main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Size and Scope of Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Wasn't it AOTC that started off the whole lightsaber form thing with some background info on Dooku saying how he was a master of an ancient form of lightsaber combat or something, and also his line where he differentiates between "mastery of the Force" and "skill with a lightsaber"?

As for Vader, I don't think it's that Kanan is somehow not a threat...I mean it's not like there's lots of Order 66 survivors running around the galaxy. I think it's just more that Vader is the sort of villain who lets his minions do the dirty work most of the time...hence the Inquisitor.

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It might simply be that Vader is preoccupied with overseeing the construction of the Death Star.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    That's Tarkin's job, not Vader's. Vader would probably go stir-crazy in a position like that.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, true, but his boss Palpatine ain't the kindest of guys, so :p
    Now, I haven't read any of the new EU, so I might be wrong, but with the old EU out the door, maybe it is Vader's job now?

5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    As many talents as Vader has, I doubt logistics and paperwork are part of them. Oh, and he'd also go crazy because of boredome. Crazy Sith Lord = bad idea. :p

CoolyFett likes this.
  6. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Boggles the mind that people don't want to see the real Darth Vader actually doing work on the Jedi.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Perhaps you should qualify this... Anakin/Vader was effectively defeated/bested by Kenobi on Mustafar and pretty much left to die. Would you disagree that Anakin had fully embraced the power of the darkside at that point?

Meh, it would work as a limited series. Otherwise it would get repetitive and boring. IMO, there are only so many story lines you can do chasing people before you start doing the same things. I don't really see the appeal myself to wanting to see Vader chase after Jedi though, and I certainly don't see Vader acting effectively as a hound for Palpatine to find and exterminate the Jedi. Especially when they established that the Inquisitor is doing the same job.

Toonimator likes this.
  8. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Vader has better things to do on Palpy's orders than to chase down whatever few Jedi's that aren't in hiding. I wonder how many times he pops up at the Death Star construction, or even how many times he gets paired up with Tarkin to do "important Empire business", given that the Tarkin novel implied that Palpatine makes a habit of pairing them together as his favorite attack dogs more or less.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    :rolleyes: Figures Tarkin would join Vader as attack dog. Pathetic. :p

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    It will happen that one Jedi or two pose a serious problem for the Empire and as soon as it does I want to see Vader eliminate them.

11. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    That I can get behind... a couple Jedi that are actually doing some seriously major things, far beyond the scope of the Specters and particularly Kanan & Ezra. General Kota-style stuff, forming actual--if small--armies and maybe causing problems in multiple systems.

That could make for an interesting story... the Specters encounter this larger, organized, and very public rebel group in another area of the galaxy, and maybe they aid them and debate joining up, making a big difference, until Vader shows up. Kanan & maybe others in the group might have an idea of his reputation, or perhaps Kanan or Ezra sense or firmly know he's way beyond them and they have to force a retreat, leaving the larger group to its fate. It could let Kanan & Ezra learn to be more cautious with displaying their powers, let Hera know that they need to be more secretive as well, and that a much larger & more mobile and hidden a network is required to stand up to such might, one working more in the shadows than brazenly out in the open like the now-dead Jedi's organization.

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    There is the distinctive possibility that Sidious may have designs on a new apprentice since Vader was defeated and broken. Maybe another reason why Sidious lied to Vader over killing Padme and thus the unborn children, keep him mis-directed. Some of these Inquisitors could be out searching for Padme's kids all these years and another reason the children of the Force are being abducted and programmed to be Sith acolytes as one day they find the child of the prophecy(Ezra could be a candidate). Anyway, Sidious seemed to have learned from another source that Luke Skywalker was out roaming around, and Vader tried playing dumb. So once Vader learned Sidious lied to him, it may of ignited old thoughts of overthrowing his master but he'd need someone younger and more powerful , an apprentice. Sith seem to mentally constantly verge between slave submittance to treacherous revolt against the master in seeking of dominance. These Inquisitors are present to safe guard Sidious from even Vader's treachery as much as to prevent the return of the Jedi.

13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The idea that Palpatine immediately wanted to replace Vader is dead. DEEEEAAAAADDDD. Read the Tarkin novel or the preview to Lords of the Sith if you don't believe me. Vader is very valuable to Palpatine and he even planned to involve Vader in his dark future darkside plans of his.

The story group has spoken.

That's exactly what I meant!

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Even Dooku was valuable for so many years(and prior to AOTC as he was already an early ally of Palpatine's going back to before the war) until someone better came along in the form of Anakin. Once Luke was there, Vader was gonna go the way of Dooku. The scene in ROTS of Anakin slaying Dooku was a direct comparison, and scene used in SOD between Maul and Dooku was another, and even Talzin's tale of betrayal and abduction of Maul was yet another. Sidious eventually discards his apprentices once they become useless to him(in his mind) or there is a better potential prospect initiate to serve his needs. Sidious has no plans of stepping down as Sith Master or dying as he too sought what Plagueis supposedly could not obtain, immortality. And he could live through others by his influence of domineering the lives of billions under his dark embrace which could be like another form of immortality maybe akin to Tom Riddle's in Harry Potter or something with the horcrux and living in the body of another being. We don't know and the EU has Palpatine also seeking immortality through various means.

One of the reasons for Sidious salvaging Vader's broken body was cause he did not want to make same mistake he made with Darth Maul.

CoolyFett and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    How then do you explain that Palpatine wanted Luke dead in TESB? And please don't tell me "he was always planning to go along with Vader's plan". The truth is that Palpatine was simply content with the situation and thought Luke was a threat.

Palpatine only wanted to replace Vader in ROTJ when Vader had gone soft and traitorous.

Before that, he really had no reasons to complain.

In Tarkin novel he wants to eternally rule with Vader at his side. That's the only EU that counts here.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

When does the next one come out.

17. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    *Shakes head*

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    March 3rd, 2015 according to Wookiepedia and Amazon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Servants_of_the_Empire:_Rebel_in_the_Ranks

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Rebels-Servants-Empire/dp/1484716442

What's up? Everything okay?

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Vader doesnt have anybody, he's alone and living a life of torment and paying for his sins trapped in that suit and life of servatude. All he has now is his anger and Sidous. Obviously Sidious had no plans to rule forever with cyborg Vader at his side, the the events of TCW/SOD(which in turn effect the narrative of ROTS) and ROTJ all make that clear. He could feed Vader all the false promises(which began back at the Opera house in ROTS and even throughout the CW era filling his head with ego boosting nonesense to push him towards the darkside) and diatribe Vader wanted to hear or didnt want to hear, made no difference. Sidious is a great deceiver(i.e. a liar). So your issue is with story group and canon. Cyborg Vader is like another character altogether, potential and power is different . Cyborg Vader appears to be a a near content Sith Apprentice, Pre-Cyborg Vader expressed a desire to overthrow Sidious and rule with Padme and Obi-Wan his new Empire. He seems to have saw his one chance at becoming Sith Master with Luke, but once that fell through Vader by ROTJ cannot and would not directly break the control of Sidious' darkside holding over him. So whatever his ideas back in ESB were, they were squashed once Sidious became personally involved and Vader looked content to be replaced. It took him a long while to break free of Sidious' control over him and save Luke. He didnt express any surprise or anger towards Sidious, Vader was a weakened mechanical slave with not much prospect of returning to his former glory.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Very well put you won yourself a follower.

Vorax likes this.
  21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    SI: Thanks, yeah. Cushy just tires of the endless 'canon wars'. [:D]

TheSilentInfluence and Vorax like this.
  22. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    It's inevitable given how people feel about EU/Legends.

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't see why. Nothing is more valid than anything else in point of fact it's all subjective to individual tastes. If some want to only follow canon great but telling others only X is valid because of a label to shut them down is NOT cool.

24. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    You're right, it isn't cool when you shut someone down because they like the EU/Legends. If everything was subjective then there would be no canon for the franchise. Canon gives a common source material to pull from for discussions that are accepted by the creators/story group/Lucasfilm and helps to frame discussions. Nothing is stopping someone from liking it or putting it in their personal canon, but when discussing things in the franchise, using the EU/Legends as a supporting point in a discussion becomes suspect in how it can be judged to be important or related to the events that have occurred in canon.

On the point about Tarkin, I thought the novel was considered canon. Was I mistaken about that Darth_Pevra? I haven't read the novel, which is why I ask.

Darth_Pevra and spaulagain like this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Tarkin is part of the new canon.

jabberwalkie likes this.