The Sketch That Just Won't Go Away...

Discussion in 'New York City, NY' started by StarFromIHJ, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Congrats on making it to the DVD!
  2. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    Great. My most embarrassing moment caught forever on DVD. Just keep losing that weight dude.
  3. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    So whos up for setting up a table and doing a dvd signing? lol
  4. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm up for it. Heck, I'll even grow my beard and dress as a Jedi if you want.
  5. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    Great, now I have to buy the DVD.

Is anyone sure that we are on the DVD?
  6. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I am definately buying the DVD. My father happened to see Triumph on Jay Leno last night and he thought he was very funny. He wants to see the DVD. LOL. He was asking me questions about Robert Smeigel. I think he has a new fan.
  7. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You guys should crash Conan's show sometime. I would love to see that!
  8. BellaSabrina Jedi Master

star 4
    Not sure if you guys are on the DVD or not.....I can find out when I'm at work next.
  9. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'll have to import it even if it were just for sentimental values. Great, I can annoy people in two contries with stories of being ridiculed on television! :)

You guys don't want to know what my Dad thinks of the sketch! :p
  10. Mayhem Jedi Master

star 4
    So wait...they are actually doing a DVD? I thought it was only a Triumph music CD coming out? You guys never fail to confuse me....lol
  11. Nillanator Jedi Knight

star 2
    I thought it was just a music CD too. They were talking about songs Triumph did about J-Lo's butt etc...LOL I think they just showed various skits as an intro for Triumph.

How about we invite Truimph to EmpireFanFest to have a "reunion" with some you guys!! ;)
  12. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How about we invite Truimph to EmpireFanFest to have a "reunion" with some you guys!!

LOL Laura,

thats a great idea :D
  13. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    HAHA! I like that idea!!
  14. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Just letting everyone know the Triumph CD/DVD is HORRIBLE.

The only thing worth watching was Blackwolf sing a song about himself while Truimph make jokes inbetween. Only references to our sketch were Nerd of the Rings and You will die alone.

It is barely worth it for me to poop on.
  15. DarthGyos Jedi Master

star 4
    Today on 93.9FM (upstate NY) they had an interview with Robert Smigel and Conan Obrien. As you might guess, it was focused on Triumph.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

I'll leave out the gory details, but Conan said that the SWline skit was the "funniest 10 minutes on Tv in 5-8 years", and poked fun at Zippy (Vader)

Damn.

~DG~
  16. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Nillanator Jedi Knight

star 2
    I laughed so hard the first time I saw it, I had tears running down my face!! Even if I hadn't known a bunch of you in the skit, it still would have been just as funny.

;)

Laura
  18. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    The suggestion to invite Triumph to EFF has been made by several people and it's a great one. :D However it would be a logistics nightmare. Those who were involved in it know that Triumph comes with quite a behind the scenes crew who would pose a safety issue with long cords and equipment.
  19. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    We could bring EFF to them. We could go to the show dressed in costume and probably get some airtime. If they interview us we can promote the con. ;)
  20. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    Soo, I went into Radio Shack today to buy some batteries. I walk in and what are they talking about, the Triumph sketch. I stop dead in my tracks and look at them. The guy that actually works there asked if he could help me and I said "I just overheard you talking about the triumph sketch, I am actually in the sketch". He asks me if I was Darth Vader and of course I answered no that I was only in the background. I told him that I know everyone in the sketch. LOL.

I just thought I would share my little brush with Triuph.

It will NEVER DIE!!!!
  21. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope... It wont.

My brothers, Brothers and sister has even recognized me in that and they have only met me like 2 or 3 times... lol
  22. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    So when are you people planning on crashing Conan?
  23. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    I've mentioned it a few times to crash Conan's show but doesn't seem anyone has the huevos to try it. ;)
  24. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I wasn't in the sketch, but I'm all for crashing Conan! Freshman year, a friend and I had this plan to get one more person and go to the show, each holding a card to spell out C-O-N. If asked why we didn't spell out Conan's name completely, we were going to say we couldn't find enough people to come with us. Alas, we never got to go.

And hey, C-O-N now has new meaning! Con! [face_laugh]
  25. citizenjohn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.