main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends 'The Sith Wars: Book One: Invasion of the Mandalores'--NEW Chapter Updated May 9th, 2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JW-Titus, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
  2. Aiden_Sanic

Aiden_Sanic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2005
    Oh Dear, it seems Master Titus has... passed on.

3. DARTH_VEZ

DARTH_VEZ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    Wow, it has been over a YEAR since the last update. Not good...

4. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2004
    Rumor control Sept 9th! Wahoo! Here we go again!!!!

5. MandoJedi

MandoJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2007
    I've been reading this stuff for awhile, even before I have registered here. It is very good. :) Good descriptions, interesting chaarcters, the Mando, everything. :) I would like to read more soon. Please, keep up with the good work. [face_peace]

6. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Yeah its official Sept. 9 is the date for Titus's return.

M-O-E

7. DARTH_VEZ

Feb 23, 2003
    JW's exact words were Monday, September 9th, which is either an error or a cruel joke because the next time 9/9 is on a Monday is in the year 2013!

*Prays JW meant Sunday, September 9th*

8. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I'm going to have to push back today's update to Thursday, Sept. 13th.

It's a rather large one, so I just need a little more time.

Sorry!

9. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2004
    Ok...ok...don't get antsy...I think a lot of us remember how this works...you dole out the magic and we get big smiles on our faces.... It's cool no worries!

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Here's to hoping THIS is the week.
    I have no doubt that it'll rock.

11. DARTH_VEZ

Feb 23, 2003
    JW- Take all the time you need, I am sure this chapter will be worth the year + wait, and I'm psyched.

Btw, has word spread that he's back?

Staying Tuned...

12. JediStretch

JediStretch Jedi Master star 1

Dec 21, 2004
    He's back!!! WAHOO!!! I decided to check today to see if anyone had heard anything about him. I'm doing plenty of reading of the official saga books lately to do research into a story idea. I've started the "Legacy of the Force" series. Once it gets going, it sounds like it going to be good. Anyway, I could use a little diversion now and then from it and this would be perfect. Glad you're back JW, just make sure you keep in touch so we're not all hanging for over a year. Look forward to reading it.

13. SKYWALKER_INC

SKYWALKER_INC Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    It would seem the Sith have destoyed all the "masters" from within the shadows... [face_skull]

Darth Deceptious

14. JediStretch

Dec 21, 2004
    Nothing yet...darn!

15. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Master Titus - where are you???

16. DARTH_VEZ

Feb 23, 2003
    The only stories I really follow are JWs and Sharoes Palpatine one. Umm, yeah...

Am I a loser for still hopelessly checking??? haha

17. JediStretch

Dec 21, 2004
    No, I check about every other day at least.

18. JW-Titus

May 21, 2004
    Hello Everyone!!

I am deeply sorry for my extended absence and lack of posting new updates for so long. I want to thank all of you that continued to check this thread, and assure you that regular updates are coming back again.

In light of that, I just want you all to know that 'The Sith Wars' Will Be Returning With An All New Chapter Update On May 9th, 2008.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest.

Stay Tuned!!!

19. JediStretch

Dec 21, 2004
    Yay!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back JW!!! I look forward to the update.

20. JW-Titus

May 21, 2004
    Today's Update Will Be Tonight, No Later Than 5:00 p.m. PACIFIC Standard Time.

(Yes, I've moved out to sunny SoCal.)

Stay Tuned!!!

21. JW-Titus

May 21, 2004
    Once again I apologize for not posting an update for so long. And I thank all of you that have stayed interested.

Chapter Eleven, Part One

Darth Shi?Dow sat cross-legged on the floor; back stiff, eyes shut, forearms resting on his knees as he meditated on the dark side of the Force. Breathing slow and deep, he let his conscious self go and allowed himself to be immersed in the swirling torrent. The violent flow was waiting, always waiting, just within reach and as soon as he called to it it rushed to him eagerly, filling him with sweet, intoxicating power. He drank it up and reached out for more, always more, and it came to him as quickly as he could handle it. But it wasn?t enough.

He could call upon its burning cold power quickly enough, but he couldn?t maintain the level of intensity he so desired. There were times when he would achieve great bounds forward in his abilities and these pleased him, but it was never a big enough step. Shi?Dow was never satisfied and he hated his inability to get what he wanted as soon as he wanted it. He always craved for more. He wanted nothing short of complete control and unity with the dark side, and It would accept nothing less from him. His lust for power drove him deeper, deeper. The whispers on the cool wind of the dark side promised that he could one day achieve the control he thirsted for?the ability to hold on to such tremendous power indefinitely. It promised him this, if only he gave himself more completely to its will.

Only then.

He focused his mind and energy on the darkness surrounding him and willed it to show him the possibilities of the future. Slowly, the uncontrolled fury of the dark side swirled into a blur of a thought?a mental image of a memory that had not yet come to pass. The image seemed to flow as if liquid, melding from one scene to another before he had a chance to grasp what he was seeing. He narrowed his concentration, giving himself more to the dark side, and the images slowed enough for him to discern what they held.

Usually, the things he foresaw were greatly pleasing and showed the great triumph of the Sith over the Jedi, and all who dared to oppose them. They showed him wielding incredible power and endless rows of beings cowering in fear before him. They showed the great face of the galaxy blanketed by darkness as the New Age of the Sith came to be, and he saw himself spearheading the glorious movement through his wisdom, strength, and Dark Will. They showed him being praised as a god by disciples, and his followers hanging on his every word so that they might do his bidding.

Lately, however, the images and impressions had been quite different. Disturbing. Now, a faceless being repeatedly invaded his meditations.

The presence had been faint at first, almost imperceptible. For some time it had remained at the periphery of his visions, as if unimportant. Just some background figure of no consequence, or some event too far off to take any kind of solid representation. And so, he?d paid it little mind.

But it had grown stronger over time until it took on an almost solid form.
    And now, today, the faceless, hooded silhouette burst unbidden into his dark vision so that it was all he could see. Never before had it appeared so readily, so solid in form and presence. Taken aback by the intrusion, Shi?Dow was about to break off his meditations?but then he sensed something.

Steadying himself, he slowly began to prod the presence with the Force. The form exuded dark potential unlike any Darth Shi?Dow had felt! For a split second he thought the figure might be himself?that the dark potential he sensed was his own yet to be tapped, yet to be unleashed. But the whispers on the winds of the dark side quickly told him this was not so. It was not himself he was seeing, but someone else.

Someone he should be terrified of.

And then, just as suddenly as it had appeared, the being vanished without a trace.
    The soft beeping of his comm. console brought Darth Sh

22. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Welcome back, Master Titus!

You have been missed! Great update!=D=

23. DARTH_VEZ

Feb 23, 2003
    Am I dreaming?

*Pinch*

BRAVO

24. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I had to temporarily suspend my self imposed exhile so that I could say thank you.
    JW, what you do here... to me at least, is PURE Star Wars. No agenda, no money, no hype... just a love of the saga. I appreciate being able to read your work.

In words of Jeff Spicoli, you are: "TOTALLY-AWESOME!"

Thanks again.

25. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Its been a longtime but it was worth the wait, you sure your not a Sith JW, it seems you have the traits of one, hiding in the shadows and then doing an Order 66 on us readers lol. But i love the new update, this will be a read long remembered!

MOE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.