main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The Sketchbook of Corellian_Rogue... MWUAHAHA! Just when you thought you'd got rid of me!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Rogue, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Absolutely amazing, C_R! It's been a while since your last update, but it was sure worth it. ;)

All of your drawings just flow with motion. The sweeping poses combined with the way the clothes are tattered and waving off into different directions really creates a neat effect. And I just love all the detail gone into every single one of them. I particularly like Sett. Although he seems to be the most creepy and disturbing of the group, I think you really brought him to life well. The expression on his face really comes a long way as well. Great job in that area.

And something I noticed for a while and just haven't said anything till now. Your style reminds me a lot of DarthZemog. I think you two could do some amazing things together if you ever hooked up. ;)

Great work! =D=

2. DARTH_RAMA

DARTH_RAMA Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Vary Nice

3. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    And yes you must do more art! I miss seeing fresh, new work from you. Do you have anything in the works at the moment?

Thanks a bunch C_R :)

Ah, er...yeah, it's just going rather slowly at the moment as I can't seem to get into the drawing mood. I was recently inspired to make a wallpaper though. I suppose I could post that up when it's finished...

I think with inking you've just got to put your foot down and say I'm doing this. If you're a bit hesitant then you get shaky lines that look dodgy. I've stuffed up enough linearts to know that another stuffup isn't going to harm me!

Thanks for the advice. I just find the whole process to be...restrictive, as I'm just a naturally sketchy person, and being so makes cleaning up my work for inking to be a pain in the @$$. I don't think I'll ever enjoy it.

Any ideas for a name for him? I have so much problems with giving characters names. Our Togorian friend from way back is still namless! LOL

Um...I'd have to get back to you on that, lol.

Yeah! *dances* With Sett that's exactly what I wanted to hear! How do you do that Suz?

It's a gift. :D

------
    Glad you enjoyed me humongo-post (it is a bit essay-like isn't it?) Lol. Anywho, Looking forward to your next update, as your WIP's sound interesting.

- Suz ^_~

4. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks Hansolo! :D Glad you could stop by for a little peek at my update. My work usually comes in insane bursts of work between long drougts unfortunately. :( I don't understand it either. I'm glad you liked my work, I'm truly flattered by your compliments. And I remind you of Darth_Zemog? I don't know about being that good! I love his pencilling style a whole lot, I'm tempted to try and colour something but am petrified at doing it an injustice! LOL :D Hopefully with practise I'll get the hang of more dynamic linearts. Thanks again, you're too kind!

Thanks for stopping by Darth Rama! :)

Yes Suz! You must put something up! :D I miss your updates. I'm naturally sketchy too by the way and it almost kills me to do such clean work but I figure if I force myself to do it hopefully it'll come more naturally. I really am working on boiling my line work down to neccessities, not using too many lines. Just a little experiment I guess to keep things interesting.

Hopefully I'll have something more to show this week and not let you gals and guys wait another three weeks! LOL :D

5. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    A lot of you know about the work on my fanfilm, and the hoards of conceptual art I've recieved from extremely talented artists on this forum. Corellian_Rogue has added her name to that list of talented artists.

I've recieved a lot of unwitting an anonymous compliments from a few of these posts, and I figure I probably should speak up. Sett was my request. I couldn't agree more with the coments regarding him, and would like to add my two cents. C_R outdid herself with that artwork. Alterations to very sublte points in the script were happily made based on that drawing. My cast and crew all ooh and ahh over the line art. Personally, I cannot wait for the colored version to show off to people.

I find one of the most common things I say to people I show my collection to, is "no, I didn't draw that, I got somebody who could." I don't claim to be any great artist, but the work done by others, including wicktone, ConceptArtist, many others, and most recently Corellian_Rogue has proven to be the most valuable asset my fanfilm production has ever recieved.

6. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Just to boost this thread from the depths of Page two really. :)

And thanks for your kind words Corrin! :) I appreciate your support very much and I'm working to get the lovely Sett done for you as soon as humanly possible between paid work.

7. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    How are the colored versions of your lastest pieces going on, if I might ask?

8. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I remember the Togorian Jedi from when it was just line art (and wow was that ever good!) but the depth it has been given with the colors you chose... incredible. I really wish I had the computer skills and programs to get into digital stuff. Or was yours by hand?

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Gorgeous drawings, Corellian_Rogue! The details are magnificent!

10. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Let this Sketchbook rise from the ashes of page 3 and blossom forth to the top of Page One and serve as a reminder to the great Corellian_Rogue to get back to work on her sketches!

:p

11. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    Daggone it! *shakes fist at the library's firewall* I'll have to take a look at these at home some time.... Character line drawings are my favorite. :)

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Absolutely fantastic art, Corellian_Rogue!!! I can't believe I have not checked out your thread before. I feel terrible. Plus I have cheated myself out of seeing some awesome artwork.

Fantastic.

I see you favor the prequel era characters. That is probably why I was remiss in visiting before... you probably guessed I am a Luke fan. ;) Well, I will correct that oversight.

Wonderful work. I look forward to seeing more.

AG88

13. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Sweet work! :) My favorites:

Dreadlocked- I really liked the style of this one, the way it fades off at the waist. The coloring gives it an awesome feel. :)

Kit Fisto- The white face is something I've never seen. Very neat.

Excellent stuff! I hope to see more soon. :D

14. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Do not forget, she does not update her first post. There are more sketches skattered throughout the thread.

Happy hunting.

15. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Yes, I did find a few others. However, I was a bit rushed, so I couldn't sort all the way through.... And now I'm at the library again behind a firewall. :(

16. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Ditto.

17. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks so much everyone for keeping this on the front page...I know my breaks in between works are far too long but that's the way I work unfortunately. Nothing then BOOM! LOL :D

Thanks heaps AG88! :D I love the work in your thread a lot so thank you for taking the time out to mosey on over here. Not much going on but eh. I don't know why I favour the prequel era characters actually...considering I don't like those films a whole lot. I definitely prefer drawing characters that don't have a likeness that everyone knows ie. Leia, Luke and Han. I'm terrible, I can draw a person but I can't draw THAT person. I need to improve on that.

Thanks Moonshadow! :) That Kit Fisto with the white face is actually how the conceptual designer drew him...I lot nicer I think so that is how I draw him. LOL :) Glad you could stop in and comment... I appreciate the kind words and support a lot.

Thanks Corrin for upping this...I swear you'll get your finished Sett eventually! I apologise so much for the delay...I've had one hell of a commissioner at the moment (and not in a good way attitude wise)

And thanks to everyone who stops in every now and again!

Okay here's the update several pages from my sketchbook. I figure its better than nothing. And what's this TRADITIONAL MEDIA!!!! Arg...fear my dodginess with marker!

Grevious

Trying out new techniques...this one used marker, white paint highlights (which I've seen done but never tried before myself) and inking done with callipgraphy pen. Lightsabers with marker =shudder! No refs used for either Grevious...I know I made parts up but eh...it's my sketchbook! :p

Shaak Ti

Excuse the horrible colour choice...I don't have a nice salmon red marker for her skin tone. That's something to be said for computers...all the colours possible are at your disposal. At eight bucks a marker I can't afford the same with tradition media! LOL :D

Grevious Sketches

Cute little sketches. I included the ringbinder just to show what scale I'm working at here. In and A4 sketchbook.

Tauntaun and Rider

I think tauntauns are possibly my favourite thing about Star Wars other than lightsabers. They are just so damn cool and adorable and everything else. Kudos to you Terryl Whitlatch (which this drawing was based off) truly a master of creature design. :) I really really like this drawing... mechanical pencil, marker and white paint.

If I eventually fill this sketchbook I might sell it or something. Dunno but I love comments so please drop in!

18. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Lol! What are the chances that as soon as I finish replying to my own artwork as well as update my own thread, that you go and do the very same thing. I don't have the time to look through what is no doubt some really awesome artwork, but I promise to get to it tommorow! :D

I'll be back :)

EDIT: Apparently I can't do anything too well when I'm in a rush, lol.

------

...and I'm back. Well, there's really no need for me to make a brand new post when I can just edit this message...is there?

Grievous
    Gah! You made parts up? I can't even tell. It looks excellent! Your use of markers in this is just beautiful. You truly have gotten the metallic look down. I love the white paint highlights, epecially in his cape because it really makes it stand out more (I've heard about others adding white paint like that, but have never tried it myself.) His action pose is great. Good job on drawing in his arms as it's often hard enough dealing with just two, nevermind four.

I still can't believe you did this without a ref. I think I hate you a little bit. j/k :p

Shaak Ti
    Lol at the "horrible colour choice" line. Don't worry, it looks fine - We all have to make do with what we've got. I particularly like the work put into her, uh, tentacle/horn part as well as her expression. Deb described it as being almost regal looking and I tend to agree. However, it appears to me as though her head is a just little bit too long...or it may look like that because her face is narrow? Not sure which.

Grevious Sketches
    Of the three sketches, I like the top right one the most. He's just so threatening the way he has his eye on me. Just as you did in the other Grevious drawing, the colours are blended so well together. Lovely work on the cape in the bottom too. (I love capes :D)

Tauntaun and Rider
    Nice! Don't see a lot of tauntaun drawings. Again, I have to agree with Deb on how well the musculature is structured on the tauntaun's body. What I find odd is how it looks so cute despite having those scary looking razor sharp talons. Also really love the tail. The addition of a partial blue sky and ground is a nice touch, making it look like a truly completed piece. However there is one thing that confuses me or looks a little off and that's the rider's... scarf? I sort of get the impression that it's a tentacle, but no one else has commented on this, so perhaps this is all in my head. Anywho, the rider himself was drawn well to indicate that he truly is riding the tauntaun. Sometimes drawing something like so can be tricky to pull off convincingly, so I wanted to point it out.

So glad to see more artwork from you as it's been awhile. Your marker work strikes me as actual SW concept artwork of the Pro's.

- Suz ^_~

19. Corrin_Wyndryder

Oct 17, 2001
    Grrr.... Argh....

Great art work! But still...

Grrr.... Argh....

20. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Oh my....

Those are so amazing! I had no idea you could get such tones and colour with markers!!
    I think I'm going to go away and cry now....

21. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    Very nice new stuff, Rogue!

I especially like Grievous and the Tauntaun. Glad to see you can also work with traditional media and not only digital.

Would be cool if you uploaded more pieces from your Sketchbook :)

Keep up the amazing work!

22. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Awesome!!!
    =D=

These are amazing, Rogue!! All are stunning (and most especially since you've done them in traditional media!), but I think I like the first Grievous piece the best! Between the pose, the beautiful handling of the shiney metal and reflections and that big billowing cape, it's just a stunner! I just love the action here, with the good General caught in mid-leap--woe to the poor Jedi in his sights! ;) Shaak Ti is gorgeous--the regal bearing, the turn of her head and the high cheekbones really make this an exceptional portrait--and I love the coloring! It looks very real to me, particularly the way you've handled the shading (and fantastic work with the "white-paint hightlighting," btw!). The Grievous "head shots" are also wonderful studies--both look like completed "portraits" of him, actually! And what a wonderful rendering of a taun taun! On an "imaginary" creature, you've included perfectly believable bands and bundles of muscles--it's like you had one pose for you or something!

What a wonderful treat, to find this in your thread! Awesome work here, my friend--thanks for starting my day off right! =D=

FF

23. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks so much for your lovely replies everyone! If I do more work in this thing I'll post what I can. I just realised this is probably the first time you people here have seen me colour with traditional media! LOL :D I do a lot of traditional work but because the scans always look crap I don't post...I should get in the habit though as it would result in an update more than every couple months! ;)

Suz! LOL You really went to an effort to get that first post didn't you! :D I appreciate your kind words and compliments. I know it's weird but I find doing four arms easier than four. With humanoid anatomy everyone knows it and expects perfection because they are familiar and know it well. With something that's out of the human range, people have to grasp the idea first and then they pick out your mistakes. I much prefer the latter! :) That and four arms are so much fun, I could kill for four arms when doing my work or cooking! With the tauntaun rider that's a scarf. The ref pic of Luke I loosely used for the costume design had this big thick scarf on it and I couldn't resist being dramatic. But hell, why not make it a tentacle with little fringes on it! Oh and Suz I hate you a little too so the feelings mutual. ;)

Thanks Corrin! And I totally agree...I want to so badly work on him but commissions are taking up all serious work time I have. I'll try and slap some colour on it soon. :)

Thank you for stopping in Esira! And don't cry...I've seen much better marker work than this so cry over those. :) With markers I think the trick is to just go nuts. I used to be afraid, sticking to colours in one range for each section and being very precise. When I let go and just whacked the colour on, mixing the areas sometimes so one colour bleeds into another, and just using whatever colour you pick up, I found I got nicer results.

Thanks Corran_Fett for your comment! The first Grevious one is a favourite too...was done really quickly but still a fav. I thought it was about time I shows you guys here my traditional stuff, that I'm not just a Photoshop nut (in fact I'm hating it at the moment and want to throw my computer out the window) LOL I'll try to post more work as I do it.

Falcon, thanks for dropping in here. I love your new piece by the way...I have to find time to comment. Billowing capes are fun aren't they...fabric will NEVER move like this ever but hey...it's my world in my sketchbook. :D Oh and I wish I had a tauntaun...they might smell bad on the outside but I'd hug it and ride it to school! Public transport delays never again with your trusty Tauntaun. I hope you had a great day off...glad I could contribute a little. :)

24. Corellian_Rogue

Sep 30, 2001
    Just upping...for it to end up in the same place in a day but oh well! :D I need to work faster!

And I've added links to all my colouring competition entries to the front page image list so feel free to comment on those if you like. :)

25. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Once again, fabulous work!! I especially like the Tauntaun with rider. I don't know how you did it, but you actually made that smelly beast look cuddily! LOL.

General Grevious looks great also. I love the flowing cape. I always find drawing capes and clothing difficult. Why do you think most of the time people are nude in my pictures? ;)

Shaak Ti and the assorted Grevious Sketches are also wonderful. How could you ever consider selling your sketchbook?:eek: Oh well, if you do, I would like to put in a bid for that Ebay auction. :)

Great stuff!

AG88

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.