The Sith training??

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Behemiel, Oct 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Behemiel Jedi Padawan

Ok thanks to the movie and games like Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy we know how preaty much how a Jedi training looked like. So my question is, hoe does a Sith training look like? We know the the Sith like the Jedi have the tradition of one Master one student. In the case of the Jedi the student is called a padawan right. Does the Sith studnet also have some special name and does he have some special mark indicating his rank like the Jedi padawan hair style. Do they have special training groungs something like a Sith force Academy or something? And is the Sith Academy situated on one planet or every lurner and Master on a different planet? Next the light saber. Why is it red not thet I dont like I finde the red light saber totaly cool. Does it have something to do with the planet Illum where the creystals for the sabers are. Do the Sith have to make their own crystals as they dont have the possibility to get the crystal from the temple as it is protected by Jedi. Well Exar Kun had a bormal blue saber but Dooku had a red one. Did the Sith have some kinde of code like the Jedi or did they not? And did they have some kinde of ranks like lurner, Sith, Darth and Lord or something else?

Can any one help me and inlighten me in this matter??
  2. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    if you buy the game Knights of the Old Republic, there is some basic sith training on there.

and there should be more on its sequel, out in december.
  3. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    As Cobra pointed out, Knights of the Old Republic has pretty much an entire "chapter" dedicated to Sith training. Your character visits the Sith Academy on Korriban to either do some training or some clandestine undercover work. You get a good look at the kinds of training, ordeals and what Sith masters put their students through.

Of course, there's other good sources too.

The Tales of the Jedi series, particularly, Dark Lords of the Sith and the Sith War show a little bit about what it takes for a new student of the Sith ways to become a Sith and/or Dark Lord of the Sith.

A lit bit nearer to the OT is the Jedi vs. Sith comic series which shows Darth Bane's experience in setting up the rule of two and finding a new apprentice. His story continues in such things like the Bane of the Sith short story, etc.

Furthermore, Wizards of the Coast's Dark Side Sourcebook is a great source for all things Sithy.
  4. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    Woah!

I'm not a big comic reader, but with that much info I may become one!
  5. Rogue9-Horn Force Ghost

star 4
  6. Evil Incarnate Force Ghost

star 6
    A Sith student is simply an "Apprentice"! ;)

The Sith Code:
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Above Code is from the X-Box SW RolePlayingGame "Knights of the Old Republic"

The Known Ranks are as Follows

Sith Apprentice
    Sith Warrior
    Sith Lord
    Dark Lord of the Sith

The rank "Dark Lord of the Sith" is the one reserved for the Most Powerful/Leader of the Sith, all other sith must take one of the lower ranks.

I Hope you cleared some things up for you! ;)

if you have anymore questions about the Sith, PM myself or Genghis12! ;)

Evil.
  7. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Cobra...
    "I'm not a big comic reader, but with that much info I may become one!"

Well, most things Sith have pretty much been the domain of the comics for a long time now. Way back in the early 80's, we had Marvel Comics' Star Wars series explore the OT-era Sith and the transition from Palpatine to Lumiya and from Vader to his apprentice, Flint.

In Star Wars Galaxy Magazine #3, "Dark Star of the Empire" explored the OT-era Sith training as Shira Brie was sent to Korriban during the Battle of Endor to finish her training and construct her Lightwhip, the deadly instrument of the Sith.

From then on, the comics have tended to explore the Sith in good detail.

And on the opposite end of the timeline, for the early Sith, the "Golden Age of the Sith" and "Fall of the Sith Empire" give a good look into their culture. The story and art's not really up to par with the rest of the Tales of the Jedi series, but its still interesting reading.
  8. Evil Incarnate Force Ghost

star 6
    I think they should go deeper into the history of the sith! ;)

Evil.
  9. Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I agree. Maybe a comic/graphic novel or a few novels following the adventures of a young sith trainee. Kinda like a negative Skywalker story.
  10. ResurrectedPalpatine Jedi Youngling

star 1
    In Star Wars: Darth Maul (comic book fro Dark Horse) you can see Maul's Sith trial ( i guess thats what you would call it). Sidious walks in once he's finished with it.
  11. Darth-Dispicable Jedi Master

star 4
    In the Dark Side Source book it give a little info about Mauls' final training as well, as Ghengis stated earlier the DSS is a great resource for all things Sith.
  12. NenYim Jedi Knight

star 3
    In the Star Wars Diaries (for kids) ,there is one about Maul. It describes his training pretty thouroughly.
  13. Evil Incarnate Force Ghost

star 6
    In the Star Wars Diaries (for kids) ,there is one about Maul. It describes his training pretty thouroughly.

Since it's for kids, they didn't even scratch the surface.

Evil.
  14. Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dang, Wiggs is back....

But seriosly, Check out KotOR and KotOR II.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.