main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends 'The Sith Wars: Book One: Invasion of the Mandalores'--NEW Chapter Updated May 9th, 2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JW-Titus, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great post.

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Things just get more and more tense here!

A sobering discovery for Logan, that the Mandalorian armor resists not only blaster fire but lightsabers, as well... I'd be worried, too.

I love the descriptions of how the sensors work inside the helmet, too--like a "heads-up" display. Very cool!

Can't wait to read more!

FF

3. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004
    Thanks everyone for your comments!! :D

I'm going to delay tonight's post until MONDAY so I can make it a little longer.

Thanks!

Stay Tuned!!!

4. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Can't wait Jw-Titus its just as thrilling as your Ep3 novel.

MASTER-OF-EVIL[face_devil]

5. ArgenPalos

ArgenPalos Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2004
    excellent again on your last post JW - keep it up!

can't wait for tonight's post....

6. JW-Titus

May 21, 2004

Chapter Ten, Part Two

?Duck down! Here?cover up with my robe,? Logan said.

Nervous, the Jawas obliged without hesitation.

The base was a bustle of troops and buzzing starfighters scouring the area for the fugitives, but between the speeder and the armor Logan was wearing they were paid little mind as they turned up a road leading away from the base and into the surrounding hills. They had gone a ways away from the base and it looked as if they would get to the ship without a hitch when, up ahead, Logan spotted a roadblock. Blocking the road were two heavily-armored speeders with large, rear-mounted blaster cannons. One of those deadly-looking tanks sat in the grass off to the right of the road, its long barrel pointed directly at their speeder--communicating its message loud and clear. Standing in front of the speeders were four of the armor-clad guards, one of whom was waving for them to stop.

?We?ve got company. Stay under the robe,? Logan said to the Jawas.

The frightened pair nodded their agreement, then ducked under the cover of the maroon robe at the foot of the passenger?s seat.

As he slowed the speeder to a stop a few meters from the intimidating guards, Logan wedged his lightsaber next to the seat for quick and easy access. The guard who had waved him down headed directly to the driver?s side of the speeder. The other three circled the vehicle slowly, all business with blasters at the ready.

?Where are you going all alone, Shocktrooper? What?s your business in this sector?? the guard demanded, his blaster poised for any sudden movement.

Here goes nothing, Logan thought as he drew upon as much of the Force as he could, then projected its influencing energy into the four guards? minds.

?You will let this vehicle pass,? he said, waving his left hand out at the guard.

Nothing happened. All four of the guards stopped and stared?their blank, visor-helmeted faces revealing nothing. These guards were not weak-minded. They were difficult to manipulate, and Logan had to strain to keep contact with their minds. He could feel his influence waning, so he dug deeper into the Force, drawing more of it into himself and projecting it into the guards.

The guard who had spoken to Logan began to lower his blaster.

?Move your vehicles out of the way,? Logan said with another wave of the hand.

Two of the rear guards moved over to the speeders, walking as if in a trance. They started up the speeders and moved them out of the middle of the road clearing the way for him to pass.

Logan breathed an internal sigh of relief. He began raising his hand to the throttle when a beeping erupted from the passenger?s side. The Jawas gave a yelp of alarm, then sprang up from underneath the robe, blowing their cover. Tadoo, bobbling a saucer-shaped object with flashing yellow lights on it as if it were on fire, jumped up onto the passenger seat and flung the saucer as far from their speeder as his little arms would allow. Logan watched the saucer tumble through the air, then skid across the grass and underneath the hovertank.

His grasp on the minds of the four armored guards evaporated instantly. Not wasting any more time with mind control tricks, Logan thrust his left arm out at the guard next to his door?sending the armor-clad figure flying backwards though the air. He slammed the throttle forward and the speeder lurched ahead. As it did, the guard standing behind their speeder opened fire.

Bolt after bolt whizzed past Logan?s head, some burning fist sized holes in the windshield. He looked back as they sped off to see the guard getting into one of the speeders, both of which were now moving back onto the road and giving chase. Even more worrisome, he noted that the barrel of that tank was spinning around to face toward them. One shot from that thing could end it all for them.

?What were you thinking?!? Logan demanded of Tadoo.

But before the Jawa could defend himself, an explosion split the night behin

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whew!!! **tries to catch breath and sits back to type**
    What a great action sequence here--escape and flight from the base, the battle with the Marauder (nasty "girls," those...), the narrowness of the escape into hyperspace with cruisers and fighters in pursuit... Wow... And those Jawas are proving to be at least a bit of help now, having those grenades/mines and knowing how to use them. And Darth Siv is just a "shudder," isn't he...? [face_worried] I sure wouldn't want to be assigned to his command ship!! **thinks about the poor beheaded bridge officer**

Great update, JW! I sure hope Logan makes it back home in one piece...

FF

8. ArgenPalos

ArgenPalos Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2004
    wow - what an exciting, rollercoaster ride that post was!

great job JW! thanks.

9. ImperialSpy

ImperialSpy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2005
    I read this entire fic through in one sitting yesterday, and before I run off, I wanted to say how wonderful this fic is! The characters are terrific and the plot is well-paced.

You can count me in as a regular reader, and if you do PM updates, I'd love to have them.

10. SKYWALKER_INC

SKYWALKER_INC Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    JW:

OUTSTANDING!!! This seems like the old days (before RotS). Love it! Keep up the great work ol' buddy!!! :)

Lord Darth Deceptious

11. JW-Titus

May 21, 2004
    Thanks everyone for your kind comments and support! :D

Another update coming later on this next week!

Stay Tuned!!!

12. Baby_Death_Star

Baby_Death_Star Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 12, 2004
  13. JW-Titus

May 21, 2004
    Thanks yet again for your kind comments, everyone! I'm really glad you found the "ride" of that last chapter thrilling! That's definitely what I was going for.

Baby_Death_Star--I'm glad you liked Ping and Tadoo. :D They're a lot of fun to write!

I'm hoping to have the next update ready by either Friday or Saturday. I'm sorry for the delay, but the next chapter is sort of just a set-up chapter, so I wanted to get the chapter after that finished and ready to post as well to move the story along a little further.

Thanks yet again for your continued comments and support!! I really appreciate it!!

Stay Tuned!!!

14. Darthwalker

Darthwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2004
    Where iz everybody? Where iz da post?
    Dw

15. JediStretch

JediStretch Jedi Master star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    WOW! The board looks different today. Anyone know what's happening? Any news on when the next update to the story will be?

16. Darthwalker

Darthwalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2004
    Have I missed anything this month? Have we moved to a new thread?
    DW

17. Baby_Death_Star

Baby_Death_Star Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Hi, Master Titus!

Happy 1st Anniversary of the completion of your "Fan Novel"! =D=

Any date planed for the next update of the "Mandalores"?

18. epians

epians Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2004
    I sent Titus a PM last week and have not heard back. Wonder what happened? Been a long while.

19. epians

epians Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2004
    JW has been dealing with real life stuff for awhile. We should have new stuff sometime soon. Keep the faith and keep checking back. HE PM'd me and let me know this stuff. PM him to let him know we look forward to his continued work!

20. JediStretch

JediStretch Jedi Master star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    Been a while since there was any activity in this thread. I've had a wild idea in my head for some time now, and think this would be a good time to try it. My idea is to do a reading of JW's novel here. Anyone here think it would be a good idea? I'd want JW's permission before I did an all out reading, but I'd like to post a short test reading, or e-mail it to any interested in hearing. The test is of the first paragraph of the story, narration, and a test voice for Darth Shi'Dow.

21. epians

epians Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2004
    I hope you go for it. I check back every now and then. My last post JW said something soon. That was 3 months ago.

22. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    Ah...a long time it has been since i've posted on theforce...anyways I can't wait for the next update! You do really put alot of time and effort into your writing so keep up on that JW! :)

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I just hope all is well with Master Titus.
    His writing is one of the few remaining brightspots on these boards, no matter how long he goes in between posts.
    ;)

24. DARTH_VEZ

DARTH_VEZ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    Where is everybody? Did this thread die? I only follow this and Jedi_Sharoes' Origin of Palpatine and both have been w/o posts for some time. I saw JW still logged on recently, which means he's not forgotten. I can only imagine how great a five-month long chapter will be!

Maybe he's gonna release the rest of the novel? Probably not, well, looking forward to the next post!

Staying tuned...

25. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.