main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY The Sketch That Just Won't Go Away...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Venom

Darth Venom Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 1999
    Well, I don't mean to be the one to rain on the parade so-to-speak, but you guys aren't going to be able to get any money out of this. I'm sure mike is aware of the legalities involved. In short, since you guys were in a public place (ie; outside on the street), they don't need your permission to film you. Also, since they did ask "wanna be interviewed by triumph for the Conan O'brian show?" and you agreed, you essentially gave them permission to use the footage however they saw fit.

I'm not a lawyer but I'm sure if you check with one they'll tell you pretty much the same thing (it's the reason why the women of the "Girls Gone Wild" videos have lost repeated lawsuits against the video makers).

Hope this info is useful.

2. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    Ergo why I said Alan's 1% of nothing is still nothing. Doesn't mean you can't try though ;) Not that I'm condoning people try or not try. You all do what you want.

3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Also, since they did ask "wanna be interviewed by triumph for the Conan O'brian show?"

Uhh yes they did.

4. Capporegime

Capporegime Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    Don't wanna pry, but which of you were who on the skit?

I got these DVDs... they're pretty funny. Its true though, the SW skit you guys were in is by far the funniest of all of the skits, too bad you didn't corner them into money.

If you want to get some payback I don't know about money, but get ahold of the Conan O'brien people and see if they'll schedule you to appear on the show as guests one night. Conan probably would have you guys go on and then triumph would make an "unscheduled" appearance and etc. etc. Point is I think the Late Night people have to pay guests, and plus theres PR promo for anything else.

But suing Conan won't work... everyone sues Conan; the Finns, French-Canadians, Asian-American associations...

5. cyranodb

cyranodb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2001
    I still say we get a front of get us tickets and crash the show.

6. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
    It never ends.. a guy i went to high school with 4 years ago mind you... emails me with this today.. (This is a guy who was in a few of my classes here and there, but he and i never really saw each other outside class - we have different friends)

"Yo i saw you on conan o brian...i was laughing ..you were funny"

*sigh*

*cry*

I want it to end!

EDIT: Lets keep it clean guys ;)

7. F16WarBird

F16WarBird Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I want it to end!

Why do you advertise it in your signature line if you want it to end? [face_thinking]

8. Jedi_Samantha

Feb 15, 2002
  9. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Some college-aged kid was looking at me funny on the subway this morning. This happens a couple of times per week. I still think it's pretty cool. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.