main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Sith Insurrection (Post-NJO: Skywalkers, Solos, Surprises) *UPDATED* 6/5 - Chapter 68

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Cal Omas is taking things awfully calm....

Wonder who'll ultimately get Raskin.

Can Jacen "reach through time" like he did in DN: JK?

"Former capital"....

Balbri doesn't seem too concerned about Kir Kanos...

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Somethings just gonna come back and bite Balbri right in the ass. I can feel it :p

3. zxactol

zxactol Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    Hi. Nice chapter...but a little too short. I agree with one of your reviewers. Lumiya should be called Darth Lumiya. I wonder if a new war hero (not belonging to Skywaliker or Solo families) will emerge from this war?

Update Soon....like now!

4. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I am beginning to like Vaj Balbri, the whole ?Oh, oh, oh?did I slip and mention that? Whoopsie!? sequence made me smile. The irony is that if Pooja Naberrie hadn?t been so suspicious of Balbri and so quick to question his ?slips? then he?d have had more trouble getting the insinuations out.

I do think though that if Balbri is going to do more of this he needs Botox to paralyse his smile-muscles as manipulating Cal Omas and the other Senators is just too much fun for him to keep on avoiding a big sloppy happy grin.

Poor Leia.
    Anakin is back but he?s a tool of the Dark Lady of the Sith so her joy is tainted.
    Luke has messed things up and let Jaina find an excuse for her otherwise inexcusable actions.
    Han is not there to reassure her that she has been a good mother, and to point out that Jacen had exactly the same upbringing as Jaina so if Jaina wants to complain bitterly and continuously then that is a reflection on Jaina and not on her mother.

Liked Jacen?s calm attitude to yet another vision of death and destruction.

Wonder where they have moved the capital to.

Very interesting, and unexpected that Ru is an Imperial and actually a Major. Whether the fact he is an Imperial Officer makes him necessarily loyal to Balbri and Lumiya or if he is playing a double game (perhaps with Jacen?s knowledge) is another matter

5. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    The_Slilent_One: Poor Leia. I liked your comparison with what Padme felt and what leia feels now. It was a nice touch that added a bit of humanity to the characters.

Thanks a lot. :) I was hoping that would have an impact on people.

YodaKenobi: It can mean only one thing... invasion

Good catch. :D

Balbri is quite shrewd...

Gotta agree with that. [face_worried]

It might not be Lumiya who does...

True.

What the?! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How does this fit into everything? How is it even possible

[face_mischief] All will be revealed soon.

Good post, JD Knew Ru was up to something after the last post, but I never guess he'd be working with Balbri

Wait till the next post. ;)

Hope you get passed your writer's block. I know this fic is going to have a great ending

Thanks. I?m trying to work through it.

Pelranius: Cal Omas is taking things awfully calm....

So far, yes. [face_mischief]

Wonder who'll ultimately get Raskin.

You?ll find out soon.

Can Jacen "reach through time" like he did in DN: JK?

Yep.

"Former capital"....

I figured it was somewhere else since it was virtually destroyed in Remnant. Lumiya did most of the rebuilding on her own. It will be explained later, I promise.

Balbri doesn't seem too concerned about Kir Kanos...

Key word being ?seem.? ;)

Spike2002: Somethings just gonna come back and bite Balbri right in the ass. I can feel it

I certainly hope you?re right about that. [face_mischief]

zxactol: Hi. Nice chapter...but a little too short. I agree with one of your reviewers. Lumiya should be called Darth Lumiya. I wonder if a new war hero (not belonging to Skywaliker or Solo families) will emerge from this war?

Short is better than none though, right? Blame my writer?s block for the post length.

Personally, I?d call Lumiya whatever she asked, and not pressure her about titles. :p

Update Soon....like now!

Wednesday, I hope. [face_praying]

_JM_: I am beginning to like Vaj Balbri, the whole ?Oh, oh, oh?did I slip and mention that? Whoopsie!? sequence made me smile. The irony is that if Pooja Naberrie hadn?t been so suspicious of Balbri and so quick to question his ?slips? then he?d have had more trouble getting the insinuations out.

Good catch! Pooja did play right into Vaj?s hands, which I?m sure she?ll regret later.

I do think though that if Balbri is going to do more of this he needs Botox to paralyse his smile-muscles as manipulating Cal Omas and the other Senators is just too much fun for him to keep on avoiding a big sloppy happy grin.

True. He?s almost slipped a few times throughout the story, and he can?t afford to. Well, not unless he wants Lumiya to have his organs displayed over her mantle.

Poor Leia.
    Anakin is back but he?s a tool of the Dark Lady of the Sith so her joy is tainted.
    Luke has messed things up and let Jaina find an excuse for her otherwise inexcusable actions.
    Han is not there to reassure her that she has been a good mother, and to point out that Jacen had exactly the same upbringing as Jaina so if Jaina wants to complain bitterly and continuously then that is a reflection on Jaina and not on her mother.

Good points all. Leia has had one of the roughest times of anyone to this point, with no relief in sight. :( She?s about the only character who?s stayed sane the entire time, but she?s had to pay for it.

Liked Jacen?s calm attitude to yet another vision of death and destruction.

He?s growing use to them. Not sure that?s a good thing though, really.

Wonder where they have moved the capital to.

It will be mentioned next post, I think.

Very interesting, and unexpected that Ru is an Imperial and actually a Major. Whether the fact he is an Imperial Officer makes him necessarily loyal to Balbri and

6. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Very good, JD.

:_| Poor Leia!

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Draconarius: Very good, JD.

Thank you. :)

Poor Leia!

Yeah, I know. :(

8. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Message: Today's regularly scheduled post is going to be delayed. :( I apologize, but I have my reasons. There are only a handful of scenes left in this story, and I didn't work as hard as I have just to turn around and give my readers a weak ending to TSI. I wrote several drafts of this post, but, frankly, they're not up to my standards. You may not have to wait a whole other week, but I'm not going to force out something just for the sake of a deadline. You, my readers, have stuck around a long time, and I'm determined to give you the best story possible. I'll update as soon as humanly possible, and, again, I'm really sorry about the delay in posting.

JD.

9. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Take as much time as you need to be satisfied with it. The fact you want to make it as good as possible is appreciated.

10. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Yes, please, take as long as you need! Personally, I agree with you. It is better to wait and get out something really good than just put something of lower quality up.

11. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Don't worry about it, JD :) We all want the best ending for TSI, the deadlines are artificial. Good luck finishing your post and this excellent story :)

12. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    There is no deadline... there is only the POST.

We understand prefectly, and are willing to wait. (though I must warn you that unreasonable delays have unforseen consequences, if you get the hint...)

13. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    Okay, the last reply is a little old. I think this needs an up.

*prods fic to page 1*

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    _JM_: Take as much time as you need to be satisfied with it. The fact you want to make it as good as possible is appreciated.

Thank you. :) It means a lot that my readers understand that this delay is meant for thier benefit.

Draconarius: Yes, please, take as long as you need! Personally, I agree with you. It is better to wait and get out something really good than just put something of lower quality up.

Thanks for the support. :) I?ll try and have the new chapter up soon though.

YodaKenobi: Don't worry about it, JD We all want the best ending for TSI, the deadlines are artificial. Good luck finishing your post and this excellent story.

Thanks. :) I?m doing my best to get it done, but it?s not cooperating, at least not like I?d hoped. :mad:

Pelranius: There is no deadline... there is only the POST.

Well said.

We understand prefectly, and are willing to wait. (though I must warn you that unreasonable delays have unforseen consequences, if you get the hint...)

I do indeed.

Draconarius: Okay, the last reply is a little old. I think this needs an up.

*prods fic to page 1*

Thanks. I am working on the update, but, sadly, it?s slow going. However, I haven?t forgotten this; that I promise you.

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    On the catch up trail. :)
    Chapter 50 - Page 30

One Jedi was a small price to pay for victory, at least in her mind. Anakin had understood that during his final moments, and she strove to live up to the example heâ??d set during the Yuuzhan Vong war.
    Anakin lives on in his influence and example.

Enjoyed the moment when Rayk saves Risa. Good setup for some tension between those two.

"We canâ??t just stay here, Anakin. We have to help them," Tahiri protested gently as she walked up beside him. The sights, sounds, and smells of the escalating battle invaded her keen senses, and the warrior in her delighted in the sensations.
    Ooh - very nice. I really liked that bit.

"There is nothing more dangerous than the memory of a fallen hero," he replied.
    Interesting comment taking into account who made it.

Perhaps it was the war that had raged between Tahiri and Riina that made her all the more aware of just how much damage Lumiya could potentially inflict.
    Yep - good point. There's a lot Tahiri can contribute in terms of understanding

Heâ??s still so lost, she thought sadly. It wasnâ??t Darth Martel by her side, but it wasnâ??t exactly Anakin either. Unlike her, he wasnâ??t whole, wasnâ??t complete.
    Hmmm- interesting comment there. I get the feeling that Tahiri is instrumental in the sense that she exemplifies what Anakin can become. Is this going to be a case of "stronger than the sum of their parts"?

"What is it with him and women who are blue?" Tahiri muttered disgustedly.
    Why indeed? LOL

16. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
  17. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    *Sends up with a Force nudge* :-B

18. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Maybe a bit of a teaser would be in order, JD?

19. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Tahi: On the catch up trail.
    Chapter 50 - Page 30

:D

Enjoyed the moment when Rayk saves Risa. Good setup for some tension between those two.

I?m glad that came across well.

Ooh - very nice. I really liked that bit.

Thanks! :)

Interesting comment taking into account who made it.

My thoughts exactly.

Yep - good point. There's a lot Tahiri can contribute in terms of understanding

She?s seen her share of dark times, that?s for sure.

Hmmm- interesting comment there. I get the feeling that Tahiri is instrumental in the sense that she exemplifies what Anakin can become. Is this going to be a case of "stronger than the sum of their parts"?

Precisely. Good catch. :D

Why indeed? LOL

No clue. *innocent face* :p

Draconarius: UP!

Thanks. I?m still typing.

YodaKenobi: *Sends up with a Force nudge*

Fear not for the ?fic is NOT forgotten. ;) DRL has just been really tough on my creative juices of late. It is passing though, albeit not as fast as I had hoped.

Grand Admiral Wettengel: Maybe a bit of a teaser would be in order, JD?

That?s a good idea! Expect one soon. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

20. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
  21. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
  22. Draconarius

Feb 27, 2005
    UP AGAIN!

23. Draconarius