main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Sketchbook of Corellian_Rogue... MWUAHAHA! Just when you thought you'd got rid of me!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Rogue, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    FF You're always far too kind to me! I figure she's undergone the same sort of situation as Anakin, losing those she loves. The bare head was a quite a challenge though...it's so hard to make something so spherical but still maintain the interest in the facial features. The ear I'm a little bothered by, I could have spent more time on it but eh...I focussed on the face more than anything here. See I finally did a portrait! :D

HanSolo Thanks! I thought it was about time I did something emotional! :)

Snuggle Thanks for stopping by. I wanted to make a portrait that was a little different and people always enjoy it when a different side of a familiar character is shown. She's one fine looking lady if you don't mind her slaying jedi all over the shop. ;)

MWUAHAHA! Your next fanart piece discovered in my thread! :D

2. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Not at all. Padme and Aayla Secura tend to get all the 'hot' votes, but some of the less traditional women have their own attraction.

For example: young Mon Mothma? Hot. Even while wearing what appears to be a coffee-filter tray on her head.

3. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Here is another image done in the speed painting style. Took roughly two hours because I had issues getting the facial expression as I wanted it. I'm not sure whether he belongs in the SW universe but his clothing is somewhat jedi-esque. Enjoy! :D

Dreadlocked

Oh and there's another (so off topic) image. It's my kitten! *uses jedi mind trick* You will look at the kitty. :)

The Stump

4. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Hmmm....Dreadlocked is quite excellent. Reminds me of Quinlan Vos quite a bit. In fact, that's probably who I would have thought it was to begin with.

*feels compelled by the force* I will look at the Kitten...

'tis a darling little feline. ^_^

5. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Cute kitty! They're always fun to see. :)

I really like this new piece. He's got plenty of charisma and his clothing does give him a Star Warsy feel. Very cool. I like your 'speed painting' style.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...nice job on the "Dreadlocks" piece. He does remind me of Quinlon Vos(or whatever his name is) or you know who else I thought of when I clicked on it? That one pirate who had dreadlocks in PotC. :p Overall, nice use of colors and I love the loose paint strokes! :)

Aww, and cute kitten. I'm always a sucker for pets like that. ;)

7. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I love that you're getting into digital painting. Its seduction is hard to resist...

Great character here. The dreadlocks are definitely the highlight; whenever you can come up with a look that's just slightly off of normal, it tends to really look great in the SW universe. I really like the costume you designed, too. It looks like a KOTOR-style jedi robe, but the military-style epaulettes give it some distinction.

And there's just something inherently amusing about referring to a kitten as 'The Stump'. It is cute, I admit. With its little, white paws... ok, I'm done emasculating myself for the day.

8. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks R-Zion. Glad you stopped in and commented, it's appreciated heaps. Although I have no idea who this Quinlan Vos guy is. Do anyone post a link to an image so I can see what he looks like?

And the love of speed painting is that- the speed. I'm not expending hours I don't have on this sort of work. It gets the Star Wars out of my system in minimal time so I can work on commission and portfolio work without feeling too inspirationally drained. Thanks Obi-Dawn! I wanted to focus on his personality in his face and stance so thanks for commenting on that. :)

HanSolo! No! *is mortally wounded* I drew something that looks like something from Pirates? No! I must hang up my Wacom pen now... Or did you mean Johnny Depp because if so that's okay! ;) I'm definitely working on loosening up my strokes...making everything not so controlled.

Wick I believe I have you to thank for this interest in digital work. :) Your works inspire me always and fill me with a desire to capture mood and emotion as you do so well in your images. With this pic I was sitting on the couch thinking about nothing (actually avoiding work! :p ), saw a program about Bob Marley and thought hey...why not draw a guy with some killer dreads? And so this pic was born. Thanks for commenting.

And concerning the kitten, we were going to call it Stumpy but thought it would be unfortunate if someone who lost a limb came to our house so thought better of it. Hence Ella! :D

Oh and if anyone's interested...hopefully the coloured Togo will be along soon. Oh and my kitten says Meow! :D

9. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    The fact that you've never even heard of him makes this even funnier, C_R.

Here's a pic I got off of google of Quinlan that looks relatively close to your piece.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/swfigs4/QuinlanVosKiffexReal.jpg

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice!! Loving "Dreadlocked," C_R--and yes, he does have that sort of Quinlan Vos-look going for him! I really like his expression--sort of a "it's not the day to p!$$ me off" kind of look! His attire is very SW--almost a cross between armor and robes. Great mood, wonderful color (and I really envy the speed-stuff--it shows so much talent!)--another wonderful piece! And isn't your "Stumpie" a doll? I love cats--and this one is really sweet! Thanks for "showing off" your kittie!

FF

11. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Could that kitten be any cuter!! I like your art, its got a tremendous feel to it, very cool. Are you gonna do some kitten art?, that would be cute.

-Arsnl

12. Trooper13069

Trooper13069 Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Your kitten makes all the rest look ugly. lol. awesome artwork too.

Trooper*

13. Spin

Spin Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2005
    I like your dreadlock fellow. The hair is nice, and the expression is good.*laughs*Maybe he's related to my Jedi apprentice..she has dreads. I kid of course. ;)

14. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    LOL @ myself! I had no idea of this Quinlan Vos person and here I am drawing a pic I thought was original which looks exactly like him! Gah! I feel like an idiot! :D

Falcon! I was wondering where you had gone! :) Thanks for commenting...I was trying to get a mix between armour and robes and hopefully I got it looking pleasing. Speed painting is quite fun...you should give it a go! Or if not show us some of your quick sketches...I'd like to see them! :D

Darth_arsnl I should do some kitten art shouldn't I? I wanted to sraw my cat crossed with a squid once...maybe I should do that! LOL :) Don't ask...I'm a very odd person.

Trooper Awwww....far too kind. It'll all go to her head!

Spin Thanks for the compliments...those were the things I focussed on the most. :) Glad you could stop in for a look!

15. Otis_Frampton

Otis_Frampton LFL Artist, Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 7, 2001
    Great illustration work. I added you to my DeviantART watch list.

Is it all traditional, or do you use Photoshop?

-Otis

16. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Look at it this way, C_R, your creativity is obviously of Lucas-quality standard since you can come up with a character off the top of your head that looks quite a bit like one of their creations. ^_^

17. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Awsome Quinilan :cool:

Awwwwww! That kitty is so cute!

18. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    This is great, your art is very well done. Keep up the great work.

~Vassago

19. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks for stopping by Otis. Means a lot coming from you. :) I use a combo of techniques and I haven't really nailed down a style I like yet. In the Yuuzhan pics that's hand-rendered pencil scanned then Photoshopped. All of the Linearts are ink on paper. The few latest pics, however, have been purely photoshop, no drawing on paper at all not even for prelims.

Ri-Zion Nice way of putting it! LOL :D I think I prefer your reason!

Thrawn Rocks I didn't actually mean it to be Quinlan but thanks anyway! :)

Darth-Vassago Thanks for stopping in and taking the time to look through my work! I appreciate it alot!

20. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    *voice inadvertently changes to a gushing baby-talk voice*
    Awww! Look at the itty, bitty, kitty! You are so cute! Yes you are!

*clears throat*

Ahem. Sorry about that, I couldn't resist.

You're right, his clothing does look jedi-esque. That in conjunction with his facial expression (great job on that, btw. the time you spent on that paid off) strikes me as a character of nobility. Even his stance looks as though he may be in a possible mid bow - the fancy royal way - where a guy puts one hand behind the back and one in front. Kind of like he's just been issued an order and is obediently going to carry it out with a polite nod to a higher-up. I don't know, maybe I'm just whacked up on scooby snacks. Moving on, your painting skills always shine, especially where you worked on the small details in areas such as the shoulders. :)

- and I'm so diggin' his dreads.

- Suz ^_~

21. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    *voice inadvertently changes to a gushing baby-talk voice*
    Shouldn't that be gushing kitten-talk voice? :D Oh and she appreciates it believe me.

OMG Your_Worshipfulness! :) You have got him down even better than I could describe! I wanted that kind of regal/official look but with an air of obedience. I'm still so stunned at your accuracy with the descrip! Thanks so much for stopping by and pass the scooby snacks if they give you this sort of clarity! :D

22. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Hey there, Rogue, I just found your thread and what can I say? I LOVE IT!! and I totally agreed with H_Worship in that he looked mid-bow but to take it a step further it looked to me like he had just been commanded to do something he found especially distasteful and perhaps of dubious honor. It made me think of an honest man in say, the ruthless Hapan court.

I also loved the Togorian... I've always had a soft spot for them and you captured their essense wonderfully! The Vong were incredible. And I wish my art could come close to you "just line art"!

Keep it up and I can't wait til your next piece.

23. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Finally I have completed the Togorian Jedi lineart rendering! I am really proud of this so shower me with praise! LOL :D Joking but if you could leave a comment I'd love you to bits! Sorry if I'm a bit dopey, I just finished it and am riding on the high of getting it done with a result I like! Don't you just love that feeling...we should bottle it and sell it for a nice profit.

Renegade Jedi

Oh and I'd appreciate it if you full view it. It may take a bit longer but the details are nice in the large version. :) Thanks!

24. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I've just looked through your thread and I have to say that I really like your style. All your pieces are very good, but if I had to pick my favorite one it'd be the Togorian that you just posted. The detail is amazing and I love the stormy feel that the background gives.

25. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Wow, it's definitely an image to be proud of! Amazing, Corellian_Rogue!

The colouring for his skin and fur has so much great variety and tone. And the cape is too awesome for words. I especially like the colouring of it in the bottom left corner, where it's sort of fading to the background as it nears the edge of the page.

Beautiful work. The colour job enhances the lineart, instead of distracting from it, which is a difficult balancing act. Well done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.