Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by bburditt, Nov 21, 2004.
Do we have enough gm's yet?
We have enough GMs.
Just waiting for the formalities to be done.
First off, congrats to WINDU and tough luck to Best. And thanks for the vote of confidence.
The format had some good parts to it and some bad parts.
Good parts: More GMs, stronger teams on the whole
Bad parts: Less rookies, longer draft, less parity
The problem with having 8 teams in a conference is that you can tell after drafting who was going to contend (at least, I could). The only call I really missed was KEVIN coming in where he did and Madine finishing lower than I expected. Last draft, while I could tell who would make the playoffs, after that I thought 7 out of the 8 had a legitimate shot at making the finals.
Also, I'm a bit troubled by the lack of rookies in this. We had Jim and KEVIN, and me (technically). That's less rookiees than last draft with 4 extra spots, even with at least 2 vets on the outside wanting to GM. I don't know if there's a clear solution to this, but I think it's something to look into. Possibly holding 3-4 slots specifically for rookies?
Hopefully a few people from EUC will migrate over here when this next one starts up.
Oh, and add me to the line of people wanting to judge next draft. Looks like it'll be a vicious fight for those 2 (or 3) spots, between me, Hand, Corran, Best, and somebody who hasn't announced yet and will do it just to cheat one of us out of a spot.
EDIT: If there is an allstar draft, it should run concurrently to the draft thread, not instead. WINDU, Madine, Corran, SL, Suzuki, and Ghost give us 6 active champs, plus Horax and Best (gets a slot for being runner-up twice), gives us 8. Still, that would take long enough that it would be better to run it as a sideshow to the main event--the full draft.
For some reason, I feel the need to pick out Saber_Leader and congratulate him on just being such a classy guy on the boards...You argue and never get offended or defensive...There is no GM I'd rather face.
Thank you Hopefully I can have another shot at you next draft.
Now you can say you beat the champion!
Not quite as nice as being the champion, but it'll do.
It seems WINDU is the reason I can't win a championship. His judgment in my first finals, and now this draft.
I wouldn't count too heavily on an all-star draft the next draft.
I want seven active winner's and Horax, no more, no less.
Obviously, Madine would have first dibs in that one, as he won twice.
Anyways, not next draft.
Oh, and in response to Firke, I don't see how it is a flaw on the format if rookies didn't sign-up .
What about Best?!
I just randomized my numbers and compared them to WINDU's; I would have lost two straight matches in teams, so I don't feel that bad.
Anyone else notice the general apathy after awhile in this one? Maybe it was the judges, who tended to be a bit predictable, but the things that would have been huge in previous drafts--Vader vs. Yoda, Yoda vs. Sids--weren't that big this draft. I wonder if that could be fixed again, but I'm not sure.
hi , im the new e_s .!
Congrats Windu you had an excellent team, obviously. Now if people get bored with no drafts they can check out the SFD in the EU community
Oh, and if you guys care, here is how the third match would have played out these finals:
Darth Maul vs. Bastila Shan
Sora Bulq vs. Qui-Gon Jinn
Darth Bandon vs. Kam and Mara
Lumiya vs. auto-loss
Darth Malak vs. Depa Billaba
Darth Sidious vs Luke Skywalker
It definately would have went to teams, but the fate would have depending on Maul vs. Bastila.
SecondBest just sent me his numbers, here they are:
The only thing I didn't like about this draft is that people all of a sudden neglected to post for about two weeks. It made my job really boring.
Tonight has been fun though./>
Congrats to Windu and I'll be back for the next draft, you can count on it.
1. Darth Vader
3. Luke Skywalker
4. Darth Sidious
6. Mace Windu
Discuss these matches and determine the winners.
The name of the first team is:
Dude, Where's Burd's Sleek Sexy Half-Dozen Deacons of the Klan?
Suzuki_Akira shows to be the successor of Vodo, using the Force imbued jo staff to teach the opposing team a thing or two about unorthodox weaponry.
Congrats, Windu. Awesome job!
Hopefully, I'll be able to squeeze in for the next draft. That way, all you guys complaining about there not being enough rookies will be happy.
::Walks up behind Suzuki and clanks him over the head with his shovel, rendering him unconscious::
Not this is unorthodox weaponry!
::Walks casually from the thread::
I think that Moron/solo could take Yoda/Revan and burd could take Mace, but the other 4 would lose. Decision goes to "TEH UBER PWNAGE!!!!111!!!1one" over Dude, Where's Burd's Sleek Sexy Half-Dozen Deacons of the Klan?
Okay so what's all this talk about an All Star draft. And so now we have to wait two weeks. Right?
Congrats on the victory Windu. You have proven to be a great GM.
Tough luck SecondBest. I have a feeling you will forever live up to your namesake.
In all seriousness hopefully you can win it one of these days.
As for me I will try and read this whole thread in the next couple of days and then decide whether I will become a GM again or not.
*spins around and intercepts the shovel with a hard side parry, and slaps Corran with a deft hand reversal smack, spinning away and out of range*
::Wonders what Suzuki is talking about as Corran already left::
It seems the curse has been well and truly broken. Yay on striking a blow for the Dark Side and hope to see you back
It's been a great draft.
Here are some of the things people said . . . Who posted the following?
- "My grammar is absolutely horrid in this post."
- "I want to have Nomi Sunrider's love babies"
- "I have came to a realization that will shock you all. . . Jocasta Nu is better than Luke Skywalker."
- "OMG LUEK SI TEH BESTEST HE CAN TAKE TEH UBER EVERYONE!"
- "Revan > Luke Skywalker"
- "Revan can only kill one person, and that is Edgar Allen Poe."
- "I would take Luke alone over most of your entire teams."
- "POOF > LUKE!"
- "But I digress. I am giving Corran-Horn a headache"
- "Ah well; at least it's not a notable essayist I have to fight next."
- "Vodo was not the Yoda of his day."
- "Darn skippy!"
- "bburditt is lovin' the green dude"
- "Tiin is the antichrist, and all those who draft him will perish."
- "Oh, and there is no way in God's green galaxy that Malak could take Revan."
- "Vader currently owns the boardwalk and a hotel"
- "a deal worth reportedly 47 blue lightsabers taken from the cold, dead fingers of Jedi Knights"
- "Ive seen spamming before but Pellaeon-Firke is just being sick."
- "This isnt spam, I just like to whistle!"
- "Nah...that would make sense. Can't have that."
- "Sarcasm would be appreciated if it was more detectable."
- "Nemmy-kins! I think someone needs a nappy-poo!"
- "Leave my protege alone!"
- "I was winning this Draft before you even showed up"
- "I might just have to get back in the fray as well, and get myself some retribution."
- "The dead horse is in powder now!"
- "Anakin has been the one kicking the aforementioned noun."
- "He done teached him good, dadgummit!"
- "I wouldnt mind fighting Burd, ya know, just for the exercise"
- "In the interests of my cat, I think we should look at that match again."
- "I'm talking about the kind of magic like chocolate sprinkles on a chocolate milkshake."
- "BUT WE'RE TALKING PRIMES, BABY!"
- "Obi-wan > Qui-Gon + Jar Jar"
- "HAHAHA. HA. HAHAHAA!!!!"
- "Kevin is now the Jedi Draft Trend Setter and may type in bold in all his posts"
- "Hey, Mr. Cochran, I've got a case for you."
- "Fig, shoot, and consarnit."
- "Kun just got stopped"
- "Those Assassin droids were pretty gnarly."
- "Exar Kun will have to take counselling and write a book about his experiences now"
- "Kun would simply spank Maul from here to next Tuesday."
- "WINDU got post number 1337! He's t3h ub3r, d00d!"
- "I'm an impatient human being"
- "Luke is the most whiney person ever, and can't fight his way out of a paper bag."
- "NANANANA BOOBOO YOU CAN'T CATCH ME!"
- "I'm looking forward to wiping the floor with your whiny farmboy, your psycho flyboy, your snooty jedi girl, your wussy jedi kinden, and your cranky jedi woman."
- "When you correct grammar on these boards, it is only a sign of desperation"
- "Tradition, boredom, +1, upping the thread, needling the commish, punishing Corran when he gets on by making him scroll through 69 rows of ones, etc."
- "Oh well, it's only a game"
- "This is still going on?"
My sincerest apologies to anyone whose comments I've taken out of context for the sake of a cheap laugh