main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Sith Order: Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Lord Sith, Jan 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueLead11

RogueLead11 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 19, 1999
    I tried it - it doesn't work for me. *sigh* Oh well, thanks for the suggestion.

2. Lord Sith

Lord Sith Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 1999
    Being the slow person I am today, I wrote the wrong thing.

Try Ctrl + F5. That is what I meant to say.

*Sigh*

3. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    Summary:

Now in the Coruscant with Zemai, Coris realizes he can't sense Jai'ana anymore. He's not too happy about that.

Akira is having an internal battle between her morals and the Dark Side. The latter wins out by telling her a lie about her battle with Coris that she is all too willing to believe. Then, the final verse (I think) of the prophecy - at least for now - is revealed, which Akira unknowingly relays to Zalferix in her sleep.

Nooo! The thread's hiccuping again! Just when I thought it got fixed! The Ctrl+F5 thing doesn't work either. I guess I'll just have to wait until the Admins make things right again.

4. blackjedi

blackjedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 1999
    I guess I should check in now.. Sorry that I've been slack guys, I had spent my weekend at my aunt's house then had to come back to the real world and school.. -.-
    Should I add anything more about my characters in this part of the story or just wait until we start the next?..

5. Loka Hask

Loka Hask Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 1999
    I am so grounded right now, so I don't know if I'll be able to post much for about a week. But, I dont think that matters, cause it looks like im pretty much done anyway.

6. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    You know, I save each of my posts to the thread, just in case something happens, and today I did a page count. The whole document is 57 pages! Just an interesting little detail.

7. Lord Sith

Lord Sith Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 1999
    Well, the first story is just about finished, but not quite. Right now, I'm less then a week away from my finals for the first semester, so I doubt I'll have very much time to post anything till about the 3rd of Feb. In the meantime, you guys can finish it off.

Question I wanted to ask, shall we start the second story right away, or does everyone want a break?

Your choice.

8. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    I'm up for starting it right away, but let's get some planning done first over here. Not specific plot, since I seem to be the only one who's into having that down ahead of time, but stuff like, when is it set? What's the time frame of the story? (One week? Two years? An evening?) What settings are we going to use, and in what context? (BTW, check out Forum9/HTML/001439.htmlThe Worlds of Fan Fiction for some cool worlds, and also, someone who knows Emraan 4 better than I do might want to add it, as well as the other planet, the first one after Coruscant. Zemai's descendents go to La'azum, and she believes her ancestors come from there, though she doesn't know for sure.)

By the by, because one of the other writers at "Penitent" has a character who by various mechanations may have known Zemai, I gave her a brief history over there, which I'll post the after-Uprising parts of here, in case anyone finds them useful.

Zemai is sort of proprietory about the few people she attaches herself to, and she is jealous of the woman Coris loves. As she grows up, she understands that this is a silly feeling, and tries to quash it -- especially since her interest in him is not the same -- but never quite succeeds. Her curiosity about the world also never abates, and she wants to know as much as she can about any subject she encounters. She's a natural skeptic, and drives her Masters (both Jedi and Sith) to distraction with questions and doubts.

In her early twenties, she becomes pregnant, and will not reveal the father. The name doesn't even appear in her papers, and her descendents don't know (nor do I yet ). What is certain is that it was the end of her career as a Jedi. Not having the child (a son), but being defiant to the council. I don't know if it's before or after she allied with the Sith, though. That hasn't come out yet.

She goes into Coruscant politics, and rises to the rank of Mayor. No one knows of her affiliation with the Sith, because no one knows that Bane survived, let alone took an apprentice. She studies quietly, uses her power rarely if at all, and sees to it that her son is not at all involved. Because her interest is in knowledge, she keeps records of her own training and the history of the Sith war, all in handwriting -- on real paper! -- so that it's not accessible to computer net wizards. When her son is old enough to go off on his own, she sends him to La'azum, where she believes her family to originate, sending the papers with him. She then seeks out an apprentice, and trains him as she promised. By the time she dies, Coruscant's library system has quadrupled in size, and three new universities have opened. Many buildings are in the process of being built -- she is remembered kindly, and no one except her family and the thread of Sith masters and apprentices that stretches forward from her knows that she was Sith. The only hints were certain strange rumors about the devilish fates that befell people who crossed those she chose to care about.

[This message has been edited by JediGaladriel (edited 01-26-2000).]

9. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    I'm for starting it right away as well. BTW, who's going to finish up the thread? I thought it would be fitting for Lord Sith to wrap things up since he was the one who started this whole affair, but since he's dealing with finals right now, I guess that's kind of impossible.

10. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    On the current story:

How does it end? As far as I'm concerned, Zemai's arc pretty much ended when she got on board the ship, but there are a lot of people still wandering around Emraan. Should we have a rescue? Get everyone on the Coruscant, then just do a little epilogue back at the Temple? (Maybe Coris' point-of-view talking to Rylok about the mission and speculating on how many of the Sith are left or something?)

On the new story:
    My vote is to follow the prequel pattern and put it ten years in the future, but I'll go along with whatever the consensus is.

What is the general gist of it? (Like this one was the initial uprising, what will the next one be? The first aggressive act against the Republic? The Jedi taking their first action against the Sith in however long it's been? Why choose this point for a story -- what's been happening?)

I assume Karik's son is going to come into it; what other new characters do people have in mind? Which old ones are going to exit, and which are going to take prominent plot positions?

11. The Rover

The Rover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 1999
    Rogue and Galandriel

If you both have no problems with it, ill finish the story, since i have been away for a couple of days dealing with some personal issues back home. I'll wrap any loose ends and knowing that individual characters arcs is finished means I can do a broad overscope of how to wrap it up.

I would love to also keep this thing going, immediately after this story ends.and galandriel's idea to start on the story ten years later is a very nice idea. The only problem i would have is that Jai'ana-Din Ronin is still General Rikkan's Prisoner untill Her Love Coris Hakim comes to free her.( which would be abosolutely poetic in terms of the romantic angle.... you taking notes, Rogue )

The ten year arc would give the bad guys Seth and drey the ability to swell up the Sith Order numbers to more than fifty and really show them in a real kick *** mode.

the war should just begin or has been going on for a number of years.

I have two new seperate characters to bring in but havent thought of them yet. they will be improtant as far as their particupation in the War is concern. As well as bringing The other Eight Padawans of Odar Velisa to the forefront to attempt to rescue their little sister disciple, Jai'ana-Din Ronin and hunt down General Rikkan ( who I may move his base of operations from Em'raan four...but i still need to think on that )

Let me know if you have no problems in me finishing up the story...Lord Sith, i hope you do well in your finals, but as soon as its over, please get in touch with me so we can sit down and plan how really bring out the characters of the many members of the Sith order if we talkin about the story takin place after ten years.

Oh Galandriel, I really like your description of Zemai and her future. Now i know exactly what to do in keepin the spirit of character if she should ever interact with General Rikkan again. ( I would love to do another scene with them both because of how she will be a keeper and writer of ancient archives in the scroll at the temple which is what the General does exactly as he records battles, philosophies, magic spells, and his own personal journals. would be interesting to see )

Loka cant wait to see what you would for Karik's son

Give me untill saturday night to finish up the story cause i will start to write it either late tonight or starting tomorrow

12. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Actually, it could be an interesting dynamic for Ja'ina Din to be a prisoner for ten years, perhaps with no one realizing she's alive. The question would become, what is the motive of the Sith in keeping her alive, but demanding no ransom? Are they, perhaps, trying to get her to teach them the secrets of her former master, and she is refusing? Or is there a better reason?

13. Lord Sith

Lord Sith Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 1999
    I got time to finish it off, but if anyone wishes, they can add a sort of Epilogue, adding anything about their characters positions in the grand scheme of things. When I return, which should be around Feb 3rd or so, we can start seriously discussing the second story.

~Lord Sith~

14. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    I might want to add an epilogue for Coris. Jedi Galadirel, does Zemai actually become his apprentice? Because if she does, I can add in a scene where she finally appears beside him wearing a Padawan braid or something. It would be cute, but I won't go through with anything until I get imput from you.

15. Loka Hask

Jul 12, 1999
    Just a suggestion, Rogue, but maybe you should do an epilogue for Akira too, just to tie up whether or not she survived, and what Zalferix had to do to keep her that way.

16. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    I was definitely under the impression that she ended up officially his padawan, though they both kind of stumbled into it, and making it official is almost an afterthought. But sure, the scene would be great.

17. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    Galadriel, do you want to write the epilogue with Zemai and Coris while I write the one with Zalferix and Akira? I get out of school at 10:30 for Midterms tomorrow. I can type up the parts then. But I don't want to be hogging everything, so if you want to do it, I'll gladly let you. You've got a good handle on both their characters anyway.

18. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    By the way, Rogue11, feel free to come up with the dialogue and so on that you think Zemai would have; I'm not going to extend the epilogue by posting reactions, so the end of their line is all up to you.

19. The Rover

The Rover Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 1999
    Hey Lord Sith, im glad you got around to end the story....I loved the post. guess i dont have to much to do anymore huh?

But there are loose ends to tie up, cause what Galandriel said as far it would be interesting for jai'ana-Din to be a prisoner of General Rikkan for ten years...

First off, you're right, galandriel, no one doesnt think that jai'ana-Din is alive anymore..even though they havent 'felt' her demise in the same manner as the rest of the Jedi knights who past away, but how could she disappear without a trace. but I want Coris to allways feel deep in his heart tht Jai'ana-Din is alive, and that will be reinforced by the epulogue that i would want to put in there, where General Rikkan looks upon his captive and before he puts her in a state of suspended animation, she reaches out with the Force to First her elder classmates ( the Legendary Padawans of Odar Velisa )to let them know of her situation with their master's arch enemy, and then to Coris Hakim.

the only reason they couldnt sense Jai'ana-din before is that when she fought with General Rikkan, they was in another plane of existance( another dimension if you will ) when he brings her to secret part of the Sith temple, he regains consciousness long enough to make the call. when Coris senses her , he will know her last thoughts were of him and that she will never let the bond that they shared be broken no matter how long it is before they see each other again.

Coris will not have the opporti=unity to know exactlywhere she is, but this will give him the will to know that he will not rest untill he gazes into jai'ana-din eyes weither alive or dead and let her know that he too, will never break the life bond that they shared.

General Rikkan is holding jai'ana-din because of the forbidden magicks that Her master Odar Velisa has taught to all of his padawans to enhanced their aalready masterful skills in the Jedi arts. this is all historic in Jedi lore by the way

Odar Velisa has stolen the Book of spells from General Rikkan during the historic and extremly violent "Necronominon Uprising" ( one day I may tell that particular tale, too )So after 700yrs, the General is now attempting to reclaim his most powerful magicks from his most hated enemy, who fought him to a stand still both in the Jedi arts and as a sorcerer. Hope this answers your questions a bit Galandriel

any way great post Sith , this is my first attempt in fan fiction everyone and we had a chemestry that is very rare. each of you Loka, Sith, Blackjedi, Galandriel, and most especially your Roguelead11 brought out hopefully the best of my work...... it has been more than a pleasure, believe me when i tell you this. I look forward to anyother works that I may be invited to, if any one of you or all of you are involved

Once grat work and I hope to see you in part two ten years later

Onece again thanks Lord Sith for inviting me to participate in your story....oh by the way, Sith dont forget we have to talk about character development of the bad guys and how to bring in more bad guys ( oh hell yeah !- stone cold steve austin )

20. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Ah, another hiccup. Yeah, if it's only one point-of-view, I'll go ahead and write it. I can do that now.

21. RogueLead11

Aug 19, 1999
    That was great (your latest post), Jedi Galadriel! I couldn't have come close to that.

22. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    <grin> Thanks. Of course, I copied and pasted the last paragraph from my first post on the thread... lazy way to close a circle, but it's closed.

23. Loka Hask

Jul 12, 1999
    hey rover, do you think that when Jai'ana Din is released that at some point she can take Karik's son as a padawan? You know, so she can pass on Velisa's teachings. It was just and idea, and i'll let you think about it.

24. Loka Hask

Jul 12, 1999
    I finally came up with a name for Karik's son and his guardian.

His name is Jastiss Otonna, and, if the story takes place ten years later, he is eighteen.

NAME: Jastiss Otonna
    SEX: male
    SPECIES: human
    EYES: deep blue
    HAIR: dirty blonde
    WEAPON OF CHOICE: Once Coris finds him, he gives him Karik's former blade, which is purple.
    PERSONALITY: Jastiss is really easy going, and is always cool under pressure. He always finds a time to crack a joke, much to the dismay of his friends. At heart he is a dreamer, and a scholar. He keeps a journal, and whenever an idea pops into his head he writes it down.

Olan Tennaris
    SEX: male
    SPECIES: Human
    Eyes: Brown
    Hair: Black
    Weapon of choice: A special weapon that is a combination blaster/saber. The handle of the saber is the handle to a blaster rifle, giving him a unique grip and stance in combat. The rest of the saber is normal, except for a small blaster mounted directly above where the blade extends from. He can shoot it when the saber is ignited, but it is much more powerful when shot without the blade on.

PERSONALITY: Olan is very protective of Jastiss, and treats the boy like his own son. Before returning to the academy, Karik ordered Olan to never let Jastiss back into the academy. Unbeknownst to him, Karik was under the influence of the Dark Side, and was trying to save his son as his last act of the lightside. Olan took this request very seriously, so it will take very good convincing to get Olan to let Jastiss to go to the academy.

These are my new characters, I hope you like them!

[This message has been edited by Loka Hask (edited 01-28-2000).]

25. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    Loka -- are those the ages currently, or the ages during the story?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.