main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Sith Reborn (RotS AU)( Ani/Palpatine and others) UPDATE- 12/16- Ch. 4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LukesDestiny, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukesDestiny

LukesDestiny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    Here's the prologue to my RotS AU fan fic. I hope you enjoy it so far. I can guarantee that there will be some plot twists.

Prologue- Thoughts of a Sith Lord

Strapped in a chair aboard the droid general General Grievous? ship, the Invisible Hand, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine is somewhat rattled by what he has just witnessed. He has just witnessed what has made General Grievous so famous: killing Jedi Knights. The two crumpled forms were lying on the floor of the deck.

?Flush them out the airlock.? General Grievous ordered the droid commander. ?Show the Republic what will happen if there is another attempt by the Jedi to rescue the Chancellor.?

Palpatine appeared to be sickened by what he had witnessed by what he had seen, but in reality he relished in it. If General Grievous can do this to these pathetic Jedi, I wonder how he will handle Master Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. With the death of Kenobi, young Skywalker will surely have no choice but to turn to the dark side. I have forseen it.

Just then, Count Dooku entered the General?s Quarters and interrupted the thoughts of his master, Lord Sidious.

?Lord Sidious, I have just been informed that both Kenobi and Skywalker have crashed their starfighters into the hangar. Should I go to them, or should I wait for them to come to me?? Dooku questioned.

?Let them come to you Lord Tyranus. You will kill Kenobi in front of Skywalker and he will have no choice but to turn to the dark side.?

?Excellent plan, Lord Sidious.?

As Dooku left the General?s Quarters and his meeting with Lord Sidious, he felt something familiar like an old friend through the Force while he was talking with Sidious. His master plans to have Skywalker kill him. I have no problem dealing with Skywalker, but should I really kill Obi-Wan? He is like a grandson to me. I wonder if it is too late for me to rejoin the Jedi...

Unbeknownst to Dooku, Sidious was reading his thoughts as soon as he walked out the door. So he doesn?t want to kill Kenobi, how interesting. I guess I?ll just have to throw in the proper incentive. I will let Anakin kill him and not intervene. Then, and only then, will young Anakin Skywalker embrace the dark side of the Force and help me destroy the Jedi!

Palpatine smiled to himself. In due time... All in due time...

2. NickStarwalker

NickStarwalker Jedi Master star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    I hope that Dooku does indeed return to the Jedi alive. Since this is an AU, I just hope Anakin does not fall to the dark side. Update soon.

3. LukesDestiny

Oct 28, 2004
    Chapter 1- Search

Count Dooku was steadily pacing the hallways of The Invisible Hand, looking for any sign of the Jedi Knights Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. He knew that the Jedi were somewhere, and he was determined to find them.

Meanwhile in another part of the ship, Obi-Wan and Anakin were slicing their way through battle droids, super battle droids, and droidekas.

?Artoo, plug into that terminal and find where the Chancellor is.? Anakin said in a hurry while deflecting blaster bolts back to their sources.

Artoo gave a cheery reply and plugged in to the terminal. All of a sudden, Artoo?s head was spinning at a rapid pace and he exploded away from the terminal, charred on one side.

?Artoo! Are you alright?? Obi-Wan asked.

The response that Obi-Wan received was from Artoo was very short as he was trying to regain his bearings.

?Sorry Artoo. I thought that that was a computer terminal. I didn?t know that it was a power plug,? Anakin apologized.

?There that looks like a computer terminal straight ahead. Artoo see if that one works.? Obi-Wan shouted while slashing a super battle droid in half, directly through the middle.

?Nice move Master.? Anakin said while he himself sent his lightsaber out with the Force and slashed four battle droids? heads off.

Artoo rolled forward through a hail of blaster fire and plugged into the computer terminal.

More droidekas rolled into the hallway and started to open fire on both Jedi. Anakin and Obi-Wan exchanged worried looks.

?Anakin, stay here and cover Artoo. I?ll take care of these destroyers myself.? Obi-Wan ordered.

?Master, that?s suicide. You need my help.? Anakin said worried.

?Anakin, I know what I?m doing.?

Obi-Wan turned and faced the three droidekas and challenged them to open fire on him. The droidekas replied by sending large amounts of blaster fire at Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan flipped behind the droidekas and reached through the Force to pick one up. He used it as a shield, and the other droidekas continued to fire at Obi-Wan even though he was using one as protection. The shield of the droideka went down from absorbing numerous blaster fire and Obi-Wan tossed it at the other droidekas. One of the droidekas collided with the tossed one and exploded.

Now, all I have to worry about is one more? Obi-Wan thought to himself. He saw a panel on the wall spewing sparks. If I can somehow lure the droid to that defective panel, I could possibly destroy it.

Obi-Wan charged towards the droideka aided by the Force and located the droidekas shield generator and sliced it in half and then used the Force to push the droideka into the defective panel, which caused it to explode in to the air and come back down in a shower of sparks. A tired Obi-Wan shut his lightsaber down and reattached it to his belt. Anakin was standing next to Artoo still waiting for the little droid to locate the Chancellor.

?Nice job Master. At one point I didn?t know if you needed my help or not. But, I guess you proved me wrong.? Anakin joked.

?You may be a Jedi Knight Anakin, but you still have much to learn.? Obi-Wan said with a broad smile.

As both Jedi shared a laugh, until Artoo whirred excitedly, drawing attention to himself.

?What?s Artoo saying?? Obi-Wan asked Anakin.

?He?s saying ?I found him, I found him.? Anakin said to Obi-Wan and then he turned back to Artoo. ?Artoo, where is he located??

Artoo gave another whir and a long beep at the end and his head was swiveling.

?Artoo says that he is in Grievous?s Quarters. It?s located on the 3rd level.? Anakin said to Obi-Wan with a slight smile on his face.

?Artoo, plug out of the terminal. It?s time to go. I sense more droids coming our way.? Obi-Wan said.

With that Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Artoo started towards an elevator and waited for one to reach them.

?There?s never an elevator when you need one.? Obi-Wan joked.

The elevator doors opened an all three of them entered and closed the doors.

I hope the Chancellor is not harmed. Anakin thought. I

4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    How come you stopped working on this? Looks like it was getting interesting! Get back to work! ;)

5. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    yeah it's good since it differnet than lucas

6. LukesDestiny

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm going to start it back up this weekend and hopefully will have chapter two up by Sunday or Monday.

7. LukesDestiny

Oct 28, 2004
    I know this chapter is kind of short,but I wanted Chapter 3 to cover most of the Anakin and Obi-Wan vs Dooku duel.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2-Rescue

?Chancellor, are you injured?? Obi-Wan asked.

?No, Master Kenobi. I?m relatively unharmed. I wish I could say the same of the two Jedi Knights that were flushed out of the airlock by Grievous.? Palpatine said.

?Where?s Dooku?? Anakin asked angrily. ?He will pay for this.?

?Anakin! Calm yourself. Do not rely on your feelings of revenge to take on Dooku.? Obi-Wan stated. ?He may look old but he can still handle himself with a lightsaber.?

?Yes, I understand, Obi-Wan. Artoo help the Chancellor out of the chair and take him to safety.? Anakin said.

Artoo complied and started towards the Chancellor, when two droids stepped out from behind the captive Chancellor?s chair. The droids were taller than super battle droids and plated almost the same with the exception of shield generators on their arm gauntlets. It was CIS? new model: the Grapple Droid.

?These droids must be new. I have never seen them before.? Obi-Wan said.

?If they are like any other droids they will surely be easy to destroy!? Anakin said confidently.

Anakin charged the nearest droid, ignited his lightsaber, and made a slashed towards the droids torso. The droid blocked young Skywalker?s slash and began to fire at him while the other droid snuck up behind him, and its arms rose, waiting to grasp Anakin.

?Anakin, behind you,? Obi-Wan warned. But it was too late. The grapple droid grabbed Anakin and began to squeeze him. It was slowly crushing Anakin to death. Obi-Wan knew he had to act quickly. He leapt behind the droid holding Anakin, extended his lightsaber blade and dug it into the grapple droid?s internal circuits into the ?spine.? The limp grapple droid slowly released Anakin and Obi-Wan helped him up.

?Anakin, are you alright?? Obi-Wan questioned.

?Those ?grapple? droids are stronger than they look. I don?t know how much longer I could have lasted if you had not stopped that droid.? Anakin said thankfully.

?There?s still one more grapple droid left. Let?s take it together.?

Anakin and Obi-Wan ignited their lightsabers simultaneously and slowly made their way towards the last grapple droid. Obi-Wan attacked from the top and Anakin from the bottom and both attacks were blocked. The grapple droid grabbed both Anakin and Obi-Wan around the necks and threw them against opposite walls. Anakin took the worst of the blow against the wall. Obi-Wan slowly got up and attacked the grapple droid again, and his attacks failed due to the shield generators. When the grapple droid attempted to capture Obi-Wan again, a blood-red lightsaber blade shot through the droid torso.

After the grapple droids were destroyed, Artoo released the Chancellor from his binds and started towards the door along with the Chancellor, who was rubbing his wrists in vain to get circulation flowing to his hands again. As Artoo and the Chancellor left the General?s Quarters, Count Dooku shown himself to the two exhausted Jedi.

?Hello, young Jedi. We meet again.? Said the sarcastic voice of Count Dooku. ?Especially you, young Skywalker. Gentleman, please don?t make me wait any longer. Let?s get this over with.?

Dooku drew his lightsaber back from the torso of the droid with the aid of the Force. Dooku double-flipped over the railing he was standing on and landed, lightsaber ignited, in front of Anakin and Obi-Wan. Anakin and Obi-Wan swung their lightsabers,in sync, at Dooku.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look for Chapter 3 next week.

8. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Good for you, LukesDestiny!! [face_dancing] Glad you decided to pick up the story again! :D Short, yes, but still sweet. I'm already noticing minor changes in the story here and there and I'm trying to figure out where you're going. [face_thinking] You've got my attention! ;)

Keep up the great work. I look forward to reading next week.

9. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    i like it as well, please more soon, I want to see what plans u have in mind.

10. LukesDestiny

Oct 28, 2004
    Chapter Three- Discovery

As Obi-Wan and Anakin swung their lightsabers in unison, Dooku ducked Anakin?s slice and blocked Obi-Wan?s. Anakin was kicked in the chest by Dooku and collapsed in pain. Dooku then focused his attention on Obi-Wan and came in fast and furious with slashes and stabs coming from all directions. One stab nearly got through Obi-Wan?s guard, but he was saved with a powerful Force push from Anakin, who was still on the floor, recovering. Dooku went over to the injured Jedi Knight and cut Anakin along his left knee with his lightsaber. Obi-Wan sat up from the floor of the Invisible Hand as Dooku turned back in his direction and attempted to slice Obi-Wan in two, but like he himself had done to Darth Maul on Naboo.

He countered the slice at his chest and countered by severing Dooku?s right arm off at the elbow, much like Anakin?s injury at the hands of Dooku at the Battle of Geonosis.

?Ah Obi-Wan, I never thought that you had the ability to catch me off guard. You?re a very lucky young Jedi, but I will not give you the same opportunity again.?

?I won?t need to, Dooku. You?ll be coming back with us to the Jedi Temple.?

?I?ll never go back there. You have no idea what my master has planned for your kind. The Jedi are so blind to the fact that it is really is quite humorous.?

After hearing this, the injured Anakin came charging at Dooku enraged. ?Your kind is at an end Dooku!?

?You?re quite a headstrong young Jedi. I feel the anger in you, but you don?t use it.?

Anakin swung at Dooku and his attack was parried by a Dooku kick to his injured leg. Anakin went down in a heap and was picked up by Dooku with the Force and sent back first into a wall and part of a collapsed balcony was sent down onto his unconscious body.

Unbeknownst to Anakin and Obi-Wan, the freed Supreme Chancellor Palpatine was secretly watching the duel between them and Count Dooku via a handheld viewscreen. Palpatine had disabled Artoo by hitting his trip switch and left him sitting in a side hallway. Palpatine was on his way to contact General Grievous and he pulled the hood on his robe, tightly, to hide his facial features. Palpatine found a holo terminal and activated it with the Force. A handsize image of General Grievous appeared before him.

?What is thy bidding my Lord?? The raspy voice of General Grievous asked.

?General, Anakin Skywalker and General Kenobi are currently dueling Lord Tyranus. I would find it wise if you will abandon this ship. Gather your bodyguards and disembark immediately to the Utapau system. I will contact you when I arrive back to Coruscant.?

?As you wish my Lord.? Grievous said as he bowed and ended the transmission. He pointed to a nearby battle droid. ?Gather my bodyguards and prepare a ship.?

?Yes sir.? Replied the battle droid.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything is going according to plan. Palpatine thought as he strode through the hallway of the Invisible Hand, going back towards the General?s Quarters. Soon Lord Tyranus will be dead and I will have a far more powerful apprentice in young Skywalker.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan and Count Dooku continued their deadly duel which was becoming much more aggressive with every passing second. Both were using punches and kicks in hopes of weakening the other in order to score a decisive blow. Neither was making any progress. Dooku landed a quick kick to Obi-Wan?s jaw, which sent him reeling to the deck floor and his lightsaber scattered away from him. Dooku?s scarlet lightsaber was now pointed directly in his face and he could smell the burning ozone.

One misstep may be my downfall. I have to play it smooth.

?Come now, Obi-Wan. Let?s stop this meaningless fight. I have some information that you may find to be quite interesting.?

?I

11. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    Glad you beginning to start again
    Sidious is here
    damn

12. LukesDestiny

Oct 28, 2004
    I'm really glad that you guys are liking it.

Chapter Four (Choices) should be up by Friday.

13. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Very nice, LukesDestiny!! I'm excited to see this veer off into genuine AU territory! I can't wait to see where you take this!

14. LukesDestiny

Oct 28, 2004
    Thanks for the reply. I feel really excited about this as well.

Ch. 4 Update- It should be up at the latest by Sunday at the latest because I have had tests to study for in college. I will try to get it up on Friday though.

15. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Interesting spin. I wonder who will turn on who? [face_thinking]

Waiting for the next post!

16. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    Great fic! I loved the lightsaber duel! Could I possibly get a PM when you update?

17. LukesDestiny

Oct 28, 2004
    Sorry for the long period of no updates. I've been bogged down with college work. I'm done with school until next month and I'll continue work on my story.

I've gotta tweak a few things on Chapter 4, so I'll try to have it up by tomorrow.

18. LukesDestiny

Oct 28, 2004
    Here's part 1 of Chapter Four- Choices. I know, kind of short.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter Four- Choices (Part 1)

Anakin began to regain consciousness as he heard a crackling sound and he looked up and saw Supreme Chancellor Palpatine speaking to Count Dooku and his former Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

?The only one meeting their end today, is YOU!? Palpatine said as lightning formed at his fingertips and sent a torrent of deadly Force lightning at Obi-Wan, whom collapses onto the deck, in incredible pain.

Anakin sat up, grabbed his lightsaber and rushed over to where Palpatine was standing over Obi-Wan.

?Chancellor, what have you done?? Anakin asked Palpatine, angrily. ?You deceived me. I never knew that you would turn out to be the Sith Lord.?

?Don?t be so naïve, Anakin.? Palpatine said with a cunning smile. ?I am surprised that you didn?t figure it out sooner, since you are ?The Chosen One.??

Anakin drew and ignited his lightsaber, the light blue tip pointed directly at Palpatine?s throat, and began to circle around him.

?You will be coming back with us to Coruscant for a trial and you will be convicted of treason, Chancellor.?

?Anakin, my boy, why should you hold yourself back and stay with the Jedi? You know in your heart that they do not trust you or that ridiculous prophecy of ?The Chosen One.? If you shall join me, you will have unlimited power the likes of which never have been seen. I have no use of Lord Tyranus anymore. Prove your loyalty to me and kill him.?

Anakin stood silently for a moment and then deactivated his lightsaber and began to bow in front of Darth Sidious. Sidious began to grin maniacally. This is the moment I have been waiting for ever since I met him when he was a young boy.

?I pledge myself to the teachings of the Sith. I will do anything you ask of me, my Master??
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Has Anakin really joined up with Darth Sidious?

I may have Part 2 up by either Sunday or Monday. Depends on how much I tweak Part 2.

19. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    Nooo!!!!!!!! please Ani dust your brain and use it!! save Obi before is too late and chop Palpy into tiny pieces!

20. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    NO!!! HE CAN'T!!! I mean, uh....can't wait to find out what happens next. :D

Btw, good luck with colledge LukesDestiny[/i].

21. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    That seemed awfully sudden of him, after that little speech. [face_thinking] Great update, can't wait for more.

22. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    UP-skies!

When are we getting more of this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.