

[face_blush] Well, I did say that I live for misdirection... In light of the revelation concerning his duel roles, can you find the hint of what's to come from the first chapter? [face_devil]

BTW: Actually it's pretty well stated, and not a true hint... at least not anymore.

Well, I picked up that Vaj might be meeting Leia in some sort of "official" capacity...
    "I trust you will be a most accommodating host, will you not?"

"Oh I most certainly will, Master. I am quite looking forward to having a woman of such esteem as my guest."
    ... but at the same time, I was guessing that, if it wasn't just a euphemism, this might be some sort of front or charade - certainly not that he'd turn out to be a bona fide Moff! :D

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he from Commenor?

Oh... yep. Someone obscure called Chelch Dravvad is the Senator for Corellia... [face_blush]

Sadly, some institutions never really change. The senate's rules, procedures, and members may change, but it's still the same basic bureaucracy.

True... [face_frustrated]

Thanks! And I couldn't guess. :confused: Although, I wouldn't label Vaj as a Dark Jedi. He's purely an adept, nothing more. His abilities are more in line with Onimi, or at least my take on him. He uses the Force to push his will onto others, but he's no warrior. He has enough knowledge not to be shocked by Anakin Skywalker's spirit showing up, but his talents are fairly crude. However, that doesn't mean he's totally harmless in combat.

Oh, sure. But it's just - a Force-sensitive Moff is just funky! :cool:

That's quite the compliment, and I thank you for it. [face_blush] :)

Up to a point, it depends on your opinion of the 'real' Prequels... :p

Gotta finish this, and then I'm off to complete the update. I'd expect it late tonight or tommorow.

And for once, you actually produced an update when you said you would! :D

There will be more to come... I've got species I'm looking forward to using, but not professions or names for them all yet. :p It's always the blasted details lol! Anyhow, not all those below are OCs, not that it matters. Enjoy! :D

:D :cool:

Dramatis Personae Update:
    Tesar Sebatyne; Jedi Master (male Barabel)

Yippee! :D

Maath Goran; Imperial General (male human)-OC

Why do I hear the Imperial March and the tramp of stormtrooper boots and AT-ATs on the march? [face_laugh] :cool:

Beeda the Hutt; Crimelord (male Hutt)

Not an OC, but so obscure he's not in the Unofficial Encyclopedia, or even Google!

Ral Komad; Tracker (male Sakiyan)-OC

Interesting...

Shorbecca; Alliance General (male Wookie)-OC

[Wookie roar!]

Maal Lah; Surpreme Commander (male Yuuzhan Vong)

Oh? Interesting... so where is he now, then? :cool:

The Yuuzhan Vong could also hear the approach of the other Jed

10. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Great story just caught up love the idea of the jedi and sith going at it again

11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Thrawn McEwok: [nods in quiet approval]

Whew, that was close! :p

Hey! I resemble that remark!

So do I! LOL

FYI, my first thought on reading your comments was "technical discussion of Wookie dialects? Wouldn't that be better in the one written with squiggly brackets? What's it called again?" - and it took me mere moments to find it using CUSWE...

Just an omnivorous reader with a mind for trivia, that's all....

Hey! I love trivia! But I?m still sticking with the TUF method. :p

Touché!

Me? *shrugs*

I have a real bad feeling about this!

Hmm, that seems like an appropriate reaction to me. I find it interesting that no one has inquired as to why Lumiya chose to target the people she has so far, and why she?s avoided others...

Well, you didn't describe her physically... should we read something into that?

Nope, not really. I just wanted her section to match her personal style, in a sense- effective and to the point.

Well, I picked up that Vaj might be meeting Leia in some sort of "official" capacity...

... but at the same time, I was guessing that, if it wasn't just a euphemism, this might be some sort of front or charade - certainly not that he'd turn out to be a bona fide Moff!

What is it they say about hiding things in plain sight? [face_devil]

Oh... yep. Someone obscure called Chelch Dravvad is the Senator for Corellia...

Wow! I out researched Thrawn?! :eek: Although, to be honest, the senator?s names were omitted as a time saving measure. There is going to be more than enough detail in this fic as it is, and a few omissions seemed an acceptable price to pay for moving the chapter along.

True...

Frustrating, isn?t it. :mad:

Oh, sure. But it's just - a Force-sensitive Moff is just funky!

I take it that you mean that in the best sense, not the unwashed pile of two month old laundry sense? :confused: :p

Up to a point, it depends on your opinion of the 'real' Prequels...

Considering that I stand firmly with those who don?t cringe at the thought of Vader saying ?Yippee? during his salad days, I?ll take it as a compliment. [face_laugh] :D

And for once, you actually produced an update when you said you would!

Speaking of resembling a remark. :mad: :p [face_laugh]

Yippee!

Another Tesar supporter! :D

Why do I hear the Imperial March and the tramp of stormtrooper boots and AT-ATs on the march?

[face_whistling]

Not an OC, but so obscure he's not in the Unofficial Encyclopedia, or even Google!

[face_devil] Don?t have the link handy at the moment, but he?s from the Wizards of the Coast website. He appears, kind of, in a free download role play mini-adventure set during any era one might choose. I?m not much for RPG, but they do have some handy info, and characters...

Interesting...

I think you?ll like him.

[Wookie roar!]

He does much more than he did in The Old Ways... Oh, and I think his background will prove most interesting... :D

Oh? Interesting... so where is he now, then?

You?ll see.

So, we now have Uldir (and presumably Klin-Fa), Vua'sa the Slayer, and perhaps another YV and some other Jedi...

Sounds reasonable enough to me.

How can someone say "Vua'sa" in Basic, though?

Carefully. [face_laugh] I believe the term you?re forgetting, Thrawn, is suspension of disbelief. ;)

Looking forward to this!

Good! Me, too! It means new reviews... :) [face_laugh]

sdhfs Great story just caught up love the idea of the jedi and sith going at it again

Thanks! I hope you continue to enjoy it, and welcome aboard.

12. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    AUTHOR NOTE: In an attempt to head off Thrawn, I know that a certain planetary description may not fit quite right. For the sake of this story, chalk it up to the healing powers of a large group of Jedi. I cite the Agricultural Corps of the Jedi of the old republic as an example of this. With that said, I?ll be quite now and let you read.

Chapter 4
    The creeping darkness

Klin-Fa Gi entered the simple room cautiously, her senses stretched to their limits. The room itself was fairly plain and sparsely furnished, yet surprisingly warm and inviting. Gray stones made up the walls and floor, and the lighting was generally soft. However, more powerful lights were located at the many tables and computer terminals scattered throughout. Wooden bookcases lined with holobooks, and another section devoted to bookchips filled half of the large space.

At present the lights were all off, and the room was lit entirely by moonlight that streamed in from the space?s many windows. She couldn?t feel anyone inside the archives, but she had heard something- she was sure of it. Her movements were fluid, and her hand strayed to the hilt of her lightsaber, but she made no move to unclip it from her belt. I know there is someone here, but I can?t detect them, she thought in frustration.

There was one logical explanation for why she couldn?t feel her prey, of course. But this was the Jedi Academy; there just couldn?t be a Yuuzhan Vong here. No, she decided, there were no Yuuzhan Vong on Ossus. There was another explanation for her inability to perceive the intruder, wasn?t there? She moved farther into the archives to where the shadows were deepest.

She had almost decided that it had simply been her imagination when she felt warm breath on the back of her neck. She spun around, igniting her lightsaber as she did, but it was for not. Her slash cut her attacker across the chest, but he didn?t so much as flinch. Instead, he seized her by the throat and lifted her off the ground. She stabbed him twice with her blade, but all she got was a sick smile in response. For a long moment, he simply watched her face contort in pain as she struggled to breathe. His amusement soon wore off; however, and he hurled her into a nearby bookcase. The case waffled briefly before crashing down on her prone form, its weight nearly crushing the life from her.

One blaster shot then a second scorched his back, but the Yuuzhan Vong barely noticed. Pain was his life, and having it inflicted to him was all but meaningless. He turned slowly to face his new enemy, and almost laughed at the sight.

Uldir Lochett stood several meters from the Yuuzhan Vong, blaster in hand. He couldn?t see past the warrior to where Klin-Fa Gi now lay, and that worried him more than anything. If she was hurt or worse... He couldn?t stand to think of the worse, not now. He fired twice more as the Yuuzhan Vong advanced on him, but his enemy remained unfazed. Where were the other Jedi when you needed them, he thought angrily. He watched as the warrior?s thick amphistaff uncoiled and hardened in his grasp. Behind him, he finally heard the voices of Klin-Fa?s fellow Jedi as they raced to the scene.

The Yuuzhan Vong could also hear the approach of the other Jedi, and it annoyed him. ?Vua'sa,? he growled in barely passable basic. He then swiped his amphistaff at Uldir?s head, forcing him to dive out of the way. Without another word, the warrior darted into the shadows. The sound of Vua'sa escaping through one of the room?s larger windows was barely audible over the upset voices of the arriving Jedi.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The tall grass brushed against the boots of the two men as they searched the academy?s grounds. Ossus? grasslands were bathed in pale moonlight, and the sight was truly breathtaking. On any other night the two Jedi would have taken great pleasure in a walk such as this, but not after the earlier invasion. A lone Yuuzhan Vong had broken into the Academy?s archives, and assaulted Klin-Fa

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    anakin Solo seems to be paralleling Anakin Skywalker so far - except he's not as willing to be Vader.

Like the reference to your other story. :) Poor Luke - he really needs that hug [:D]

14. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Great update! I liked Luke's violent reaction-I think he's due for one of those sometime. He's gotta be disheartened about a life full of violence...

15. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    RebelMom: anakin Solo seems to be paralleling Anakin Skywalker so far - except he's not as willing to be Vader.

Sounds about right to me. [face_devil]

Like the reference to your other story. Poor Luke - he really needs that hug [:)]

Thanks! Yes, poor Luke could use a hug, or, better yet, an extended vacation. :p

Suzuki_Akira: Great update! I liked Luke's violent reaction-I think he's due for one of those sometime. He's gotta be disheartened about a life full of violence...

Glad you liked it! Yes, decades of near constant battle would wear anyone down. Luke is getting older, no kidding, and all this saving the galaxy business began when he was just eighteen! It was bound to catch up with him, eventually. [face_devil]

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?It?s a creature of legend among the Yuuzhan Vong. According to their stories, the Vua'sa preceded the Warmasters as leaders of their armies. However, when a lone warrior finally bested the Vua'sa in battle...?

[face_mischief] ask Tsavong Lah.

?No, I don?t suppose it is,? Kyp said with a small smile on his face.

Why is he smiling [face_suspicious]

I see Anakin is on his way to the dark side [face_worried]

?I?d be flattered if you said me, but I know that?s not the case,? she said with amusement, hoping to lighten his somber mood.

:p

?A week?s rest here, a month or two to heal there, but no real peace,? he lamented. ?Snippets of the life my family should have enjoyed, but never has...? he trailed off, his head shaking.

Great insight into Luke's character :)

Luke jerked his hand from the side of his wife?s face. ?Between wars? Between events that could destroy the galaxy by plunging it back into darkness?!? His voice was loud, and tone harsher than Mara had ever heard it before this night.
    For the first time in her life, Mara flinched in genuine panic. Her husband?s outburst set her back on her heels, and her mind struggled to grasp what was happening. ?Luke, I didn?t,? she sputtered.

:eek: Luke!!!

Good post, JDH3. That last bit really has me wondering.... can't wait for you to reveal more :D

17. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    YodaKenobi: ask Tsavong Lah.

[face_laugh] True, very true.

Why is he smiling [face_suspicious]

Nah, no need to worry about it; Kyp?s a good egg. He?s just trying to keep Jorallen from getting too down in the mouth.

I see Anakin is on his way to the dark side

Well, he?s on his way somewhere; I?ll admit to that much. [face_whistling]

Great insight into Luke's character

Aww, shucks. [face_blush] Thanks for that.

Luke!!!

He was wound a bit tight, wasnt he. :(

Good post, JDH3. That last bit really has me wondering.... can't wait for you to reveal more

Thanks, and the last bit should have you wondering... No need for concern; all will be revealed in time... [face_mischief] [face_devil]

18. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Ooh! Very interesting complications developing.

A Dark Jedi Moff. Wasn't Jerec one in Dark Forces?

?Your mother is asking if Jag will like whatever you bought to wear for him when you see him next,? Han?s voice drifted up from below the floor?s grating. Before she could respond, he continued. ?You know Jag, don?t you? He?s that fighter pilot turned diplomat who spends more time in your bed than you do thanks to those crazy hours you work.?
    Han doesn't miss much does he? ;) I enjoyed the banter, too. It IS great to see the Solos as a family again.

Is Vaj Balbri a canon character? I don't remember him - not that that's anything new. ;) One thing's for sure, it looks like he'll eventually end up wishing he hadn't taken this particular course of action. :)

Yep - I'm enjoying the references to Perilious Days. You should post a link so that some of the others can read it. :)

Poor old Luke. Funnily enough - although I can sympathise with him - he sounded a little like the whingey teenage Luke for a minute. At least now he has Mara, who, let's face it, has suffered too.

Hmm - Anakin, I think, definitely has his own agenda. Which is good. :)

Really enjoyed both chapters. :)

19. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Tahi: Ooh! Very interesting complications developing.

I'm glad you think so- there would be no point otherwise. :) :p

A Dark Jedi Moff. Wasn't Jerec one in Dark Forces?

To be honest, I still can't figure out what he was lol! Everyone I have ever talked to always seems to have their own theory. *looks around for Thrawn* So, in short, he may well have been just that.

Han doesn't miss much does he? I enjoyed the banter, too. It IS great to see the Solos as a family again.

Count on Han to make the most blunt statement possible in that situation. :p Thanks, I wanted to show that the war is over- well, one war, anyway...

Is Vaj Balbri a canon character? I don't remember him - not that that's anything new. One thing's for sure, it looks like he'll eventually end up wishing he hadn't taken this particular course of action.

Nope, he is an OC of mine. I'd have to agree with your assement of his future. [face_devil]

Yep - I'm enjoying the references to Perilious Days. You should post a link so that some of the others can read it.

Oh, good! I was hoping people would like the tie in with PD. Yes, I meant to link it here for just that purpose, but I forgot. [face_blush] Typical lol! I'll get to it soon though. After all, this isn't the last time I'll be mentioning those events...

Poor old Luke. Funnily enough - although I can sympathise with him - he sounded a little like the whingey teenage Luke for a minute. At least now he has Mara, who, let's face it, has suffered too.

True, and that whiny element was intentional- glad you caught it. :D Yes, Mara has suffered quite a bit- something she started to point out to Luke before he blew up...

Hmm - Anakin, I think, definitely has his own agenda. Which is good.

Yes it is, for him... for others, though... I think people will be fairly :eek: when they see exactly where his path takes him. :D

Really enjoyed both chapters.

Yippee!! It's always good to hear that old friends are enjoying your work. :) Good luck with the grandbaby preparations!

20. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    JD: not got time to write a full reply right now, but I really like what you're doing here! :D

Brilliant! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

21. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Thrawn McEwok: JD: not got time to write a full reply right now, but I really like what you're doing here!

Brilliant!

Thanks! :D I'll be looking forward to that full reply. ;) I suspect it will prove most interesting lol!

22. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: For anyone who is curious, I'm posting a link to my story Perilious Days. While you don't have to read it to understand this story, it does tie directly to a number of things in this fic. That's really all you need to know, and so, with that said, I'll be quiet now. [face_laugh]

JD.

23. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
  24. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: Okay, I promised more dramtis personae additions and here they are. I've also provided links to appease Thrawn's curiosity. [face_mischief] Hope you enjoy.

To Zhagel; Dark Jedi (mutated-male Mon Calamari)-OC <---To pronounced Toe
    Andi Tolen; Bounty hunter/captain of the Desert Rat (female human)
    Humjo Brana; Compulsive gambler/thief (male albino cross-breed)-OC

Beeda the Hutt <---You will have to download it to see it.

Andi Tolen

25. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    upping this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.