main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Sith Order Planning Thread/ Vol 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Rover, Dec 13, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loka Hask

Loka Hask Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 1999
    DUDE!

Ok, this message may sound strange, as I am a victim of medicine head right now... I feel like I'm watching the computer screen from the ceiling.... woah.

Anyway, Lord Sith, your return is a welcome one, and I can't wait until you get back into the fray.
    (You may notice some new characters in the mix, too... Jastiss and Olan-- if you wanna learn more about em, dont hesitate to ask!)

cya later Lord Sith...

(gotta go now, Im starting to see little pink dots...)

2. LordSith

LordSith Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2000
    Rover,

Thanks a lot for the summary. That's actually just what I needed. *Cuts and pastes into Word for future reference*. :)

Once I get aquainted with the whole storyline again, I'll start posting again.

However, one think I don't want this story to turn into is a completely pre-planned one. By this, I mean I don't want everything completely set in stone before we actually write it. I've done that before a number of times, and it's extremely boring. Everyone already knows what's going to happen, and things start to get mundane, even if the storyline that has been set out is excellent. The beauty of the round robin story is that we are actually telling one another a new part of the story each time we post, full of plot twists and surprises for all of us.

This is not to say that we'd want to have no plan at all. As I said at the beginning of the first story, there are only a few rules. One, you can't kill one another person's character/s, and two, we have to follow the Sith history as set out by Terry Brooks in the TPM novel adaptation.

It is as follows:

The Sith had come into being almost two thousand years ago.

They were a cult given over to the dark side of the Force, embracing fully the concept that power denied is power wasted. A rogue Jedi Knight had founded the Sith, a singular dissident in a order of harmonious followers, a rebel who under stood from the beginning that the real power of the Force lay not in the light but in the dark. Falling to gain approval for his beliefs from the Council of the Jedi, he had broken with the order, departing with his knowledge and skills, swearing in secret that he could bring down those who had dismissed him.

He was alone at first, but others from the Jedi order who believed as he did and who had followed him in his study of the dark side soon came over. Others were recruited, and soon the ranks of the Sith swelled to more than fifty in number. Disdaining the concepts of cooperation and consensus, relying on the belief that acquisition of power in any form lends strength and yields control, the Sith began to build their cult in opposition to the Jedi. Theirs was not an order created to serve, theirs was an order created to dominate.

Their war with the Jedi was vengeful and furious and ultimately doom. The rogue Jedi who founded the Sith order was its nominal leader, but his ambition excluded any sharing of power. His disciples began to conspire against him and each other almost from the beginning, so that the war they instigated was as much with each other as with the Jedi.

In the end, the Sith destroyed themselves. They destroyed their leader first, then each other. What few survived the initial bloodbath were quickly dispatched by watchful Jedi. In a matter of weeks, all of them died. All but one.

The Sith who survived when all of his fellows had died had understood. It was patience that had saved the Sith order in the end.

That's it. Other then that, I don't want anything written in stone. That way, we can surprise ourselves, and surprise each other, generally making stuff up as we go along. Now of course,
    this doesn't mean we can't plan out an up coming segment in the story if it's important, but I don't want the whole story already pre-planned before it's written.

I'd like to hear everyone else's opinions on this as well.

Rover, and anyone else who wants to get hold of me privately, my E-Mail is: lordsith_@hotmail.com

We can do all our discussions of anything related to this story or any other on my message board as I said earlier. It's aptly named "The Sith Order".

You can find it at http://pub26.ezboard.com/bthesithorder36598

I just started it, so there might still be a few kinks I need to work out. It'll be useful talking there though, because we won't have to wade through all the other posts in here to find the planning threads. We can also use it for future projects as well. Anyone in the Sith Order is welcome to use it for any of their other stories as well. I can even

3. Loka Hask

Loka Hask Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 1999
    I want you all to follow this link and tell me what you see.

http://theforce.net/forum/Archives/Archive-000005/HTML/20000323-9-001727.html

you may thank me now. :)

4. LordSith

LordSith Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2000
    Could it really be...Dark Uprising! Nice job Loka. I'll use that link lots...

5. RogueLead11

RogueLead11 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 19, 1999
    Thanks for finding it, Loka! :)

6. LordSith

LordSith Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2000
    I made a link to both "Dark Uprising" and "Aspects of the Force" on the message board so they'll be easy to get to.

7. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    *lugs soapbox to the center of the room and stands upon it*

For the record, I have to agree with LS (whom I?m very glad to see back, by the way, before I get started). For one, I don?t like writing with too much structure in any story. It feels like I?m being suffocated. Some pre-planning is good ? that helps you from getting lost ? but for me, there is such a thing as over-planning something. I?m a person that likes to have a vague synopsis to keep me on track, but with plenty of space in case I want to make changes (which I often do). If we plot out every aspect of this story, it?s going to get boring fast. Some things can be played by ear. We managed to do it in the first Sith Order installment, didn?t we? A basic outline including main plot points that we *have* to cover is all that?s necessary here, IMHO.

For example:

Jastiss and Zemai become romantically involved
    The delegates on Alderaan are assassinated
    Coris, Olan, and Odar Velisa?s two Padawans rescue Jai?ana.
    The Sith attack the Jedi Temple
    The Sith Leaders begin to conspire against each other

Past that, it starts getting complicated. I read Rover?s post ? one word: WOW! ? and it was very thorough indeed, but it nearly blew me away with its detail and length. And that was only a *summary*! Things get even bigger after that. Don?t get me wrong, I think it?s awesome that Rover put so much effort in coming up with such a fantastic story line. But anymore than this and I?m going to start feeling like a noose is tightening around my neck.

I don?t know how the others feel about this. These are just my opinions. I just don?t want writing for this story to stop being fun and start becoming a chore. We certainly don?t need that now, of all times.

*packs up soap-box*

8. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    Latest post:

The Sith break into the Dining Hall and begin punting ambassadors left and right. Meanwhile, Coris encounters Lywin Xar-Vel and Hanza Es-Salaar. The two disciples tell him that a rescue effort for Jai'ana-Din is underway, but before they can get into details, news of the Sith attack reaches them. Lywin and Hanza leave to help the others in the Dining Hall while Coris stays behind to gather other reinforcements. He is attacked by a Sith apprentice named Nu'orga.

9. The Rover

The Rover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 1999
    Hey gang,

Its me. I thought i put this down on this planning thread and the one at Lord sith's site.

First post was the entire Sith assassination and massacre on Alderaan in its entirely, Everyone is killed and at the end, Coris Olan, Hanza and Lwyin embark on their journey to the Em'raan system to rescue Jai'ana-Din.

( Here we go Rogue - smile )

The second post is one that involves a short discussion about the life of a Jedi between Zemai and jastiss while Akira begins to move on her plans of attack. meanwhile , back on Couscant, the Chancellor and high ranking members of the senate discuss the tragety surrounding Alderaan and what to do about it.

it ends with Senator Led'ahs Drol setting up a meeting with jaden Rylok to discuss the matter futher.

Out in deep space, the members of the Armed forces that includes the coven of witches, sit and discuss their next course of action.

More to come soon

Come on everyone, I have now returned to try and finish this beautiful story. I hope that each of you caught my signal.

Rover

10. The Rover

Dec 28, 1999
    I'm now writing another scene, I dont know if any abody out there. but check out Lord Sith site for more details

Hey gala,

give me a reply, and let me know what do you wish to do cause in this scene ( I want to get some feedback before i actually write it, cause once again i want to move this story forward. ) Akira and Unan-Del is making their move to break up the little party between Zemai and Jastiss.

please give me some feed back anyone...

hurry ! times running and my fingers wanna type.

In other wordfs, I'm on a roll

More to come soon

11. The Rover

Dec 28, 1999
    Just bringing this back up

need my group of writers to see that i'm trying to get this ball rollin again

Rover

12. The Rover

Dec 28, 1999
    once again ....up

13. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    I don't want to move until we get Loka's input here -- Jastiss is his character, and I don't feel right deciding how he will behave in such a ticklish situation (that's what's been keeping me all this time!). As to the plot arc, they need to, er, get a little time alone (I'd say we're about four scenes from any interruption in order to keep the relationship believable). After that, they're separated by something (a raid? battle?) during which Akira takes possession of Zemai's body. Zemai will fight to retain some consciousness during the episode, but it won't be easy. Somehow or other, Jastiss is able to rescue her (or Jastiss and Coris? Rogue?). Most importantly for her future actions, she has some access to Akira's thoughts, and she knows that Jastiss' descendents are prophesied to be a thorn in the side of the Sith forever, which is why she refuses to reveal her child's parentage when she's taken before the council at the end (which is why they kick her out).

14. The Rover

Dec 28, 1999
    Hey Gala

Loka finally posted...so hopefully we can get you tarted again

anyway summary so far :

Finally ! After after a whole year and some change

The return of The General

in a short scene, setting up the daring and heroic rescue of Jai'ana-Din Ronin

This scene was written today esepcially because today marks the first anniversary of the violent Lightsaber duel between General Rikkan and Jai'ana-Din Ronin on Em'raan four in the first chapter ; " Dark uprising"

Too vbad she got captured in the end of that battle. ( smile )

More to come soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.