main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Sith Insurrection (Post-NJO: Skywalkers, Solos, Surprises) *UPDATED* 6/5 - Chapter 68

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: No Anakin and Tahiri in this post, but we?ll get back to them soon. I hope this post will have some redeeming qualities, though. [face_praying]

Chapter 63
    Attack of the pawns part 2

Standing behind Admiral Kre?fey and between Kyp and Jorallen, Luke waited stoically for the Ralroost to exit hyperspace. It had been a long, slow trip back from Bothsidal, and the frustration and anxiety among those onboard had been mounting steadily. It took every ounce of strength the Jedi aboard could muster to keep from being overcome by the crew?s wild emotions - adding to their already considerable fatigue.

?What do you think Chief Omas will do once he learns of Moff Balbri?s betrayal, and his association with the Sith?? Jorallen asked Luke.

?I?m not sure,? Luke admitted. ?The dark side clouds everything.? The frustration that rolled off Luke sent both Jorallen and Kyp back on their heels momentarily.

?Omas is a politician in every sense; he?ll do what he feels is best for the Alliance, not the Force,? Kyp said bitterly.

?Some Jedi would argue that those two things are one in the same,? Jorallen pointed out.

?Some Jedi still have much to learn about what it means to serve the will of the Force,? Kyp shot back.

?Enough,? Luke interrupted, though not harshly. ?We all feel it.?

Kyp and Jorallen looked at one another, a silent apology passing between them. They were friends, sharing essentially the same view on the Jedi?s role in galactic affairs. And both knew that their master was right about the source of their disagreement. Their petty debate was simply a manifestation of the deep sense of dread that all the Jedi aboard the Bothan cruiser had been feeling since leaving Bothsidal, nothing more. They could have just as easily been fighting over what color lightsaber blade was preferable. Unable to decipher what the Force was trying to tell them, all the Jedi had grown increasingly irritable of late.

All three Jedi tensed ever so slightly as the sound of Traest Kre?fey inhaling deeply touched their ears. It was a sign that they would arrive at Denon any second, with no clear idea what to expect -though each was hard pressed not to fear the worst.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Lowie stood beside Jacen in the Ralroost?s hangar bay, admiring the patch job he?d just completed on the hull of a damaged X-wing. Satisfied with his work, the young Wookie tossed his goggles away and stretched.

?Haven?t lost your touch, I see,? Jacen remarked, smiling up at his childhood friend.

[It was better back at the academy, when it was for fun, not out of necessity,] said Lowie, his voice full of sorrow.

?I know,? Jacen agreed, lightly patting Lowie on the chest.

[Any more visions?]

?More of the same, but nothing new,? Jacen lied.

[And all you see is war?]

?Destruction,? Jacen clarified.

[Nothing else?] Lowie sounded skeptical.

?Nothing,? Jacen answered, turning and walking away from his friend. ?We?ll be arriving at Denon any second,? he continued, changing the subject.

Suspicious, Lowie followed Jacen as he made his way across the hangar deck, no destination clear. His friend was hiding something, that much was obvious to Chewbacca?s nephew.

Distracted by the steady stream of visions he?d been receiving of late, Jacen bumped into Alema Rar halfway between the X-wing and edge of the hangar. To his considerable surprise, Alema seemed deep in thought herself.

?Watch where you?re going,? the Twi?lek mumbled irritably, not stopping to face him.

?Sorry,? Jacen said politely, still taken aback by Alema?s mood. ?What are you doing down here anyway? I figured you?d be off helping boost the crew?s...morale,? he quipped at her back.

Alema whirled around to face Jacen, her eyes blazing with anger. ?Watch it, you kriffing little...!?

?Whoa! Calm down, Alema! I didn?t mean anything by it. Really,? Jacen said quickly, raising his hands in front of him. ?You just seem so out of sorts.?

?Of course I?m out of sort

2. Lethar

Lethar Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2004
    The only thing Kyle Katarn knew was that if he failed to hold back his current foes, the Galactic Alliance would surely loose its leader.

And that would be a bad thing, currently? ;) Sorry. Had to speak my thought on it.

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I have to agree with that point. Let him die and let's get a stronger leader in there.

4. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Lethar: And that would be a bad thing, currently? Sorry. Had to speak my thought on it.

[face_laugh] No need for apologies - I fully expected people react like that. And I can?t say as I disagree. ;) But Jedi save lives, even Omas? - it?s what they do. *shrugs*

Spike2002: I have to agree with that point. Let him die and let's get a stronger leader in there.

You never know, I might just do that. Then again, I might not. [face_mischief]

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    ?Some Jedi still have much to learn about what it means to serve the will of the Force,? Kyp shot back.

=D= Go, Kyp!

Jacen bumped into Alema Rar halfway between the X-wing and edge of the hangar.

Not a bad person to "bump" into [face_mischief]

To his considerable surprise, Alema seemed deep in thought herself.

[face_laugh]

?Jacen Solo only thinking about himself - now there?s a real shocker,? the Twi?lek Jedi drawled.

*Covers mouth and laughs harder*

?If you think I?m letting you go out into that war zone without me, farmboy, you?re nuts,? said Mara, walking past her husband and into the landing craft.

Same ol' Mara ;)

The only thing Kyle Katarn knew was that if he failed to hold back his current foes, the Galactic Alliance would surely loose its leader.

That would really be a shame o_O

Exciting scene with Kyle and Corran? those two have always seemed very similar to me. I think I hear Kyle's voice when I read Corran :p

Outstanding posts, JD :D Can't wait to see what happens when Luke, Kyp, Mara, Jacen, and co. make it to Denon's surface and watch the battle unfold. Looks like we're getting to the climax. Great characterizations throughout this post. I loved the way Mirax came to Corran's rescue [face_dancing]

Post more soon :D :)

6. zxactol

zxactol Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2005
    Hi. N-I-C-E! me likes very much! Update SooN!

7. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    hmm things have gotten interesting since i was last here. keep up the good work.

8. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    YodaKenobi: Go, Kyp!

Agreed!

Not a bad person to "bump" into

[face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

I?m glad you liked it.

*Covers mouth and laughs harder*

:cool:

Same ol' Mara

That?s what I was hoping for. ;)

That would really be a shame

Oh yeah, I?m sure my readers would be heartbroken if Omas died at the hands of the Vong. :rolleyes:

Exciting scene with Kyle and Corran? those two have always seemed very similar to me. I think I hear Kyle's voice when I read Corran

I?m glad you liked that scene! It was rather fun to write a Jedi fight scene with them in it for a change.

Outstanding posts, JD Can't wait to see what happens when Luke, Kyp, Mara, Jacen, and co. make it to Denon's surface and watch the battle unfold. Looks like we're getting to the climax. Great characterizations throughout this post. I loved the way Mirax came to Corran's rescue

We are indeed getting close to the climax. [face_devil] And I?m happy you enjoyed Mirax?s last second save of Corran

Post more soon

Will do. :)

zxactol:

Hi. N-I-C-E! me likes very much! Update SooN!

I?m glad to know that! :D :D New update is already underway, and I expect to finish it soon. ;)

The_Slilent_One: hmm things have gotten interesting since i was last here. keep up the good work.

I?m glad you think so. :D I?ll do my best to keep the quality as high as possible as we move through the final chapters.

9. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_mischief]

Chapter 64
    Attack of the pawns part 3

Tahiri ducked and rolled away from two Vong amphistaffs, coming up behind a third warrior. The warrior was able to turn halfway before Tahiri?s blue blade freed his head from his shoulders. The two warriors who?s attacks she?d dodged previously charged her, but she was ready for them this time. Reaching out with the Force, she grabbed the lifeless body of a nearby Imperial, and sent it flying into the path of one warrior, knocking him down.

Feeling a control panel touch the small of her back, she smiled inwardly. With a smirk, Tahiri executed a Force-enhanced back-flip over the control panel, and waited. The enraged Vong still charging her made a desperate lunge to cut her down, his upper body landing prone on the control panel. The Vong had just enough time to glance up at Tahiri before her blade descended through his skull and into the panel bellow it, sending sparks flying in all directions.

Pulling her blade free, Tahiri twirled it in one hand as she looked to the remaining Vong warriors on the Widowmaker?s bridge. Cracking her neck, she launched herself at the other warriors. A blur of green, gold, and blue, Tahiri slashed her way through the Vong ranks, skillfully avoiding the captured Imperials in the process.

?Your legend dies now, Great One,? Dral Carr sneered, his amphistaff cracking against Anakin?s Sith blade.

Anakin shoved the Yuuzhan Vong commander back, ducked under a blow aimed for his head, then cracked the butt end of his lightsaber against Dral Carr?s scarred cheek. Carr grunted in pain, but recovered quickly. Anakin, however, was already into his next attack. A jumping front kick sent Carr reeling backwards, and gave Anakin the opening he needed. Two quick movements carved an X-shaped pattern onto the Vong?s Vonduun crab armor. Though successful, the attack wasn?t fatal - it wasn?t meant to be.

"Jeedai," Carr snarled in frustration.

Anakin smirked, then attacked again. Dral Carr?s amphistaff went limp as he whipped it at his enemy?s legs, but Anakin anticipated the move. A black boot landed on the slithering weapon, pinning it to the durasteel deck. Grinning, Anakin placed the edge of his blade against Carr?s cheek. Cocking his head slightly to one side, he jerked the blade down, cutting a deep gash from Carr?s ear to his chin. The Vong howled in pain, staggered by the vicious attack.

Anakin stepped back in a casual fashion, his blade held loosely at his side, despite the battle raging around him. ?It looks good on you,? he said of the scar he?d given Dral Carr.

?Infidel scum!? raged the Vong commander, charging again.

?Finish him, Anakin,? Tahiri yelled from the opposite side of the bridge.

Anakin blocked a strike meant for his knees, then spun away from Dral Carr. ?Who am I to refuse a lady,? he quipped.

Dral Carr attacked yet again, blinded by his rage. Anakin calmly sidestepped the attack, his red blade flashing brilliantly as Carr swept past him. The Vong screamed as Anakin?s blade removed both his hands at the wrists as he passed by. Overcome by the agony and shock of loosing his hands, Dral Carr fell to his knees.

A sadistic glint in his ice blue eyes, Anakin moved to stand before the fallen Carr. He placed the length of his blade against the commander's throat, slowly dragging it along the tender flesh. Dral Carr gurgled and the sickening smell of burnt flesh rose into the air as Anakin, with deliberate slowness, drew his blade across the Vong?s neck. When Dral Carr?s eyes finally rolled back into his head, Lumiya?s apprentice stopped. After a brief pause, Anakin swiftly finished the cut, slicing Carr?s head free from his body.

?Anakin!? Tahiri called out for a second time since the battle for control of the bridge had begun.

Anakin glanced over one shoulder and saw Tahiri being backed into a corner by the last two remaining Vong warriors. Locking h

10. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    JD: awesome, awesome stuff! :D :cool:

[Reply Goes Here!!]

- The Imperial Ewok

11. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Also awesome. Anakin was rather freaky with his premonitions thing, and Balbri actually was intimidating in his little scene there. All in all, agreed with the McEwok.

12. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Thrawn McEwok: JD: awesome, awesome stuff!

:D [face_dancing]

[Reply Goes Here!!]

I?ll keep an eye out for it.

Spike2002: Also awesome. Anakin was rather freaky with his premonitions thing, and Balbri actually was intimidating in his little scene there. All in all, agreed with the McEwok.

:) Freaky? Yep, that?s what I was looking for as far as Anakin went. And I?m very pleased that Balbri came off as intimidating. :cool:

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    First let me say how sorry I am to hear that Max died. Oh no - my heartfelt sympathy, JD. Such a loyal companion. May he rest in peace.

Chapter 60

Oh dear. Poor Han.

Ah - so Ru is a friend of Devis. And a double agent.

Damn those leaked news reports - they're always bad news. I like the name "Versian" for a reporter BTW. LOL Which version is the right versian?

Chapter 61

Attack of the pawns :D

Loved the Anakin-Tahiri dialogue. I hope he and Tahiri get to Pellaeon in time.

And oh no! Pellaeon! Gah!

Anakin noted the vicious manner in which Tahiri finished off the last of her five opponents, and he quirked an eyebrow when she faced him. "You?re angry?" He looked perplexed.
    Duh. You know for a Jedi, Anakin sometimes is really DUMB.

"You two know each other?" Tahiri asked, her gaze shifting between the two men.

"The gods destined that we would meet," Dral Carr answered cryptically.

"That clears things up," Tahiri drawled.

:D That was great.

Chapter 62.

Good move by Han to stun Jaina, and very in-character of him not to kill Lumiya.

Doubts were her ally, the source of much of her power. They were so easily created, yet so very difficult to banish. Even those with the most faithful hearts and sound minds were easy prey for the dark specter of doubt.

Doubt works against them, the Sith master mused. Doubt makes them nervous, makes them weak...makes them forgetful.

Clever woman, even though she's evil.

Like Bel Iblis, I hope he's wrong. But he's probably not.

Exciting build up - it's all go isn't it? :)

Chapter 63

"Sorry," Jacen said politely, still taken aback by Alema?s mood. "What are you doing down here anyway? I figured you?d be off helping boost the crew?s...morale," he quipped at her back.
    Oooh - Jacen! Watch your step, boyo, she's way out of your league. ;)

"What is it, Corran?" Kyle asked, as they began to search the nearby hallways and offices.

"He accused Mirax of treason, detains and investigates me, and now I?m trying to save his life," Corran said disbelievingly.

"Ain?t being a Jedi grand?" Kyle joked as they entered the senate chamber.

:D Sing hey for the life of a Jedi.

"I can?t leave you alone for a second, can I?" Corran?s savior questioned, standing above him.

"Mir-Mirax?" Corran forced out, the pain in his belly increasing.

"You have no idea how sloppy prison guards get when their planet is under attack," Mirax said lightly.

"How-how did you know where to find me?"

"You?re a Jedi and the capital is under attack, Corran. Where else would you be?"

Great dialogue between those two. I DO like old Corran, and Mirax is extremely cool.

Is it my imagination, or is it becoming a kind of fanfic convention to torture poor Corran? ;)

Chapter 64

"Finish him, Anakin," Tahiri yelled from the opposite side of the bridge.

Anakin blocked a strike meant for his knees, then spun away from Dral Carr. "Who am I to refuse a lady," he quipped.

Ooh dear, methinks maybe our favourite pair are becoming a leetle DARK.

Great dialogue though. And I liked Anakin's boomerang move with the lightsaber. He'll be bowling underarm next. [ducks barrage of vegemite jars from angry Aussies] ;)

"If the Vong aren?t tearing us apart enough on their own," Pellaeon snarled. "Battle stations! Order the rest of the fleet..."

"He?s here to rescue you," Anakin interrupted Pellaeon?s orders.

"He?s here to... What?

Ooh! Didn't expect that. But there again neither did Pellaeon. And I liked that little echo of ANH.

"There is another," Anakin stated in an eery voice. "His death will be my burial."
    Hmmm - that's a bit chilling. Anakin's scaring me, daddy!

On instinct, she reached for her belt, but her weapon was nowhere to be found. Turning in her seat, she saw the last thing she expected to see.

"Anakin?" Jai

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Tahi: First let me say how sorry I am to hear that Max died. Oh no - my heartfelt sympathy, JD. Such a loyal companion. May he rest in peace.

Thank you. That?s much appreciated. [:D]

Chapter 60

Oh dear. Poor Han.

Yeah, I know. :(

Ah - so Ru is a friend of Devis. And a double agent.

He is indeed.

Damn those leaked news reports - they're always bad news. I like the name "Versian" for a reporter BTW. LOL Which version is the right versian?

Yay! You caught my little in-joke. Nice catch. =D=

Chapter 61

Loved the Anakin-Tahiri dialogue. I hope he and Tahiri get to Pellaeon in time.

A/T banter is always fun to write.

And oh no! Pellaeon! Gah!

Yeah, not good.

Duh. You know for a Jedi, Anakin sometimes is really DUMB.

Tahiri would certainly agree with that statement.

That was great.

:D

Chapter 62.

Good move by Han to stun Jaina, and very in-character of him not to kill Lumiya.

Han?s a good guy, even when he wishes he wasn?t. ;)

Clever woman, even though she's evil.

That?s the worst thing about her.

Like Bel Iblis, I hope he's wrong. But he's probably not.

You?re right; he?s not.

Exciting build up - it's all go isn't it?

Thanks, and, yes, it is.

Chapter 63

Oooh - Jacen! Watch your step, boyo, she's way out of your league.

[face_laugh] Who does he think he is, Anakin?

Sing hey for the life of a Jedi.

[face_laugh]

Great dialogue between those two. I DO like old Corran, and Mirax is extremely cool.

I like Corran, when he?s not standing on his soapbox preaching to everyone. :rolleyes: Mirax, thankfully, remains his saving grace.

Is it my imagination, or is it becoming a kind of fanfic convention to torture poor Corran?

It might be at that. [face_thinking] I am still working off my anger at his behavior during TFP, and then his antics in the Dark Nest series.

Chapter 64

Ooh dear, methinks maybe our favourite pair are becoming a leetle DARK.

You?re not wrong. Tahiri is, after all, half-Yuuzhan Vong, and Anakin was trained as a Sith apprentice. It was meant to be a wee bit uncomfortable to read. ;)

Great dialogue though. And I liked Anakin's boomerang move with the lightsaber. He'll be bowling underarm next. [ducks barrage of vegemite jars from angry Aussies]

[face_laugh] Glad you liked Anakin?s boomerang saber technique - it seemed like a fun image when it popped into my head.

Ooh! Didn't expect that. But there again neither did Pellaeon. And I liked that little echo of ANH.

Surprising my readers is :cool:

Hmmm - that's a bit chilling. Anakin's scaring me, daddy!

*chuckles* Chilling is good.

Now that I definitely did not expect! Marvellous ending, JD. You've got me on the edge of my seat.

[face_dancing] :D [face_blush]

Just a reminder to readers that the Winter Fanfic Awards are in progress. This is a chance to give your favourite writers a pat on the back, so pop into the Awards thread and read what you have to do. I'll certainly be nominating this story. Join me, and JD's journey to the voting stage will be complete.

[face_laugh] Thank you, my friend. And good luck in the awards yourself!

Hey congrats for your nomination in Saga for Burning Hearts.

Thanks! It was unexpected, and a very pleasant surprise. :)

15. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    *bump*

16. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry I'm so late [face_blush]

Pulling her blade free, Tahiri twirled it in one hand as she looked to the remaining Vong warriors on the Widowmaker?s bridge. Cracking her neck, she launched herself at the other warriors.

Ha! Tahiri is :cool:

Loved this scene so much! :D

The Vong screamed as Anakin?s blade removed both his hands at the wrists as he passed by. Overcome by the agony and shock of loosing his hands, Dral Carr fell to his knees.

:eek:

This little fight with Anakin and Tahiri taking out the Vong is one of my favorite action scenes in this story [face_dancing]

?If you wish to draw breath beyond this day, you will never again speak our mistress? name with so little regard for the audience. Do I make myself clear?? Balbri?s tone had become hard and he fixed his piercing gaze on the young ensign, using the Force to grip the man?s windpipe.

?Ask him yourself, in five years time,? was Anakin?s cryptic reply.

o_O

?There is another,? Anakin stated in an eery voice. ?His death will be my burial.?

o_O o_O

The sudden sound of an all too familiar snap-hiss cleared the cobwebs from her brain in a fraction of a second. On instinct, she reached for her belt, but her weapon was nowhere to be found. Turning in her seat, she saw the last thing she expected to see.
    ?Anakin?? Jaina breathed, her eyes wide with shock.

What the heck is going on?! :eek:

Great post, JD :D Lots of mystery and some great action. Anakin was being very cryptic and sounding as though he was about to sacrifice himself or do something else needlessly brave (or "Anakin" if you prefer :p ). I'm worried about him [face_worried]

What does he want with Jaina? Did Tahiri go after him? Hurry up and post so I can find out! :D

17. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    YodaKenobi : Sorry I'm so late

Don?t worry about it. I knew you?d make it here eventually.

Ha! Tahiri is :cool:

Agreed!!

Loved this scene so much!

Yes! *pumps fist*

This little fight with Anakin and Tahiri taking out the Vong is one of my favorite action scenes in this story

:cool: [face_dancing] I?m rather proud of it myself, and wait till tonights post. ;)

I thought people might react like that.

o_O

[face_mischief]

o_O o_O

[face_devil]

What the heck is going on?!

You?ll see soon.

Great post, JD Lots of mystery and some great action. Anakin was being very cryptic and sounding as though he was about to sacrifice himself or do something else needlessly brave (or "Anakin" if you prefer ). I'm worried about him

Thank you! :D Worried about Anakin? I?m worried about everyone else.

What does he want with Jaina? Did Tahiri go after him? Hurry up and post so I can find out!

New post in a couple hours. ;) And who says the Anakin Jaina is seeing is the real Anakin?

18. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I?d just like to take a minute to thank those of you who nominated this story for the winter fanfic awards. Your support means a lot, and I thank you for it. [:D]

Author Note: Honestly, I can sum this post up in one word. What word? Answer: slugfest. [face_devil] [face_mischief] [face_devil]

Chapter 65
    Skywalker command

Though Yuuzhan Vong fire breathers were spread out across the city-planet, the bulk of the Vong forces were concentrated on area surrounding the senate rotunda. Of all the places on Denon?s surface, those few blocks were a war zone unparalleled on the rest of the planet. Hordes of Slayers spilled into their target area, intent on driving their amphistaffs through the very heart of the Galactic Alliance.

Down through the smoke filled atmosphere came a lone dropship, loaded to the brim with Jedi warriors. Luke Skywalker stood closest to the shuttle?s door, his lightsaber clutched in his gloved hand. Beside him, as always, stood Mara, her thoughts drifting to their son, Ben. Both parents knew Ben was still on the surface, and they tried desperately to purge their fear from their minds.

?The senate rotunda, Master Skywalker?? the dropship?s pilot, a middle aged Bothan, asked.

?Yes, Major,? Luke called back. The Grand Master?s face was a mask of determination, and his breaths were deep and even. Had there been someone with a holocorder there, the image of Luke Skywalker?s face in that moment would, undoubtedly, have ended up gracing the covers of holovid documentaries for decades.

?Perhaps it would be best if we split up?? Kyp suggested, stepping closer to Luke.

?The rotunda is where this battle will be decided, Kyp,? Luke answered with conviction. ?What we do once we get there, time will tell. But we stay together until then.?

?As you wish, Master,? Kyp relented, stepping away with a slight bow.

Inside the senate rotunda, Maal Lah approached a rectangular-shaped transparisteel window, stepping over the body of a slain senatorial aid. He paid the chestnut-furred Frozian no heed, roughly kicking aside the creature?s severed head on his way to his destination. Stopping in front of the window, the renegade Warmaster admired the view beyond. Denon was burning, his Slayers were flooding the streets, and he could practically taste all the blood his forces had spilled thus far. It was a glorious day to be a servant of the true gods.

Out of the corner of one eye, the heavily scarred and tattooed Lah caught sight of an object descending rapidly through the hazy atmosphere. His gaze shifted, settling on a single infidel craft racing towards the rotunda. More sacrifices with which to honor the gods, he thought, a malicious grin stretching his face.

Not five minutes passed before the Jedi?s dropship reached the rotunda, much to the relief of those inside. The pilot set the ship down amidst a mass of gathered Alliance soldiers under the command of general Shorbecca. The Wookie?s forces were having a rough go of things, but they were still fighting. Shorbecca?s relief upon seeing Luke and his fellow Jedi emerge from the dropship radiated through the Force as he approached the Jedi Grand Master.

[Kre?fey survived Bothsidal?] he asked, hopeful.

?Yes, but the rest of his fleet is gone,? Luke replied, loud enough to be heard above the roar of the battle.

[The queen mother?]

?Her flagship was the only other survivor, but she?s not with us,? Luke answered.

[One cruiser isn?t going to make much of a difference up there,] Shorbecca said.

?If we win this battle, the battle in space will swing in our favor as well,? Luke parried, not bothering to explain his reasoning.

Shorbecca just nodded, trusting the wisdom the galaxy?s most famous Jedi. [What can I do to help?]

?I?ll leave Alema, Kyp, Jorallen, and Lowbacca here at your disposal. The rest I?ll take with me into the rotunda,? Luke told the Wookie

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    *takes first reply*

Excellent post JD.

The carnage of the battle scenes, as well as the Wookiee general's reactions to it are described brilliantly, and the rampage through the rotunda is also brilliantly written.

Maal Lah on the other hand, is a lot more bloodthirsty than the NJO described him as being. Did something happen since we last saw him in Ylesia to turn him into his relative?

20. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Spike2002: *takes first reply*

Someone had to?

Excellent post JD.

Thank you. :D

The carnage of the battle scenes, as well as the Wookiee general's reactions to it are described brilliantly, and the rampage through the rotunda is also brilliantly written.

Those are quite the compliments. You?re too kind. [face_blush]

Maal Lah on the other hand, is a lot more bloodthirsty than the NJO described him as being. Did something happen since we last saw him in Ylesia to turn him into his relative?

Several things, actually. First, his people were defeated, and, in his eyes, disgraced. Second, he fell under the influence of the Sith, who worked hard to increase his rage and bloodlust. And third, he?s in the heat of the moment, which when added to what I?ve mentioned before, has thrown him farther off course.

Hope that explains Lah's OOC nature in this post. [face_praying]

21. CloneCommanderCody

CloneCommanderCody Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2006
    Great posts JDH3.

22. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    CloneCommanderCody: Great posts JDH3.

Thank you, and welcome. :)

23. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    JD: Honestly, I can sum this post up in one word. What word? Answer: slugfest.

Somehow, that makes me think it should involve Hutts with guitars... :p

But I'll settle for Wookiee claws and a Bothan... with a lightsaber! :D :p

[Reply goes here!!]

- The Imperial Ewok

24. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Thrawn McEwok: Somehow, that makes me think it should involve Hutts with guitars...

[face_laugh] It does sound like that, doesn?t it?

But I'll settle for Wookiee claws and a Bothan... with a lightsaber!

*wipes brow* That?s a relief. :p

[Reply goes here!!]

I?m looking forward to it. :D

25. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I'm kicking this up for people who haven't see it yet because the new post is nearly done. ;)

JD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.