main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Sith Mandate, IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 8/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tatooinewizard, Jun 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Firstly: Disclaimer- Only George Lucas owns the rights to Star Wars.

Also: Summary- 140 years before Episode I. The Sith of this time seek vengeance upon those remaining of the Starkiller line. (Original characters).

With that done, enjoy...

The Sith Mandate

Darth Magnor opened his eyes to the darkness, allowing his indistinguishable dream to shatter into a million pieces, and he remained prostrate on the mattress, listening for whatever might have awakened him. The young Sith apprentice didn?t need to wait long, for suddenly his Master?s cold, haunting voice filled him. Lord Magnor, seek me out. I would talk with you. Darth Malisk?s icy feminine words had barely faded, and Magnor was out of bed, hastening his black robes on in the dark.

Within moments he was rapidly slithering through the halls of Malisk?s lair, toward her most private chamber. He felt excited somehow, he was barely twenty and he was going to receive his first major, solitary assignment. Not that he hadn?t felt that he?d deserved one before this, but he had said nothing to his Master, even though she always had been quite aware of what he was feeling.

Malisk had been?and still was?a stringent teacher of patience. Magnor couldn?t even begin to fathom how many times she had recounted the story of Darth Bane?s patience. How all foolishly impatient Sith had fought against each other, some dying in the vicious conflicts, the rest allowing the pathetic Jedi to trample them underfoot, except Bane, whose patience kept life and breath in the nearly decimated Order.

Patience is the cornerstone of the Sith, my apprentice, Malisk had often said, and perhaps she was right, but often Magnor had to fight for any semblance of patience at all.

And the Sith apprentice was so exhilarated now that such a thing seemed completely trivial. This assignment was going to be so immense and grand that he could hardly contain himself. It was a task that most Sith, even those that had existed a millennia ago, would have given everything to even attempt. It had nothing to do with the Jedi, unfortunately, but he would be performing acts of seething retribution, to avenge the deaths of many slaughtered Siths.

Magnor was pulled from his ecstatic musings the moment he reached the entrance to Malisk?s private chamber. He didn?t even need to pause, for the door slid open immediately, inviting him to step inside the coldness.

The room wasn?t altogether extravagant, but it was an odd place, one that could twist one?s soul into a void. The rounded walls were bleak, yet falsely shimmering. They were sinister holograms, which revealed Coruscant?s ever-stretching skyscape. Perhaps the depiction looked even more malformed because of the black flames that were contained in a scattering of a dozen, ancient clay pots.

The flames, though casting a demented glow onto the holographic walls, flickered even more weirdly over Malisk, who was sitting upon a marble throne in the center of the room. She looked ancient, even though her slender body was only middle-aged, and she was clad in black robes, her long, ebony hair acting as a cowl about her pallid face.

Magnor took one brief glance into his Master?s mystical gray eyes and he crumbled to his knees before her.

Malisk looked on at the kneeling apprentice for some time, just surveying him. He was quite handsome, muscular but thinly built, and he was a bit scarred; yet that did not detract from his appearance. Not that looks mattered. Magnor was adept and quite strong in the Dark Side of the Force despite his youth. He could well obey the mandate she was about to give him. He was perhaps even better suited for the task than she would have been. Of course Magnor was impatient, to a fault, but after nearly two decades of training he was beginning to learn the virtue of patience.

The Sith Master?s pale lips curved upward, her slight smile was one of self pride. She had indeed chosen well. Her apprentice would one day be revered as one of the most powerful members in the Order?s long history.

"Rise

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Ooooo. Ominous. Great start tw. :D

3. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Oh very dark tatooinewizard! [face_shocked].
    It's soooo chilling. I haven't read many fics that are written from the p.o.v of the Sith...but this is wicked! :cool: And I hope to see more! :D

Do keep it up...Darth Magnor sounds sooo mysterious and...hmmm... very interesting actually. ;)

Humaira

4. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Thanks for commenting, Spike. Glad you think it's good. This is part of the first scene of book II. I'll be writing this and I'll post as much as I can of it before I finish posting The Legend of Black Saber. I'm not sure when this is going start getting too revealing about book I. This one's way darker, maybe even the darkest out of all three.

And Humaira, thanks for coming by as well. The next post should come soon, but you heard what I was telling Spike. Glad you enjoyed. And personally I'm glad I'm finally getting to write Magnor as the Sith he was meant to be.

5. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    This is a good read i liked this alot it was well writen.

6. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Thanks for stopping by, DarthNeil. Hope I've got you interested enough to come back.

7. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Malisk's remembrance...

It was her fourteen birthday?and why, she wondered looking back, was the fourteenth birthday always so important? In this life she had met Master Varian at that exact same juncture?It had not been a grand day, not even a good day, and truth be told there had hardly been any good days while she?d been a youth on Tatooine.

At that point she had lived most of her life with Forb Greylen her great-uncle, just beyond the outskirts of a miniscule hole-in-the-sand settlement called Mos Eisley. That was far from an ideal existence because Old Forb, as he was called by the courteous, was mad. Well, that?s what everybody in Mos Eisley said and it was true that he was somewhat eccentric. Besides that he had powers, he could use the Force, but those on backwater Tatooine weren?t really fond of such ?wizards?.

Because of this Drusylline Malisk was often tormented by her peers and even sometimes by her elders, and so it was for good reason that she wasn?t very fond of traveling into Mos Eisley. Yet they, in this close-knit community, had found more to harass her about. Her mother had committed suicide, which had caused her father to become a good-for-nothing alcoholic (or was it the other way around?) Many liked to joke and gossip about that, commenting on how deranged and worthless both sides of her family were.

But those ignorant verbal taunts weren?t all she received for her misfortune. Sometimes young punks would find small pieces of scrap metal and hurl them at her. Malisk had obtained a few scars from those incidents, but the physical scars were nothing in comparison to the emotional ones, and for countless years she had wished she could have been anywhere in the galaxy but Tatooine.

Then the Starkiller arrived at her home.

Old Forb was sitting there quietly, using the Force to casually lift objects about. This was normal after-supper behavior for him, and Malisk was going to retire early, the twin suns had barely finished setting, when Old Forb stopped. His face became very disturbed, his skin almost took on a sickly grayish hue.

Suddenly a knock came at the side of the hut, and within a few seconds Avernus appeared in the doorway. He stood in the shadows but a moment, then he entered. Malisk was taken aback by his omnipotent presence and exceedingly handsome, dark looks.

The intruder gave Old Forb a stern, regal glare. "I am here for Drusylline Malisk."

"Why?" the old man questioned, somehow maintaining his strength.

"You do not need to know the answer, wizard."

Malisk?s guardian rose and approached the Starkiller, the old man only shuttering slightly. "I believe I do. How can I permit her to go with you if I don?t know why you want to take her. She is my charge after all."

Avernus pressed himself rather close to Old Forb, his black garments fluttering like bat?s wings. "She is no longer your charge, wizard. She is of age and she may leave you if she wishes," the Starkiller whispered, his tone was serpentine and soul shredding. "Besides you would not want to deny the mandate of a Jedi Knight, would you?"

The stranger?s sickening smile drilled into the old man?s chest, making him back away, his fear rising. "You are no Jedi." The Tatooine native?s voice shook uncontrollably as he spoke.

Avernus nodded. "I once was, but those days are long gone, and they don?t matter. I didn?t come here to talk of my past. I came her for Drusylline Malisk, and I intend to take her." Though still fearful Old Forb didn?t waver. "It is unwise to contest a Dark Lord of the Sith, wizard."

Malisk had never heard of the Sith before, but it was obvious her great-uncle had. He wanted to do something, anything, but he remained motionless like a salt pillar in the desert as Avernus stalked toward her. There was something about his powerful visage that attracted her to him; his darkness thrilled her, and a wild rush of energy coursed through her as he touched her face.

"You want to come with me, don?t you?" the Starkiller said quietly and she nodded. He smiled at her, seemingly l

8. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Very Evil, me like already!

9. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Of course it's evil. *I* wrote it. I'm glad you like it. It'll probably be awhile before I post more on this one, being that I've only written a paragraph and a half more than what's up here already.

10. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I await the next part of this amazing story.

11. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I'll try to update as soon as I can. You can try my other links while you wait.

12. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I well do that, how long have been writing for.

13. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    In general, Neil, or just fan fiction? Well, I'll answer both. I've been writing since about age seven, and I've wanted to be a professional writer since then. I really started writing obsessively when I was twelve, and as for fan fiction I just started this January at a friend's continuous suggestions--although I wouldn't have done so had I not started getting ideas for stories that I just had to tell.

14. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I think that you will be a great writer if this fan fiction is anything to go by.

15. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Thanks. I appreciate you saying so.

16. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    Thats ok i know talent when i see it.

17. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    What made you get into writing in the first place tatooinewizard.

18. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Now that's a difficult question. God only knows the answer, but probably the simplest thing to say was that I was creative and liked to think up stories, and so I wrote them sometimes. That plus the fact that my reading barriers were being taken down at the time. It's really hard for me to even remember how I ever had such difficulty reading because I do it all the time with ease now.
    And maybe I started getting into writing a lot more when I was twelve because I'd recently entered junior high and found out that life sucked and I needed somewhere for my aggression and other raging emotions to go.

19. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I to would like to write but i find it hard as free time is hard to come by how would you surjest i fix this as i would like to be able to write a least half decent stories.

Do you have any favortie books or type of books you like to read.

20. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I am so not the person to ask! I don't have a life, that's why I can write as much as I do. I have sporatic jobs and no friends to hang with. That says it all.
    Mainly I like to read horror stories, but I've been reading lots of Star Wars EU lately, and my favorite books are those in the Harry Potter series.
    Why all these questions? Just curious.

21. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    Yeah and it fills up the time while i wait for the next bit.

22. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    I wrote some this morning. I'll post it later after I look over it.

Edit: I think you should read some of my other work while you wait, little bit by little bit. This is a sequel anyway.

23. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    The next scene, finally, for my one reader and anybody else interested...

Maythga Branstock was a childlike creature, despite her twenty years. She often had the brightest smile, the expression always so innocent and mirthful, and her eyes often sparkled like an ocean at midday. Yet they didn?t now. She was sitting in the parlor of Cornell Turner?s apartment alone, trying not to cry. Uncle Cornell?she had always called her guardian that?was away, attending a Senate meeting or doing other duties that a Supreme Chancellor was apt to do. He was a very busy man, but she had so wished that he could have stayed home today.

She had had another of her frightening dreams, and she was very disturbed. She hung her head, her crimson hair tumbling in front of her solemn face as she thought about them. She had been tormented with these nightmares for as long as she could remember, and though the occurrences varied, they always revolved around the experiences of a solitary individual. Someone called Magnor.

When she had been younger she had often felt sympathetic toward this Magnor. The boy had been training to be a great warrior and every time he?d stepped out of line, even by the slightest accident, the hideous crone that was his Master would abuse him or make him suffer some sort of mental torture. Those dreams had been so horrid for Maythga to endure, and she had only been a child.

Still, despite how Magnor had transformed into a menacingly powerful dark warrior, she continued to pity him. It was that vile woman who had ripped all remorse from his weathered soul. It was that vile woman who had ordered?then watched?Magnor kill many unfortunate souls.

Maythga now thought of an incident involving a young, ill-fated Alderaanian couple who had stumbled upon a mysterious holocron. The bloody vision of what Magnor had done to them vividly flashed before her eyes. She could hear the poor woman screaming and the man futilely begging for his wife to be spared.

A tear leaked from the young woman?s eye as she remembered, and she shuddered, a little groan escaping her. The vision vanished quickly and she was suddenly assaulted with recollections of last night?s dream. Mangor?s Master had ordered him to slaughter the descendants of someone called the Starkiller. That would have been horrid enough, but the computer readout pad that listed the names of the intended targets had contained the name of someone she knew well. Her guardian?s Jedi adviser, a half-Rosk named V?l-slech.

Maythga was very disturbed by this. She had always somehow known that Magnor was real, that everything she had been dreaming about was truly happening somewhere. Now things were going to strike close to home and she couldn?t bear that.

She felt very close to V?l-slech. He was the only one who truly understood her. He couldn?t die; it wouldn?t be fair at any rate, but then he was a Jedi, and if anyone could survive an encounter with Magnor it would be him.

Suddenly the front door chimed. The young woman raised her head, brushing her crimson locks from her face, and she breathed a sigh of relief. It was V?l-slech, she somehow knew? or perhaps she was hoping too fervently that it was. It was imperative that she tell him of her most recent dream.

She rose, only giving the slightest of glances to the old holoprojection that sat on the nearby end table. In the image she was a baby, and she was with her former family. She didn?t remember any of them. Not her strikingly handsome, senator father, not her beautiful mother?who she resembled a great deal?and she didn?t remember her dark-haired twin brother either. They all were dead, although by what means she never learned. Uncle Cornell still didn?t think she was ready for the truth.

Maythga rushed to the door and opened it without asking who was there. No harm came from that though. It was indeed V?l-slech. The Jedi was a very eye-catching individual despite being humanoid in form.

His skin was very pallid, nearly as white as the robes he wore, and he had charcoal colored lips and hair. This wa

24. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    That was good keep it up.

25. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Thanks. Glad you liked that post, since it wasn't very stringently edited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.