main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Sith Triad (A Round-Robin Proposal)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Zedd-Vega, May 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    *sigh* Here I am again, proposing yet another Round Robin idea. I didn't get much feedback on my last one, so lets see how this one goes...

During the time before RotS hit our theaters here in Ohio, myself and two of my friends formulated a few ideas to help "nerdify" ourselves to the movie that we would see at 12:00 am on a school night.

So, we came up with Sith names. Names we would refer to each other for the entire day known as "May 19th". With each name given, there was a purpose. With each purpose, there was a story.

So the names were created.

For the most knowledgeable of the three, we gave him the primary Jedi class of the Jedi Consular. His knowledge of Star Wars surpassed that of myself and my other friend by fathoms unreached. Given we had to be Sith-like, he adopted the prestige class of Sith Lord for the sake of the "characters".

For the strongest of the three, we gave him the primary Jedi class of the Jedi Guardian. His sheer size and strength was well suited for this "class". He adopted the role of Sith Marauder.

Finally, myself. More along the lines of second strongest, second-most knowledgeable. With that in mind, my friends granted me the class of Jedi Sentinel, a well-balanced class-mix of both the Guardian and Consular. My martial arts skills proved invaluable as our Consular friend referred to me as "light, stealthy, and quick, much like an assassin". I needed to hear no more, as I gladly took the role of Sith Assassin.

Our group was complete. The Sith Lord, Marauder, and Assassin had to decide upon a name. I offered "The Sith Triad" in a lunchtime conversation, and it stayed.

But then came the names. Controvery arose with my first choice of Darth Mandalore, but it was later changed to Darth Seraph.

A spelling controversy arose with our Marauder friend. He wanted to be unique with his spelling, so we offered him multiple ways to spell his name. Xerius stayed with him as well.

Finally, the Sith Lord of the Triad, decided to use the name of the Sith Lord in a FanFilm he had been working on for some time: Monthious.

So it was set, and Seraph, Xerius, and Monthious watched RotS and enjoyed it.

[hr]

Thus comes my proposal for the RR:

The Sith Triad embodied in the very SW Universe, in a Galaxy Far Far Away. It would be excellent to see them portrayed in a RR FanFic by multiple authors, or at least anyone willing to give it a shot.

There are some things I will be considering for opinions:

Timeframe:
    Original Characters:
    Canon Characters:
    Setting:
    Plot:

If anyone would like to help by either participating or offering some friendly advice, feel free to make your statements and comments known within this thread.

I'm hoping to gather a few authors to this cause.

ZV

2. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    A fellow Star Wars RPG player, I see. I'd be interested in hearing more about this idea, and what, exactly, you're wanting.

3. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    It wasn't an RPG type of thing, it was just for fun when my friends and I saw the movie. It turned into much much more afterward.

But as far as the story goes, instead of the "only two" rule, three Sith rule with equal power, each more powerful in one area than the other two. These three Sith do not hold hatred towards one another, and wish to conquer the galaxy (much like what Malak did in KOTOR 1)

I'd like the story to be run in a series of posts that would focus on one character at a time, describing what's going on in their mind, what they do to interact with the others, and what they plan on doing later in the story.

I'll be accepting a few OC's (Like Sith Commanders, Generals, Admirals etc) and possibly an apprentice to each one of the Sith in the Triad.

4. Jedi_Linewalker

Jedi_Linewalker Jedi Master star 2

May 1, 2005
    I was referring to the use of character classes, like Jedi Guardian, Jedi Counselar, Jedi Sentinel, Sith Lord, Dark Side (or Sith) Marauder, etc. I didn't think this was a project for roleplaying, just that you obviously read the gaming material, if you don't play it.

It sounds interesting, and I'll be glad to participate

5. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Oh yes, in that sense (having beaten KOTOR 2 multiple times as light and dark characters) that is where the classes came from.

And of course your participation is welcome. I'd like to hear some suggestions you may have regarding the timeframe and such for this FanFic.

6. Riptide572

Riptide572 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 20, 2005
    Hey, I love round-robin stories, and if you do decide to make one, let me know! I would love to be a part of it. Below I have some ideas for yah, I don't know if it's the same thing you have in mind, but if they are along the lines of what you are thinking of doing a story as, I hope they help you. Also, it would be great if you could give us all a little insight into each character. I think it's always a good idea in a RR story to write a paragraph or two telling about each's personality, history, strengths, weaknesses, race, age, etc. A little biography gives other writers insight into the characters they are writing about. It's so hard to post a chapter if someone reads a single chapter about a character(s). Anyways, heres some ideas I have for you.
    Timeframe: 5000-1000yrs before The movie saga. This is the sith in their prime, and there's always tons of sith and jedi whoopin on eachother. It's harder to write about force users during the movies or after them because you have to 'fudge' a few facts to somehow fit more sith in. Plus, a lot of the early era I mentioned is uncharted territory, giving you plenty of room to expand on the story as you see fit (new wars, races, planets, plotlines)
    Original Characters: Well, as this is going to be about the sith as main characters (I'm assuming) you're gonna need some Jedi as the enemy of your characters, expecially if you use the old republic as the basis.
    Canon Characters: Well, depending on where you place the story in the timeline there are plenty of options. If you have it around 4000yrs in the past, you could maybe have the sith lord run into a young Darth Revan... maybe they even taught him. 1000yrs in the past, they could know Darth Bane, the guy who instituted the "only 2 sith at a time" rule.
    Setting: Gotta love those dark sith academy style ruins. I don't know if you're into any of the Knights of the Old Republic games, but I did like the style of Academy of Darth Traya at the end... the whole architecture of the core looked interesting.
    Plot: This is the hard part, cause I don't know too much about your characters. You can go many different ways with this. I mean, will your characters fight one another? or are they sith loyal to one another (can a sith be loyal?). This could go many ways.

Anyways, I'd love to read your next post, and see what you think of my ideas.

7. Riptide572

Mar 20, 2005
    Hehe, sorry missed one of your posts...

These three Sith do not hold hatred towards one another, and wish to conquer the galaxy (much like what Malak did in KOTOR 1)
    Guess that answers my questions about if they'd fight eachother or not.

8. Riptide572

Mar 20, 2005
    So what do you think?

9. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    I think this sounds like a great idea for an RR, and Riptide's ideas sound good to me too. I agree, the story would best take place 5,000-10,000 years BBY, for reasons stated above. A note though: Lightsabers during this time were slightly different from those of modern times. Here's some more info I found on thelightsaber.com:

[image=http://www.thelightsaber.com/HistorySabers/SmallPics/Proto1SM.jpg]
    This unit comprised of a separate hip power pack, power line and saber hilt. Some of the unique features of this lightsaber is that they were typically carved from duranium. Making this a truly hand crafted weapon of the Jedi or Sith. The crystals used for these were also very crude and typically exposed.

If/When this RR is started, I'll be glad to add a chapter or two. I know a little bit about this time, so I can try to answer questions as well. Once again, great idea Zedd-Vega. I'll be looking foward to seeing it written out.

-Lord Zeron

10. Riptide572

Mar 20, 2005
    That pic looks cool, never heard of that old school lightsaber thing.
    The farthest I've gone back to is the Knights of the Old Republic series of games, and they are only 4000yrs back, so they have the full blown lightsabers by that point. Thank you for that picture though, that's cool!

11. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    Well, considering that 4000 years BBY, lightsabers were the small metal cylinders that we all know to be true lightsabers. KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are set 4000 or 5000 years in the past.

As for the Old Republic, I like that era very much, and I think it would be stable enough to introduce Seraph, Xerius, and Monthious.

As for knowing the characters, they are all mysterious, but I think I can add something so you know how they think/act/etc

Monthious is more of the knowledgeable one, preferring to use his mastery of the Force to get his point across. He is non-confrontational if he can help it, but he is hidden behind some personal demons (perhaps from a past Jedi mentor)

Xerius is an overbearing warlord type of character, trying to solve every problem with violence. Monthious tones him down some, using his "pacifistic" means, but Xerius is spiteful towards those who do not share his ideals. He forces his ideas upon others, and makes it seem that he is never wrong.

Seraph however, keeps all opinions to himself. He speaks to Monthious and Xerius about current affairs, and tosses in an idea or two, but his stealthy means do not appeal to Xerius who usually calls him a fool for not fighting head-on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.