main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Sith Insurrection (Post-NJO: Skywalkers, Solos, Surprises) *UPDATED* 6/5 - Chapter 68

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Honestly, I can sum this post up in one word. What word? Answer: slugfest.

My kind of word [face_love]

?What we do once we get there, time will tell. But we stay together until then.?

Gotta love Luke's strategizing o_O

Two more strikes came at him, but he blocked both with ease. Frustrated, the Slayer attacking him backed off for a moment, giving him an opening. Using the Force, he summersaulted over the Slayer. Landing gracefully at the warrior?s back, Jacen lopped off its head with one clean swipe.

All right, Jacen! [face_dancing]

?Can you handle things here by yourselves??

For her part, Mara just shot her husband an indignant glare.

[face_laugh]

Perfect! =D=

If you could sum up Luke and Mara in two lines, you've got it right there :D

That was a great chapter, JD :D Great action, suspense, tension? everything you want in the big end battle [face_dancing] I hope Luke can get to Kyle in time. Things don't look good for him [face_worried] I think Jacen should be able to handle Maal Lah (have I told you how much I love that name?) though? he does well against warmasters :p

Loved the interaction between the Jedi during the fight in the rotunda, and great visual descriptions of all the action.

Can't wait for more! :D =D=

2. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    YodaKenobi: My kind of word

:cool:

Gotta love Luke's strategizing

[face_laugh]

All right, Jacen!

*blinks* Did I read that right? :p

Perfect!

:D

If you could sum up Luke and Mara in two lines, you've got it right
    there

Yay! [face_dancing]

That was a great chapter, JD Great action, suspense, tension? everything you want in the big end battle I hope Luke can get to Kyle in time. Things don't look good for him I think Jacen should be able to handle Maal Lah (have I told you how much I love that name?) though? he does well against warmasters

Everything you want in a big end battle? Cool! :D :cool: Jacen does do well against warmasters, it?s true. How well he?ll do against a warmaster who?s been influenced by the Sith, time will tell. [face_mischief]

Loved the interaction between the Jedi during the fight in the rotunda, and great visual descriptions of all the action.

As you know by now, I worry about my big action posts so it?s quite nice to hear it came across well. Thank you! :)

Can't wait for more!

New post in a day or so. Been a bit tied up getting my excerpts ready.

3. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: Believe it or not, we?re actually only a handful of posts from the end of the story. :eek: With that said, I?ll shut up so you can read.

Chapter 66
    Back to normal, whatever that is

?Welcome aboard the Sanguinary, Grand Admiral, sir,? Vaj Balbri greeted Gilad Pellaeon warmly as the rightful leader of the Remnant disembarked from his shuttle. ?It is good to see you alive. And I?m happy that that shoulder wound is not keeping you down.?

Pellaeon shook his head, his mind feeling oddly clouded. ?Moff Balbri, it seems I am in your debt.? Pellaeon nearly choked on the statement, but forced himself to smile diplomatically regardless. ?And the shoulder is nothing; a minor scratch,? he lied.

?Not at all, sir,? Balbri was quick to argue with Pellaeon?s initial remark. ?I was simply doing my duty; what any loyal member of the Remnant would have done in my place.? Balbri decided now was not the time to press Pellaeon on the seriousness of his injury.

Pellaeon simply nodded. ?It will be good to get home. I have a number of issues which I would like to address as soon as possible.?

Balbri failed to cover a wince. ?It will be good to see back in command, sir. Things have not been the same in the Remnant without you to guide us.?

Pellaeon stepped closer to Balbri, placing a calloused hand on the Moff?s shoulder. ?You?re too kind,? he said, digging his fingers into Balbri?s shoulder. Balbri bit down on his lip until it bled. Releasing his vice-grip on the Moff?s shoulder, Pellaeon clamped him once on the upper arm, then walked away.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Gilad Pellaeon reached the Sanguinary?s bridge just in time to see a lone frigate make the jump to hyperspace. Curious, he turned to the Star Destroyer?s captain, who was standing nearby.

?Captain, what was that ship??

?Admiral??

?That frigate, Captain,? Pellaeon clarified, annoyed.

?I?m afraid I don?t know, sir. I believe it may have been part of a pirate fleet that we learned sometimes uses this system to hide in.?

?It was an Imperial design,? the Grand Admiral reminded the captain.

?Perhaps it was stolen, sir.?

?And where was it during the battle?? Pellaeon?s teeth clenched in frustration.

?Hiding on the far side of the planet would be my guess, Admiral. I assume they were waiting for an ideal time to jump out of the system; a time when there would be less risk of being interdicted? the captain reasoned.

?All very reasonable, Captain.?

?Thank you.?

?But I don?t buy it,? Pellaeon growled, marching from the bridge.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tahiri stood behind Anakin inside his quarters, her eyes narrowed. ?You wiped his mind, Anakin. Why??

Hands clasped behind his back, Anakin stared out his viewport at the blur of hyperspace. ?It was for his own good, Tahiri. The less he knows, the safer he?ll be.?

?And what about captain Yage and her crew? Will you wipe their memories as well??

?There is no need for that,? he answered.

Tahiri swallowed hard. ?And what-what about me, Anakin??

Anakin turned slowly, his gaze locking with Tahiri?s. With slow, deliberate steps he approached her, the mask of Darth Martel melting into a warm, tentative smile. Tahiri?s heart pounded in her chest as Anakin drew to a stop in front of her, his ice-blue eyes suddenly warm. Gently, he brushed the back of his hand across her soft cheek before leaning into her. Tahiri closed her eyes, leaning forward until their lips met. The kiss seemed to linger for an eternity, but, at last, they pulled apart.

Anakin smiled at Tahiri, and she willingly returned the gesture with one of her own. Anakin?s right hand again began to travel across Tahiri?s face, making its way up to where her three scars marked her forehead. Tahiri?s smile was one of contentment as Anakin lightly traced the marks left by the Yuuzhan Vong.

?I love you,? he breathed quietly, his hand moving to cover her forehead.

?I love you too, A

4. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *steals the first reply again*

So this is near the end is it JD? I assume there'll be a sequel then? :confused:

Chapter-wise, I thought that was great. Jaina is still dark sidey, despite getting out of Lumiya's influence, Han was great, Balbri is slimy, and Lumiya is just eeeeeeeeeevil.

:D

5. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    It's about time! (Jaina escaping and all)

But shouldn't Lumiya be smart enough to notice that Pellaeon's been tampered with?

6. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    JDH3: Author Note: Believe it or not, we?re actually only a handful of posts from the end of the story. :eek: With that said, I?ll shut up so you can read.

:eek: :D [face_dancing] :cool:

Chapter 66
    Back to normal, whatever that is

</Lumiya>"Commander Jax. Execute Chapter 66."

:p

[face_worried] I'm confused. Where does Pellaeon think he's been if he doesn't remember where he was? :p

But Pellaeon and Balbri? :D :D :D

When it comes down to it, "top dog" isn't just a funky turn of phrase. It's not just Saba's POV where the leadership of interstellar social units comes down to alpha-male/longfang authority...

*thinks about Noghri and the Empire*

Tahiri! :eek:

You do realise that you could probably read DN3 to allow her to know about Martel? I don't think you even need to Vaderify any "Anakin is dead" thoughts. But I'll check, if you want... ;)

And... hang on... you do realise that Lumiya isn't the only Sith out there who can teach Jacen a thing or two... right?

:eek:

Tarc! :eek:

*Ouch!*

I guess it doesn't matter if that was Tarc, Dab, a Slayer, a clone or some random extra...

?Everyone was deceived,? Jaina cut him off.

:p

I get vibes of "No-one was saved" in Eleanor Rigby there, for some reason...

Lumiya?s cold green eyes opened slowly as she came back to herself. Everything was transpiring according to her design; every piece was falling into its assigned place. The Jedi, the Alliance, her own minions; they were all playing their parts to perfection.

Is that her equivalent to Jedi Battle Meditation?

o_O Sith Political Machination? :p

?Good, very good,? praised Lumiya. ?And the task I assigned you while you were in transit?? The Dark Lady turned slowly to face the Mon Calamari dark Jedi.

?As you commanded, my Master,? To said by way of an answer.

Just what has the Dark Squid of the Sith pulled off?! :eek:

Facing her viewport once more, the Sith Master looked down at Bastion. There was no doubt now; no question as to the outcome. In due time, despite the Jedi?s best efforts, a new Sith order would rise to supplant the old. The dark side would indeed return to dominance, and the greatness of Darth Vader would be realized through the actions of his most devoted disciple.

:eek: I love that. The idea of her there, looking down over/out across the city. On one level, it's Vader's aims in a new playing field; political machinations rather than military manoeuvres, city lights rather than a sea of stars; on another level, it ties together the two main themes of Star Wars in a really, really funky way...

But, more simply, it's Imperial power, at the heart of the entire system, the opposite of Tatooine (which, of course, is where ANH opens). But it's also proprietorial. These are her people - her rules, for their protection. It's like Isard, and Palpatine...

... and a bit like Batman? [face_worried] :p

- The Imperial Ewok

7. CloneCommanderCody

CloneCommanderCody Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2006
    this could be one of the greatest fics ever made.

8. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    I believe it already is.

9. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Tahiri trailed off suddenly, darkness engulfing her.

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Believe it or not, we?re actually only a handful of posts from the end of the story.

That's sad, I've spent a significant portion of my life reading this fic now :( I feel like I'm losing a friend :_|

Looking forward to the climax though [face_dancing]

?It is good to see you alive. And I?m happy that that shoulder wound is not keeping you down.?

Yeah, I'm sure he's ecstatic :rolleyes:

Tahiri stood behind Anakin inside his quarters, her eyes narrowed. ?You wiped his mind, Anakin. Why??
    Hands clasped behind his back, Anakin stared out his viewport at the blur of hyperspace. ?It was for his own good, Tahiri. The less he knows, the safer he?ll be.?

Wha?! :eek:

Anakin turned slowly, his gaze locking with Tahiri?s. With slow, deliberate steps he approached her, the mask of Darth Martel melting into a warm, tentative smile. Tahiri?s heart pounded in her chest as Anakin drew to a stop in front of her, his ice-blue eyes suddenly warm. Gently, he brushed the back of his hand across her soft cheek before leaning into her. Tahiri closed her eyes, leaning forward until their lips met. The kiss seemed to linger for an eternity, but, at last, they pulled apart.
    Anakin smiled at Tahiri, and she willingly returned the gesture with one of her own. Anakin?s right hand again began to travel across Tahiri?s face, making its way up to where her three scars marked her forehead. Tahiri?s smile was one of contentment as Anakin lightly traced the marks left by the Yuuzhan Vong.
    ?I love you,? he breathed quietly, his hand moving to cover her forehead.
    ?I love you too, A...? Tahiri trailed off suddenly, darkness engulfing her.

I knew that was going to happen :p This scene was very troubling [face_worried]

?What the hell hit me?? he groaned, not yet fully recalling where he was.

[face_laugh]

I shouldn't find that funny, but I did :p

?Mer...? The unseen figure?s plea for mercy was cut short when Jaina viciously sliced their head free of their shoulders in one clean pass.

:eek: *stares in disbelief*

Jaina spat on the headless corpse lying at her feet,

Jaina! :eek:

?It was never Anakin, Dad. It was all a trick. Elaborate, yes. But in the end, it was nothing more than a clever deception.?

o_O What?

?Your agent was able to liberate me from my cell with ease, and getting off Denon proved to be no obstacle.?

Who was the agent? I can't remember if you showed that part...

In due time, despite the Jedi?s best efforts, a new Sith order would rise to supplant the old.

So Lumiya truly is against Omas?!

Great post, JD :D I am filled with questions and looking forward to the resolution to all this. Was the fake Anakin only seen when he attacked Jaina and Han on the shuttle? We got Anakin's POV other times... And how did she create him? Jaina's viciousness has me worried for her [face_worried]

Can't wait for more :)

11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Spike2002: *steals the first reply again*

Sneaky bugger, aren?t you? :p

So this is near the end is it JD? I assume there'll be a sequel then?

Absolutely there will be a sequel. And while you wait, you can always check out How the Sith Saved Solo and Bloodlines: Power Used, both of which tie to this story. ;)

Chapter-wise, I thought that was great. Jaina is still dark sidey, despite getting out of Lumiya's influence, Han was great, Balbri is slimy, and Lumiya is just eeeeeeeeeevil.

:cool: Jaina?s got an edge to her that, for better and worse, Lumiya just sharpened. Lumiya evil? *thinks* Yep, I?d have to agree with that. [face_mischief]

Pelranius: It's about time! (Jaina escaping and all)

True - she did take her sweet time.

But shouldn't Lumiya be smart enough to notice that Pellaeon's been tampered with?

She is. It?s not about keeping her from knowing about Pellaeon, it?s about keeping Pellaeon from asking questions Lumiya wouldn?t want asked. ;)

Thrawn McEwok: </Lumiya>"Commander Jax. Execute Chapter 66."

[face_laugh]

I'm confused. Where does Pellaeon think he's been if he doesn't remember where he was?

You?ll see.

But Pellaeon and Balbri?

[face_dancing]

When it comes down to it, "top dog" isn't just a funky turn of phrase. It's not just Saba's POV where the leadership of interstellar social units comes down to alpha-male/longfang authority...

True.

*thinks about Noghri and the Empire*

o_O

Tahiri!

[face_devil]

You do realise that you could probably read DN3 to allow her to know about Martel? I don't think you even need to Vaderify any "Anakin is dead" thoughts. But I'll check, if you want...

I?m a bit confused, and I do - want you to check, that is.

And... hang on... you do realise that Lumiya isn't the only Sith out there who can teach Jacen a thing or two... right?

After our IM chat, I do! :eek:

Tarc!

Maybe.

*Ouch!*

That?s no lie!

I guess it doesn't matter if that was Tarc, Dab, a Slayer, a clone or some random extra...

No, it doesn?t.

I get vibes of "No-one was saved" in Eleanor Rigby there, for some reason...

I still can?t believe you caught that nod. *shakes head* Well done! :D

Is that her equivalent to Jedi Battle Meditation?

Pretty much.

Sith Political Machination?

*nods*

Just what has the Dark Squid of the Sith pulled off?!

[face_laugh] You?ll see.

I love that. The idea of her there, looking down over/out across the city. On one level, it's Vader's aims in a new playing field; political machinations rather than military manoeuvres, city lights rather than a sea of stars; on another level, it ties together the two main themes of Star Wars in a really, really funky way...

I do try. [face_blush]

But, more simply, it's Imperial power, at the heart of the entire system, the opposite of Tatooine (which, of course, is where ANH opens). But it's also proprietorial. These are her people - her rules, for their protection. It's like Isard, and Palpatine...

Very, very true. :D

... and a bit like Batman?

You?re not wrong. ;)

CloneCommanderCody: this could be one of the greatest fics ever made.

[face_blush] How does one reply to that?!

Pelranius: I believe it already is.

[face_blush]

The_Slilent_One: :eek:

[face_devil]

YodaKenobi: That's sad, I've spent a significant portion of my life reading this fic now I feel like I'm losing a friend

It really has been going for a while now, hasn?t it. [face_thinking] When I said it was the most ambitious project I?d ever undertaken, I wasn?t kidding!

Looking forward to the climax though

Yay! [face_dancing]

Yeah

12. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    Great fic so far JDH3. Looking forward to more. Please pm when you post a new update. Hope it comes soon.

13. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Message: Sorry the new post is taking so long - just don't want to screw up the ending. It should be up within the week.

excellion_razor: Great fic so far JDH3. Looking forward to more. Please pm when you post a new update. Hope it comes soon.

Thanks, and welcome aboard! :D I'll be happy to PM you, and it shouldn't be long now.

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: My apologies for the long delay in getting this post up, but with so few chapters left, I wanted to get it just right. I?m still not certain I?ve accomplished that goal, but more time isn?t the answer. Thanks for your patience, and now to the post...

Chapter 67
    Breaking Point

With a powerful swing of his saber, Luke beheaded two of the elite Vong warriors in a single pass. Two down, three to go, the Jedi Grand Master mused. Not hesitating a bit, Luke rushed forward to aid the Bothan, Tresk, who was having something of a rough time with his current foe.

Crouched in the conference room?s far corner, Cal Omas could only watch as Luke, Kyle, and Tresk fought to protect him from the Slayers who were intent on seeing him dead. Though he?d come to question many things about the Jedi Order of late, he was nevertheless glad for their assistance at that moment. He would deal with his concerns about the Jedi at a later date, he decided logically.

Standing only two meters in front of Omas, Kyle locked his blade against the hardened amphistaff of a Slayer. His teeth clenched together as he struggled to shove the powerfully built warrior back. He was tired, though, and soon found himself being pushed backwards. Catching sight of a chair lying nearby, Kyle grabbed it with the Force and hurled it into the unsuspecting warrior. The Vong stumbled away a few steps, giving Kyle a chance to once more go on the offensive.

A flying sidekick caught the stunned Slayer at chest height, sending it crashing into the wall behind it. Before it could recover itself, Kyle delivered a roundhouse kick to the Vong's chin, dropping it to one knee and causing it to drop its amphistaff. Looking up, the Vong?s last sight was of Kyle?s blue blade descending towards its skull.

Across the room, Tresk landed hard on his backside, his saber flying from his grasp. Rolling to his left, he narrowly avoided the Slayer?s killing strike. He snapped a sidekick into the side of the Vong?s right knee, but the impact hardly seemed to bother the elite warrior. Another spearing blow came his way, and this time he rolled to his right. Gathering the Force around his legs, Tresk rolled back to a center position and kicked up with both legs into the Slayer?s chest. With the Force to aid him, the Bothan sent the Vong sailing away.

Springing back to his feet, Tresk called his saber back to him and leapt after the Slayer. Igniting his lightsaber in midair, he landed on the warrior?s chest, driving his blade through the Slayer?s throat. The Vong gurgled, its eyes rolled back in its head, and then it was still.

One to go, Tresk realized as he pulled his blade free.

Luke sighed in relief as he watched Tresk dispatch his adversary. He?d been on his way to assist, but the last of the Slayers had stepped into his path before could reach his fellow Jedi. Dodging a strike aimed for his torso, he slipped under the Slayer?s right arm to come up at its side. A quick cut later the Vong?s head fell free of its shoulders, ending the duel.

Luke deactivated his lightsaber. ?Is everyone all right??

Breathing hard, both Tresk and Kyle nodded to their master.

?Chief Omas?? Luke queried.

Omas stood up and brushed himself off. ?Thanks to your timely intervention, Master Skywalker,? he replied.

Luke frowned. ?Were it not for Corran and Kyle, Chief Omas, the arrival of Tresk and myself would have meant nothing. It is they who deserve your thanks,? he asserted. ?We were simply helping with the cleanup.?

?Very true, Master,? Tresk agreed.

?Of course,? said Omas, though he didn?t sound convinced. ?My apologies, Master Katarn. You did well.? He faced Luke again. ?I will, of course, express to my thanks to Master Horn when circumstances permit.?

?Of course,? Luke agreed, fighting to keep the irritation he felt from entering his voice.

?How is Corran?? Kyle asked.

?Not well, but Jacen is with him. I?m...? Luke trailed off.

?Master?? Tresk inquired.

Luke looked to Kyle and Tresk. ?You two stay with Chief Om

15. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [Grabs first reply and holds it hostage! :D :p [face_mischief]]

Great stuff! :cool: :D

- The Imperial Ewok

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *would've had the first reply but was on a surfing holiday and couldn't get to a computer*

Nice update JD. I hope they manage to overturn whatever brainwashing Maal Lah went through under Lumiya and turn him against the Sith Lady.

17. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
    "Luke blocked the first attack with ease, then quickly went on the offensive. His first four strikes all connected, cutting bloody paths along Lah?s arms and upper torso. The Vong Warmaster was driven back at a steady clip under the relentless onslaught of the Jedi Grand Master. From the word go, the battle was Luke?s to loose".

Just brilliant the way Luke took care of the Warmaster. You have out done yourself sir!

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Hooray, new post!!! [face_dancing]

?I will, of course, express to my thanks to Master Horn when circumstances permit.?

Yeah, sure he will :rolleyes:

Loved the fight with Kyle, Luke, and Tresk taking out the slayers :D

Her finger began to squeeze the trigger, but the Yuuzhan Vong?s forearm struck her in the face, knocking her unconscious.
    ?I will deal with you later,? he vowed, turning his attention back to Jacen.

He's going to pay for that [face_beatup]

:mad:

?I thought I?d give it a shot,? Jacen replied to Lah?s earlier question

[face_laugh]

Great line. I love to see Jacen kicking some butt and the confidence/wit reminds me of Han[face_dancing]

the Vong?s staff slipped past Jacen?s otherwise tight defenses. Jacen cried out as the amphistaff sliced deeply along his left side, just under his ribs. He crumpled to the floor, clutching his wounded side with his right hand.

Luke stood up straight and twirled his saber once with his gloved hand. ?Don?t make me destroy you,? he requested coolly.

He hit Mirax, just destroy him whether he makes you or not :mad:

Luke blocked the first attack with ease, then quickly went on the offensive. His first four strikes all connected, cutting bloody paths along Lah?s arms and upper torso. The Vong Warmaster was driven back at a steady clip under the relentless onslaught of the Jedi Grand Master. From the word go, the battle was Luke?s to loose.

Go, Luke! :D

Mara nodded. ?Makes sense.? She paused, frowning. ?Luke, about the way you finished that... I mean, what was that, at the end??
    Luke shrugged. ?Does it matter??
    ?No, I guess not. It just seemed... Well, it just didn?t seem like your style, that?s all.?
    ?Maybe you?re rubbing off on me,? he teased.

He just knocked him unconscious, right? Or is Mara referring to something else?

In his bunker deep below Denon?s surface, Cal Omas, too, received the news of Maal Lah?s capture. But, unlike the others who got the news, his relief was muted. Just because Denon had been saved, it didn?t mean the Alliance was out of danger, not yet at least. But that would change, he vowed. This insurrection by the Vong and their Peace Brigade allies had been a test, and he had passed. In time, he would see to it that the citizenry had a truly safe and secure society in which to live.

Perfect :D Very ominous note to end the post on. Great end to the battle on Denon but I have a feeling there's some more fighting to come ;)

Terrific post, JD =D= Great action all the way through. You certainly know how to write an exciting fic :D My favorite part was the Jacen/Lah/Luke fight. It was outstanding. Really liked Luke's idea of using the Warmaster as a symbol to get the Vong to surrender. Cal Omas is clearly up to no good :p I have a feeling you're not going to let us know what that is until the sequel though [face_mischief]

Can't wait for more :)

19. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Glad the Warmaster had some fun. Nice and clear how Maal Lah was ping-ponging Jacen around, can understand him being irritated with Jacen staying down as half the fun would be letting Jacen stagger back to his feet so he makes a better punch and kick bag.

Maal Lah reminded me a little of Grevious boasting about having been trained. Luke reminded me of his father a little with the ?Don?t make me destroy you.? Really enjoyed Luke defeating Maal Lah, sufficiently easy for him to show that the wound Jacen inflicted and the (minimal) exertion Maal Lah had undergone fighting Jacen was immaterial to the outcome.

Happy that Luke is fighting with such skill and focus. Worried what this shows about his state of mind, especially with Mara being concerned. Poor Mara, much of what she loves about Luke is his gentleness and goodness (his farmboy-ness) which helps her to balance her own assassin?s (secret agent, smuggler, killer) instincts. Not good for her to think she is making Luke be more like her considering what a problem it was for her to try to become more like Luke and less like the Emperor?s Hand.

Liked Shorbecca?s faith in Luke.

Last paragraph was worrying. Cal Omas is still a moron but now he?s an autocratic moron. To quote Palpatine (in the TIE Fighter intro sequence) ?Soon Peace and Order will be restored throughout the Galaxy!?

20. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Love it more

21. LostJedi26

LostJedi26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2006
    Wow! I found this one on the A/T thread, and was hooked by the first chapter! ;) -face_happy]

Now I'm going to read read read! And play major catchup! Just... not all tonight :p

I'll write more when I've read more. Good work, and keep writing! Can't wait to see how this one pans out.
    What's the sequel to this one again? Anywhere where I can find its link?

*goes off to read*

22. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Message: I know, I'm a horrible author for making you all wait so long for the next post. I just wanted to let you all know that it is in the works. I'm being overly cautious since it is so near to the end of the story, but it will be up soon. I also just got back from a mini-vacation that cut into my writing time. Anyway, my apologies for the delay, and I thank you for your patience. That is, of course, assuming you're still around. [face_worried] [face_praying]

JD.

23. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    np JD, i'll take quality over quantity ne day of the week

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    No worries, JD :D We all want you to write the best ending possible, and if that takes more time, so be it. At the same time, I am very excited to see what you come up with [face_dancing]

25. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    The_Slilent_One: np JD, i'll take quality over quantity ne day of the week

I do my best to provide quality. New post should, at last, be ready soon.

YodaKenobi: No worries, JD We all want you to write the best ending possible, and if that takes more time, so be it. At the same time, I am very excited to see what you come up with

Thank you for understanding. :) The new post will, with any luck, be ready soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.