main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Size and Scope of Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    In general, the Sith are all about utilizing a resource for as long as its useful. There is no remorse, no nostalgia, no loyalty. As soon as Dooku was defeated by Anakin, and proved himself to be no longer handy, Sidious replaced him. Sidious rebuilt Anakin/Vader simply because he was the best, most reliable option at the time. If/when Vader ceased being useful and a suitable replacement became available, there can be no doubt that Sidious would have replaced him as well. Vader was around and included in Sidious' "Ten Thousand Year Plan" (as I call it) simply because was the only option to help further the cause.

Depending on one's interpretation of lines in Tarkin, Vader might have also been "bait" for Sidious' larger goals involving the dark side of the force. Make of that what you will.

Before Vader recognized that he had offpsring, he was probably the best type of apprentice. He essentially had no ambitions and nothing to live for except serving his master and the Empire, at least according to canon sources that I've seen. Once Luke is discovered, I think Vader realizes he has a chance at a legacy. He can overthrow the Emperor and have his son serve at his side.

However, the Emperor eventually recognizes that Vader has become ambitious. Also, Luke now be a suitable replacement for Vader. Sidious now has both an impetus to replace Vader and a choice in who serves as his apprentice.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Evertime Tarkin is referenced it brings joy to me that book is great.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    My issue isn't with the story group and the canon, but it seems you have an issue with them!

Like I said: In the Tarkin novel it is stated that Palpatine wishes to rule forever with Vader at his side (and it is not a piece of dialogue but Palpatine's private musings). Do you think me a liar? I'm not that mean-spirited and petty.

Of course Vader wasn't surprised at Palpatine's betrayal. He just wanted to betray Palpatine himself! There are other possible interpretations than yours and it appears as if the storygroup has different ideas.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

What I think of this is just don't start Cannon debates or whatever just leave it be even if it is a fact.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well then he shouldn't defend his personal theories about characters with tooth and claw while the same time calling other posters liars!

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I was talking to both of you not just you and I agree.

7. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    I'm pretty sure Ghost and its crew are hanging out at Lothal for a specific reason, which is ordered of them by the Rebels. This also gives time for the early characterization.

It's probably moon shaped. :p

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh no. Of all the things from the movies, the Death Star is the one thing I do not want to see in Rebels. It's been done to death. What we need are standalone stories, not more cheap links to the movies like what we got at the end of ROTS :rolleyes:

jabberwalkie likes this.
  9. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    We definitely need more cheap links to the movies. Bring on Han and Chewie next! And also Wobba Fett.

CoolyFett likes this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Canon wars have been going on forever, long before Disney showed up, bought LFL and decided to draw a line under the pre - 4/25/2014 EU.

But once Disney did do that, the canon wars went into fricken hyperdrive. A new paradigm of bitterness and vitriol was reached, and continues.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    I overall don't have a problem with "cheap links" to the movies, though I do feel the Death Star should left out for the time beginning, it seems too early for it, at the moment.

12. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    The Death Star should be saved for the last season, but I'd prefer a story about it over anymore cargo runs and smuggling. The recent Lando episode was good, I'm just a bit bored with the theme of them slipping info or cargo passed the Empire.

CoolyFett likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If it is part of the plot I would say last season.

Toonimator likes this.
  14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I really want to see episodes showcasing the two imperial officers that were arguing in the war room in the Deathstar I. Vader choked one of them. They both had a lot of personality and they seemed to capture the attention of the other officers sitting at the table for that brief moment. Now im not the biggest fan of Rebels using the main characters of the OT, especially Luke, they need to stay clear of Luke with Ezra as their star. But the main generals on Yavin and Hoth need to show up and be fleshed out. Im referring to the old general who came up with the plan of how to destroy the Deathstar and the general Han told he had to leave on Hoth. We as fans should see those 4 guys in the show, im not sure their names though. Leia would be cool to see once or twice, same with Han, but Luke should never show up in Rebels.

15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Decided to post this here as well for CoolyFett.

I think you are failing to recognize that TCW was directly tied the characters and events in the PT. Rebels shares no direct character connection with the OT trilogies, and the show is currently in a completely new location (Lothal) for the franchise. I don't see how you are getting that this show is "an OT show" when it is very much its own story. Care to explain?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    CoolyFett

I agree. I think where Rebels has a real opportunity, beyond the development of the current cast, is in the enhancement of the stories for those characters that mostly just sat in the background of the movies. Admiral Motti, Carrlist Rieekan, Jan Dodonna...etc. These guys all were important leaders in their respective organizations, but weren't necessarily important to the story shown in the movie.

It would be sort of what TCW did with Wullf Yularen. Before TCW, Yularen was just an guy in a uniform suiting in an conference room on the Death Star in ANH. He had no lines. He was really just part of the set.

After the TCW, you know that guy in the background had fought in the clone wars alongside Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and had served in the Republic Navy even before the outbreak of the Clone Wars.

darklordoftech and CoolyFett like this.
  17. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Its an OT show in the OT era.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Still what small characters do you want to see.

CoolyFett likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Is it? 5 years before the movies?

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I think people forget that the era is the dark times not the OT.

whostheBossk and jabberwalkie like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Seems so.

22. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Id have to wait for it to come Netflix, but i described them, I just dont know their names. I think the font under me said all their names. Id have to really go to wookipedia and post links. But if Rebels stays focused on just the 8 main characters it isolates me from really getting into it, luckily from what I have read Filoni and crew are not doing that. Not only are they referencing what happened in TCW, they mention events from the PT and we see OT and PT characters. This is a good thing. As long as Luke Skywalker doesn't show up, Ezra is the Luke character of this show. People dont like to admit they are fans of certain parts or eras of Star Wars. Its why some fans hate all things PT -Clone Wars....they dislike what that era represents. The Rebels show is their happy place because the you see stormtroopers, imperial officers, tie fighters, star destoyers, Lando, spiritual Yoda, a Greedo species character with the Lobot headgear etc, but then you see 3po, R2 and Bail who are PT Clone Wars characters. Rebels may be that perfect mix to connect all 3 presentations. PT, OT and TCW.

23. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Dark times is the OT, it why the Rebels were fighting

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

We could see how Lobot met Lando.

25. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Wait, Cooly are you saying you haven't even seen Rebels?

CoolyFett likes this.