main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Sith Insurrection (Post-NJO: Skywalkers, Solos, Surprises) *UPDATED* 6/5 - Chapter 68

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: Yes, it really is an update! :eek: This is not the last post, but we?re getting closer, inch by inch, as it were. There?s a lot of stuff to clear up, a few things that will be muddied up [face_mischief], and quite a few characters? fates to reveal before we?re all done, so, with that in mind, read on...

Chapter 68
    Denial

A week had passed since the Yuuzhan Vong renegades commanded by Maal Lah had struck at Denon, heart of the rebuilding Galactic Alliance. An eery calm had settled over the still smoldering city-planet, and many facts about the conspiracy that had threatened to topple the Alliance had come to light. While the senate and most of the GA?s citizenry believed the explanations given, some among the elite were less willing to accept the conclusions that had been drawn by Cal Omas and his chief aids. There were things left unexplained... and no one seemed eager to address them.

Seated behind a brand new Roo-wood desk, Cal Omas greeted his visitors politely. He had summoned them in the hope of clearing the air, and, finally, putting the theories about the recent insurrection to rest. An open debate among some of the GA?s most prominent figures served no purpose, and, in his mind, would only slow the healing process. It had to stop, and thus he had called this meeting.

?I?m pleased to see that you could all make it here this morning,? Omas began politely. ?It is my intention to answer any questions you may have so that we might put this issue to rest.?

Dressed in the traditional brown robe of a Jedi, Luke Skywalker nodded, then spoke. ?The Jedi are pleased that you have granted us this forum in which to discuss our concerns, Chief Omas.?

Omas himself nodded. ?After you and your knights saved my life, Master Skywalker, it is the least I can do. Now, how may I be of service to the Jedi??

Luke leaned forward in his seat, his fingers interlacing. ?All of us gathered here are concerned that there was no mention made of Lumiya or the Sith in the government?s official report to the public,? he said seriously.

Omas drew a deep breath, then leaned back in his seat. ?The report to the public was based on fact, Master Skywalker, not unsubstantiated claims.?

?You think the Jedi would lie to you about something like that?? Kyp Durron asked, stunned and angry. ?Master Skywalker dueled her on Bothsidal, as did Tahiri on Naboo.?

Cal Omas raised his hands in defense. ?Please, Master Durron, I meant no such thing. This office is indeed satisfied that this woman, Lumiya, was involved in these events.?

?That?s good,? Han drawled from the back of the room. ?I?d hate to think I hallucinated that little dinner party Jaina and I were forced to attend,? he said sarcastically. Leia shot Han a pleading look, but the old smuggler ignored her.

Cal Omas? face hardened briefly, but was quickly replaced by the neutral expression of a seasoned politician. ?The only thing in doubt, ladies and gentlemen, is the depth of Lumiya?s involvement.?

?She was in it up to her neck,? Han muttered. ?Or is that too simple an answer for you??

?Han,? Leia begged, though her own irritation mirrored that of her husband.

?Perhaps,? Omas allowed, ?but there?s no proof of it.?

?Of course there?s proof,? Han snapped. ?Half the people in this room stood toe-to-toe with her, listening to her brag about how she planned to destroy the Alliance.? He waved his arms around the room excitedly, his anger evident.

?Yes,? Omas agreed, ?and they also heard her speak of an imminent attack, did they not?? He raised a graying eyebrow.

?That was just...?

?... Just Lumiya playing games, Captain?? Omas suggested for Han.

?Yeah,? Han agreed, albeit reluctantly.

?I understand what you?re driving at, Chief Omas,? Luke interjected, ?but, with all due respect, I must say that I think you?re mistaken. Lumiya?s threat of an imminent, large-scale attack may have been misdirection, but there is little doubt in the minds of those here about the depth of her involvement in this insurrection.?

Oma

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *still can't help but be suspicious of Cal Omas*

And who will turn out to be right in the end? Leia or Jaina? Leia was right about whether or not Jacen was alive...but will she be right a second time?

3. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Yess you updated!

4. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Sounds to me like there are some nice opportunities for investigative reporters here. If some among the elite are sure that Omas is not being honest, and may be insulted at the idea they are expected to be stupid enough to believe him, then there may be some nice ?off the record? comments available.

Palpatine had good reason to downplay any mention of the Sith in relation to the Clone Wars, I wonder what Omas?s reason is (though stupidity can be as powerful a reason for doing things as cleverness is).

Liked the Han / Omas interaction with Han taunting Omas and Omas trying to remain his political face.

Interesting that opinions on whether Anakin and Martel are the same are shifting.

Whether Omas is prepared to live with his decision is one thing, is he prepared to die with it?

5. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I meant to say...

:D ... awesome 'fic! :cool:

=D= Great update! [face_dancing]

Thank you!

- The Imperial Ewok

6. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Spike2002: *still can't help but be suspicious of Cal Omas*

I can see the wisdom in that. ;)

And who will turn out to be right in the end? Leia or Jaina? Leia was right about whether or not Jacen was alive...but will she be right a second time?

Time will tell. [face_whistling]

G__Anakin: Yess you updated!

I may be slow, but I?d never abandon my most impressive work. ;)

_JM_: Sounds to me like there are some nice opportunities for investigative reporters here. If some among the elite are sure that Omas is not being honest, and may be insulted at the idea they are expected to be stupid enough to believe him, then there may be some nice ?off the record? comments available.

That?s an excellent point, and something to keep in mind when thinking about Zethe Raskin... when she shows up again. ;)

Palpatine had good reason to downplay any mention of the Sith in relation to the Clone Wars, I wonder what Omas?s reason is (though stupidity can be as powerful a reason for doing things as cleverness is).

You?ll see. And don?t forget the meeting he had with a certain former royal guard...

Liked the Han / Omas interaction with Han taunting Omas and Omas trying to remain his political face.

Their interaction was especially fun to write. I?m pleased to hear you like dit. :cool:

Interesting that opinions on whether Anakin and Martel are the same are shifting.

I thought so, too! [face_devil]

Whether Omas is prepared to live with his decision is one thing, is he prepared to die with it?

Very good question. :D

7. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    I missed a review! [face_blush]

Thrawn McEwok: I meant to say...

... awesome 'fic!

Thank you, my friend! :D

Great update!

I?m glad you think so! :cool:

Thank you!

No, thank you. ;)

8. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Yes, it really is an update!

[face_dancing]

This is not the last post, but we?re getting closer, inch by inch, as it were. There?s a lot of stuff to clear up, a few things that will be muddied up , and quite a few characters? fates to reveal before we?re all done, so, with that in mind, read on...

*All ready psyched*

Sorry I'm late. I didn't see this :oops: I was actually going to bump the thread and found you updated :p A nice surprise for sure!

Do we have Betrayal to thank for this? [face_mischief]

?Jacen feels the Force was too clouded for him to be positive about what he witnessed on Bothsidal, and who he was fighting.?

Typical. [face_plain]

?Someone?? Han echoed, frustrated. ?Her name is Lumiya, kid.?
    ?Maybe.?
    All eyes went to the entrance to Omas? office as Jacen strode in, wearing traditional robes much like his uncle.

Interesting timing...

Sith conspiracies made for good tales for the Jedi archives, but, with Lumiya and her forces having vanished from sight, Cal Omas and his advisors dismissed such notions as Jedi paranoia, nothing more. It was, in the end, a decision the Chief of State was more than prepared to live with.

I wonder why o_O

Pretty mysterious post, JD, and I loved it :D We know Jaina didn't really kill Anakin since he was with Tahiri and those pirates, so I wonder where they are right now [face_thinking] And is it too obvious to say that Omas is definitely working with Lumiya? :p

Can't wait for more :) Terrific work!

9. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    oooh interesting.... Great post JD, worth waiting for

10. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    YodaKenobi: [face_dancing]

That?s a good start. :)

*All ready psyched*

I thought you might be. ;)

Sorry I'm late. I didn't see this I was actually going to bump the thread and found you updated A nice surprise for sure!

You?re late? Have you noticed how long it?s been since I posted? [face_blush]

Do we have Betrayal to thank for this?

Perhaps...

Typical.

Indeed!

Interesting timing...

Think so? [face_thinking] [face_mischief]

I wonder why

I don?t! But, then again, I am writing it. :p

Pretty mysterious post, JD, and I loved it We know Jaina didn't really kill Anakin since he was with Tahiri and those pirates, so I wonder where they are right now And is it too obvious to say that Omas is definitely working with Lumiya?

Mysterious is an excellent choice of words for this post. :D

Where are A/T, you ask? You?ll see... Oh boy will you see... [face_devil]

Omas working with Lumiya... Hmm... that?s not out of the question.

Can't wait for more Terrific work!

Thanks, and more is in the works! :) :D

The_Slilent_One: oooh interesting.... Great post JD, worth waiting for

I?m glad to hear it. I was worried I might have taken too long to update. :)

11. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    JDH3,I think your fic is better then some Star Wars novels.Your posts have great twists and surprises.Please post soon!

12. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
  13. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
  14. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Chapters 65-67

Hordes of Slayers spilled into their target area, intent on driving their amphistaffs through the very heart of the Galactic Alliance
    That is a fantastic metaphor.

Across the way, Tesar, who?d had his saber knocked away at some point, grinned broadly at Luke. ?Thisz meat is tough,? he stated, picking something out of his needle-like teeth before calling his saber back to him.

LOL ? great line. I also liked Kyle?s reaction to the Slayers ? they definitely don?t understand the Queensbury rules do they?

A flying sidekick caught the stunned Slayer at chest height, sending it crashing into the wall behind it. Before it could recover itself, Kyle delivered a roundhouse kick to the Vong's chin,
    Wow ? go, Kyle! Love that Chuck Norris move. ;)

Hmmm ? like Mara, I?m perturbed by Luke?s behaviour. Cal Omas is unsettling me, too. Great drama and uncertainty at this point. Excellent stuff.

And oh dear ? whatever is Martel/Anakin up to!

Chapter 38

Oh boy! I really want to slap Omas with a large wet trout. What an aggravating parsimonious old fart!

But what a great chapter! ;) Love all the tension. You write Omas as a most interesting character. I really think he's hiding something.

Great work, JD.

15. excellion_razor

excellion_razor Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2006
  16. excellion_razor

Feb 13, 2006
    Any plans to post soon. It has been several months since your last post. PLEASE post sometime soon.

17. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    The simple answer is yes. DRL made things really complicated over the past few months, but I am finally in a place where I can devote proper attention to finishing this epic tale. I've had some time to write before this, but not enough to do an ending I would have been proud of after all the work I've put into this beast. Anyhow, I can promise that this story will have an ending.

JD.

18. Trayus

Trayus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2006
    Well I've disliked having to wait... but I am happy to hear you take such pride in your work as to craft it well. Being something of a writer myself, I can understand your feelings. I'll eagerly await the next installment of The Sith Insurrection, whenever it comes.

19. excellion_razor

Feb 13, 2006
    Good, I am glad to here that there will be an ending. I look forward to the next post whenever that may be.

20. Dark_Lord_Jax

Dark_Lord_Jax Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2002
    Hmm... Is this story ever going to be revived?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.