main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Sith Maiden - Volume Three of the Gessa Saga - Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Casper_Knightshade, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    (I can't pass this up!)

Well, depends on what the respective masters are hungry for ... [face_devil]

[ot]Yoda and his evil stew in ESB. Eowyn and her evil stew in TTT. What is it about evil stew? ;) [/ot]

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    I think it all has to do with irony; stewing over stew. ;)

Gee whiz, I.....honestly don't know how this all came about. It's like Seinfeld! [face_laugh]

---------------------------------------

The supper, like so many, was a long and enjoyable event, decorated and headlined by the homemade and homegrown meal spread out before the masses. The quantity and the quality would have been considered to some in the Core Worlds to be on a festive level, too much for an evening dinner even at home, even a family of this size. Here on a planet that gave no guarantees for survival one ate when they could and as much as they could, for starvation could begin on the next day; there were no Republic technological countermeasures to prevent drought or famine or pestilence; like any colony with no modern benefits everyday was a roll of the dice, letting fate decide. Or in this case faith as Orion lead his family and guest in prayer, thanking their Savior for giving them the means to have such a meal and for helping Yoda find his way to their home safe and in one piece. Yoda, though, never saw that fear in the family's faces; they made and ate all that they could because through their hard work it was their just reward. This was the extent of their wealth, and they were contently happy with their full bellies; millionaires with bank accounts in their tummies.

Yoda learned that first hand too at this meal; by custom under the Path the first time guest at a dinner table had his or her plate made up by the host family; each member took measure of the guest and applied what they felt the guest could eat. It took no time at all for him to develop a belly the same size as the hump on his back, and when he left the table he could have sworn the two round areas of his body acted as balancers and helped him stand straight up for the first time in ages. He joined Orion outside in the dark on the porch, and both males sat awhile in silence to 'let things settle'. Cassiopeia and the other children tended to the mess inside, and afterwards the two of them could hear the mother talking to the children in their rooms; reading to them and preparing them for bed. She would later set up a place for Yoda to sleep.

The two men engaged in small talk at first, simple questions about minute things like if anything had changed from when Orion was a soldier; he was sad to hear that Nadja Moranna had died and yes he named his youngest after her. Another: Orion had married Cassiopeia when he returned home from the Mid Rim Conflicts; twenty years old the both of them at the time, now they were both thirty.

Yoda let him eventually do all the talking to get him in a chatty mood; to establish a trust more than anything else, but it was a proven fact that the more one talked in any circumstance the more one wanted to talk no matter how embarrassing the subject matter or the implied taboo. A person that was drunk had looser lips, but Yoda didn't need to go that far nor use Affect Mind to get the information he wanted. This was the best approach when it came to Potential interviews of the parents; to lead them into the round of questions by asking a related question towards what they were talking about.

In this case, Orion was talking about the field and storage work. "?and finally Rigel and I got the melons stored in the winter cases. Lot of work for one man to do by himself. Especially hard in my condition if you haven't noticed." He lifted both his pant legs to reveal two different states of disability at least upon visual revelation from the knees down; both were artificial, the right leg more mechanically droid-like than the less damaged left leg; the left foot and calf more complete and the steel ending at the knee, while the right continued upward and inside. It was clear to Yoda too that they weren't working properly; such artificial appendages needed yearly maintenance. Orion, though, had admitted in the small talk that never wanted to leave Lone Star again, even if it meant he couldn't walk. "But I manage with a little help from Rigel."

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    And old Bantha Head enters the picture once more...

Interesting...

4. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Ty-gon: Life is a chain, of circulates of different sizes, intersecting at different points and often leaving something of note behind. But the one constant remains in the chain: it is all connected. :)

FORWARD!

5. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, of course it's all connected. We've already gotten from Nadja to Kevin Bacon, after all. :) It's just fascinating to see how intricately your plots weave through each other... just wait until you see the big pulpy mess my plots really are. ;)

6. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    ;)

Well if its thrown together like spaggetti then there's no problem. ;)

You're doing fine, Ty-gon.

7. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    mmmmm...spaghetti... :p

8. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    mmmmmmmmmmmmm, playdoh.........

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Mmmm, icing...

10. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    All seriousness aside...

I really liked how you had Yoda reflect on his decision to be a Jedi. Very touching :)

11. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....beeeeeeer. ;)

Jaxx: Thanks. I felt that if it couldn't be the obvious question and answer, than make it unique to Yoda himself. :)

Now where was I.....in the Matrix.... :eek:

--------------------------------------

The following day was designated as a family outing day; the males would take the day off from the fields and take females and their Jedi guest to the northern meadow clearing. The way Orion looked at it was a celebration of sorts to have such a famous guest, and it had been a while since the family had such a picnic. Also it just seemed best to have the other children preoccupied with activities while Cassiopeia could talk to Yoda with some levity of privacy. And finally for the Jedi Master to actually met Casper for the very first time.

There were times since his arrival at the Nightshade Farm Yoda could feel the child; the Force was with indeed strong within the baby. At such an age children exhibited instinctive curiosity, and unbeknownst to their little minds and the people around them it was the very first steps of Force usage. Like animals, sentient beings are born with certain gifts that they can loose grasp of when they age and do not use them. This was true with the Force, and either a Force sensitive goes cold dormant and cannot utilize the Force to its full potential, or worse yet have no control over it; the latter another reason why the Jedi sought out Potentials, for such beings could hurt themselves, and worse hurt others. They fall to the dark side and become a slave to its will. It could be argued that to seek such beings capable of using the Force was more about prevention than about revelation. Such prevention was proper for it did save lives.

During the trip by cubba oxen-pulled wagon, Yoda talked to them all about Enothchild Sarch; just enough to put a smile on Orion's face and give everyone a 'see-I-told-you' look. As he spoke, Yoda would look at the white blanket that bundled the baby boy and held close to Cassiopeia's breasts. He would send a Force ping, a simple form of energy towards him during those short glances to test basic responding. The two month old would respond with a delighted whoop as the energy touched the joy centers of his mind; a conclusive sign that the child was Force sensitive, but also to see how he would react to the Force. There were other matters to consider, such as mental capacity; brain damage of any kind was a scary proposition for any Force sensitive, too much of risk with the threat of death to train such an individual. Unfair it would seem, but again Yoda had to consider the possibility to prevent tragedy.

They reached the northern meadow, filled with low in height green grass that covered the continuously rolling hills, and proceeded to eat right away on an old, checker blanket at the pre-designated camping site; they have been here many times and have come to this spot for major events since. Much of the feast was well worth not having breakfast as Orion cooked a large rib slab over the all ready handy fire pit and other cooked foods in a stone oven. They ate and talked small, avoiding much of the talk involving Casper. But the Force had to come up eventually, the littlest one Nadja no less asking Yoda about it. He explained.

They were confused. Rigel had a better grasp at it, but the girls didn't get it and overall they just felt their father was pulling their leg. Yoda just gave them a look that elicited a chuckle from them and said, "Hmmmmm. Doubters I sense here. Demonstration to quell such doubts in order. Yes. Yes indeed. Let's see." He stopped and looked towards Orion. "If I may be allowed to demonstrate."

Clearly he was asking him if it was okay given the religious implications; often viewed the Jedi as gods with their powers, and for some it bordered on heresy that mere entities could do what only the gods were supposed to do. Orion gave his wife a look, and after a moment he said, "Its okay. I've told them all about it before."

Yoda nodded, and proceeded to show off. First he had the children take t

12. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Wow, both thoser last pair of posts were very interesting to read for a great number of reasons...hmmm...lemme see if I can remember all those things....O_O

Well for one thing, I really liked how you've once again used the Path Religion to work in your stories. And in this post in particular, it's very intersting to see how the Jedi (or at least Yoda in particular) deal with religons, like Path in searching out their Jedi candidates. It's all incredibly facsinating...I wish I could put it into more profound words. but I'm still trying to grasp all the implications of it myself...

And the scene with the Kids and the marbles was great...and there's another Nadja, neh? Hmmmm...hehehe. ^_^

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks Rok!

I don't think everyone has this perception, but -- I've brought this up before -- there's this deal that as far as SW is concern in the movies and in most of the books the Jedi were the ONLY religion. It is probably because there's such a strong identity with the Jedi and the movies. And I think writers of the books are constrained by limitations, and therefore any introductions to different theologies are kept to one paragraph; exceptions being that it has a total affect on the plot.

To me that's really sad because here's a neat oppertunity for the writer to challenge himself/herself to bring forth a sorta new character dimension to the Star Wars universe. It don't have to be a whole book about it, but more than a chapter would suffice.

The Path is something I had to create to justify a few things, such a culture and the way being act and so on, and to do so within and outside its perscribed limits. It's like some real religions where there are philosophical points of view within the scope of the religion itself, like Protestant and Catholic, but doing so to the near extreme point that when it comes to the Path Sects the religion is completely different; One Deity but different approaches to get to her. As you have all seen, a majority on Vhanba stuck strictly with the Path, while other beings adopted the philosophies. The Harmony of Masks was one of the first sects explored back in 'The Fading Light'. And here it's the Oracle of Circles. There is similiarity and there is difference.

But I have to admit that having such differences have helped me a lot when it comes to this stuff. Really because I haven't committed myself to one whole set of Path perimeters; I fear creativity flexibility issues. If I don't have room to move I could choke myself into a creative corner, so thus nothing is literally set in stone except Path Laws I have repeated on and on in the stories. Someday I'll actually sit down and write them all out: in my head I see like 21 different sects.

I think if location and culture are issues in which the Jedi are challenged by in recruitment, then surely religion or deep thought theology must at times become a problem. Of course I feel in my humble opinion because its me and how I write I just can't throw a religion together, put it up against Yoda, and say 'okay, challenge him'. Folks have a connection to their spirituality, no matter what it is, that runs so deep it just can't be artificial. Its a part of them to the point its not the third person it is who they are. It would be a disservice to the fictional characters as well as the fans of my stories if I just 'threw it up there and hope it sticks.'

Which brings up that point about the tough choices parents make when giving their child to the Jedi Order for training. It can't be a party. It can't be a matter of a simple choice, and if a Jedi does not ask that one question like in the previous post about who they are, where they come from and if being a Jedi is for them, then they too are artificial. Even in the case of the Halycon(sp?) line (the ancestors of Corran Horn) I don't believe for one second that the choice was that easy and that instant. Some rationale of some kind has to butt in and at times make the choice hard. And on top of that there's the emotions of the decision: perhaps folks are enough hard core to give up there kid, but there's got to be something in them that holds on to the baby blanket a little longer.

So both points are kind of intertwined, making for emotion at appropriate (sometimes inappropriate) times. Perhaps one or the other could be used as an excuse not to give the child up; as in Cassiopeia's case, her strong opinion that it wrong to not allow her son to marry; a pillar from the Path religion in step with building a better society and most importantly contributing to life itself.

And I thought Yoda playing marbles was just too damn cute to pass up. :)

--------------------------------------------

More tomorrow. And (sigh) [link=http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=472049&

14. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    The ride back to the home was subtle in conversation than it had been compared to the ride out to the picnic grounds. It had been a long day and long travel with slow going to and from, but Yoda figured that wasn't the whole reason for the silence. Cassiopeia was thinking and weighing everything he told her. Orion was waiting for her answer, his anxiety well hidden as he guided their wagon home. Yoda thought to speak out, for in the long run such feelings of fear -- it was not impatience -- would be sensed by his better half. In turn the feelings could easily be misconstrued by Cassiopeia two ways: either she sensed impatience and found herself forced to agree with her husband, or she sensed fear and assume that he changed his mind about giving up their son.

But Yoda resisted, just as he decided not to tell them how potentially important Casper was. He did feel that the boy was who he sought and it was important to acquire him. On the other hand his Jedi sensibilities as well as the Code reminded him that now was not the time for diligence for the situation throughout the galaxy was not pressing enough to have him 'force the issue'; force only a figurative word. He all ready had the both of them -- even if Orion didn't acknowledge it -- in difficult positions when it came to what was best for Casper. Each parent held their own positions of reluctance. To explain to them that their son could be placed in a very precarious position in the future in regards to the Enlightenments would most certainly make them turn him down.

The Nightshades were no fools: they knew Jedi Knights were at times in troubling situations where death hung in the air. As it was in every case that view changed when the Jedi was someone's son or daughter; it was no longer a stranger, it was someone they knew and loved dearly, basically put there by their very parents. One could acquaint it to a grown child enlisting in the military, but it was far off the mark since in that case said child made the decision; the only regret by the parent would be if they felt they didn't do enough to dissuade them not to go; the guilt if the child perished would be great but in the majority of cases minimal in length and scope. Here the parents were being asked to put their child literally on the vicious chopping block known as the galaxy. Whatever they may say or believe any parent would hold a tremendous amount of pain for a long time if they knew their Jedi child died.

So like anything in life it was only good to reflect on the positives of becoming a Jedi and not dwell on the possible negatives. This was all ready very daunting for the parents. To the point, telling them that Casper was a child of destiny filled with doom would force them into a much precarious position.

This went back to the 'could' thought that held Yoda's tongue. The Enlightenments have been wrong before. Countless Jedi have misinterpreted them. With those items and even with his own personal feelings Yoda was wise enough not to be so optimistic. He felt he was right, but he wouldn't be the first Jedi in history to be wrong. That was the evil deal when it came to the predicted future: all was not certain until the event happened.

If Yoda was wrong, then Casper would be a welcome addition to the Jedi Order. If he was right?then it was better for everyone that he was right; a troubling point in on itself since if he was right, a great many innocent people were going to die.

Therefore it was not best to say anymore than necessary, thus it kept the Nightshade's minds clear.

Sitting in the back with the children, Yoda allowed himself to fall into a half-trance to rest and to keep himself open to any questions directed towards him by the parents. The children were behaving for they were a tired enough to settle down and keep to themselves; they assumed he was praying, and thus religiously learned manners and respects prevented them from prying into his business.

In the mute solitude of his mind Yoda technically was not alone there. The Force was there; the Forc

15. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmmm... now how does the Rev fit into the grand scheme of things? Onus certainly made Hailstrom's life miserable, but he does seem to be good with his family... I guess it'll be Yoda that determines.

Oh, and the messenger came before they sailed from Caradhras? It's a good thing he got there before they found the monster in the water and found that they'd have to go through the dwarven-mine... ;)

16. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Oh yeah; they were about to do it too until a strange, child like fellow with big feet came running out, soon followed by three others like him, a short fat guy, three middle age men with one of them with a defect in his ears and an old fart. The little man who came out first with a ring around his neck stopped and basically said, "Don't go in there: it's dark!" :p [face_laugh]

17. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Hmm. Hmm.

I love the description of the good Reverend's resoluteness and will power as a wall. It's very apt. I hope Yoda doesn't get his feet hurt too much when he kicks against the wall.

Alas! What am I thinking? Poor Reverend. ;)

Wonderful interaction of Yoda and the Nightshade children. It's wonderful to see Yoda being such a people/children person. This facet of Yoda is really neat.

Good posts!

18. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    :D

FOCL, Casper. Gandalf as an old fart... lovely.

19. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Delight: Yeah, I can't imagine the little green bean being such a strict guy around kids. Really can't. ;)

Ty-gon: Well....sometimes Gandalf forgets and stews over things and can be cranky. And he's, what, hunderds of years old according to LOTR? He's a poster child. :p

A little more?

--------------------------------------------

"This is rather embarrassing."

It had been a good two minutes of walking along the tilled earth of the fields behind the cabin before Onus said anything; he and Yoda were alone, but apparently it wasn't enough confidential solitude for the man's taste.

"I just knew by leaving Lone Star Orion would change for the worse," continued Onus, grim in his expressions; sullen was his face and body posture, with hands clasped behind his back and taking slow, short strides to ensure that Yoda didn't have to hurry along with him. "And to go fight in a war that had absolutely nothing to do with us. Terrible. They made him a mindless killer trained in the art of deception."

"Such harsh words to describe One's son," said Yoda after a spell. Of course he never had children, but even the Jedi Master frowned at the lack of respectful restraint, of what is normally associated with a loving parent and their child; criticism yes, but not to the point where they are your sworn blood enemy.

Onus sighed and said, "So you understand the embarrassment."

Yoda eyed him and said dismissively. "I do not, for I do not know who is embarrassed, and why anyone would allow it to govern their life."

"Because unlike the Jedi, we of the Path embrace and understand our own emotions," Onus said flatly. "And the truth. Oh, the truth!" He stopped and looked down at Yoda. "Now that's something very much lacking here. Again, my Son was never a liar until he left this world. He never held the smallest things in confidence. I'm sure even you have sensed the deceit from him if what I've heard about the Jedi is true."

Yoda had met his eyes, sighed, and rested his small body against his walking stick. "Sensed I have a hiding of facts from Orion."

"And you're not offended? I know of Coruscant, and I know how far the center of the galaxy is from there to here."

"Offended I am not." He shook his small head, tucking back an errand lock of long, wispy white hair behind his long ear. "Come here I have for your grandson. Testing prompted me to come here. Confirmation of his sensitivity was the only truth I was interested in. Strong in the Force he is." Seeing that it didn't appear to matter to the reverend, Yoda added, "Know, I do, that you possessed such knowledge."

"I'm sorry," questioned Onus.

"Around the galaxy for eight hundred years I have been." There was no need to sugarcoat the truth since Onus was not inclined to do so in regards to his son but not in regards to himself. Honestly, Yoda disliked such beings and therefore had no guilt in showing them the error of their ways. "Fool I am not. If offense I take, it will be this insistence that you know of nothing, Reverend Nightshade."

There were a few moments of feet dragging the ground making all the sound. Then Onus chuckled a little and said in affirmation to Yoda's accusation, "As I said you don't beat the brush. I admire that, I do. Yes, I did know about the transmissions to your worshipping temple. I knew of every single one that was made, because I knew Orion would make them. All he talked about upon his return with everyone was the Jedi. Talk about the glory and riches of the rest of the universe, of the ribbons on his uniform. Talking it up with his artificial limbs profoundly obvious when one glared at his two different shoe sizes with his feet and the transparent sins found in those uniform ribbons for the murders he committed that stained his soul. His Life Circle, his faith, called for him to follow my lead and what did he do? He threw his faith away."

He shook his head. "Forgive me; I am straying too far away from your point." Breathing in and chasing away the frustration that threatened to dissolve his mental shields, he continue

20. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    According to the Silmarillion, he's a Maia, so he's as old as time itself. :)

And the Yoda/Onus interaction was nice. I like seeing Yoda displaying a little bit of attitude. He's certainly earned the right. :

Around the galaxy I have been for eight hundred years.

Dang straight. ;)

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Ty-gon: Ah! See! About Gandalf. ;)

And you know its just one of those dreams I have had being a SW fan: to have an established, well known character to really lay heavy fact. Yoda kinda did in ESB to Luke about training Jedi for 800 years, thus establishing himself as a leading authority on the subject of training.

But for once I wanted him to 'smack' someone with the knowledge. [face_devil]

Just a little more....

-------------------------------------------

Yoda softened and said, "Unfortunate the happenstance must have been. To lose so much admit I do I would not understand. However it was not his fault."

"No, not entirely. It was mine as well. I did nothing to stop him from leaving." He raised his tattooed right hand to stop Yoda from responding to that. "You are right about one thing. You do not understand. You do not understand our ways. You have no idea the powerful wrath from which our Grace can inflict on those who stray from the Flock. You are a Jedi, and nothing more than that. We who have surrendered our lives to Presence do know. Orion knows, and being a grown man and having grew up with Her in his life he knows better to go back on his word sworn on the very book Her scholars have written. Her wrath is tempered only by Her patience, but like all living things such patience has a limit. Tested it is when those who believe in Her do not heed her Written Words. Elapses when ignorance rules the minds.

"Whether or not you understand it doesn't matter." Onus' mood lightened up considerably after his brooding. "Casper is here, and my Son's soul is now free from Lore's bondage. As promised Casper will become my heir, and if I die too soon my subordinates will ensure that my family's Life Circle will continue with him as the Reverend of the Flock."

As expected from the shielding of his mind, Yoda knew Onus was all too sure and certain that his will would overrule everything else. He was dead certain now that Casper was going to replace him, and given the fact that a promise had been made to secure the child's allegiance to his religion it ended Yoda's mission; a rule born from the Jedi Code and followed very strictly, even by the likes of Yoda.

Onus Nightshade knew it. It was in his eyes. The man questioned Yoda carefully, measuring his words. "With your wisdom, and your compassion towards beings and their many forms of theological sovereignty, would you interfere what is considered spiritually right by your brethren?"

"Predicated answers there are to your question," Yoda conceded. "The Code does concede to the wishes of one's culture, if such culture demands one too much of their time from the Code. In short, in some of those situations I cannot interfere. It is best, for it affects training. In turn such affects can be damaging."

"And it's that fact alone that bothers me the most about this whole waste of your time," said Onus. "That is why I am embarrassed, that's the number one reason. When such things that are promised are thrown away like common tissue paper. It's like Orion is throwing away his life again. Only this time he wants to throw away Casper's life as well."

Onus began to walk back towards the house. "As his father and as his guide I can't let it happen. I have to be here to remind him how very much important it is to follow through on his promise. Again, I'm sorry he wasted your time."

Yoda followed assured the man, "It was my time to waste." They were 'circling the military base' as the old saying went; if he hadn't said something that affirmed he accepted the apology the old man would have just kept 'orbiting the star', a saying he heard Alluetia say back in the city. "Curious I am, if you pardon my asking?"

"Not at all, Master Jedi. What is it?"

"Allow first for me to explain. As you say shame and embarrassment has befallen your family due to Orion's lies. Treachery. Deceit."

"It has, unfortunately so." To both their surprise at that moment they were very close to the house. One of the understudies noted their return, and Onus gestured for him to prepare fo

22. Delight

Mar 25, 2001
    Poking holes in the good Reverend's arguments! Go Yoda, go!

Good posts.

23. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    Why indeed, I wonder?

I had a brain fart earlier, thinking Orion was the good reverend, not Onus. My bad. [face_blush]

Pretty heavy burden on the newborn, being shouldered with the responsibility of upholding the Nightshade family name in the Path's good light. Adding to that his Force potential and I see a messy family quarrel happening.

An excellent salvo of posts, Casper. Keep it up :D :D

24. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Delight: Yeah, I can't really think of Yoda as being one to stand there and not point weak arguments out. At least not in this case, and not from his point of view.

Whiskey: Yeah, its a deep quandary as you will see here.

Ah, don't worry about the brain fart: I remembered when I had brain farting.

(Turns towards T.V. camera and begins advertisement)And at first, other people thought I had a big, bloated head. You know,the physical manifestation of my ego? But then I realized after a search on Google that .... excessive pressure and gas build up does happen in the Human skull. On the outside it appears to be a bloated head. Then, suddenly, it happens.

Frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

That's right: the gas releases through the ears and nose and short term memory goes with it. Such a tramatic experience causes disillusionment, inner ear imbalance, and the sudden urge to eat nachoes.

Brain farting is a terrible condition, but a treatable one. And when I have one (Holds up bottle, reads it) I take BRAINO!

BRAINO! is a natural blend of poly-synthetic chemicals originally tested on sea monkeys to prevent feminine cramping, but when it failed in that market the makers of BRAINO!thought "Oh....what the hell!" and found success testing it during Dollar Beer night at Manny's Toothless and Broke Bar and Grill. They found success, as BRAINO! showed that it eliminated or reduced brain farting considerably.

BRAINO! is available without a prescription. Common side effects associated with BRAINO! include hair loss, the loss of the sense of taste, and weight gain. Some have suffered irritable bowel syndrome. Some have said to lose the ability to use vowels while speaking.

So try BRAINO! today. _th d_d. --- C-n t__! (I think he meant to say I did. YOu can too!) [face_laugh]

-----------------------------------------

Onus strides grew small, and finally he slowed to a stop. All Yoda could see was his back, but he finally -- FINALLY -- sensed something from him. His shields bulged out, caused by a strong set of emotions that tried to escape from within. Like memory mesh the bulge shrunk back deep within the vessel, and once again all was not readable.

He turned, and Onus' face was neutral. Yoda offered more to his point. "A long way you were by the sounds of things, yet your arrival here is perfect. In time you have come, tells me it does you have had knowledge of the transmissions before you admitted them to me. Reasonable it is to assume a message at any time you could have arranged through your contacts to be sent."

Yoda pointed his stick towards the understudy Geordie, who shied away from the attention, or merely because he wasn't sure what was going to come out of the stick. He was pointing to Onus' admitted contact. "A message you could have sent in order for me not to waste my time. You did not." He put his full weight on his stick. "So why did you not do it?"

There was a creeping silence after that as Yoda waited patiently for an answer he knew was not coming. He knew because he had seen arrogance many, many times before. Onus would not answer him, or if he did it wouldn't be a real answer; only a response measured in selfishness, pride, and fake pity.

In time, as Orion and Cassiopeia emerged from the house to watch the scene unfold, Onus finally smiled a little and said, "Now that's more of an accusation than a thought of curiosity, Master Jedi."

"Peace," remarked Yoda calmly. He eyed the situation all around and felt it was neither the time nor place to continue such bickering. He needed to talk to the parents. "I did not mean to make it sound so. Curious I was. Nothing more."

Onus looked at Yoda for a few more seconds, and then turned his gaze towards his son and daughter-in-law. Smiling, he said, "Pardon for my short stay. There is need of me back at my home; I stopped there before I came here, and it's in dire need of repair. After all, I should reside myself to being close to Casper as he grows, but you don't need me here to ta

25. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    EGO! EGO! EGO!

I WAS RIGHT! WOO HOO!!! :D :D

I KNEW that Onus' pride would be his downfall. He wanted to debate with Yoda in terms of philosophy and the like. Oh, man...ring the bell 'cause school's in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.