main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The sith: not who you think they are((historical spoilers))

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Acoording to the Aliens essential guide it says "a people know only as the sith, develop a uniqe culture, only to disipear. The dark jedi later take this name as their own." I quess its safe to assume then the sith wars(i dont know much about this so correct me if im wrong) were fought by a people who were NOT the origanal sith.

You may ask yourself, so what?

Well, throughout the Old Republic and Sith Empier, they both interpretated these mysteriouse ancient people wrongly. This uniqe culture undoubtebly has something to do with the force. Is it possible these ancient people are related to the vong? Not likly from my perspective, but keeping in the new theoretical spirit of JEDIS, it is more realistic then many of my other threads.

Even if not, who were these people, and what was their understanding of the force? Did they discover it? And why were they interpreted by an evil people? Only time may tell.

2. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Commaon peps, this cant be to stupid, is it?

3. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    so the dark jedi couldnt be bothered to make up their own name, and ripped off an existing civilisation, interesting....

seriously, it would be interesting if 'the old sith' werent actually sith....

4. loontexas

loontexas Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2001
    the jedi from the sith war were exar kuns and ulic quel dromas dark jedi, trained in the ways of the sith race, which died off millenia before at yavin and korriban.

exar was turned to the darkside by the spirit of a long dead member of the sith species (the spirit of freedon nad). exar then took what he learned from the texts of the sith race and taught it to ulic, and then they both set off to convert as many jedi as possible, which set off what we know as the sith war.

5. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    No your mistaken, Naga Shadow and even Freedom Nadd were not even part of the origanal sith empier.

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Try Golden Age and Fall of.

7. TheGrandAdmiral

TheGrandAdmiral Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    Well, Chissdude is right about one thing: the Sith Empire was actually not Sith per se. The actual "Sith" race died off millenia before the Sith Empire arose and challenged the Old Republic. As for the part about the old Sith being the Vong... No offense Chissdude, but thats about as realistic as a Star Destroyer crashing through your window... :D

8. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    The ancient Sith race begins to develop their distinct culture and civilization. Only later, as these people spread across the galaxy does the term "Sith" become associated more with their teachings and philosophies than with the species itself. Though the Sith hold great power, they are not united, preferring to remain in tribal ?circles?, bands of Sith led by one or more sorcerers who were responsible for the safety and protection of their charges. -taken from timetales. Im telling you guys the origanal sith are misunderstood!

9. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    The Sith retained a harmonious social structure until now, with the arrival of a fallen Jedi, who took particular interest in their techniques for drawing power from the dark side. This dark Jedi dominated the Sith people, turning them into unwilling thralls, stealing their knowledge of sorcery and using it against them. This Jedi proclaimed himself the Dark Lord of the Sith, making him first in a lineage that would plague the rest of the galaxy for untold millennia. The Sith developed and perfected the techniques of calling on the dark side, enabling them to create more and more complex powers once thought well beyond the grasp of mere sentients. The Sith simultaneously feed on and empower the dark side in a symbiotic relationship whose ties can never be severed. This dark Jedi would continue to pervert Sith culture until his lineage is joined millennia later by hundreds of fallen Jedi during the Great Schism, which would conclude in the total subjugation of the Sith species.

More to think about

10. loontexas

Feb 12, 2001
    acually, naga sadow WAS part of the original sith empire. if you read 'the golden age of the sith' youll see that the sith race was accually a hybridization of the original dark jedi and the primitive sith species on korriban. they grew and developed an empire, only to be defeated by the old republic.

the sith known today are the the dark jedi-sith, who arent members of the sith race. they the remnants of the sith of the time of darth bane, and he is a remnant of the sith of exar kun, who was human, but taught in the ways of the sith after he turned to the darkside.

read 'the golden age of sith' and 'the rise and fall of the sith empire'. then read 'the freedon nadd uprising' and 'dark lords of the sith'. its all in there.

11. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I see your point but, I still think the origanal sith were misunderstood.

12. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Just think, Shadow was wat 5000 years before ANH. The sith race went extict 100000 years before.

13. loontexas

Feb 12, 2001
    i believe your numbers are wrong chissdude. the sith race went extinct around 6000 years before ANH. look in TOTJ:the rise of the sith empire. it tells you on the first page.

14. mr.binks

mr.binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1999
    Actually, I think the dude's got a point.

According to BP the Vong enveloped their culture/galaxy so far into the dark side they lost balance and therefor the force.

The Chronology specifically said the Sith race dissapeared way back when.

Multiple books said the original Sith race was hyped up on bioengineering.

The bunch who dreamed up the NJO storyline said that originally they wanted a 'Sith race of Darkside warriors' to invade. But Lucas told them to have the race be devoid of the force. (source is an NJO article on the official site a long time ago) GL was all hyped up on the neccesity of Balance to the force, the Vong might have bee his warning of what happens with out that balance.

Is it so outrageous for one to think they might have simply made the Sith into the Vong. And that the Vong are related to the Sith.

Just speculating...

15. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I actually like this theory, if it can't be shot down somehow. I'm not terribly familiar wth early Jedi and Sith info, and I haven't read the NJO yet.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Vong=Sith theory is actually rather fascinating...

17. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Just check out the Essential Chronology to answer all of your questions. The original Sith weren't an empire, just a species of primitive aliens on Korriban. The first Sith Empire was founded by rogue Jedi who destroyed the Sith species and adopted their name. What happens after that is all documented in the book.

18. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Chissdude, how do you come up with these preposterous theories?

19. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    He's obviously got waaaaaaaay too much time on his hands.

20. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Sith:
    this ancient race of insect-like humanoids was characterized by its dark, red skin, cranial horns, and long bony chins. There were several subspecies of Sith, each with its own place in their society. Some were slaves, other were warriors, and the highest caste of all were the magicians. They lived in a remote sector of the ancient galaxy, and were unknown to most until a group of Jedi Knights discovered their existence. The early Sith regarded the Dark Jedi as gods. The Force-sensitive Sith magicians proved to have control over the Dark Side of the Force, and the Jedi took many of their tomes and teachings back to study. They hoped to determine ways to avoid the Dark Side, but a group of Jedi found the allure of the Dark Side and the Sith teachings too powerful. They rose up against their Masters, but were not yet powerful enough to defeat them. The Dark Jedi were banished from the Old Republic, and chose to flee across the galaxy to the worlds of the true Sith. Over the millennia, the two groups intermingled, until very little pure Sith blood remained.

The Sith brotherhood was founded some 2,000 years before the Battle of Yavin by a rogue Jedi Knight who yearned to learn more of the Dark Side of the Force. Together with about 50 followers, this rogue fled the Old Republic and established his own Sith order.

21. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    And this is news to most of us because?

22. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    This is a good theory ok. I'm not saying there vong, im just proposing that the origanal sith magic is misunderstood.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.