main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Sith: The Authority Of Chóa

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Empor, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Empor

Empor Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2015
    Part 1: The Recalection And Ascension Of Xaen
    The Galaxies Recalection:
    With the galaxy in turmoil, enemy after enemy, each stronger than the last..... The Hutt's and Makeb, the Dread Masters, Revan, and the Rogue Sith Emperor Vitiate; the Inquisitors of the Empire became stretched, their once broad and unmatched muscles, now fatigued. Trying to be at the head of the external threats letting the Empire live on, whilst constantly being called upon to attend the petty infighting's and accusations of 'heresy' because of sith jealousy; the Inquisitors would need a new plan of action, or face their imminent demise...

The Zakuul, they come from the unknown, they destroy and conquer all the known galaxy, residing in wealth upon their homeworld, and sending their haunting Star Fortresses to suppress any opposition. Korriban was one of the first worlds to feel their wrath, leaving the world where the Empire generates its sith armies in ruin. Soon, along with the Republic, the Empire surrendered; and was able to stay a so called 'Empire' as long as it abides by the rules and sanctions given by the Eternal Empire, many of the Inquisitors fell defending the Sith Empire as it was, those who lived had three choices.... Go into hiding, resign their position, or stay as an Inquisitor for the Sith Empire, but be nothing more than a meer puppet for the Zakuul.

Vulkráth Xaen
    One Inquisitor, one whom had served loyally and undoubtedly for the Empire since their admission to the ranks of sith, chose to stay as an Inquisitor, but he did not become a puppet. He was known as Inquisitor Vulkráth Xaen, at the time of the Zakuul's appearance, a High Lord, and unknowingly but soon to be Grand Master Of The Chóa.

High Lord Vulkráth Xaen was a sith of great knowledge and power. They were respected, feared, and seen as a true authority among the Empire, if not the galaxy; he was known to sway minds and enforce law and order upon the most stubborn pirates and mercenaries, as well as those in the Empire. He was born on Korriban, outside the temple of the Great Lord Of The Sith, Marka Ragnos. His parents were very mystical sith purebloods, believing that their son would receive a blessing from this dark lord, and that it would enable their son to become strong.... simple superstition? Those who have met High Lord Xaen in battle would not think so. At the age of three, Vulkráth and his parents were on Tatooine along with part of the Imperial Reclamation Service, investigating a source they believed to hold some sort of holocron, however the Jedi also knew of this source. Vulkráth was in his families tent, learning to read the Sith Code in their native tongue when the sounds of shouting and blaster fire could be heard. The Imperial force had engaged in a lethal conflict between the attacking republic troops and jedi. They were lead by Jedi Battlemaster Marzo Vanis, an extremely well seasoned fighter, and strategist. Vulkráth saw the Imperials being mercilessly beaten down by the pressing republic force, some without even a blaster in hand, but that did not stop the jedi from cutting them down, a symbol and uniform told them all they needed to know.... Protectors of the galaxy, and overstatement at least. Vulkráth looked out of the tent, to see his mother and father, sabers drawn and lightning firing from their finger tips, retaliating as best they can, before they then have to face Marzo Vanis. Her saberstaff drawn, a deep glowing blue, it swiped and span at Xaen's parents, they dodge and roll away, trying to retaliate, but despite their mystical powers and fueled anger, Marzo Vanis would not give in, her attacks were fast and accurate, not giving either sith the chance to channel a stronger attack. Eventually they were worn down, exhausted but still fighting a futile battle. The other republic forces stood there and watched, what was left of the Imperials, spread across the soulless sands of Tatooine. When the mother attempted to jump from behind striking down at Marzo, who was concentrated on the father, Vanis spun round, throwing her saber, rapidly speeding and spinning towards Xaen's mother, slicing her torso in two, to Xaen it was as if time had slowed, when he saw his mother's body slowly being torn, before a force push separated both pieces rendering them lost to the planets lands. As Vanis caught her saber, she broke her saber into two separated sabers, placing them at the neck of an angered but beaten father. He looked to Xaen, his eyes narrowed as he then nods to his son, soon before Vanis ends the moment with each saber cutting into the pureblood's neck, decapitating him, along with a large spurt of blood colouring the sands before the wounds sealed from the burning saber. The blood spat at Xaen's unchanged face, and unmoved body, his fathers head laid before him. The republic forces turned from the scene, heading back to their ships, while Marzo Vanis then turns to see Xaen, they share a short moment of staring at each other, both of them memorising every facial feature, every colour of strand of hair; Xaen would not forget this face, and Vanis would not forget his. She turns coldly to Xaen, heading to the ships, leaving him in the sands. If not for the imperial response team, he would have shared his parents grave.

An orphaned child, their foster parents changing from time after time, teaching him the ways of the sith, of their race, and of the world that now lays before them. He was fifteen when admitted to the Academy on Korriban, showing exceptional strength in the force, violently beating his foster brother half close to death, much to his foster parents disappointment and anger, who soon after made it so he would proceed to the academy. Vulkráth did not remain an acolyte for long, beating his competition, and successfully completing every trial. It was when he confronted his Overseer about letting his tendency for favouritism that he sparked the notice of the higher sith, as it was him that the Overseer favoured. Vulkráth exclaimed how it went against the very meaning of having this selection process, and that it would only let come out of the trials as a weaker acolyte. A sith from the Inquisitors witnessed this confrontation, and told Vulkráth that he was right, and the overseer needs to be punished, the overseer was weak, it was not the first time his own acolytes have felt the confidence to confront him. Vulkráth humiliated the submissive overseer, scorching his face, leaving a permanent memorabilia of of his failures.

Xaen was then taken in by the Inquisitors, not as an Inquisitor, but trained as an apprentice, an assassin, an enforcer. He helped to maintain the laws of Korriban, was sent to capture or kill low profile targets, and be there as an Inquisitors right hand for whatever their own and Empire's needs are. He had been offered the title of Lordship two times before eventually accepting the title. The first was when he turned twenty five, his current Inquisitor master, said he had completed Vulkráth's training, and was 'knowledgeable' enough to obtain the title of Lord and the correct training to become an Inquisitor. Vulkráth declined, he stated he was not worthy of the title, as he then said that the title of Lord should not be so freely given to those who have simply had their basic training fulfilled, that it should be obtained similar to how one would obtain Darth, but on a lesser level; through something of great note and benefit to the Empire, the sith and their own growth into the power of the force. His master was surprised, but respected this decision due to Vulkráth's service to the Inquisitors. The second time he was 47, and it was when he questioned a Darth, and outlined the authority of the law to them. He did this without hesitation nor thought of that the one he faced was a Darth and of greater power to Vulkráth. If not for the Inquisitors present, then Xaen may have met a different destiny; alas this act was taken as a sign of bravery and great service to the Empire, rather than that of a foolish action. However, once again, much to the Inquisitors surprise, Vulkráth declined the title, as he stated that simply reminding an individual of the rules we follow is not something that the title of Lordship accompanies as a reward. However, the third time, Vulkráth was 60 years of age, for a sith pureblood, he would be starting to approach middle age; and at 60 years of age, Vulkráth became a Lord, and Inquisitor of the Sith Empire.

Inquisitor Vulkráth Xaen
    At the age of 60, Vulkráth became a lord, and Inquisitor. He was being sent to Tatooine, a crashed imperial cruiser was being secured by imperial and Inquisitorial forces, it was stated that a lord caused the crash, a fanatic about how the Empire is coming to and end. When Vulkráth arrived, he was stationed there for a few days, ensuring that the Inquisitors could do their job, and no external threats could make themselves present. On the fifth day, imperial intelligence reported to the Inquisitors stationed by the crashed cruiser, that a republic attack force was heading their way, with the knowledge that there was a crash imperial cruiser and several Empire forces stationed there. Instead of abandoning the ship, the Inquisitor leading the mission chose to stay and fight. They fortified their positions, and soon found themselves facing several squads of Republic forces, along with a couple dozen jedi knights and masters sabers drawn and prepared for the attack. The Imperial fortifications lasted longer than expected, cutting down many republic troops, before the jedi managed to cut a hole through into the main compound. Imperial and Inquisitorial forces all engaged in a deadly battle between the jedi and remaining republic troops, Vulkráth taking his share of the kill count, fighting alongside the secondary forces, who had turned into the frontline. Then, one of the temporary sentry towers went into a blaze, and in that moment, out of the fires stepped a figure, holding a double bladed saber, with a deep blue crystal, a woman, she had gray hair, some wrinkles.... But Vulkráth would never forget her face. Out of the flames, when it seemed impossible for her to still be alive, stepped Jedi Battlemaster Mazo Vanis, she was leading this attack force. Of course, Vulkráth was somewhat not surprised, he saw it as fate; returning to the world of his parents death place, and to now, confront the one who mercilessly killed them once again. She did not see him at first, but Vulkráth stepped over the corpses before him, ignoring all others around him, all the sounds gone, his world went slow again, his breathing remaining calm, but his eyes narrowed, and his hand gripped his saber harder, anger flowed through him like never before, the dark red aura radiating immensely off him, his eyes so hot and fiery, they glowed the hottest white. His calm breathing turned into an inhumane roar of pure anger, the Inquisitors, the imperials, the republic, they all turned to see this beast of rage as it charged towards the condemned. He played Judge Jury and Executioner, the sentence had been passed, this jedi was guilty. Mazo Vanis was old, yet still nimble and quick with her blade, she turned, a glimmer of horror, before blocking his demolishing saber coming down above her. Vulkráth was quick to change attack, going again and again, using the sand to blind her, charged force pushes to batter her, and debris around them to smash into her. Mazo Vanis attempted to block as much as she could, but could not maintain a strong defend-able stance with her saber, without taking a few hits. Vulkráth steps back, and assumed the form of Djem So; Mazo Vanis strikes with her saber, while Vulkráth brings his down hard knocking one end to the floor. Vanis thinks she has the upper hand now, bringing the other end of the saber down following through Xaen's attack, but Xaen remembered how she split her saber into two separate sabers, his hand on her sabers hilt, and a small click. Mazo Vanis let's her eyes widen, realising what has just happened, but realises too late. She feels herself falling backwards, holding half her saber while the other resides in Vulkráth's hands, in her moment of weakness, Vulkráth exploits this, lifting her body quickly, before slamming it down into a flat piece of starship debris. Mazo sits up, breathing heavily, a broken leg causing her too much pain to want to get up, her force power drained, she was defenceless and at Vulkráth's mercy. As Mazo sat up, Xaen placed his own saber and hers at each side of her neck, she looks up at him, and then remembers who he was, now in the same position that she placed Vulkráth's father. As she readies herself for what is about to come next, the sabers can be turn being sheathed. Vulkráth had thrown her saber to the side, and re-clipped his own to his belt, before turning around and slowly starting to walk away. The others look at him dazed, confused, both Imperial and Republic; what was this? Perhaps Vulkráth did not believe in revenge, perhaps he decided to do what she did not, show her up, show her mercy?...... No...... Vulkráth is sith..... If the Jedi begin to think they can show darkness, then he will remind them, why we sith are the Lords Of Darkness..... Vulkráth takes a few more steps, before turning around again, lifting the crippled Mazo Vanis in the air, his white eyes calmed down, so she could see into his eyes, and see that she was condemned to death 57 years ago. A loud snap can be heard, before it soon becomes apparent that her right legs has started to implode, soon the other leg does the same, then an arm, and so on. The Inquisitors soon realise why Vulkráth took a few steps back, they do this themselves, some taking cover behind the cruiser debris, imperials and other republic forces don't know what is to happen, but see the Inquisitors move to cover, and follow as appropriate. Mazo Vanis tries to scream, but nothing is heard under the immense pressure upon her body, her limbs imploding, before Vulkráth squeezes both hands tightly together, and an instant squelch and humongous shatter is heard, as Mazo Vanis is force crushed into nothing more than a simple ball of red paste, the flying debris of blood splattering the surroundings and Vulkráths face. He let's the remains dribble to the ground, and stands for a moment, looking at the spread out remains of Vanis, no emotion is seen, just a long stare into his reflection in her blood. The republic force take this opportunity to escape while the Imperial and Inquisitorial forces observe the scene. Two more days pass before the Imperial forces then leave the crash site, and no sign of any Republic forces are seen; upon returning to Korriban, Xaen is met by his master, and quickly taken into a room with several gathered Inquisitors. They repeat the same statements as before when offering him the place of Lord, but this time recall to the battle between him and Mazo Vanis. When finally offered his title as Lord and Inquisitor, Vulkráth Xaen nods, kneels before the gathered Inquisitors and accepts his place as Lord and Inquisitor for the Empire, stating he is now truly worthy of his place among the higher sith, now rising a Sith Lord and embodiment of law for the Empire.

Vulkráth Xaen used his title well, training other sith to become Inquisitors and rights hands of Inquisitors, maintaining law and order, bringing jedi and traitorous sith to justice, he was even able to execute a Darth in front of the Sith Academy to show the extent of authority the law has. He soon became a feared and powerful sith lord, as well as respected by those inferior, equal and superior to him. He served as an Inquisitor for seventy seven years, before the Zakuul invasion. Ten years before this invasion, Vulkráth Xaen was known as a High Lord, as with his Lordship, he turned down the only offering of Darth hood, because he knew he was not worthy, and instead accepted his place as a High Lord, those who are better than the typical status of Lord, equal and more powerful compared to some Darths of their current times, but not yet a Darth themselves.

High Lord Vulkráth Xaen had come, arisen from a poor orphaned child, and grown into a feared Lord Of The Sith, but now faced the problematic Eternal Empire, who had destroyed all he lived to preserve, and dissolved the order of Inquisitors he belonged to. Vulkráth Xaen took the next steps in his ascension through the power of the force, and power among the galaxy. He left his home of Korriban, traveled to the dead world of Ziost; leaving his ship on a mountain side while he ventured into the dead mist. He was going to restore the Empire, he was going to restore law, order and discipline to the Empire, he was going to restore law and justice to the galaxy.

The time of the Inquisitors was over, the time of Chóa had begun.....

<I will post more of this story, as stated it is part one, look for my posts in this thread, that will most likely have the next parts in them, so presented on these forums as 'Replies'. I hope you enjoy enjoy the stories I write, and that I thank those who take the time to read them.>

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Empor

You really could do with some lines between sentences and paragraphs on this, before I attempt to go any deeper.

The initial introduction to Vulkráth Xaen, for instance, should definitely skip a line before you jump to him being on Tatooine at age three.

Too much confusion over the Empires in the second paragraph.

Oh, and sign up for the Authors Open to ConCrit thread.

Ewok Poet and Empor like this.
  3. Empor

Empor Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2015
    Thanks for the reply!

After another read through, I couldn't agree more with your comment. I was more in a mind-set of just getting all my thoughts and ideas down before they left, as I read it now, it does seem to come across as more a jumble of words all put next to each other.

I may/may not edit this post to help make the read easy for the readers, but I will definitely ensure my layout for my future posts is farther improved upon.

Thanks again for the reply, and I hope you at least enjoyed the broad ideas and story of this post; if not, well my genre isn't everyones 'cup of tea'. ;)

Empor

Ewok Poet likes this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, I enjoyed the first twelve lines, and even though I had magnified my screen to 125%, I still could not go any further.

If you choose not to put spaces into Chapter One, I will have to start from Chapter Two if I review further.

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I've had this bookmarked and I knew that if I don't comment on it, Sith-I-5 will. While the story starts out great, just like every other thing I saw you write, the long paragraphs and some words that I could not recognise at first because of how they were spelled, they are a distraction. So, yes, this genre IS my cup of tea, your worldbuilding is gorgeous, but the may or may not...please, make it may. :) I want to leave a more detailed review.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  6. Empor

Empor Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2015
    Thank you again for the replies. When I receive time off work, I shall proof read the article again, make the major edits needed (e.g. spaces in between paragraphs, certain rushed sentences etc).

I shall make a repost below, as the editing system on current posts for me, seems to not co-operate with me for whatever reason.

Overall be expecting a 'refined' version in the near future!

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Interesting.

I note that at this point, you have only posted 18 times. The Private Messaging system does not work for newbies until they have done 20 posts, so it is possible that the perma-edit function that FanFic enjoys, is also waiting for you to do two more posts.

8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    If you need formatting help, just ask. WYSIWYG editors can be tricky before one gets used to them.