main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Sixth Installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by bburditt, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    I'm gonna have to call this one a tie.

EDIT: By tie, I was referring to the argument between Corran and SB.

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    the way I look at these two teams is this:

~Both sides are both top heavy, I like the top three of each team, as the top three picks have tremendous skill, and are extremely powerful in the force. That being said I am not overly impressed by the back side of either team.

~Both teams are fairly cohessive:

-----Windu has master/apprentice relationships in: Sidious/Maul/Lumiya and Malak/Bandon

-----2Best has master/padawan w/ Luke/Mara/Kam and like I said QGJ, as the 'grandfather jedi' of Luke will have no problem following him

cohessiveness is basically a push,

~Both sides have bm

Ultimately I think the darksiders have the edge in combat skills, which gives my vote to The Brotherhood of Darkness

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    We've all seen by now that Luke is superior to Sidious. And apparentley since Qui-Gon > Revan (Which I agree on about as much as letting JMR commission his own Draft), and Revan >>> Malak, we have to assume that Qui-Gon >>>> Malak. Bastila and Maul about equal in my eye, with the nudge going to Bastila. Add in Bastila's superior BM, along with better cohesion, and SB should take the win.

That's just the way I see it.

~Corran

4. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Finals! (Round 2)

Match 1: The Brotherhood of Darkness (EMPEROR_WINDU) (3) vs. Three Guys, Some Girls, and a Half-Dozen Lightsabers (SecondBest) (3)

Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Darth Malak, Sora Bulq, Darth Bandon, Lumiya

vs.

Luke Skywalker, Qui-Gon Jinn, Bastila Shan, Depa Billaba, Mara Jade Skywalker, Kam Solusar

Well, seeing how as this very well may be the last judgement of this draft, I feel it should have some time put into it.

Let's break this down into categories.

Force power: Both sides of this competition has some extreme talent. Sidious is the ultimate force power power of all the powers. Luke is not far behind. Malak, Bandon, both powerful in the force. Other than Luke, I don't think TGSGAAHDL has that much to show for force power in comparison to the awesomeness of TBOD.

Edge: Guitar player for U2, and The Brotherhood of Darkness

Skills: Let's give a little individual breakdown.

Darth Sidious < Luke Skywalker
    Darth Maul = Qui-Gon Jinn
    Darth Malak > Bastila Shan
    Sora Bulq < Depa Billaba
    Darth Bandon = Mara Jade Skywalker
    Lumiya < Kam Solusar

When you look at it this way, SB's team out classes TBOD in terms of sabre skill, and I agree with the individual rankings, because they are mine. I think the sabre skill of SB's team, is simply better than TBOD's team.

Edge: Three Guys, Some Girls, and a Half-Dozen Lightsabers

Experience: Again, Maul and Malak have more experience than their respective opponents, but other than that, SB's team has the experience advantage when it comes to fighting. However, it's not a huge advantage in the other four spots, with the exception of maybe Luke over Sidious. I find it hard to determine a clear cut winner in this category.

Edge: Push

Leadership: This category, again, is a push in my eyes. Sidious has absolute power when it comes to controlling people, and Luke is one of the best leaders of Jedi that ever lived.

Edge: Push

Cohesion: I am against Ghost on this one. I see a nice straight line in favour of SB's team. The lightsiders will just work better in this match than the darksiders. But we all know that I don't really care about cohesion.

Edge: Three Guys, Some Girls, and a Half-Dozen Lightsabers

Intangibles: This category is stupid altogether, therefore, let's just skip it.

Decision: This is a very close match. Both teams have their advantages and disadvantages. SB's team has the edge in the actual fighting part of the match, while TBOD has an extreme power advantage. What ultimately does it for me, is the huge difference in the third spot. Malak is leagues ahead of Bastila, and can hold his own, if not hold his own for a very long time against the top two of SB's team. I think if there was any other single pick that Windu made besides Malak, I would be giving the match to SB, but he is there, and he is intimidating, so that's why I give [color=green][u]Burd's Final Pat On The Bum[/u][/color] to.....

[u]The Winner of The Sixth Installment of the 2004 Jedi Draft:[/u] [color=blue]The Brotherhood of Darkness[/color]

[color=green]ON WITH THE DRAFT!!![/color][/b]

5. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    See you all in two weeks. I'll be back as a judge, if all goes well.

~Corran

6. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Congrats WINDU!

7. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    The Brotherhood of Darkness are the Champs!!!!

[image=http://www.americaswonderlands.com/images/Fireworks/P7040008small.jpg]

[image=http://www.americaswonderlands.com/images/Fireworks/P7040010small.jpg]

[image=http://www.americaswonderlands.com/images/Fireworks/P7040025small.jpg]

8. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Well, this concludes this installment of the draft.

I will see you all on Monday, January 17, 2005, for what will be the start of The First Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft. The next one will probably be my last commishing, and I have yet to decide on the format of this draft.

Feedback is welcome on this format from anyone who wishes to give it.

I would like to thank all 16 GMs for taking the time to make the drafting run smooth, and for making my job fairly easy.

And a final congratulations to EMPEROR_WINDU, you played hard, and you deserve the win.

SecondBest, I feel for you, but maybe next draft you can pull off a win.

I will now move forward to PM Strilo about giving you your colours.

Remember, don't miss the debut of The First Installment of the 2005 Jedi Draft coming to your local SWC on Monday, January 24, 2005.

9. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    "Malak is leagues ahead of Bastila, and can hold his own, if not hold his own for a very long time against the top two of SB's team. I think if there was any other single pick that Windu made besides Malak, I would be giving the match to SB"

Still regreting I didnt trade you Dooku, Windu? :p
    Oh and Congrats on winning! :)

10. Corran-Horn

Mar 16, 2004
    Looks like it's time to take another break and return to our lives...if you've got one atleast.

Congrats to WINDU and all the GMs who participated, it's been a fun draft. Thanks also to Burd for doing another fine job as commish. See you all next time.

;)

~Corran

11. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Congrats WINDU, you had a really good team. I actually disagreed with some calls that went for me, and it probably should have been Firke in the finals, but alas...I can't help but feel a little disappointed, but that's expected. Nevertheless, I was planning on judging next draft, but I don't feel much like it anymore, and I really don't have the desire to GM again, so I'll probably take a break from the drafts, or more likely, the boards. Don't quote me on this, though. I've been known to change my mind quickly.

EDIT: Hmmm...I had a really long sentence there. :p

12. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    See y'all in two weeks hopefully as a judge.

Hand

13. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    On second thoughts...I might judge. I told you I change my mind quickly. :p

14. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    And SB turns out secondbest in another draft. And WELL DONE WINDU!!!

15. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
  16. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Thanks for the fireworks Ghost!

First off, I'd really like to thank our judges and Commish...Without you guys this thing just wouldnt run smoothly at all. Especially with 16 GMs this time around it had to have been hectic at times!

I'd also like to thank SecondBest! What a bunch of good matches in the Finals... I felt it would go to three maches for sure, but it didnt. I have to say that you are the most deserving of the GMs who has yet to win a title...True class act. I really hope to see you in the Finals next go round :)

Of course all the GMs deserve applause for participating in such a controversey free draft... I think we did an exceptional job this time guys!

For some reason, I feel the need to pick out Saber_Leader and congratulate him on just being such a classy guy on the boards...You argue and never get offended or defensive...There is no GM I'd rather face. Now you can say you beat the champion! :D

Well I look forward to getting my colors, VIPship, and possibly the coveted Yoda Jedi Draft Winner icon!

I have one more thing to ask...Should we raise questions about next draft in this thread, or will another be started to handle that?

Great job guys, we should all be proud!!! :)

17. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Yes, it was hectic, everyone praise me!

18. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    I think the fill-in commishioner deserves some praise

19. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    Good job, Ghost. You're the only judge that judged the entire time.

20. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Congrats to EMPEROR_WINDU for a well earned victory! Everyone did a great job this time around and I hope you all had fun. The next Jedi Draft thread will be starting on January 24th...

21. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    Woops, sorry everyone, I am a complete idiot!

I didn't mean to say Monday the 17th at all, I meant to say Monday the 24th. The reason I want it to start on a Monday is because we will be waiting that weekend anyways.

So, yeah, Monday the 24th is when the new draft will start, my apoligies.

22. bburditt

Mar 8, 2004
    So, uhh, what did everyone think about the 16 GM two conference draft thing?

23. SecondBest

Jan 5, 2003
    It's a good idea and it worked, but it shouldn't be used every draft in my opinion.

24. Ghost_Jedi

Sep 27, 2003
    The positive was that it allowed to have 8 strong teams, the negative was as a judge there were many close battles that could have gone either way. Also the only other negative i thought, was that it made doing a round synopsis a little harder as the rounds went faster, and did not want to judge jedi will they were still on the board.

I think the +'s >>>> -'s

25. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Let's do an All Star Draft!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.