main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends 'The Sith Wars: Book One: Invasion of the Mandalores'--NEW Chapter Updated May 9th, 2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JW-Titus, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004
    The 'Star Wars: The Sith Wars' Book series takes place approximately 1,000 years before the events of 'Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace'.

[b][i][u]Star Wars: The Sith Wars: Book One: Invasion of the Mandalores[/u][/i][/b]

[b]Chapter One[/b]

The angular shuttle emerged from hyperspace a short distance away from the night side of the lifeless, brown planetoid and swooped towards it like a hawkbat on the hunt. Red exhaust shot out of its dual engines in two comet-like tails that slowly faded into the darkness of space behind it. Nebula clouds of swirling blues and whites hung dim and still nearby; their eerie glow adding to the empty feel in this uncivilized sector of the galaxy. No one would have expected anything of significance to be happening out here in the middle of nowhere. Which was exactly what those that were there were counting on.

Admiral Ondi, Chief Commandant of the Vishovi Coalition's military forces, stood precise and rigid at the large view port in his personal chambers with hands clasped firm behind his back. His red uniform, with its golden shoulder tassels and black trim, was without crease and fit snugly on his tall, thin frame. Its gold buttons glimmered, the black, calf-high boots gleamed with a deep shine, and the dazzling display of metals on his breast drew automatic attention to themselves. His black hair, graying at the temples, was cut exactly to Vishovi military regulations and not a strand lay out of place. His thin, well-trimmed mustache was against military code, but being Commandant he was afforded some...[i]liberties[/i].

Admiral Ondi appeared the exact definition of a Vishovi military leader, and he acted with equal shrewdness.

His hook-nosed and thin-lipped face was intense as narrowed eyes inspected the moon-sized asteroid suspended in space outside the viewport. Pockets of light could be seen in clustered bursts across its surface, giving the impression of large cities populating the rock. But the concentrations of light weren't cities. They were vast ore mining camps.

Millions of slaves toiled down in the mines of the asteroid wearing low-atmosphere, low-gravity suits. These slaves lead perilous lives because the giant mining machines they worked alongside held no regard for their safety, and they often rolled or dug right over the slaves if they got in their path.

Several of Ondi's enemies were down there on the asteroid. He often thought about their plight with great satisfaction and a contemptuous sneer. They had learned the awful price of daring to get in his way, and would forever know that it was he that had bested them.

His attention drifted from the planetoid's surface to the large cluster of ore-refinery freighters suspended in space above it. These ships were rough in appearance without any hull plating or other outward cosmetics and looked like nothing more than criss-crossing, skeletal framings of pipes and beams. These ships had been built as inexpensively and quickly as possible, so they lacked hyperdrive engines and had only minimal life-support systems for their small crews. Functionality was their main purpose, not comfort.

Hundreds of shuttles ferried back and forth from the surface of the asteroid carrying cargo holds filled with the raw ore. They dumped the ore into cargo bays on the refineries, then returned to the surface for another load in a never-ending cycle.

As his shuttle sped over the asteroid's north pole and towards the dayside of the planetoid Ondi inspected yet another long train of cargo shuttles just below him. These shuttles picked up the massive sheets of durasteel made in the refineries and transported them back to the dayside of the asteroid; where they would be put to a very good use.

A twinge of pleasure tugged at Ondi's upper lip as he watched the endless machinations outside the viewport, and he stroked his thin mustache with a long finger.

"Your surveyors did

2. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Congratulations, Master Titus!
    Dreams of conquest and power.
    Business & greed.
    It appears that Ondi is controlled by the Sith and does not realize it???

Thank you! Congratulations on the launch of your new novel!

* Just who are you anyway?

3. DarthMathicus

DarthMathicus Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2002
    I hope it's as good as your Rots-novel
    but anyhow, I'll be enjoying reading this!

4. Darth_Mysterious

Darth_Mysterious Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    very interesting JW, A nice little start.

5. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    It begins at last! Man that was really interesting, I like the Sith Lord in this, chilling. Anyways, congratulations on getting this up!

6. deine_mutter

deine_mutter Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2004
    Good work!

7. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    JW Titus you are the man.

Sweet deal. I loved it.

Finally at last. One of the best holiday presents.

Thank you JW.

JH_505

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Very interesting and intricate start. I really enjoyed your descriptions and the detail of your plot. Glad to see you here.

9. Jedi_Hunter_505

Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2004
    Merry Christmas all ands have a happy New Year.

I will see you all sometime soon (whenever I have time).

Bye,
    Jedi_Hunter_505

10. Darth-Ari

Darth-Ari Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2004
    nice job JW-Titus, excellent work as always :)

11. DarthYoungling

DarthYoungling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 26, 2003
    :) Worth Waiting FOR! AWSOME Post JW!

12. Palpatine346

Palpatine346 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2004
    Brilliant as always, Lord Titus. Looking forwards to post # 2. Yoo da man.

P346

13. LadyWhilla

LadyWhilla Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Ooooooooo, very cool! Happy holidays JW.

14. RABE_2989

RABE_2989 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    brilliant absolutley brillient and im on page 1 yay yay

15. LordKnightDarthRPC

LordKnightDarthRPC Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2004
    Excellent!!

Can't wait for it to continue.

16. zenasaurusrex

zenasaurusrex Jedi Master star 1

Oct 11, 2004
    Excellent JW I cant wait for more.
    merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.

17. fist

fist Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2004
    WooHoo....

First Page.

Great work as always.

I cant wait to "See" more

Chris Bell

18. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Jaw Drops.

I guess something can rival the ROTS fan novel after 6 months. JW you struck again and I love it. It's good to intro Shi'Dow within the first chapter. The incorportation of the Gran was pretty good as well, since they are a favorite of mine.

-Moleman

19. Kevobi1

Kevobi1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2004
    We shall watch your career with great interest.

:)

20. JimmySizzleChest

JimmySizzleChest Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2004
    Happy Holidays to you too master JW. that was a wonderful gift on such a cold and dark night. P

21. Viceroy_Wagar

Viceroy_Wagar Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2004
    Wow awsome. I can't wait to see the Jedi though.

22. pashatemur

pashatemur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2004
  23. darth_s-cary

darth_s-cary Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2004
    JW,

Congrats on finaly getting Sith Wars going. I will have to actually sit down and read the post tomorrow as I am at work and don't have time to enjoy it right now. Thanks for all your hard work, you are the man!

24. Darth_Underwear

Darth_Underwear Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I got my Christmas wish and Santa hasn't even come yet!

Merry Christmas to all, especially JW!

25. SKYWALKER_INC

SKYWALKER_INC Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    JW:

That was a GREAT start to what I am sure will be an AWESOME series (maybe even a TV show)... ;)

Thanks for the WONDERFUL Christmas present!!! :)

NOTE: Everyone please remember the reason for the season...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.